Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 997, Toranaga wrote:man irrelephant iirc cased the fuck out of volxen d1

it just feels not svs
Hmm.

Actually thank you for pointing this out; most of my feelings on irrelephant were based on his interactions with keyser and largely near deadline. I didn't realize how early he pushed volxen fairly hard for that reads list post, and this changes my view significantly.

I'll finish catch up and rethink things. I mean, I've had an overwhelming scum case for people before and been dead wrong (mathblade in team mafia tiebreaker, blackvoid in american presidents), etc., so I'll be doing a lot of keyser meta diving before I really push there, but I wasn't at all familiar with BV's range tbh.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Nauci »

Partial completion of my 600+ catch up also makes me doubt my irrelephant read so I'll have to rethink who's the 3rd scum (plenty of room for it to be dunn or tw but those require more research)
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:05 pm

Post by Nauci »

Toranga what did mean
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:10 pm

Post by Nauci »

It's entirely dependent on the game and context, but I find that townrrelephant is more casual, more "adhd" and likely to jump around, empty vote, provoke reactions, test stuff, make more scummy posts in service of those goals, and just generally spend a lot of time being paranoid. I tend to come to totally different reads from townrrelephant.

Scumrrelephant was more opportunistic about scum reads, fishes out possible mislynch pursuits in question form (instead of scumreading outright, he'll ask "what do you think about <player>'s <action>?" or "hmmm <posts> could be scummy" or "this pinged me" and only go into it when he has the temperature of the room. He's meticulous about having a towny post style (and since this didn't apply before he ever knew I'd be in the game to undermine it, it's making me worry less about him).
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 657, Irrelephant11 wrote:My last thought (about Toranaga) got me thinking about how the wagon on volxen happened and I went back and found this
In post 399, the worst wrote:hot take: we need to hammer Sesq who will do nothing to defend themselves or flashwagon volxen who is one rung townier and will become extremely obvious later if scum

:]
Which, given scum don't have day chat, is VERY INTERESTING.
If volxen "will become extremely obvious later if scum", why be concerned about lynching him now? (wagon movement was still more toward sesq, who tw says here is scummier)
Unless
he's trying to hint to his scum buddy that it's time to bus

Toranaga immediately followed it up with the move to vote volxen, which tw followed. Tor has tried to claim towncred for them both this game day, and has since lampshaded "inb4 partners" which, admittedly, would be bold, but would also make anyone who called them partners look a little silly

Any thoughts on this? tw has come across as feeling v towny in tone but I can't get over the combo of
-GNB's weirdness
-volxen's long, drawn out nullread of the slot
-tw's TMI of the lynch

And then Toranaga
-Has directed attention off-wagon without reasoning
-Has lots of interactions with tw that are really very friendly and (significantly) once tw joined the game Tor was much more interested in playing

Tor was also pretty scummy last game day imo (see: Keyser's case, which was mostly ignored?)

Thoughts anyone? They happen to both be independently possible scum but ISO the two of them + GNB and see if you see what I see

For now I'll start with VOTE: Toranaga

pedit: hi sorry :lol:
this is townrrelephant–final answer
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:16 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 665, Toranaga wrote:-Has lots of interactions with tw that are really very friendly and (significantly) once tw joined the game Tor was much more interested in playing

I like how enjoying to play with certain people is scummy to you irrelephant :P
hahahahhaahhahaa

See all of irrelephant and I's interactions in american presidents or mini normal 2024 or here for why I'm giggling
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:18 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1002, Nauci wrote:Toranga what did mean
I'm saying I might be scum but dunn is certainly town there

I shitposted a fair amount in this game
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Post by Nauci »

Hmm I have very little read on Dunn

Are and your only reasons for that town read
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:32 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I townread dunn strongly cause I felt he was catching scum!ausuka d1 before it was cool

it's kind of a conditional read

the other reasons were those, yeah. there are reasons to scumread the slot too, I get it.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:41 pm

Post by Nauci »

Subject: Mini Normal 2024 - Endgame
Toranaga wrote:yeah I checked NSG's ISO before replacing in and, never seeing her scum game before but also never seeing her lurk this hard as town I was guessing this would be a red role PM. turns out I'm town which works great for me cause wolfing is... painful

I'm going out in a bit so I can't read the thread rn
Toranaga wrote:
In post 1083, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Creature, where did DDL go from your scum reads?

Toranaga, you replaced into a slot, thinking it would be a scum slot, even though you dislike playing scum?
yeah I enjoy the challenge of subbing in late regardless, I just thought this had a >rand chance of landing on scum
Toranaga wrote:IDK anything and I'm just suggesting but that drdolittle ISO is an absolute garbage fire and deserves death
Lmao the amount of lamp shading and WIFOM bait is hilarious. (DDL was the 3rd scum that game) Toranga you put up a hell of a scum game; not sure if anyone but Krazy would have caught you that game

Toranga is capable of not just bussing but casing his teammates and I have no doubt that he can plan to confidently claim town credit for doing so and rescind my town lean
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:50 pm

Post by Toranaga »

there's a recent even better one

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=76985

same position of subbing into lolscum slot and trying to play it out.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:50 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I may play well as scum but I lose a whole lot
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:52 pm

Post by Toranaga »

just bumped that game accidentally lol

anyway yeah, IDK how you can townread me if you also read those games but I'm town this time I swear to baby jesus
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 pm

Post by Nauci »

lol toranga please don't take this the wrong way but I have a feeling that you're a fully capable scum who gets lynched just because your overall tone tends to be easy to push lynches on a subconscious level versus clear actions and signs :o
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:19 pm

Post by Toranaga »

you're not wrong
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Post by Nauci »

Spoiler: mad ramblings on 600-799
- dw ducky; boutta become Florence to scum’s South Carolina

- while I find the observation/post towny, I soft disagree

- looks towny

- I think town nsg frequently jumps onto wagons to add pressure tbh, and then takes the reaction data to make sharp observations later on. I tend to give nsg space earlier on because her reads become more confident and sharp later into the game. But the observations she’s done already are out of her scum range IMO. I’ve seen her lurk through multiple scum games and replace out of others but never fake substantive observations (except maybe the time Math wrote ones for her to post lol)

- is good; I think I gave ausuka way too much town credit for the timing of her vote on volxen. At the same time, specifically because I have sesq’s role pm, makes her town even though I can understand the suspicion from other slots

- oh dear. Scum Worst loooooves to make vague “this pings me” posts and make up the basis for them later; it’s like a Rorschach test he administers to actual town in the game lol

- glad ausuka doesn’t respond to the duckster Rorschach (at least not yet)

- keyser this wasn’t a super scummy post until you started confidently assigning motivations to volxen’s posts

- I like this ausuka post but almost entirely because of the “pooped up” typo ㋡

- okay this post is actually pretty townrrelephant; after our newbie game I would be shocked if irrelephant ever failed to take into account scum having day chat or not and factoring two much scum and coordinate here. Following up on a previous read because of this though is a very in depth read that I think only a townrrelephant very eager to solve the game makes.

- lol Tw/keyser is my pet theory if it’s not irrelephant lol so :popcorn: let’s see where this goes

- tw I’ve seen you make this post as scum like twice lmao

- this is townrrelephant, final answer

Probably wrong, but 100% a townrrelephant thought process to go this deep into almost tin foil hat territory but in a thoroughly explored thought process of someone very determined to figure out the game

- keyser why does that “townie who towned in Townville” bit sound so… condescending? THat’s not the right word hmmm. It’s almost… resentful? Bitter? But only slightly.

- toranga I thought it was super obvious that ausuka was voting volxen after a particularly scummy post from him or case on him, but I honestly didn’t see reason for sesq except that she maybe just wanted to add momentum to the wagon to sort him. I think the combination of the 2 switches isn’t as telling as you think but it’s not totally meritless.

- ooooooo ausuka’s reaction to the scum reads isn’t doing her favors

-// are town. Ausuka is going in the town bucket 100%. Explain later

-all of the rest of these posts look like townspew too. Also evasive is like the most perfect word for scum worst’s style wow

- NSG the worst does all kind of shenanigans interactions with his partners totally publicly. Agreed on wrt scum theatre though. Also on the misery wrt Kop

- this can be town worst probably. Scum worst knows waaaay better than to provoke my wrath by posting about worrying if I’m scum, and probably wouldn’t have decided this is town ausuka

- not if there are multiple really towny players because it becomes better to gamble on the 1/3 chance of being seen than leaving all 3 power players in the game (3 being an arbitrary number selected for illustration purposes)

- toranga stop flipping around on Dunn dangit. It’s never done for a very good reason either; more because of what other people say

- irrelephant this shit is why I love playing w/ you

Mmk it's 3 AM so I'mma stop now but here's my preliminary listicle:

Town bucket:

reundo
nsg

irrelephant
ausuka

Lynch candidates:

Eragon (lurked all of d2; more research needed)
the worst (could swing either way; every other post pings me as towny or scummy)
toranga
(nothing I previously townread for is out of toranga's scum range. More research needed)
dunnstral
(come play with us I don't even have anythihng to read you on)
keyser
(I'm going to need several hours of free time to get this case ready; don't want to screw it up like I did BV)
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:22 pm

Post by Toranaga »

nooooooooooooooooooo
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:25 pm

Post by Toranaga »

in b4 all 5 of your lynch candidates are town and it's just ausuka and NSG
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:26 pm

Post by Nauci »

rofl my notes were written chronologically while I read the thread but I was skipping randomly to respond in real time so my read on toranga and some others will make no sense after my previous posts hahahahaha

deal with it I'm tired t(-.-t)
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:31 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1017, Toranaga wrote:in b4 all 5 of your lynch candidates are town and it's just ausuka and NSG
I've been wrong about my scum reads (but also dunked lots of scum), but I've never been wrong about my strong townreads to my knowledge.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 pm

Post by Nauci »

are you happy now ducky

I think I dropped like 3k words just for the rough and terse catch up notes
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:37 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1019, Nauci wrote:
In post 1017, Toranaga wrote:in b4 all 5 of your lynch candidates are town and it's just ausuka and NSG
I've been wrong about my scum reads (but also dunked lots of scum), but I've never been wrong about my strong townreads to my knowledge.
sounds like a noob
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:08 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1020, Nauci wrote:are you happy now ducky
my thumb is like mostly up but it's pointing forwards not at the sky

I owe you a "get drunk and Naucilens the thread" sesh to see if I can like occupy your brain for a bit but I'm defs inclined to not lynch you rn
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:29 am

Post by Toranaga »

really man? nauci is like ~always town
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:30 am

Post by Toranaga »

it's funny nsg gets so townread for doing basically nothing when nauci has so many very deep thoughts and towny attitude all game and you guys don't see it as obvtowning

shrug

Return to “Completed Open Games”