League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:36 am

Post by PJ. »

Kindred was *already* good again.

I think she even took a tiny nerf cause too good. That or Graves just stole her niche
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Psyche »

So, Nunu's ganking and earlygame in general is pretty good, especially with predator, but I've had trouble capitalizing on situations where I'm fed early. The tank build doesn't have enough damage to kill enemies that aren't squishy (unlike most tanks he has no % HP damage), and the AP build is not bulky enough to prevent dying. Maybe it's just a gap in my understanding of how tanks should be played, but it's the trouble I'm working through.
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by Psyche »

lately i disfavor predator; it certainly improves the reliability of his ganking but he might want resolve's tankiness more; aftershock synergizes really well with his kit in general
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by Psyche »

now that i think of it, though, the only abilities that trigger aftershock are nunu's snowball and the last part of his E

still i think i like going aftershock and building cinderhulk/boots/liandries early

also, there's a neat cheese play i've been trying to test out
when your blue is topside and thus so is the enemy raptors, it seems possible to start blue and immediately begin in the river to hit the enemy's raptors and start the camp; if you use nunu's passive-empowered autoattacks and then Q *after* it runs out, the whole camp should be dead - all in a span of 3 seconds. You can then proceed to take scuttler - and smite will be up for that, too!

also nunu can solo drag as early as level 3 (two points in Q, one in E) with only the starter jg items
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by Mina »

I've been starting to get into this game again, so if your idea of fun is teaming up with someone who struggles to get a positive KDA in an all-beginner bot game, you can add grendelwight!
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Katsuki »

playing with mina seems like itd be a hilarious experience
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:36 pm

Post by Draynth »

God damn why don't more people play Nami

I went 6/2/59 over 3 games with her to skip plat 2 and get back up to plat 1
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:40 pm

Post by PJ. »

I never understand why she isn't meta because she's insanely annoying to deal with.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:57 am

Post by Lycanfire »

People max out heal then do something stupid like put points in E so they can proceed to do nothing besides ult with a minimum 15s bubble. It shouldn't take any longer than level 10 to max bubble. Stats say Nami players across the board tank their winrate midgame, and it only gets worse the later it goes, probably because they never bubble and therefore can't land them lategame either.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:19 pm

Post by Draynth »

I'll max E second if I've rushed ardent for a kai'sa, tristana or something. It provides a lot more utility and ability to proc ardent very often than you'd expect.
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:49 am

Post by Papa Zito »

E is great if you trust your lane partner. An on-demand red buff is nothing to sneeze at, particularly early.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:55 am

Post by Draynth »

I agree

Although trusting my lane partner in diamond 5/4 can be stressful at the best of times...

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:57 am

Post by Papa Zito »

It's definitely better if you're duoing with someone you're familiar with :) If I'm soloing I'll definitely max W every time because I
don't
trust the guy I'm paired with.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:00 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 3961, Draynth wrote:diamond 5/4
lmao low elo scrub :cool:
To be clear: quack
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:04 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 3962, Papa Zito wrote:It's definitely better if you're duoing with someone you're familiar with :) If I'm soloing I'll definitely max W every time because I
don't
trust the guy I'm paired with.
To clarify, I always max W first.
I think maxing E before W is a mistake even if you're confident in your adc
But yeah I should probably find someone to duo with.
I mostly just want to get diamond again before the season ends though so I dunno if it's worth the hassle, I never really play ranked after d5
Last edited by Draynth on Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:06 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 3963, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 3961, Draynth wrote:diamond 5/4
lmao low elo scrub :cool:
I'm sorry sir :(

Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:27 am

Post by Lycanfire »

W into E was something I used to do. It got me a nice KDA. I would win lane. I would never play Nami unless my ADC was Lucian for the double E hits / to totally shit on the enemy team.

If all you have is an ult and some dubious buffs for your team, you're really lacking in agency to impact the game. Sure you can throw down crucible or something, but you could do that as any other hero. I'd find myself making really poor ults and that'd be it for the fight.

I've noticed a much better midgame with a decreased Q CD. Your laning should be strong enough with 2-3 points into heal. E doesn't really do anything in the grand scheme, unless your ADC is some god that can't be touched to begin with. Yeah, you could just be good at landing the one bubble you get in a fight, but not everyone is on the level SSB Heart was, and if you get two you can really ruin somebodies' day.

I feel the same way about Braum. There's not much for you to do on your own: either your ADC is a god and you never leave them, or they aren't and you suddenly have to decide whether you're better somewhere else. Falling behind on Braum feels like shit. Again, this is a hero I would only play with Lucian, to doubleshot Braum's stun passive.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:59 am

Post by Psyche »

hit the level 7 with nunuu
i was 6 w/ no shards before the rework though
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:43 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Psyche, not sure about your depth of interest in sports psychology but A professional in the field has a youtube channel that dates back years with lots of videos. In case you're interested.
don't you feel silly now?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Psyche »

its something im gradually dipping into

anyway my team was destroyed by an ap malphite jungle yesterday and it was a sight to watch

also - i've been playing braum lately and i've been surprised by how satisfying and effective his kit feels
it's like he's a more interesting (maybe easier?) janna - you're mainly peeling for teammates, but it's a way more involved experience. And you have many great tools for playing aggressively, too!
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Draynth »

I only learned today, having played Braum since he came out, that you can use his w on yourself if you need the stat bonus in a clutch situation

The more you know...

Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

alright guys imma try asking for advice here cause i suck

i recently got back into playing ranked and I've climbed up to bronze i over the past like 2 days

ive hit a bottle neck, and this time its not because i run into any particular champ or anything

but my teams consistently do not seem to understand the concept of taking objectives (not just drags, literally like towers)

I like to split to win with champs like trynd, yorick, jax, etc, but lately I can't split because I lack pressure in any other lane so I just get collapsed on and end up feeding.

When I pick champs for the teamfight since splitting is seeming like less and less of an option, my team will win a fight and then go off into different lanes and accomplish nothing

I plead and plead but they never seem to want to group mid and push. This has happened repeatedly and I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions for any lanes that might have more influence over objectives, because im at a loss and its v frustrating
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by PJ. »

I think just do it all. Jungler doesn't get rift? Kill your guy and get rift yourself. No one wants to push after a fight? Hope you brought a tiamat.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Here are some tips for splitpushing:

Understand when your team is putting up pressure, and when they're not. If your team isn't doing anything, the other team is likely coming for you
Watch the map, if a lot of people are unaccounted for then don't split push unless your team has pressure elsewhere (it's ok if the enemy team kills you, as long as your team gets something for it)
Don't push up if you don't have pressure in other lanes - watch your own team on the map as well - at the very least this will keep you from feeding
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by PJ. »

But honestly, I definitely feel the game has gotten harder to win. Every game is a drag race now that's over in 22 minutes. I have the experience of being an 0/1/1 guy or a 1/1/1 guy in a game that's like 2 to 10 at 12 minutes a lot and I'm not really sure how to remedy the situation

Return to “The Arcade”