Is anyone ever going to organize a The Mole game on here

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:47 am

Post by pablito »

I played a concurrent mole game with two sides. Got to the end on the losing team and lost. It's not a bad mechanic. Combining games and eliminating moles though is not usually good. I've seen that before and not so fair for one side.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:00 am

Post by pablito »

2 moles in final task means one can rest and hide which is not fair to that side of the game. Mole is a game where balance and fairness has to be well planned. This is an am additional concern in developing these games. Modding the mole and writing these challenges is infinitely tougher than survivor.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:46 am

Post by pablito »

One time I played a mole game where not only were there two sides of the game for a 12 v 12 situation where each side has its respective mole, there were double eliminations each round. I hated it but it sure gave incentive to never sabotage.

So just as discussed the side of the game with more money wins overall and produces the winning player and the side with lower jackpot gives their mole the win. I ended up being on the side with flakers and crap people in that tribe so I knew I couldn't win even if we tried our best. Bad challenge design that is too difficult can destruction a two tribe mole game.

The other twist which I thought was fairly unfair was whomever did poorest in quiz was eliminated as per usual, but the executed contestant typically answers the final question q20 "who is the mole?" The person whom the executed contestant names is also out. And I was intentionally sketchy and still made final 3 because stupid players never knew my sabotage and instead players who I thought looked the most innocent were dragged out by naive newbies. That rule is designed to eliminate those who try to look sketchy but it didn't always work. And the mole's job becomes five times harder.

It also helped me figure out who the mole was early on because he was aligned with first person executed and I always knew who he named as the mole because I was aligned with him so I thought I'd be next dragged out but I made final 3 somehow.

However a modified version of that rule, especially if it was not every execution could make a better twist. Perhaps every two to four rounds there is a bonus execution where only players eligible to be executed are those who have been named as the mole in q20 more than the mole. IE if Johnny was named mole 20 times, Natalie 18 times, and devin 4 times in quizzes but real mole only 14 times was named. then everyone takes the quiz but devin is secretly exempt for the bonus execution and not told whereas johnny and natalie are eligible for both executions. So if Johnny and Natalie know the mole and get top two scores, still one is executed in the bonus execution. Two people eliminated in a round, the regular loser of quiz plus bonus loser. So if Natalie and Johnny are in a coalition and figured out the mole and intentionally sabotaging, the survivor of that coalition may doubt what is going on if it was regular execution or bonus execution.
Sup, later.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”