Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 672, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 671, GuiltyLion wrote:also FA_Q2 still has yet to share a singular townread, hmm
Because I don't really have any.

My only real townread yesterday was A50.
Why were you town reading him?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:34 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 673, Thor665 wrote:
In post 664, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 615, Thor665 wrote:
In post 613, FA_Q2 wrote:I think thor's actions yesterday make him a prime candidate for the other mime.
Is there any reason for that outside of me scumreading a slot that was intentionally trying to be scumread and pointing it out?
If it's just 'Thor is on the wagon' yeah, I get the point, though singling me out seems awkward - but is there more to this case you're trying to sell here?
Because I don't think there is, and would challenge you to prove me wrong.
You were not simply on that wagon - it existed because of you. You were always willing to go back to it no matter what and constantly trying to get people to switch to lane who were on other wagons with the same reasoning that you applied to lane.

IOW, we had several posters that fit the same bill as lane as YOU were pointing out several times but you always preferred the lane wagon.
I am not disagreeing with any of this, nor is it what Rocky is advancing as his case.
Am I missing something? What does my statement in relation to rocky's case have to do with anything?
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:37 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 675, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 672, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 671, GuiltyLion wrote:also FA_Q2 still has yet to share a singular townread, hmm
Because I don't really have any.

My only real townread yesterday was A50.
Why were you town reading him?
He was actively and genuinely trying to figure the game out. Lots of content but nothing in there that struck me as scummy.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Seemed more like he was trying to gambit than anything.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie
Location: The Planet Transsexual, in the Galaxy of Transylvania

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 674, Thor665 wrote:
In post 661, RockyHorror wrote:It's quite laughable that Thor thinks he was
actually
trying to get people to switch to DT yesterday.
You literally quoted me asking you to switch to DT.
You asked me once on page 8. You were trying to get everyone else on lane for the rest of the day.

If you think you were pressuring or pushing DT in any seriousness for a majority of your play yesterday, I don't know what to tell you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 656, Fink wrote:So people who need to get shot sooner rather than later:
Nero, Aristo, Thor, Jingle, IV, Fink, FA_Q2, Eragon
It does seem likely that there is scum in this list
Is this post meant to be some kind of joke? This is most of the player list. Why are you on it? Why are Rocky and GL the only ones not on it?

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 679, RockyHorror wrote:
In post 674, Thor665 wrote:
In post 661, RockyHorror wrote:It's quite laughable that Thor thinks he was
actually
trying to get people to switch to DT yesterday.
You literally quoted me asking you to switch to DT.
You asked me once on page 8. You were trying to get everyone else on lane for the rest of the day.

If you think you were pressuring or pushing DT in any seriousness for a majority of your play yesterday, I don't know what to tell you.
Let's see, I attacked DT in;

Post 125
Post 173
Post 177
Post 181
Post 204 (where I bring DT up to you again as *you* keep discussing Lane to me)
Post 209
Post 244
Post 254 (though I'll agree it's a slant attack)
Post 276
Post 403 (it's Nero in the DT slot now)
In Post 467 some people make the Lane wagon viable and I move to Lane.

Now, I'm not going to say I wasn't pushing Lane.
But to act like I wasn't talking about the DT case and not trying to attack town reads on that slot and not asking for vote moves to it is a straight up lie.
Back up your lie with evidence please?
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:37 am

Post by Eragon »

im ready to just end the day i just lose interest when we have a set target and i dont really have the time to go for tangents.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

How about you state your top three scumreads and a sentence why you suspect each of them.
I don't think i could do that right now if someone offered me $1000 to describe your stances.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

prodge - will get to this tonight
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Fink »

In post 670, GuiltyLion wrote:*dual-ISOing Fink and FA_Q2*

404 interactions not found
Talk about empty shade
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Fink »

In post 658, GuiltyLion wrote:You've done none of the legwork to show why me being lazy = me being scum.
This is also a nice misrep of what I'm saying (echoing my disagreement with Jingle so it kind of reinforces) while putting the onus on me to prove something I'm not trying to prove.
In post 624, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 608, Fink wrote:Aside from the thing from yesterday, the fact that he thinks he'd be an NK target seems like a standard assumption that's easy to have as mafia.
uh, if I were scum you'd realize I'd have no need at all to post the fact that I thought I might die?
In post 658, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 644, Fink wrote:GL responds that he has no reason to say that as scum, which is just the most weak-ass response ever. And scum would never say they thought they'd be the NK? Really? Does anyone think that's a good response?
I'm not saying that scum would never say that. That's a misrep
So scum would have no need to say that, therefore GL must be town, but he's not saying scum would never say that, I'm misrepping him.

Lazy mafia, not lazy town.

Sadly, we can't accuse GL of being mafia unless we're willing to commit to pre-flip associations of his partner, because no one in this game could
possibly
be partners with GL...
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:35 am

Post by Fink »

In post 680, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 656, Fink wrote:So people who need to get shot sooner rather than later:
Nero, Aristo, Thor, Jingle, IV, Fink, FA_Q2, Eragon
It does seem likely that there is scum in this list
Is this post meant to be some kind of joke? This is most of the player list. Why are you on it? Why are Rocky and GL the only ones not on it?
:facepalm:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

:?

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Thor665 »

You're pointing out the point that Fink was making - that a net was being cast fairly ridiculously wide.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah, who was casting this ridiculously wide net?

Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by Fink »

Jingle. Are you just not reading longer posts?
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by Fink »

“Vote” Count

FA_Q2 (2?)
: Nero, GL?
GuiltyLion (2)
: Fink, FA_Q2
Rocky (2?)
: Thor, Aristo?
Thor (1)
: Rocky

Not even “vote”ing (3)
: Jingle, Eragon, IV

10 Alive, counted wrong last time
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by Fink »

By the way, Thor,
In post 659, Thor665 wrote:I didn't really want to say till he had a chance to respond to me calling it laughable - that he doubled down on it reads as scummy to me.

Basically his case is 'Thor is scum more than other people voting Lane because Thor tried to get me onto Lane"
Which is all well and good as a theory case - except, as I pointed out in my defense, i also tried to get him onto DT.
He then counters it by quoting me doing *exactly what I said I did* but then handwaves it by pointing out that in debating him I used Lane as my example as opposed to DT as my example which...somehow means really I was clever Lane Mime partner, mwah-haha...?
It's really bad and shows blindness/not actually caring.
I think he's probably some value of scum for that play.
Why is this Rocky laziness scummier than GL laziness? I think you're saying that it's manipulative and so more of a scum mindset, right? But why is GL not pinging you as manipulative?

Like you put GL on the level of IV and Eragon and I don't get it.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 691, Fink wrote:Jingle. Are you just not reading longer posts?
That can't be it, I owned up to it with a one liner.

This has been Jingle, reading along and seeing nothing worth calling out.
This is a Parachute.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 693, Fink wrote:By the way, Thor,
In post 659, Thor665 wrote:I didn't really want to say till he had a chance to respond to me calling it laughable - that he doubled down on it reads as scummy to me.

Basically his case is 'Thor is scum more than other people voting Lane because Thor tried to get me onto Lane"
Which is all well and good as a theory case - except, as I pointed out in my defense, i also tried to get him onto DT.
He then counters it by quoting me doing *exactly what I said I did* but then handwaves it by pointing out that in debating him I used Lane as my example as opposed to DT as my example which...somehow means really I was clever Lane Mime partner, mwah-haha...?
It's really bad and shows blindness/not actually caring.
I think he's probably some value of scum for that play.
Why is this Rocky laziness scummier than GL laziness? I think you're saying that it's manipulative and so more of a scum mindset, right? But why is GL not pinging you as manipulative?

Like you put
GL on the level of IV and Eragon
and I don't get it.
?.?

huh?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 693, Fink wrote:Why is this Rocky laziness scummier than GL laziness? I think you're saying that it's manipulative and so more of a scum mindset, right? But why is GL not pinging you as manipulative?
I would counter that question with one of my own - describe the GL goal if his current manipulations.
Therein lies my answer, I don't see a goal beyond being lazy, which makes the best case on him one I can apply to a lot of the game. Is there meat to it? Maybe, sure. Is it unique enough to stand out to me - not so much.
Also, Rocky is intentionally twisting actual provable facts - which always feels more like scum to me than someone just apparently signing up for a game they don't care about.
How is Rocky not pinging you?
In post 693, Fink wrote:Like you put GL on the level of IV and Eragon and I don't get it.
I at least think IV is town.
Eragon is assuredly being as lazy and useless as GL - he couldn't even handle a 'describe your top scumspects' question.
But then there's also posts like this;
In post 694, Jingle wrote:
In post 691, Fink wrote:Jingle. Are you just not reading longer posts?
That can't be it, I owned up to it with a one liner.

This has been Jingle, reading along and seeing nothing worth calling out.
Hey, look, you and Jingle just discovered that the DL/Nero (I'm combining them so Rocky might notice) isn't doing gak and is being scummy.
Wow.
Shock.

I wish I was a Dayvig with five shots right now - we might not win the game, but at least we could trim down to the people playing it.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Jingle »

I also wish we could somehow trim the playerlist by putting bullets into players who aren't obviously town. If only there was some way of doing that...

:roll:

And I agree that Nero isn't really doing anything. I disagree that that is inherently scummy. Hell, in this particular set of circumstances, it might not even be antitown.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm not sure why me missing/not understanding part of the game is causing such a big upset.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 697, Jingle wrote:I also wish we could somehow trim the playerlist by putting bullets into players who aren't obviously town. If only there was some way of doing that...

It's almost like my point was I wanted to do it faster than the slow grind we are getting to look forward to.
In post 697, Jingle wrote:And I agree that Nero isn't really doing anything. I disagree that that is inherently scummy. Hell, in this particular set of circumstances, it might not even be antitown.
If he didn't waste time by attacking Fink over it I could see your point.
But since he did...what are you smoking?
In post 698, Nero Cain wrote:I'm not sure why me missing/not understanding part of the game is causing such a big upset.
Yeah, you'd think they would have listened to me yesterday and saved time.
Maybe Rocky is right - I must have only had those thoughts in my head and am hallucinating them when I look at my posts :o

Return to “Completed Open Games”