- northsidegal , Ausuka
Ausuka (2)
- Eragon , Reundo
northsidegal (1)
- Toranaga
Keyser Söze (1)
- Nauci

Not voting: Dunnstral , Irrelephant11 , the worst , Keyser Söze

The deadline for Day 2 is 2:17 pm CT on Thursday, September 20, in (expired on 2018-09-20 15:17:24).
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Eragon »

yw for helping with the pagetop :3
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 938, Eragon wrote:
TOWN CORE

-Nauci
-Toranaga
-Eragon
-the worst
-Irrelephant11

Town based on what other people said

-Reundo

PoE Bracket

-northsidegal
-Ausuka
-Keyser Söze
-Dunnstral

Probably the town

-dunnstral

probably the scum
(yes i know theres three of them but i could see them all flipping scum, but i know one of them wont, i just dont know which)
-keyser soze
-NSG
-ausuka
New and improved with pretty colors too :3
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1063, Ausuka wrote:{Nauci, Irrelephant, Keyser}
{nsg, (will just trust nauci on this particular read since I'm low on towns anyway) dunnstral}
{Eragon, the worst, Toranga}
{reundo}

about here, i'm probably missing something
In post 1078, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral

from here on out just voting whoever I'm supposed to vote.

if anyone sees me signing up for a Mafia game ever again please spam my inbox reminding me not to
does not compute
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:50 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 1024, Toranaga wrote:it's funny nsg gets so townread for doing basically nothing when nauci has so many very deep thoughts and towny attitude all game and you guys don't see it as obvtowning

shrug
who is you guys 0.0
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:50 am

Post by Toranaga »

NSG is ~never town btw

but sheep nauci, sure, what do I know
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:51 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1104, Eragon wrote:
In post 1024, Toranaga wrote:it's funny nsg gets so townread for doing basically nothing when nauci has so many very deep thoughts and towny attitude all game and you guys don't see it as obvtowning

shrug
who is you guys 0.0
nauci and the people sheeping her or townreading NSG

there's definitely quite a few
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:52 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1099, Eragon wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1076, Nauci wrote:Eragon is the new Errant
what?
In post 1077, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 1072, Nauci wrote:P.S. The Eragon slot is like hard gliding right under everyone's radar and that should bother all of y'all a lot
this is fair and accurate news
i agree, but activity is normally NAI for me, i can be active or inactive as both town or scum, depending on whats happening in life
In post 1078, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral

from here on out just voting whoever I'm supposed to vote.

if anyone sees me signing up for a Mafia game ever again please spam my inbox reminding me not to
sad :cry:
In post 1079, Toranaga wrote:
In post 519, Eragon wrote:
In post 500, the worst wrote::ok_hand:
red flip d1 feels good man

drunk ducky gonna slep now gngn
I think this is actually TMI, because he was already like “red flip Day 1 feels good”

I mean, town never KNOWS that the person is scum unless a TI has a guilty, but TW acted like he KNEW volxen was scum, not HOPING that volxen was scum and not actually watcher.
this is the first kinda towny post in eragon's ISO. I didn't like some stuff and kop was hard null.

still reading...
also iirc that was my first post where i actually had some inkling of the game :lol: :lol:
In post 1081, Toranaga wrote:eragon's ISO: his reads list seem good, his thoughts seem towny on a surface level

could be scum but it's not really standing out as such and would be a poor lynch
thats all you got from my ISO :cry: :cry: :cry:
In post 1082, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 1070, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1059, Irrelephant11 wrote:mm swap keyser and the worst, the evidence mounting on keyser from many slots is a lot
Sorry keyser I'm enjoying your presence but I think you have high scum equity
Volxen knew I was town and formed his limited pushes around that.
Kop has a 100% read accuracy read on me.
You know I am town really and shouldnt be lynched today.
My D1 reads were solid.
Do you think I am underperforming as town?
-A reasonable way to look at it, but it is pretty weird how you didn't call out him trying to pocket you if that was the case
-Okay, sure, I'll give this a tiny bit of weight
-I definitely don't prefer your lynch but if my townreads push you I'm not sure I want to get in the way anymore (pretend I wrote this in a less scummy-sounding way)
-meaningless, as scum can be however right/wrong with their reads as they want
-No, so I'll give this some weight too

g2g bye
i dont know why it matters if kop can have an accurate read because he only had about 14 posts this game and no thread presence, so i wouldnt really put anything in what he says
and how do you put weight when someone asks "am i underperforming as town?"
In post 1083, Toranaga wrote:it's very possible I antagonized ausuka so hard on d2 that she can't really see me being town for it, and then started that associative read with TW cause he was just siding with me and sheeping it.

I think town eragon is generally townier than this, but if eragon is scum he is putting a very decent effort and looking towny at a few points in this ISO.

I'm having a very difficult time trying to find a proper lynch that isn't NSG, which might reduce the whole thing to just flipping dunnstral and hoping it flips scum

but anyone doing so should take into consideration that he literally shaded volxen's entire wagon when it was L-2 on d1. which isn't a pro-town thing to do, but it doesn't strike as someone who knows alignments.

I was wrong about stuff like that before and he hasn't been oozing towniness anyway.

I think it's gonna be mostly ausuka/nsg or dunn/nsg. I think lynching these 3 and then eragon wins the game.
as before, effort is NAI and you should treat it as such.
- Kop (who knows my town/scum meta inside out, and hydra partner) has a 100% accuracy read on me. Whether his slot is scum (who knows I’m town) or is town (who you should Sheep for now), I am always town here :giggle:
- if Irrelephant11 thinks I’m a townie underperforming I will need to rethink my status. But I think I’ve had a solid game so far, and kept the attention/vote where I think it should be on D1/D2.
- I now think Dunnstral shouldn’t be
D2’s lynch
. I’m ok with being wrong about Toranaga and Dunnstral, I thought I had this game solved. But the opposition, and growing counter attack on me makes me feel something is off.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Nauci »

ErrantParabola was scum in my last game with Keyser/irrelephant/tw and sounded generally towny without making any particularly committed or controversial reads and coasted by while other players post a lot more for a long time
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Nauci »

I feel it deep in my gut that the way Ausuka's votes joined the wagons and helped create momentum was town motivated, and, in fact, pro-town things to do
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:54 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 1108, Nauci wrote:ErrantParabola was scum in my last game with Keyser/irrelephant/tw and sounded generally towny without making any particularly committed or controversial reads and coasted by while other players post a lot more for a long time
sadness..

i replace in D2, have the 5th highest post count, and people think im coasting

:doc:
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:55 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1108, Nauci wrote:ErrantParabola was scum in my last game with Keyser/irrelephant/tw and sounded generally towny without making any particularly committed or controversial reads and coasted by while other players post a lot more for a long time
is this eragon or about eragon?
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:55 am

Post by Eragon »

{pretty much D2 cause i didnt do shit D1}
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:55 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Let’s explore this, we have time.

VOTE: NSG

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Eragon »

i like this right now, we actually have posts in real time
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:00 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1110, Eragon wrote:
sadness..

I'm finally getting around to reading the section where you post a lot though
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:00 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 1115, Nauci wrote:
In post 1110, Eragon wrote:
sadness..

I'm finally getting around to reading the section where you post a lot though

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:01 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1113, Keyser Söze wrote:Let’s explore this, we have time.

VOTE: NSG

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
I'll give it like a day or 2 for NSG to come in with her own words to defend herself I guess, on Irrelephant's wise suggestion
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Meta that helped me form stronger scum feels on TW in a previous game:
In post 2322, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 2170, Nauci wrote:
Spoiler: Mathdino Case on The Worst in Open 719
Subject: Open 719: Stack The Deck! (D4)
Mathdino wrote:
In post 623, Wisdom wrote:
In post 621, Nauci wrote:-The Worst - not really seeing scum TW
what does scum tw look like?
he looks like town

that's the problem. he can be motivation-read but he also knows i know that since i've gone over his scumgames with him
Mathdino wrote:he's VERY good at replicating his town meta

i don't intend to fall for the trap of metaing him again

from his scumgame:
In post 2567, the worst wrote:Regardless of alignment I tend to get lazy around power players. But I'd say I play a more tryhard scum game, and definitely a lazier town game if I can get away with it. It's largely not intentional, there's just big battles of personalities which I don't really have the energy to get involved in.

As scum I loathe bussing and try to consider my partner/s as remote possibilities at best. The biggest tell I can see from myself is that I try to adjust my style to suit apparent PRs and conftown as scum while as town, I tend to totally disregard their asses and try to work with "obvtown" or sort "probtown" players

Also. Low key I abhor drawing scum but it happens to me a lot. xD (2:2 finished games on MS and I'm almost policy lynch in a Discord server I play in sometimes because of how often I'm evil)
In post 2841, the worst wrote:Lowlight of my year so far: trying to explain my scumgame without softclaiming scum with Not_Mafia
Mathdino wrote:
In post 632, the worst wrote:VOTE: Math lmfao still at page 20

D1 paranoia here was this is the first time Math hasn't tried to read me by like page 3. I was trying to work out if he had me pinned for a future mislynch but afrer one post (I'll find it if ppl want)
I figured he was just being cautious bc he's underestimated my scum range before.

Lukewarm associatives and WIFOM about how scum!tw would play with town!math after our last game noice
welcome back

- i've literally played 2 games with you? the first time i replaced in and read you by VCA in my first posts. the second time, yeah, i'd seen 2 of your towngames (counting the one i modded) and i figured you were playing it and locked a townread on you.
the bolded is true though. so what exactly are you voting me for?

- that kind of WIFOM logic is also how i got a read on beefster in earthbound (based on how scum!beef would play against me after the last time i lynched him).
so are you voting me for anything other than BoP?
Mathdino wrote:
You had really good intuition with noticing the bad D1 wagons all around. mutant and Screenplay were easy mislynches, and often are lynchbait in other games. Townhunting is often more important than scumhunting. Problem is I think Espeonage assumed you were scum who already knew they were town.

You nailed Jay and Montosh. Jay really outplayed town with the super convincing roleblocker claim.
the worst, you fully know i think highly of your towngame
and also your scumgame
i just don't believe you think i'm scum here
Mathdino wrote:1. Stay in the background D1, make smart sounding statements but don't step on any toes. Never be the scummiest person.

2. Broadcast that you're gonna claim PR. Bonus points if you do this as town anyway.

3. Openly push scum wincon without looking like you're trying to. Play dumb at every opportunity. If experienced players are trying to lynch town, defer to them. Bonus BONUS points if they're trying to lynch good town.

4. Get indignant when people try to lynch you. OMGUSing acceptable.

5. Ham it alllll the way up to the point where half your posts are scumclaims while the other half are "townslips" and dumbtells because you're having fun playing scum and you're having fun fucking with town's heads. You're having even more fun when you know you won't get lynched through a PR claim.

sound about right?

Well since I am having a little trouble deciding how to feel about The Worst refusing to respond to any of my questions (any of anyone's questions?), I went to look up a little wisdom. We all are sad Math isn't here and think he's pretty good at reading The Worst, Not_Mafia, and more, right? So here's Math's posts casing TW from our game. And some quotes from TW on his own scum play from somewhere else.

I'll let y'all decide for yourselves if this stuff applies here because I don't want to confbias, I only want to provide evidence. I have to go find some The Town games but preferably when it's not 6 AM.
This does sound awfully familiar.

@the worst - is Nauci's fear rational?
In your own words, what is scum!TW?

...but TW feels different this game.
Admittedly we haven’t put fire up TW’s ass this game though.

Yet... :twisted:
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:39 am

Post by Nauci »

A huge part of that game was fake claiming but there is no room for him to fake claim here and I entered with giving him a town read so he wasn't feeling under fire

but I keep seeing peeks of scum tw habits (see notes) so he's firmly in my "could be scum" pile
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:47 am

Post by the worst »

you've never seen town me
the fact you're not cognisant of your own inability to read me is pinging but otherwise you seem ok lmao

@flicker
I will be flickering in and out of existence Tbis weekend (v/la til 17th)
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by Nauci »

Spoiler: hot takes from 800-whenever I started interacting with the thread in real time
-800 I don’t remember dragon’s posting almost at all except for a few stray towny remarks maybe. This slot is hard gliding under the radar for everyone

-802 damnit the worst this is exactly the kind of shit you consistently post about your scum partners as scum

-807 I don’t have a read on why but my gut says this post is scummy. Like several things are mild misreps or lack the proper context, that as a whole build up a negative case on ausuka

-815 is a good post; especially the comment on 666

-827 Irrelephant’s notes mirrored my own on dunnstral here

-834 I’m never lynching irrelephant if the cute baby elephant posts keep coming’. Sorry ducky he stole your thang

-839 whatchya waiting on ducky :o Please actually be town this time and not empty posturing again you have no room to fake claim in this game lol

-841 I’m sorry Irrelephant but I’m really not understanding what you mean here

-842 tw can you explain what you think 841 meant

-844 ok never mind lol

-904 10 points for house Toranga

-911 I’m going to give this idea some serious consideration, ausuka. Also, this is a town post; scum ausuka under heavy shade wouldn’t dig her heels in on something so controversial and requiring deep belief

-912 is gold

-918 NSG you’re only the first on the wagon because keyser and irrelephant moved off for a bit; many people were voting Dunn before you if you don’t count unvoting?

-921 @eragon I just didn’t have a good read of e’s alignment at that point but that was when I forgot what the flips were during my early catch up

-941 Irrelephant

-928 for the life of me I can’t figure out why me scum reading Keyser from the first 200 posts makes my slot no longer town

-948 lol keyser be careful what you wish for
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1121, Nauci wrote:-802 damnit the worst this is exactly the kind of shit you consistently post about your scum partners as scum
when
what
why is this upsetting you if I'm in your PoE lmao
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by the worst »

I feel like regular Nauci considers the idea that it's just like a thought I have intuitively and say and therefore as scum I say it to emulate the way I think as town

your really subtle confirmation bias isn't genuine feeling.......
--
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:43 pm

Post by Nauci »

I keep wanting you to be town and was initially reading you as town but bits of your scum nervousness tics keep coming up and it makes me sad if you're scum against me again =P

Return to “Completed Open Games”