Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #6451 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:31 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 6450, Ankamius wrote:can I blame everyone for not sheeping me on luna being town
TBH I was just weirded out my role had so many fake guilties at that point, I thought one of the pts had to be fake.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #6452 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:54 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 6449, Jingle wrote:
In post 6439, Alisae wrote:
In post 6379, mastina wrote:The town made many stupid mistakes. Lynching the Neighborizer.
WOOOOOOOOOAH
LYNCHING TOWN IS A MISTAKE?????
POGGERS

I LEARNED SOMETHING NEW TODAY!!!!!!

Put a bullet in my brain please
No Ali. Rolling town is a mistake ;)
No Jingle. Playing Mafia (and especially joining a mastina game) is a mistake, so thank god I wasn’t in this one :D
GTKAS
| here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #6453 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 6450, Ankamius wrote:can I blame everyone for not sheeping me on luna being town
Can't blame me, wasn't in the game then :mrgreen:
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6454 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:46 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 6418, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 6391, RadiantCowbells wrote:i'm not you

i don't want to win scum games by walking over a town who doesn't give a fuck about anything

i don't consider that accolade worthy

i don't hype my ability to beat said towns who don't give a fuck about anything

i want to have a good game of mafia and win it via good play.
says the person who like to play to never lose
these things aren't mutually exclusive, gamma.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6455 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:54 am

if anything... games where people lurk and it comes to deadline lynches are scary as scum for me.
that's when people shrug and cop me because there's no better targets. that's when a random deadline lynch comes in that takes out a scumbuddy I couldn't afford to lose.

but that's just me :]
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #6456 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Alisae »

Wait people don't cop u N1 already?
God what is wrong with the people on here
GTKAS
| here.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6457 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:17 am

Post by Jingle »

They play mafia.

Thanks for the setup to that. ;)
This is a Parachute.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6458 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:57 am

Post by MathBlade »

This is what 3 or four Mastina games in a row I have rolled scum in.

Mastinaaaaaaaaaaaa your RNG is broken
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6459 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

Mod is Mafia Night and Day Lynch all wolves Gistou
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6460 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Ankamius »

I think I've hit endgame in every mastina game I've been in

Although I think I've only finished two rofl (this one and hilariously unbalanced 2)
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6461 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:44 am

Post by Ankamius »

Oh there was light and darkness but I essentially didn't even play that one with how short my time in it was
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6462 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 6460, Ankamius wrote:I think I've hit endgame in every mastina game I've been in

Although I think I've only finished two rofl (this one and hilariously unbalanced 2)
First one I've finished, I repped out of my last one and repped in here so I've played one full mastina game ig
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6463 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 6461, Ankamius wrote:Oh there was light and darkness but I essentially didn't even play that one with how short my time in it was
night and day you mean
<Embrace The Void>

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6464 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Ankamius »

Case in point
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6465 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Yuurei »

In post 6397, Vaxkiller wrote:GG had fun while it lasted. I totally called out 2 scum (in my head) to buddy up with! (math and titus), until I saw something I should not have.

**Shakes fist a yurie**!
heh, sorry..

sorry for giving you trouble as well mastina...
In post 6399, Ankamius wrote:I wonder what would've happened if I had Yuurei's slot...

If I had all that info on the setup a lot earlier, the game might have swung very differently
mmmh, indeed I had some info but I think that you guys thinking are flawed in relation to Nos being able to be a vig innocent child early.

The fact is that I actually didn't know that Nos was my partner in the begin due to a small mod mistake (I had a X instead of Nos name so I didn't know who my partner was), but that anyway isn't the biggest problem.

You guys are all thinking that mafia should just claim day 1 and became invencible. That's right but...it only works if it is a open setup?

If it is a closed setup, the mafia traitor won't know that his partner is vig-immune and supernatural-imune (it doesn't say anything in the role pm), all you will know is that you have a partner, he shoots at night and either of you need to survive until endgame. Yes, you will probably come to the conclusion that he has some extra powers but how can you come to be 100% confident that your partner is immune to block roles (that you didn't know if scum had or not), and as well immune to shots?

It would be 101% just speculation.

Not only that, but saying "hi I am mafia and win with town but need to survive" would normally lead to:

1. people doubting you and you getting probably lynched
2. scum being able to kill you by night and that would make you drop your odds of winning, be scum lynched in the end or not.

not only that, if I had outed Nos and he didn't was BOTH vig-immune and supernatural-immune (and I didn't know that he was), we would just have drastically dropped our chances of winning and the chances of town winning as well, since scum not only would come to kill us, but people would doubt us and scum as well could block our night actions (all I knew was that Nos actually could shot at night, so I didn't want people blocking him of course).

It makes exact 0 sense to actually come out and say "I am mafia and this is my partner" if you don't know about the details of Nos's role.

and as a traitor, you don't know about the details of Nos's role, and as a survivor faction you normally...needs to stay alive.

said that, it is kinda...well...overpowered?

in a different way though.

for example, if Nos was about to get lynched, I think he would probably claim mafia vig, and once he explained that he was immune to all scum night actions, it surely would come down to the mafia traitor confirming that they are their partners and if people doubted them, the traitor simply had to die and prove it to everyone.

I mean, it is really hard for scum to deal with something like that, Nos chances of dying even though he was the vigilant were pretty low since the unique way to get rid of him, by lynching, would actually probably give a "innocent child vigilant" to town.

I think the best way to counter that would be not telling the traitor who is their partners, but again, only if it is a closed setup, if it is a open and we know about these roles, it would be of course broken.

----------------------------------

About the info of there being factions aside from town and werewolves...well..I kinda extremely hinted on it to everyone? My posts about setup speculation were actually telling that, and I didn't really had any mod confirmed info about that other than to know that my own faction existed, it was just a bit of speculation.

for last, the lynch mob...well, mastina said that we missed something about the lynch mob rules but when I was reading I didn't get it? or maybe it was actually what I said early about claiming non human, being added to the lynch mob and making sure that if the other two humans were lynched we would have a guilty or a innocent?

I suggested that as well but later retracted because it could (and would) end up revealing power roles. It would work it out if we had control over Luna's neighboor abilities but it was pretty complex imo.

anyway, I can be just being dumb but I don't think that I played my role THAT MUCH wrongly?

I didn't play well this game though.
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6466 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Yuurei »

oh wait, reading the PT mod I remembered I actually had the ability to ask for fakeclaims and try to get some info by speculating what mastina sent me.

yeah, that was helpful but when I had replaced out, I had already hinted what I thought it was good information from what I received (mainly that there may be more than one survival faction and there may be non humans in town). I can have missed something else though.

aside from that, I got a good laugh out of Math in the werewolf PT saying that I would be his "pet" (pocketing).

I mean, I super understand him. I often like to side with people and was pretty passive in this particular game but the fact is that I am too paranoic to be a good "pet". I suspect everyone and if I didn't know my own role I would suspect myself as well.

I replaced out before it but in the dead thread I gave some good screams about Math dying.

About the game...well, it sure was a huge comeback? I was thinking that scum would surely win this but oh well, in the last moment things got off-track for them?

What they needed to win here in some early days? a lynch + a shot on someone other than scum?

well, it was close anyway.

This game did teach me that I have no idea of how to properly read RC though, so when I feel like he is being scummy I will just kinda lynch him?

I was like "what if he has a big plan", but the thing is, would it really be town fault to ruin someone plan because while executing that plan the person sounded scummy?

:thinking:

This game was kinda weird to be honest, a devourer claim (I know that setup wise it is not unexcusable but like, it sounds so bad to say "I am a devourer" when the game is about WEREWOLVES). Yeah, that is tricky.

A seer claim coming from...scum. I mean, I thought that he was suspicious for claiming seer and that was...his real role...but he was scum...

Math claims got weirder and weirder (I know he had little choice though, he was being cornered by PoE so he had to try to do something). in the end they were so weird that quite a few times I thought "but is this really coming from scum? it is just too weird".

idk about AA9 slot because I kinda skipped some pages.

Oath/glowball played well here. Ank too. I felt as well glowball's uncertainess about being alone or not there though, I too was like "is there only one vampire, really?" but oh well, you had that revive shot so it was balanced I guess.

Anyway, gg everyone.
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6467 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Yuurei »

oh right, for last, thanks mastina for modding and Nos for being the hero of some nights and shooting scum when we needed.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6468 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Yuurei, I said that because I was in the correct mindset for interpreting the setup, and if I had more information to work with in order to use that mindset effectively, I would've been in a far better spot to be able to solve the game from there
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #6469 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Alisae »

RC wasn't trying I can tell u that for sure
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #6470 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Alisae »

Oh wait I can't because I wasn't in the game
GTKAS
| here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6471 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:41 pm

:THINKING:
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6472 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:55 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Congrats ...everyone? :D
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6473 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:16 am

Post by Toranaga »

oh he got replaced out, he didn't replace out
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6474 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:22 am

Post by mastina »

Hey guys, just letting everyone know:
I finally made this game's sequel, Lynch the Scum, although it may not be to everyone's tastes.

It's a
:
:
town
:
mafia
:
vampire
multiball setup.

As it's multiball, it's inherently swingy; given that it's a mastina setup, you can amp that up to being swingy-as-fuck. Literally as swingy as swingy gets.

I also can't GUARANTEE it's balanced. LOOSELY, by a 33-33-33% town-scum-scum metric, I BELIEVE it to be balanced, but my mental math on that calculation may be off.

So while I can say that it's CLOSE to balanced (albeit swingy-as-fuck), it could end up as, sayyyyyy, 40-30-30, 40-25-35, etc. Thus why you may not like it.

Still, figured I'd let you know just in case you are interested!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”