Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:32 am

Post by Eragon »

well, i think i caught up on
some
sleep over the weekend and HW is mostly done so i should be able to do things rn on the bus :3
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:32 am

Post by Eragon »

Pageget

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:02 am

Post by the worst »

uhhh why is era's shameless prodging pinging me as towny
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:03 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Idk why is it?

Hi duck, what are your reads?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:04 am

Post by the worst »

Riddley Walker by Russell Hoban GOAT
--
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:05 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 802, the worst wrote:uhhh why is era's shameless prodging pinging me as towny

im maybe doing stuff in the next hour.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:07 am

Post by Eragon »

and then i read that Toranaga has 101 posts...

nope!

onto Ausuka
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:24 am

Post by Eragon »

this is only their third post of the game and they already have p.much a full readlist and things on everyone that they can. Then gives a wishy washy read on Sesq saying they are probably TWTBAW, which I normally find is scum trying to WK town and because they know someone is town. Talks about Keyser active scumhunting, which is kinda NAI because anyone can “scumhunt” first one I see they think is scummy is Volxen, which is a read of “his contributions are kind of active lurking,” like… “What?” This almost seems like an attempt for early towncred if volxen flips. Seems kinda ehh about irrelephant TR’ing NSG for “game-solvey” but they themselves talked about Keyser genuinely Scumhunting.

hrmmm looking above their SR on Reundo is pretty much entrance comments so this is an ok vote and keeps In touch with their reads. But the “ugh thanks, I forgot” seemed kinda forced.
not just this but another before this, they’re talking a LOT about 2.718 and slight defending him with their posts. I dont think this means much as their slot flipped town, but it could be pocketing/towncred
“im awful at finding scum but ill try”
You have been trying
Whose to say your awful?
To me this reads as a reason to actually not find scum, by deprecating yourself and saying your bad at scum hunting

where did this naked vote come from??
and this kinda-naked vote after saying you like them as a TR, but you come back with saying its a shitread and voting them…

nothing really bad here, but somehow they already think they have the game to 3 scum out of 6 players? Which seems overconfident to me, and they said they dont normally have confidence in 202
this is now the third time naked voting Volxen, although at least they had reasoning for the SR.
in the mindset of an Ausuka/volxen team “Do we risk the flip or can we change?”

this is their D1 ISO that i got and im getting the impression they are probably scum
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:24 am

Post by Eragon »

ill do the rest later but i aint got time for this rn
Reundo
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:26 am

Post by Reundo »

In post 784, Keyser Söze wrote:@Reundo - help me with Toranaga and Ausuka.
Both can’t be scum... so either both town, or one scum?
Hmm... I've been thinking about this, and I've decided that Toranaga probably is the scummier one out of the two. I could sort of get Ausuka's thought process throughout D1, but with Toranaga, he seemed to subtly push volxen throughout the day but never actually voted him until the last second. Doesn't really scream that towny to me, tbh. Also, I'm kind of just running out of things to post about. I'll just park my vote here for the time being.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Toranaga
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:29 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 166, Toranaga wrote:volxen/sesq/271 all fine lynches
In post 402, Toranaga wrote:
In post 399, the worst wrote:hot take: we need to hammer Sesq who will do nothing to defend themselves or flashwagon volxen who is one rung townier and will become extremely obvious later if scum

:]
VOTE: volxen

volxen made a lot of scumsplaining and description posts that added no leans and didn't help the game move forward. I think he has a bigger chance of being scum than sesq who is probably kind of... incoherent? regardless of what they rand.

i dont see how this is any worse than an RvS vote on volxen, a naked vote on volxen, a little explanation, and then another vote on volxen
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:31 am

Post by the worst »

funny, I would scumread myself over that but I actually think it's less partner indicative from Tor. I would have comfortably seen d1 out without that cw ever even forming if he hadn't posted so quickly lol.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:32 am

Post by the worst »

Reundo, do you really consider town!suka/scum!anaga to be more likely than t/t here?
--
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:33 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 811, the worst wrote:funny, I would scumread myself over that but I actually think it's less partner indicative from Tor. I would have comfortably seen d1 out without that cw ever even forming if he hadn't posted so quickly lol.
quack
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:50 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 798, Irrelephant11 wrote:Okay hi great I'm catching up what do you think of Tora rn?
not exactly townreading him but don't have all that specific reasons to scumread him either. waiting on his explanation for his dunn read
In post 799, Eragon wrote:oh my god im the most awesomest FM player ever(complete /s)

i definitley didnt fall asleep at my desk, wake up and shut down my computer, losing all the open windows, then went to my golf tournement and forgot about everything.

Truly, none of this actually happened. (/s)
how did your golf tournament go?
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:53 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 658, Nauci wrote:Lol Irrelephant I love that you also check for daychat every time

It feels like it should make a huge difference to use because we used it so much but most scum threads I see are kinda tumbleweeds
I laughed at this and then came back and saw it again and wondered why you're so comfortable around me and why you're not really sorting anyone
In post 661, Toranaga wrote:when have I directed attention off wagon though? I came in, read the wagons, thought volxen was scummier and booya it was scum

the crowd goes wild woohoo
In post 663, Toranaga wrote:I am interested in where I tried to drive attention off wagon. that literally did not happen at all
I see now what you think I meant - I'm not saying you tried to move attention off-wagon D1, I'm saying you started D2 by suggesting we vote someone off wagon. I think volxen was an easy (maybe even preferred) bus that any scum would have been happy to participate in. I see no reason to focus exclusively on the players who didn't vote volxen.
In post 665, Toranaga wrote:-Has lots of interactions with tw that are really very friendly and (significantly) once tw joined the game Tor was much more interested in playing

I like how enjoying to play with certain people is scummy to you irrelephant :P
It's not scummy, but it is associative. If I started D1 as scum with volxen and GNB and the game state was lurky crap, I would have posted very much like you did. Then when the game started moving and you got an active, helpful partner, it would make sense for you to get more active. I see as I'm writing this how your activity might? be more tied to the game state than to the arrival of the duck, but while looking at the pair of you it stood out to me that your "welcome tw!!" post was the beginning of your srs playng
In post 666, Toranaga wrote:instead of trying to lynch the people who dunked on scum yesterday, just look at other slots. just today. it's day 2. look at ausuka's vote movement, it's scummy. I have no reason to townread anything she said today either. NSG is probably scum as well.
Yeah this makes no sense, Ausuka also helped dunk on scum. Why does her vote get to be scummy but yours doesn't? I also don't think her vote movement is "opportunistic scum being opportunistic" because flip/flopping readily onto any available wagon isn't as "opportunistic" when the first flip and the last flop were on a partner.
Though I take the point from Eragon earlier this page about Ausuka maybe trying to make room for flip/flopping again post-claim.
In post 667, the worst wrote:
In post 657, Irrelephant11 wrote:Any thoughts on this? tw has come across as feeling v towny in tone but I can't get over the combo of
-
GNB's weirdness

-
volxen's long, drawn out nullread of the slot

-
tw's TMI of the lynch
playstyle

either a half assed read from scum or absolutely abysmal theatre

i was intoxicated and literally laughed at loud at how bad the watcher claim was, do you disagree? xD

pedit: ya tora and i are scumbuddies irl
-maybe
-this doesn't actually make me see it as less associative - I think volxen is pretty new to mafia? So "absolutely abysmal theatre", while rude, is kinda what I think I'd expect

pedit: if you're caught up, Isurely you've seen Keyser and me casing Tora?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:54 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 815, Irrelephant11 wrote:-maybe
-this doesn't actually make me see it as less associative - I think volxen is pretty new to mafia? So "absolutely abysmal theatre", while rude, is kinda what I think I'd expect
-fair
ebwop
Reundo
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:56 am

Post by Reundo »

In post 812, the worst wrote:Reundo, do you really consider town!suka/scum!anaga to be more likely than t/t here?
Educate me on why this conversation is t/t. I think both of them have decent scum equity, and they probably both need to be lynched unless the other flips scum. I don't either looks any scummier than the other in their conversation alone, but as a whole I just view Toranaga a teeny bit scummier than Ausuka. That being said, I didn't really look into Eragon's ISO dive on Ausuka before posting, so maybe Ausuka actually is the scummier one here. I'd be surprised if they both flipped town, honestly.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:59 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Spoiler: Mod-edited to spoiler a long string of quotes
In post 658, Nauci wrote:Lol Irrelephant I love that you also check for daychat every time

It feels like it should make a huge difference to use because we used it so much but most scum threads I see are kinda tumbleweeds
In post 661, Toranaga wrote:when have I directed attention off wagon though? I came in, read the wagons, thought volxen was scummier and booya it was scum

the crowd goes wild woohoo
In post 663, Toranaga wrote:I am interested in where I tried to drive attention off wagon. that literally did not happen at all
In post 665, Toranaga wrote:-Has lots of interactions with tw that are really very friendly and (significantly) once tw joined the game Tor was much more interested in playing

I like how enjoying to play with certain people is scummy to you irrelephant :P
In post 666, Toranaga wrote:instead of trying to lynch the people who dunked on scum yesterday, just look at other slots. just today. it's day 2. look at ausuka's vote movement, it's scummy. I have no reason to townread anything she said today either. NSG is probably scum as well.
In post 667, the worst wrote:
In post 657, Irrelephant11 wrote:Any thoughts on this? tw has come across as feeling v towny in tone but I can't get over the combo of
-
GNB's weirdness

-
volxen's long, drawn out nullread of the slot

-
tw's TMI of the lynch
playstyle

either a half assed read from scum or absolutely abysmal theatre

i was intoxicated and literally laughed at loud at how bad the watcher claim was, do you disagree? xD

pedit: ya tora and i are scumbuddies irl
In post 672, Keyser Söze wrote:
In follow up of Irrelephant’s points against you:
You say we shouldn’t look at people who “dunked on scum” / pushed and voted Volxen D1, but you are looking at Volxen’s wagon yourself (Ausuka). I just wish you’d been on Volxen’s wagon earlier: instead you name-dropped Volxen early saying you would lynch them but did not vote for a long part of D1. Then when the wagon looked inevitable
then
you decided to vote / post your belated case. That is what is grating in the back of my head. I asked you before, give me a grade for “believability” for the scum narrative I am presenting. You are not acknowledging but deflecting. You keep laughing off cases on you with humour, gifs, talking about the worst, or throwing out a town read on the person analysing your behaviour. I feel the Volxen wagon was too damn enticing for at least one scum not to bus.

Nauci says NSG is the townie who towned in townville - are you going to challenge Nauci in regard this read?
In post 673, Toranaga wrote:
In post 672, Keyser Söze wrote:
In follow up of Irrelephant’s points against you:
You say we shouldn’t look at people who “dunked on scum” / pushed and voted Volxen D1, but you are looking at Volxen’s wagon yourself (Ausuka). I just wish you’d been on Volxen’s wagon earlier: instead you name-dropped Volxen early saying you would lynch them but did not vote for a long part of D1. Then when the wagon looked inevitable
then
you decided to vote / post your belated case. That is what is grating in the back of my head. I asked you before, give me a grade for “believability” for the scum narrative I am presenting. You are not acknowledging but deflecting. You keep laughing off cases on you with humour, gifs, talking about the worst, or throwing out a town read on the person analysing your behaviour. I feel the Volxen wagon was too damn enticing for at least one scum not to bus.

Nauci says NSG is the townie who towned in townville - are you going to challenge Nauci in regard this read?
I didn't read NSG's posts to any depth so yeah nancy can probably read her much better than I can

wrt my vote coming too late on volxen, it wasn't actually late and it wasn't an inevitable wagon. it was the moment we went from lynching sesq to me pushing the wagon somewhere else. yes I probably only convinced the worst to go there, but that caused the chain reaction that lead to volxen's lynch. I'll tell you to look at the momentum shift as soon as I voted there. the worst asked a question: who are we lynching, the guy who is the lead wagon or the townier guy who will look obvious later? I then ISO'd both and decided to go volxen. the momentum went from us lynching sesq to lynching volxen so yeah I dunked. I explained exactly why volxen was a wolf too. I wasn't the only or the first one to do it, but it was there.

but if you wanna lynch me mate, go ahead. I'm not really interested in winning these days anyway so I'm not gonna be typing a bunch of stuff just to defend myself. I can explain anything you find odd or whatever, but yeah none of your points are any good so I get to laugh my way to the mislynch.

"o now he is being a condescending dick! it's scummy!!"
In post 674, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 239, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: volxen
In post 345, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: sesq

Probably a decent vote tbh my tr on them kind of feels like it was probably an inaccurate shitread.
In post 408, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: volxen
i heard this is the new cool wagon to be on.
Does anyone know scum-Ausuka that much?

Would she be this sloppy with jumping from one wagon to the other without covering her steps with more detailed supporting explanations?

Elsewhere in her ISO, she has been very tidy: Ausuka has been meticulous presenting her revised global reads (frequently). But why does scum-Ausuka think she can freely hop on and off the Volxen/Sesq wagons without anyone calling her up on it on D2?
In post 675, Toranaga wrote:sometimes what looks like scum being opportunistic is scum being opportunistic
In post 676, Toranaga wrote:
In post 355, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 239, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: volxen
In post 345, Ausuka wrote:Hi duckling.

VOTE: sesq

Probably a decent vote tbh my tr on them kind of feels like it was probably an inaccurate shitread.
Joining around 4th/5th on both wagons without any explanation
here

sheep this god of mafia

dunn you're so good with this ausuka push

the fuck was I thinking misreading you as a wolf
In post 677, Toranaga wrote:
In post 351, Flicker wrote:Votecount 1.12

Sesq (5)
- Dunnstral , northsidegal , the worst , volxen , Ausuka
volxen (3)
- Reundo , Sesq , Keyser Söze
Toranaga (1)
- Irrelephant
Huntress (1)
- Kop

Not voting: Toranaga , Huntress

The deadline for Day 1 is 1:52 pm CT on Tuesday, September 4, in (expired on 2018-09-04 14:51:53).

Mod notes
  • - Just to be clear, post does not count as an unvote, due to broken formatting.
this is the vc right before I vote volxen btw

and notice where the fuck ausuka is, on sesq. and then dunn points at her late entering wagons without giving any explanation, I move the 4th to volxen when I could join ausuka in voting sesq, yes?

now figure out which one is scum brother
In post 678, Toranaga wrote:momentum was 100% sesq, right?

it went irrelephant votes me (?), then NSG, TW, volxen and ausuka all vote sesq

then obvioustown!tor, what does he do? he reads the wagon and points at the wolf volxen instead

do proper VCA man come on. titus would be pretty sad at how you're reading this as me being "too late" on volxen lmao.
In post 680, Toranaga wrote:like, I'm teaching you here, I'm not doing this to defend myself even

just doing it to show what things you're supposed to be looking at

you're scumreading me for nothing that makes anyone scum and then for wrong VCA that doesn't work. I promise you you're not catching wolves with the type of logic you're presenting here.
In post 681, Toranaga wrote:you know what

sure let's gamble

if ausuka flips green kill me tomorrow

I bet it doesn't
In post 685, Keyser Söze wrote:VOTE: Ausuka

Reason: “for being sloppy scum and shamefully jumping off her partner’s wagon to push a viable counter wagon, to then jump off that wagon, and return to her partner’s wagon in a desperate attempt at towncred/bussing.”

This vote feels dirty.
In post 686, Nauci wrote:No idea if this post will actually succeed

Having internet problems and even my Verizon 4G service is unstable and I'm getting insane packet loss

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ gief intarnats pls ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
In post 687, Toranaga wrote:
In post 682, Keyser Söze wrote:Yeah... but the Sesq case was bad... and was being trampled on at the time.
The Volxen slot was in very bad shape too.
sesq was very incoherent, I just figured that wasn't necessarily scummy and would be something he'd do as town or scum based off the way he was posting. the case against him would probably still resonate strongly I'm sure.

volxen slot was in bad shape cause he was being obv!scum but that takes a little reading into it, while sesq was flat out incoherent and you could just say "guy says a, b and c, all contradicting each other in 1 paragraph. that makes no sense and I hope it dies scum" and get away with it, you know? sesq case was alive and well when I joined volxen, otherwise we wouldn't have had 4 votes in sequence on sesq right before I voted volxen.

I think you're wanting me to be scum with this argument, would you agree?
In post 691, Ausuka wrote:Not gonna invest much time defending myself since I'm not enjoying this game at all. Tor doesn't do this as town, take up his offer and lynch him day 3. Make tw out his tell today, lynch him d4 if it's horrible, otherwise go Dunn I think.
In post 693, the worst wrote:it's kinda irksome that you assume I'm using a tell on you :(
In post 694, Ausuka wrote:
In post 624, the worst wrote:tell me what you think about Ausuka's reads and contribution in particular, something is pinging me really really badly and I'm curious if you see it as town/scum!Ausuka
In post 697, the worst wrote:
In post 623, the worst wrote:viewtopic.php?p=10402853#p10402853

read here to 111 tell me what you think :0

pedit: lmfao camaraderie is still too real
In post 624, the worst wrote:tell me what you think about Ausuka's reads and contribution in particular, something is pinging me really really badly and I'm curious if you see it as town/scum!Ausuka
in the context of?
oh not like a specific you-tell I actually need someone to read this and reality check me

northsidegal where art thou
In post 698, Ausuka wrote:Ok? You still need to talk about what it is you see there.
In post 699, Toranaga wrote:I'll let someone else do it cause it's a lot of long complicated posting that'd require too much from me lol

I just dropped by to say ausuka has literally dropped the 3 names pushing her the hardest as her top scumreads

it's OMGUSing so hard that it's probably the first time I use the term seriously

nsg is being a lil dodgy here imo
@tw & @nauci help me see town!nsg

Kinda feels like she darned her darnedest town meta D1 and is coasting
Last edited by Flicker on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:01 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

nooooo I hate when I do that
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:03 am

Post by the worst »

In post 815, Irrelephant11 wrote:-maybe

pedit: if you're caught up, Isurely you've seen Keyser and me casing Tora?
I mean volxy is inexperienced but my impressions of him are that he's actually pretty smart. I wouldn't expect smart inexperienced scum to have such bad associatives, no... I'd expect outright bad scum to fall for that kind of thing. :?

anyway I'm probably biased on this particular subject, like we're probably just not gonna see eye to eye on it but I think it's a pretty one dimensional take

@Reundo, given your confidence I probably owe Tora vs Ausuka a reread. I thought the way they approached each other felt pretty genuine once all the cards were on the table. they obviously haven't been townreading each other but it's felt to me more like jank reads than setting up mislynches :s
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:03 am

Post by the worst »

as for casing Tora, I see it and I get where you're coming from. I'll think on it a little later but I'm kinda distracted by Dunn and Nauci for now...
--
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:08 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

What the hell Irrelephant :lol: Do you have fat fingers? I accidently press the quote button too when I thumb down the page on my phone.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:10 am

Post by Ausuka »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Reundo
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:20 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

No I was working on a long post full of quotes
And in another tab I wrote a quick reply
I didn't think the quotes were going to show up in the quick reply :cry: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Return to “Completed Open Games”