Open 735: Watchmen Wanted - Game Over!

Irrelephant11
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #900  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:15 am

In post 206, Irrelephant11 wrote:Because NSG is hard townreading you and one of the following is true:
-She's town and probably correct
-She's scum and correct
-You're both scum <--- in this situation, I have no useful reads on any players, so I'm assuming it's not this


oh yeah this is why

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #901  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:16 am

I mean the thread is opened this whole time, they're not posting anything meaningful cause they don't care enough to do so but sure, I can wait, it's np

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #902  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:23 am

This is Volxen’s last post:
In post 508, volxen wrote:I don't really have any time to elaborate before the deadline, but I do think Reundo may possibly be scum. I really didn't like his entrance to the game and the way he attacked Keyser right off the bat, and I think the way he is playing this game is very opportunistic.

Volxen’s final attempt to create WIFOM over the Reundo slot by faking classic scum-distancing (?)

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #903  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:24 am

I'd rather not read into what a dead wolf says tbh

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #904  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:25 am

I mean it's one thing when he was alive

this is post hammer blablabla wolf, I'm not gonna bother trying to read into

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #905  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:27 am

I’ve formed good reads looking over dead-scum ISOs (associations).

60% of the time, it works everytime.

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #906  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:29 am

In post 823, Ausuka wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Reundo

Talk me though how/why/when Reundo bussed Volxen on D1.
Paint me the narrative for me to believe it.

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #907  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:30 am

Through*

Flicker
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Pronoun: She

Post Post #908  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:30 am

Votecount 2.10

Dunnstral (3) - northsidegal , Irrelephant11 , Keyser Söze
Ausuka (2) - Dunnstral , Toranaga
Reundo (1) - Ausuka
Toranaga (1) - Reundo
Keyser Söze (1) - Nauci

Not voting: Eragon, the worst

The deadline for Day 2 is 2:17 pm CT on Thursday, September 20, in (expired on 2018-09-20 15:17:24).

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #909  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:04 am

In post 905, Keyser Söze wrote:I’ve formed good reads looking over dead-scum ISOs (associations).

60% of the time, it works everytime.

I mean he was dead when he made that post

I phrased it poorly

Irrelephant11
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #910  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:52 pm

@ Reundo/Nauci/Eragon/the worst

You should put your votes on one of the two leading wagons or NSG
Especially Eragon/the worst should

Ausuka
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 22, 2017
Location: uk (GMT)
Pronoun: She

Post Post #911  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:46 pm

In post 906, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 823, Ausuka wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Reundo

Talk me though how/why/when Reundo bussed Volxen on D1.
Paint me the narrative for me to believe it.

not voting him because I think his interactions are bussy but i can just make something up as i go along if you want

reundo faked a fos on his partner because this is 2018 and that's what scum do -> reundo got wagoned and starting applying pressure to volxen -> bussing volxen became the core part of his identity itg -> he keeps pushing volxen -> reaps towncred -> watches town destroy itself while chaining lynches

Ausuka
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 22, 2017
Location: uk (GMT)
Pronoun: She

Post Post #912  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:11 pm

i told myself i was going to stop posting content itt because i'm having no fun but i can't stay away because i have a mafia addiction probably. still not really going to bother defending myself, sorry

don't think chainlynching popular suspects is going to get town anywhere. i don't think anything indicates scum are feeling pressure; feels like slots commonly seen as town are mostly sitting back and watching suspects go at it, while not actually committing to townreads on any of the suspected players. like, aside from tw to toranga who really tr's any of {ausuka, dunn, toranga} on a substantial level? because as far as i see it's nothing and scum don't really look uncomfortable.

also Reundo had a towny day 1 yeah but he's like totally been scumming it up d2.

first is his keyser push which is like a possible motive of the huntress kill other than keyser!scum I think? but that's minor, more importantly he just up and forgets about this push because nobody was biting? and like his decision to chainlynch me and toranga doesn't make much sense i think. the voteflopping / "opportunism" thing has literally been done to death and is boring while the "organic" thing makes like very little sense; he can feel free to elaborate on it if he wants but I feel like I didn't detail progression on volxen itt so I don't see how it can really be read as inorganic. the fos on toranga I kind of just don't understand at all. and I don't get how he can literally just push a chainlynch while seemingly not really caring about anything either of us posts; like, he has other SRs, he has 4 FOS's with 2 scum alive, you would think that he would do something other than "let's just chainlynch these two players who were the weakest of my 4 FOSs" tbh.

nsg kind of had some poor associatives w/ volxen I think. nauci is possible scum I guess. eragon's hard to tell because I think he's forcing his reads here as either alignment. still need to consider tor/tw/dunn I guess but again doesn't really feel like mafia are threatened in this gamestate

Irrelephant11
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #913  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:25 pm

In post 912, Ausuka wrote:scum don't really look uncomfortable.


I mean you look uncomfortable, js

Ausuka
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 22, 2017
Location: uk (GMT)
Pronoun: She

Post Post #914  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:26 pm

everything I say is from my perspective and my perspective only ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dunnstral
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: April 02, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #915  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:32 pm

UNVOTE: ausuka

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #916  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:18 pm

Making progress

and not changing my vote; actually if anything I feel worse about Keyser at this point

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #917  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:55 pm

Spoiler: word vomit of reactions and feelings from reading the first 200 posts
-GameNBurger’s math posts are funny. This setup is very obvious: claim if you’ve seen something, or don’t claim otherwise because dying w/ no results is mostly meaningless because someone else takes over, ya? And not seeing anyone not visit doesn’t green check? And there’s no reason to ever hold on to a red check because someone else takes over when the watcher is shot.

-NSG’s 27 is awesome. I’ve never even thought of it like that: questioning someone’s townread on me for bad premises seemed natural but yeah, it totally is counter productive unless it’s because it’s scum-motivated, like if TW town reads me from now on so as not to instigate the wrath I’m apparently capable of with 1600 word posts dunking on him

-Something about Keyser’s page 1/2 posts feel like they come from a scum-making-town-sounding-posts POV… Like Keyser is perfectly capable of asking poignant questions that sound productive early in day 1. The lurker question is a classic topic to look productive without being necessarily productive, and is a topic that can often drag the game into a quagmire of debate that demotivates town

-I had the same reaction as Irrelephant’s 41 mao

-Keyser’s 42 seems very paranoid. I thought it was clear that Irrelephant asked because Keyser’s initial reaction to Sesq’s post was interpreting a lot that the rest of us may not have inferred, and therefore implied Keyser knew sesq better than we did from experience. All of his posts thus far feel like they come from a non-cohesive mindset, versus lacking information and trying to make reads. 51 makes it worse.

-I don’t really understand my predecessor’s posts in both sentiment and syntax

-Don’t agree with Reundo’s 46 but town lean for it

-god it’s hard to keep track of who’s who with multi replace slots

-Keyser you better get better like you promised because I’m at 102 and just keep feeling worse about your thought process; IIRC your town game with us was productive when scum read, not so defensive. Before anyone criticizes me for scum reading the content of those posts: I’m not. It’s a combination of tone and progression and pace that makes me feel very uncomfortable about what POV could generate that

-Rreundo’s 103 is good, in both content and the motivations I glean from it

-I’ll probably end up going into detail about my thoughts on Keyser at some point post catch up

-volxen 104 felt more posturing than genuine, like out of all of the content thus far that’s the only genuine sounding commentary they could squeeze out

-irrelephant it feels like you’re more aggressive this game :o I don’t know what it means yet but I’m curious how you play in a game I wasn’t in

-I feel like gamenburger meant to say “this is never scum” or something in 108? I thought he was saying that he was town read a lot for his high effort play style, but then he says he did it and people said “this is never town” as if he’s scum for it? But then he criticizes it by saying scum on this site tend to be lazy and therefore scum can coast with high effort IIOA, so he told everyone to not town read him for effort? That had to be have been a typo, right? I agree with the sentiment though and it’s why I run around joining games with Irrelephant just to tell everyone not to town read him for just high effort posting. Has only really post his philosophy of town play/scum hunting though, and nothing alignment indicative

-I have surprisingly little grasp of Ausuka’s tone and thought process after reading 111 what the hell; my only reaction is maybe a wiff of ausuka/keyser association

-can everyone just stop misspelling laissez faire just as a favor to me pretty please tia

-unless it’s a brazen gamble I don’t think Keyser and ausuka are scum together? But I don’t know Keyser’s scum range. Must investigate

-lock towning on Reundo after 119; explain in reads list later maybe

-121 Keyser what? It makes perfect sense that Dunn would address every instance he’s been mentioned thus far before posting his current scum read

-volxen’s 123 has somehow made me feel really bad about him but also Keyser. I hope they’re scum buddies and this is 2 birds 1 stone!

-126 is weird; I would have thought Keyser is far too experienced to think there’s no point to baiting empty vote reactions as if they’re not alignment indicative

-134 disagree with Keyser here. Irrelephant’s posts name dropping Dunn were all “waiting for Dunn to post” which isn’t really content that can be engaged directly

-148 from volxen is so strange; why this focus on Keyser not in a way that sorts the people reading Keyser but rather undermines scum reads on Keyser? Like, I defend people I think are town all the time and even in similar ways, but not until I actually think they’re definitely town which I didn’t think had happened

-150 reundo wagon makes me very uncomfortable

-Toranga’s posts seem towny, even if I disagree a lot I can see why he would react the way he did if he’s town

-170 I was worried about nsg for a spell but I think this is, in fact, townsg

-don’t have any read on Kop at all

-I’ve got very little read on e but the nonchalant apathy feels non-scum, maybe even tpr

northsidegal
Best Mechanical Play/Excellent Moderation/Best Setup
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #918  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:12 pm

In post 891, Toranaga wrote:I just read her case and looks pretty empty

it wasn't meant to be a "case" in the first place (moreso just trying to explain where i was coming from), but even then; empty how? why don't you elaborate for me?

In post 897, Keyser Söze wrote:@Irrelephant - if me and you are the loud townies who are pushing the Dunnstral “misslynch”.... who are the scum opportunistically hopping on to our misguided suspicion?
In post 898, Toranaga wrote:ausuka and nsg lel

I know it wasn't to me that you asked but

toranaga knows

i'm "hopping on" to your misguided suspicion when my vote is the first on the wagon...?
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart

northsidegal
Best Mechanical Play/Excellent Moderation/Best Setup
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #919  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:29 pm

for the record i'm still pretty null on nauci
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart

Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #920  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:02 pm

In post 910, Irrelephant11 wrote:@ Reundo/Nauci/Eragon/the worst

You should put your votes on one of the two leading wagons or NSG
Especially Eragon/the worst should


VOTE: Ausuka

ill probably maybe do stuff tommorow but from what i've actually read of the thread i feel the most confident in this

Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #921  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:03 pm

Also @Nauci what do you mean by "very little read on e?"

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond

Post Post #922  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:19 pm

In post 919, northsidegal wrote:for the record i'm still pretty null on nauci

Nauci is in this game?

I'm fully not joking when I say I'm pretty sure this is how the Nauci I know would play scum :lol:

and I'm not gaslighting
and I'm not poking her into vomiting content
I'm just nervous

Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #923  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:26 pm

In post 922, the worst wrote:
In post 919, northsidegal wrote:for the record i'm still pretty null on nauci

Nauci is in this game?

I'm fully not joking when I say I'm pretty sure this is how the Nauci I know would play scum :lol:

and I'm not gaslighting
and I'm not poking her into vomiting content
I'm just nervous


In post 917, Nauci wrote:
Spoiler: word vomit of reactions and feelings from reading the first 200 posts
-GameNBurger’s math posts are funny. This setup is very obvious: claim if you’ve seen something, or don’t claim otherwise because dying w/ no results is mostly meaningless because someone else takes over, ya? And not seeing anyone not visit doesn’t green check? And there’s no reason to ever hold on to a red check because someone else takes over when the watcher is shot.

-NSG’s 27 is awesome. I’ve never even thought of it like that: questioning someone’s townread on me for bad premises seemed natural but yeah, it totally is counter productive unless it’s because it’s scum-motivated, like if TW town reads me from now on so as not to instigate the wrath I’m apparently capable of with 1600 word posts dunking on him

-Something about Keyser’s page 1/2 posts feel like they come from a scum-making-town-sounding-posts POV… Like Keyser is perfectly capable of asking poignant questions that sound productive early in day 1. The lurker question is a classic topic to look productive without being necessarily productive, and is a topic that can often drag the game into a quagmire of debate that demotivates town

-I had the same reaction as Irrelephant’s 41 mao

-Keyser’s 42 seems very paranoid. I thought it was clear that Irrelephant asked because Keyser’s initial reaction to Sesq’s post was interpreting a lot that the rest of us may not have inferred, and therefore implied Keyser knew sesq better than we did from experience. All of his posts thus far feel like they come from a non-cohesive mindset, versus lacking information and trying to make reads. 51 makes it worse.

-I don’t really understand my predecessor’s posts in both sentiment and syntax

-Don’t agree with Reundo’s 46 but town lean for it

-god it’s hard to keep track of who’s who with multi replace slots

-Keyser you better get better like you promised because I’m at 102 and just keep feeling worse about your thought process; IIRC your town game with us was productive when scum read, not so defensive. Before anyone criticizes me for scum reading the content of those posts: I’m not. It’s a combination of tone and progression and pace that makes me feel very uncomfortable about what POV could generate that

-Rreundo’s 103 is good, in both content and the motivations I glean from it

-I’ll probably end up going into detail about my thoughts on Keyser at some point post catch up

-volxen 104 felt more posturing than genuine, like out of all of the content thus far that’s the only genuine sounding commentary they could squeeze out

-irrelephant it feels like you’re more aggressive this game :o I don’t know what it means yet but I’m curious how you play in a game I wasn’t in

-I feel like gamenburger meant to say “this is never scum” or something in 108? I thought he was saying that he was town read a lot for his high effort play style, but then he says he did it and people said “this is never town” as if he’s scum for it? But then he criticizes it by saying scum on this site tend to be lazy and therefore scum can coast with high effort IIOA, so he told everyone to not town read him for effort? That had to be have been a typo, right? I agree with the sentiment though and it’s why I run around joining games with Irrelephant just to tell everyone not to town read him for just high effort posting. Has only really post his philosophy of town play/scum hunting though, and nothing alignment indicative

-I have surprisingly little grasp of Ausuka’s tone and thought process after reading 111 what the hell; my only reaction is maybe a wiff of ausuka/keyser association

-can everyone just stop misspelling laissez faire just as a favor to me pretty please tia

-unless it’s a brazen gamble I don’t think Keyser and ausuka are scum together? But I don’t know Keyser’s scum range. Must investigate

-lock towning on Reundo after 119; explain in reads list later maybe

-121 Keyser what? It makes perfect sense that Dunn would address every instance he’s been mentioned thus far before posting his current scum read

-volxen’s 123 has somehow made me feel really bad about him but also Keyser. I hope they’re scum buddies and this is 2 birds 1 stone!

-126 is weird; I would have thought Keyser is far too experienced to think there’s no point to baiting empty vote reactions as if they’re not alignment indicative

-134 disagree with Keyser here. Irrelephant’s posts name dropping Dunn were all “waiting for Dunn to post” which isn’t really content that can be engaged directly

-148 from volxen is so strange; why this focus on Keyser not in a way that sorts the people reading Keyser but rather undermines scum reads on Keyser? Like, I defend people I think are town all the time and even in similar ways, but not until I actually think they’re definitely town which I didn’t think had happened

-150 reundo wagon makes me very uncomfortable

-Toranga’s posts seem towny, even if I disagree a lot I can see why he would react the way he did if he’s town

-170 I was worried about nsg for a spell but I think this is, in fact, townsg

-don’t have any read on Kop at all

-I’ve got very little read on e but the nonchalant apathy feels non-scum, maybe even tpr


Image

Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #924  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:28 pm

In post 725, Nauci wrote:Not even remotely caught up (I'm at like post 52) but VOTE: Keyser Söze until I'm done because like dayum

In post 916, Nauci wrote:Making progress

and not changing my vote; actually if anything I feel worse about Keyser at this point


why do you think keyser is scum?

is it the posts you pointed out in your wall or is it something else?

if its something else, what is it?

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Open Games