Scumleague FF 2018 (First Game 9/6)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Wraith »

I'm in another situation where I seriously protest the 3WR No FLEX setup. I've somehow ended up with the reverse of my expectations and have a powerhouse trio of RBs but I'm unable to use them every week. This is a major handicap to my team.

EDIT:

My point being, if we had a 2/2/1 setup instead of a 3/2 setup I would have started Conner over Matthews and won this matchup hands-down.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 349, Rob14 wrote:Conner was good enough that I don't see Bell reporting before Week 10. He's not going to make significant ground in negotiations.
Kinda feel like its the other way around. If he's got nothing to gain by holding out he'll probably just report. Whereas if conner couldn't hack it he'd think eventually the steelers might cave. Idk just glad I was able to grab conner off waivers after having to miss the draft
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by mith »

In post 350, Wraith wrote:I'm in another situation where I seriously protest the 3WR No FLEX setup. I've somehow ended up with the reverse of my expectations and have a powerhouse trio of RBs but I'm unable to use them every week. This is a major handicap to my team.

EDIT:

My point being, if we had a 2/2/1 setup instead of a 3/2 setup I would have started Conner over Matthews and won this matchup hands-down.
And if I didn't have a toddler, maybe I would have been paying more attention and taken Conner first. Boo hoo. If we had a different roster, our teams would probably be totally different.

(Naturally, I have Bell in the Auction league, and once again am out a third of my budget. At least I didn't voodoo Rodgers yet again and he came back in the second half.)
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:53 am

Post by BROseidon »

Bell honestly needs to understand that he probably isn't worth as much as he thinks he is.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 352, mith wrote:
In post 350, Wraith wrote:I'm in another situation where I seriously protest the 3WR No FLEX setup. I've somehow ended up with the reverse of my expectations and have a powerhouse trio of RBs but I'm unable to use them every week. This is a major handicap to my team.

EDIT:

And if I didn't have a toddler, maybe I would have been paying more attention and taken Conner first. Boo hoo. If we had a different roster, our teams would probably be totally different.

(Naturally, I have Bell in the Auction league, and once again am out a third of my budget. At least I didn't voodoo Rodgers yet again and he came back in the second half.)
Missing someone on the waiver wire is nowhere near comparable to being mechanically unable to start what I long knew was my optimal lineup because we run an uncommon setup.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by PJ. »

It's not your optimal line up if it doesn't fit in your roster.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by mith »

In post 354, Wraith wrote:
In post 352, mith wrote:

EDIT:

Missing someone on the waiver wire is nowhere near comparable to being mechanically unable to start what I long knew was my optimal lineup because we run an uncommon setup.
It was your optimal lineup in a league with different settings from the league you are in. It was not your optimal lineup in this league. I mean, I would still have a problem with this argument if you hadn't added the "won this matchup hands-down" line, but come on, this is so whiny. Your third WR got 0 points in a 3WR league, and you left your highest scoring player on the bench. It happens.

(And to be clear, this is not me saying my team "deserved" to win or anything like that. It's Fantasy Football. By nature, it's hella random. It's just really weird to complain that you would have done better in a format we are not using, and did not draft for. There would have been different draft decisions in a different format, and if you drafted your team as if you were in a 2-2-1flex league, you made a huge mistake.)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by PJ. »

1. Why'd you play Rishard Matthew you dip shit?
2. Why'd you not start Conner over Howard when all the news on that game was how shitty the weather was going to be?
3. WHY DO YOU EVEN HAVE RISHARD MATTHEWS ON YOUR TEAM!?.
4. Line up didn't lose you the game, you did.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by Wraith »

Oh that's a fucking cop-out argument. I'm literally saying the setup itself is stupid and arbitrarily constrains everyone's options. It forces people to start clearly inferior players simply because it fixes the extra player as a WR rather than wild.
Show

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by PJ. »

I'd rather have PPR then a flex. Also I'd rather people actually play well and start good players instead of bitch about that they can't win because they don't have a flex(considering it was very easy to tell that Conner should of been in over Howard and you were starting a garbo 3rd wide out.).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by mith »

In post 358, Wraith wrote:Oh that's a fucking cop-out argument. I'm literally saying the setup itself is stupid and arbitrarily constrains everyone's options. It forces people to start clearly inferior players simply because it fixes the extra player as a WR rather than wild.
What you
were
literally saying was that you, personally, were handicapped and that you would have won the matchup hands-down if we had a different roster. That's like complaining that I'm not winning at poker because the table doesn't play with deuces wild.

Preferring the flex roster because you feel 3WR is an arbitrary restraint and less fun is a fine opinion. Other people in this league share that opinion, and we had a whole big discussion about it already in this thread. I happen to disagree, and this is the roster we have used for 15 years now, so at least it shouldn't be coming as a surprise to anyone. (Not that I am opposed to flex positions in general. The local league I ran for a while often had two, and the auction league here is 2-3-1. I don't like 2-2-1, though.)
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 351, Rhinox wrote:
In post 349, Rob14 wrote:Conner was good enough that I don't see Bell reporting before Week 10. He's not going to make significant ground in negotiations.
Kinda feel like its the other way around. If he's got nothing to gain by holding out he'll probably just report. Whereas if conner couldn't hack it he'd think eventually the steelers might cave. Idk just glad I was able to grab conner off waivers after having to miss the draft
He's maximizing value next year, not this year. He wants a long-term deal in Pittsburgh. Failing that, he wants to minimize his touches so he's fresh for his next team and can get more $$$.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Wraith, if we had a different setup, we all would have drafted differently and you'd have a different team. If you have a team that doesn't match the setup, it's because you made a mistake. You constructed the team knowing the setup.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Also, Agar, I'm one decent Amari Cooper game away from kicking your ass.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by PJ. »

it's not even a draft issue. It's a "I lucked out on Waiver Wire to get a Hold-outs back up and it's not fair I don't get to play him AND Jordan Howard" issue.

And it's like...welp...maybe you shouldn't start RISHARD FUCKING MATTHEWS
Last edited by PJ. on Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Yahoo standard is 2 RB/2WR/flex. I could understand him doing the mocks and thinking that we ran the same configuration.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Who is all on Wraiths team?

I think PPR and Flex are just both ways to make scores bigger and doesn't really add any degree of difficulty.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by BROseidon »

The point of PPR isn't to make it harder tho.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 363, Rob14 wrote:Also, Agar, I'm one decent Amari Cooper game away from kicking your ass.
Or Cooper could just spend the whole game jacking off in the corner and not catch a damn thing.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:00 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 368, Rob14 wrote:
In post 363, Rob14 wrote:Also, Agar, I'm one decent Amari Cooper game away from kicking your ass.
Or Cooper could just spend the whole game jacking off in the corner and not catch a damn thing.

woo scared carr and scared playcalling.

feelsgoodman.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 367, BROseidon wrote:The point of PPR isn't to make it harder tho.
how does it make it harder?

BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:13 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 369, pickemgenius wrote:
In post 368, Rob14 wrote:

woo scared carr and scared playcalling.

feelsgoodman.
Cooper and Nelson play solid games and Carr is like "what if I never look downfield"
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:14 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 370, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 367, BROseidon wrote:The point of PPR isn't to make it harder tho.
how does it make it harder?
This post is the most "missing the point" post I've ever seen. Literally:

Me: PPR isn't about making fantasy harder
You: Yeah but how does it make it harder???
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:14 am

Post by BROseidon »

Like the point of PPR is to make WRs feel less bad from a design perspective
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:37 am

Post by Rob14 »

And to provide more balance to RBs. Pass-catching RBs are suddenly fantasy-relevant.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”