Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:46 am

Post by ejjinami »

hi there,
outdoors rn, so I'll start catching up when I get home

why is there a wagon on my slot? not sure how much will I be able to catch up in 2 days, but I'll do my best
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:49 am

Post by ejjinami »

and hey vex, have we ever played together before?
sry xd
my memory is terrible
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by ejjinami »

page 2 rn, I'll post the catchup after a few more pages

btw, @vex are you MM...? your writing styles are really similar…
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by ejjinami »

holly shit, no xD that was totally wrong
there's a thing on your profile that links to your main… dunno if you're aware of it or not (you prob are, but lol)
I don't think we've ever played together before, but hey, that's cool! xD
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by ejjinami »

MarshmallowMarshal
but it's not him, so it doesn't really matter
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by ejjinami »

Start of page 6, going to sleep

As for now my biggest SR would be prob skitter, but tbh I’m not even sure how confident should I be in the logic cuz I’ve never SR anyone else for that before

In short, some of her posts made me feel that she cares a lot about her tone and about the way other people see her. There are stuff which indicate that she put in effort to make her posts “tonally good” or “tonally read in only one way”, which is generally more scum than town motivated.
There’ll be a bit more about that in the catchup

Not placing my vote now, cuz it’s like… page 6, but this is where my vote would be if there was no more content besides that
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 12, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: ruru
In post 8, Vex Vience wrote:ok idk any of u but i did some theorizing pregame
mafia likely took two modifiers pregame, joat and daytalk meaning we have at most 4 townprs.
No offense but imo theorizing like this is kinda pointless; its basically impossible to know what scum has picked at this stage of the game; i think its a bit premature to guess the number of prs we have or what scum picked

I do agree that they prob didnt take three modifiers
In post 27, skitter30 wrote:scum don't know what powers town are going to get and joat is useless against many of them; 1s ninja is useless if tracker isn't in the game, even then it's only worth one shot. 1s strongman is good against bg; i don't know how strongman and rb interact but again it's only one shot while town is given full tracker/bg/rb

(well i suppose to be fair it's good against goon cop)

on balnace i don't think it's worth it for scum to take prs when they don't know which prs town will get or how those prs stack up against scum's prs

like i think any 4 of {tracker/bg/ic/rb/vig/goon cop} is kinda weak against scum joat from a scum perspective, as is 5 of the town prs against joat + daytalk

the only scum modification that i think is kinda worth giving town more prs as scum is daytalk and that's like the only one i'd take i think as scum
Skitter writing that "
theorizing about the setup is useless
", while placing such attention on it later is noted.
Considering her motivation and attention to detail in her posts later, I think it’s kinda unlikely that she didn’t bother considering the setup when someone already wrote their theories about it

The first post doesn't feel sincere. Possibly mimicking another, more experienced player (not necessarily AI) or aiming for some sort of lamist wifom
(Sort of: “People sometimes say that talking about mechanics is LAMIST/useless/scum motivated, so I’ll do the opposite. That should be a more townie move).
That's not a strong read though

-----------------------------------------------

[snipped most of the setup reasoning posts… -_-
I agree with mafia having no use of scum PRs if they don’t plan on having the [daychat / maf traitor] updates.
I was going to say that if there’s ever a maf PR flip, I’d lean on there being an additional town PR (other than the IC)
(cuz of the combination of [flipped maf PR]+[day talk / maf goon]= [IC]+[random PR])

but seeing the statistics made me lose faith in it… god, that’s just dumb, that’s just seriously dumb, but lol]

Vex seems to be very enthusiastic early on in a way that isn’t very productive. That’s only the first few posts, but I didn’t get a great first impression tbh

In post 29, Vex Vience wrote: to answer ur points:
if i do say im an alt, what does that mean for u?
out of 6 prs, joat counters 3 of them: tracker because ninja, bg and rber because strongman, (strongman ignores bg and rber)
also i do agree that daytalk is something scum will 100% take however i feel that joat may be a very close second pick
i dont think scum would wanna take bp or recruit traitor because with 3 modifiers, the odds of vig appearing is 47%, basically a coinflip, and regardless its a useless modifier
vig just outs themselves once they hit a bp and then the bp mafia goon flips
sure if theres an rber that could fuck things up a bit but thats so unlikely that its negliable
[…]
also to expand on why i dont think maf would recruit traitor:
it puts them down a mod first off, plus if theres no vig (and they took two mods), they can instantly tell if they hit the traitor barring any rber fucking with their results
traitor is 1s bp, and if the person they hit didnt die and they know they werent rb'd, they know instantly who the traitor is
i could see scum taking it as a third mod if they really really wanted it, but other than that, i highly doubt they would’ve recruited traitor
[…]
i think scum were very likely to take:
daytalk, joat and rolecop if they took three
i don't think they did, and im 100% sure they did take daytalk meaning for me its between {joat/rc} for scum second mod
Vex’s ideas about the setup seem stupidly honest. -_- I don’t think he’s faking the confidence in his logic, so if he’s scum I think it’s likely that he doesn’t have teammates that would be able to correct him.
That’s giving me more town vibes though. The logic has a really honest vibe to it and I think it’s unlikely that scum would be so enthusiastic to give out the role list choices, especially with that level of confidence. (ugh, mostly taking that back cuz of the statistics… but I got mostly townie vibes from him anyways, so the read doesn’t really change much)
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1225, ruru wrote:
In post 1223, ejjinami wrote:Start of page 6, going to sleep
I think you should claim first then
If I don't need to, then I wouldn't want to claim. That's not meant to be a soft btw
┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
Regardless of my role, I'm town, so giving out my role as VT would only make it easier for scum to PR-hunt (if there are any additional PRs) and I obviously shouldn't claim as a PR.

I don't really care how scummy my previous slot owner was, if I manage to save the slot without having to claim, then it's obviously more beneficial than if I do claim

so nah
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1227, the worst wrote:
In post 1223, ejjinami wrote:In short, some of her posts made me feel that she cares a lot about her tone and about the way other people see her. There are stuff which indicate that she put in effort to make her posts “tonally good” or “tonally read in only one way”, which is generally more scum than town motivated.
can you throw me some quotes which support this? i'm not totally convinced i see it coming from scum before it comes from town but would be keen to get in behind your eyes here :P

setup stuff is 5% interesting in this particular setup
for example scum taking no powers whatsoever is slightly beneficial for scum
as scum depending on who my partner was (if they were someone i prolly wouldn't jam super well with for example) i'd probably take recruit traitor and nothing else
if they were someone i have really good synergy w and wanna play scum with i'd take daytalk and nothing else

but ya there's a billion different opinions on which powers to take/not take in this setup so whatever

back to getting red flips
ehh, there's not that much of it, but wait a sec... it's 5.50 AM rn... and I'm not really thinking
I just have to do a grammar check and I'll post the rest

and yeah, not that it matters, but I'd most prob aim for a mountaineous setup as scum here
either that or 1 update max, but lol. ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1229, the worst wrote:dat's one sassy cow
why am I scum?
let's talk about that first

or if you think the logic is wrong, then we can talk about it
not sure how much longer will I manage to stay awake though, but lol, go for it
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1232, the worst wrote:i'll be real, i can't even remember who you replaced rn
f-sth, I don't remember his name
but he's the main wagon rn, so there should be a lot of reads him
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 22, Almost50 wrote:This game is so easy. Skygazer, Antihero & FrankJaeger are the perpetrators.

VOTE: Skygazer

Pretending to counting the stars and not paying attention to what's going on in this room. Well, you are staring at the CEILING!!! Those are SPOTLIGHTS up there. Nice try though.
In post 37, Almost50 wrote:Early *serious* read alert: Vex is likely town. I did the exact same thing (speculating about what scum might have picked) when I played this setup for the first time. It's not a *strong* TR bc there is a scum motive to do it (and I'd really rather not speaking of that right now) but I'd like to think of him as a townie for a starting point.
In post 68, Almost50 wrote:@ruru: Scum can't claim a TPR bc I rolled ALL TPRs (with the exception of Creature's IC). :P
[...]
Also, what do you think about my case on Sky? I think it's very convincing and I would appreciate your vote there. Thank you.
In post 76, Almost50 wrote:Whoever casts the third vote on Sky gets a free pass from me for the rest of the day!
I’m also kinda getting the vibe that Alm’s early read on skygazer wasn’t a honest one. His TR on vex was written in a serious tone, so I see absolutely no reason for town to fake a joking tone in a serious SR.
His early reads on her are either shitposts or really shitty reaction tests.

P.Edit:
The read might have been wrong, cuz he did explain the read in his posts later. Rn it feels a bit more like a planned reaction test / seeing who’d jump on the wagon, but it doesn’t really give me a solid read.
(feels rather planed than spontaneous and that’s generally likely to come from meta, not necessarily alignment)
But tbh as of this page I’d say he’s fine. Dunno if I’m being overly cautious cuz I’m tired, or w/e, but the read can stay like that for a while

That’s def not SvS btw, regardless of the possible traitor.
In post 119, Almost50 wrote:Ok, first one that I tripped on (not the one I was looking for, but it'll do). We (myself and Chara as a hydra) were revealed as the IC, and we received 2 votes on page one. NSG wasn't Scum (actually she was the Cop, and sometimes.. just sometimes.. TPRs do some scummy stuff). Elmo was the other vote and she was indeed scum.

But that's NOT my only point. I have 2 other points against Sky now: Her meta and her Traitor claim. I;ve already explained the later. As for her meta, I think skitter (for one) would agree this isn't the way way Sky enters her games as a Townie. She tends to be pushing the game forward from the word go. It'd make my like much easier if you just went to her profile and clicked her topics and took a look on how Town Sky usually enters the game. This is some weird entrance by her to say the least. She's likely the Traitor and she simply didn't know how to play it.
That read doesn’t come from scum on scum imo.

And yeah, I agree with ruru being ok for now.

Enigma is still doing nothing. That’s ok fn, cuz it’s the beginning of the game and he’s more or less reacting to random stuff, but that has to get better later on. Looked through one of his latest town games, in which he seemed to lurk a lot more, rather than shit-post, but idek if that’s AI
But again… it’s up to page 6… so idek why I’m writing that tbh

Nothing good from antihero early on

Skitters’s case on ruru is good imo. Not sure how it influences my read on him, but wanted to note it

There were a lot of votes on skygazer, but tbh I doubt it’s AI. Defending her in from her early game shit-posts would have been risky (regardless of her role), so the situation wouldn’t be weird regardless of her alignment and the alignment of the voters

Meta note: A lot of skitter’s posts give me the feeling that she’s a player who tends to care about how her posts look like.
In post 122, skitter30 wrote:
In post 117, Vex Vience wrote:what do u expect from town!ruru?
i don't know exactly; it's still gut and i need more from her but i'll try to explain

i expect town!ruru to be more opionated/stubborn almost? like if she thinks you're wrong about the pr stuff i kinda expect a long novel about why exactly you're wrong. like she wasn't as forceful about it as i'd expect her to be if that makes sense

i said a couple of times that i wanted to pressure her and i kinda expect town!her to engage with that in some way, or to like respond to me? she knows i can locktown her pretty easily as town so avoiding that feels kinda wrong?

i think scum!her doesn't really want to engage me i think (given newbie 1859 where i caugth her and she just didn't want to have arguments with me; read the scum pt ; + open 721 iirc where i was able to locktown her on like three posts in rvs)

and in 721 we mindmelded pretty hard as town so i think town!her engages me and i think scum!her probably doesn't want to
fe, the beginning of that one was most prob heavily worked on.
It feels more like a story than random/spontaneous thoughts
You can even tell the tone clearly in the first sentences, which is REALLY rare in posts that weren’t tonally worked on
Possible cautious/try-hard scum
I might be a bit too tunnely here, cuz tbh I don’t think she did anything extremely bad, but I don’t really trust that atm

ugh P.Edit: Now that I'm reading it, she did write that her read was mostly gut. It would kinda make sense for her to work on the case more than usually, cuz she would have been forcing herself to write it anyways
the analysis should be good, but it's not as ai anymore -_- kinda missed that before
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1227, the worst wrote:
In post 1223, ejjinami wrote:In short, some of her posts made me feel that she cares a lot about her tone and about the way other people see her. There are stuff which indicate that she put in effort to make her posts “tonally good” or “tonally read in only one way”, which is generally more scum than town motivated.
can you throw me some quotes which support this? i'm not totally convinced i see it coming from scum before it comes from town but would be keen to get in behind your eyes here :P
and lol, I misread that post too -_-
I understood that you see my point of view, but it's not enough… I'll prob have to reread the posts tomorrow, cuz I'd be surprised if there wasn't more of it

regardless of the case, why do you think caring about the tone of the posts comes from town rather than scum?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by ejjinami »

and fck, 6:30 AM
gn, should have prob done that sooner
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:45 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1232, the worst wrote:i'll be real, i can't even remember who you replaced rn
if you didn't remember that I replaced frank, what did you think of ruru asking me to claim
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:46 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1245, ruru wrote:it's interesting that ejjinami + frank both scumread skitter, whose posts tend to naturally get townread by town
probably >rand scum regardless of skitter's alignment?

I do kind of want more ejji posts but we have serious deadline issues if ceejay's slot fills
What does the “>rand scum” mean?

And I’m not as confident in the read on skit anymore. I partially misunderstood the 2-nd post I quoted and I didn’t really notice her acting cautious about her tone in the next few pages, which kinda makes me think that it might have been a wrong way to read her after all. I don’t really get why are people TRing her though, but I’ll prob get to it later.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:48 am

Post by ejjinami »

Up to page 10, I’m not a great fan of enigma, his posts are either reachy, or I’m understanding them in a really weird way.

Still think that ruru and vex should be town.

Also leaning town on a50 based on his early read and later 180 on sky, but I’m not really confident in being able to read him in general.

I think I’m buying his read on sky, but that’s also sth I’d be cautious about.

Def want to read more from HWS, I’ve played and read a few games where he played and he feels normal rn, but I’m not extremely confident in that read.

Gamma had a lot of posts, but tbh there wasn’t anything that would make me lean on her one way or another

I’d be willing to lynch among enigma/MWNN, pooossibly Antihero, but a bit less. I’d be surprised if all of them were scum, but I think there should be at least 1-2 there. The rest is good fn
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:49 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 180, skitter30 wrote:aside i kinda think enigma might be town
Elaborate
In post 182, Enigma wrote:
In post 147, ruru wrote:If skitter is still scumreading me at eod, correct play is to lynch me and then lynch her, and scum.her is probably aware of that and therefore probably won't try to mislynch me
I mean that is a bit reachy regarding lynching skitter if she scumreads you (correctly) and you end up being lynched. Why are you suggesting the correct play is to lynch her after you are lynched (regardless of flip) - yes scum can bus, but (town) skitter can and should also be able to scumread you (correctly or incorrectly) without dooming her to being PLd after you are lynched?
I don’t get the point of that post. You seem to be implying that ruru should reason while taking her own scum flip into consideration, which makes absolutely no sense regardless of her alignment.
How is her not doing that reachy?
And the post is a bit difficult to read, but you seem to be talking only to scum!ruru here, while assuming that her actions are town motivated. (talking about the: “you can be bussed, but it’s unfair if you’re trying to get town!skitt MLed after your scum flip”)
That’s a weird attitude towards making reads tbh.

------------------------------------------

And hey, can someone explain what’s going on with the avatar change conversation? How did sky change her avatar?
In post 203, FrankJaeger wrote: P.s And meta reads are usually garbage
(ಠ ∩ಠ)
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:50 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 214, ruru wrote:... because I'm town and I'll flip town? Like seriously this is a stupid question and I'm kinda having a hard time getting into the game because the majority of the playerlist seems to be having trouble understanding where I'm coming from wrt mafia theory when I don't think I'm being particularly unclear or particularly wrong in what I'm saying

I'd much rather answer sorting questions than mafia theory questions

I actually want to policy lynch like everyone right now
Agree with the playerlist having weird ideas about the setup
The frustration feels genuine here btw.
In post 215, Enigma wrote:
In post 199, Almost50 wrote:
In post 197, Enigma wrote:Welcome to A50 theories ... true madness, this is why I take them with a grain of salt ahaha

A50, re Sky's avatar do you think she changed it just because of this specific game and the wagon on her (considering she is playing in several other games rn)?
Well, I haven't checked her other ongoing games and I dunno if she said she'd be watching avatar in them, so I can't return a reliable answer. However, I do think that post had something to do with that avatar edit in this game, and thus more inclined to buy it. After all, if I lose to her because of THAT move I'd still be laughing hard at how cute of a move it was.
You think that she thought to changed her profile pic, because she said she was watching avatar in a post? Ahaha, gotta hand it - this is far beyond the bounds of my reasoning lol .... brain can not compute .... guess I gotta just leave Sky as is for now.
This was a serious post, right?
If you didn’t get the logic, what was your reason for wanting to leave sky alone?
In post 217, Enigma wrote:
In post 214, ruru wrote:
In post 212, skitter30 wrote:
In post 182, Enigma wrote:I mean that is a bit reachy regarding lynching skitter if she scumreads you (correctly) and you end up being lynched. Why are you suggesting the correct play is to lynch her after you are lynched (regardless of flip) - yes scum can bus, but (town) skitter can and should also be able to scumread you (correctly or incorrectly) without dooming her to being PLd after you are lynched?
@ruru can you respond to this please?
... because I'm town and I'll flip town? Like seriously this is a stupid question and I'm kinda having a hard time getting into the game because the majority of the playerlist seems to be having trouble understanding where I'm coming from wrt mafia theory when I don't think I'm being particularly unclear or particularly wrong in what I'm saying

I'd much rather answer sorting questions than mafia theory questions

I actually want to policy lynch like everyone right now
Tbh, you make an assumption that we think you are town for your logic to work, and then at the same time you continue to claim that you are intentionally playing somewhat scummy and can understand why people are scumreading you.... So you can perhaps see why people are "having trouble understanding you"

Snipped the next part of the post cuz a50 wrote most of it in his post not long after, but god… that’s dumb
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:05 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1264, ruru wrote:
In post 1260, ejjinami wrote:What does the “>rand scum” mean?

And I’m not as confident in the read on skit anymore. I partially misunderstood the 2-nd post I quoted and I didn’t really notice her acting cautious about her tone in the next few pages, which kinda makes me think that it might have been a wrong way to read her after all. I don’t really get why are people TRing her though, but I’ll prob get to it later.
more likely than random

usually reads of this form mean I'm not gut-scumreading something but I think it's "ever so slightly scummy" or that scum would do it more often

also I think skitter is just town by postcount

she had 34 posts as scum day 1 of 732 (which lasted around a week) and 107 posts over all six gamedays and while she wasn't isping day 1 by any means there's just too much quantitative difference here for someone who finds scum stressful
cool, k.
does that mean you think she can be meta read? would it be worth it to go through some of her previous games?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:51 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1267, Almost50 wrote:Looks like this game needs to be put in the deep freezer so it won't rot before a CJV replacement is found! *Sigh*

You know what's funny? What's funny is when I sign up to play in several games and then they ALL get like super active and I can't keep up, yet when I sign up to a few either the game is dead or I am!!!
Complains that no one is posting in a post that’s basically a prodge
Irony
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (isolation #21) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:58 pm

Post by ejjinami »

Catching up takes me a lot of time in general. It might wary depending on how long the posts are and stuff like that, but I haven’t been able to go over 10 pages a day on this site yet. On weekdays my limit shrinks to around 5 in general… There were 48 pages when I replaced in and I’m on p 11 rn, so catching up fully would take around half of d2.

So the point is, don’t wait for me to catch up. If the game is dead later on, it might be better to just end the day early.

Tbh as long as the lynch isn't one of my TRs, I don’t really mind. I might skip to reading the last 5-10 pages so that I get a general idea of what’s happening, but tbh I wouldn’t really want to cuz if I do, it’ll prob end up in me not catching up fully later.

I could lynch with the reads I’ve got rn. I’m gonna be catching up slowly, but from my experience it doesn’t really stop me from discussing stuff.

[
creat, vex, ruru
]- absolutely town
[
A50, skit
, sky, HWS
]-don’t wanna lynch them rn, but I don’t have an incredibly confident read on them
[
MWNN, Anti, Enigma, gamma
]- my d1 lynch pool

That should be where I’m at rn. Most of the middle bracket are slight TRs, but not extremely confident ones. As long as the lynch is among the lower bracket, I don’t really mind ending the day early.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:59 pm

Post by ejjinami »

And btw, can someone elaborate on the TRs on enigma? I’ve read that he got better later on and started doing stuff, but a lot of people were TRing him since the start of the game, which I don’t really get that rn.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1285, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1283, ruru wrote:you're asking "why not" so it's unlikely he did it to get townread

I don't think most people would townread that post

but scum really enjoy a gamestate where everyone is tilted and not gamesolving
it's like an nai post to me; it feels like fluff kinda
^
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1300 (isolation #24) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:03 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1259, ejjinami wrote:
if you didn't remember that I replaced frank, what did you think of ruru asking me to claim
bump
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (isolation #25) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:08 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1294, the worst wrote:I feel like I always reach a point where I either SR gamma or are too comfortable with his lynch. like I'm zoned out and didn't realise I hadn't posted for so long but this feels a little lynchmobby.

someone I townread tell me what to do pls :(
waht are your reads rn?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (isolation #26) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:12 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1267, Almost50 wrote:Looks like this game needs to be put in the deep freezer so it won't rot before a CJV replacement is found! *Sigh*

You know what's funny? What's funny is when I sign up to play in several games and then they ALL get like super active and I can't keep up, yet when I sign up to a few either the game is dead or I am!!!
btw, you were hard TRing sky before, so what do you think of people wanting to lynch duck rn?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (isolation #27) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:08 am

Post by ejjinami »

Throwing duck a bit closer to the townpile
In post 1303, the worst wrote:
In post 1301, ejjinami wrote:
In post 1294, the worst wrote:someone I townread tell me what to do pls :(
waht are your reads rn?
In post 1295, ruru wrote:Just vote yourself :lol:
OK <3
VOTE: the worst
In post 1304, the worst wrote:UNVOTE: that felt gr0ss
In post 1305, the worst wrote:
In post 1301, ejjinami wrote:
In post 1294, the worst wrote:someone I townread tell me what to do pls :(
waht are your reads rn?
apathy mostly honestly
that progression feels slightly townie.
Getting reads as town is generally more difficult than doing it as scum. From my experience AtE of that type is more likely to come from town than scum.
And I remember duck saying a few times that he wants to sheep, which would be bad for scum in this situation, because there is no set wagon rn (there are many possible wagons, so unless scum!duck’s teammate/teammates are all townread, being completely sheepy/apathetic about the lynch would be rather risky)
The apathy should be real imo. That self-vote really fits the image of a demotivated player and that’s not sth that I see being faked often.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (isolation #28) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:34 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1308, Vex Vience wrote:
ejjinami wrote: Vex’s ideas about the setup seem stupidly honest. -_- I don’t think he’s faking the confidence in his logic, so if he’s scum I think it’s likely that he doesn’t have teammates that would be able to correct him.
That’s giving me more town vibes though. The logic has a really honest vibe to it and I think it’s unlikely that scum would be so enthusiastic to give out the role list choices, especially with that level of confidence. (ugh, mostly taking that back cuz of the statistics… but I got mostly townie vibes from him anyways, so the read doesn’t really change much)
trying to make sure that i get what you're saying:
if im scum, i am 100% traitor, correct?
however, that likely isn't the case, instead, im town, right?

actually, I didn’t even consider traitor here, but more or less yeah.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:38 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1308, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 1228, ejjinami wrote:
In post 1225, ruru wrote:
In post 1223, ejjinami wrote:Start of page 6, going to sleep
I think you should claim first then
If I don't need to, then I wouldn't want to claim. That's not meant to be a soft btw
┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
Regardless of my role, I'm town, so giving out my role as VT would only make it easier for scum to PR-hunt (if there are any additional PRs) and I obviously shouldn't claim as a PR.

I don't really care how scummy my previous slot owner was, if I manage to save the slot without having to claim, then it's obviously more beneficial than if I do claim

so nah
uhh... i dont really like this post
i kinda like the tone, but the last part was kinda is odd to me, (the "it's obviously more beneficial" part)
if you claim you're bodyguard, then scum will target you n1 imo, because obviously you're jumping on one of your town-reads or creature
if you arent bg, then you're just another possible target for them n1, meaning you should claim vt

my thing is that not claiming, sure while it does help, it also hurts town
sure scum don't know what you are, but we also dont know what you are
I’m not sure if I get the point
If you say I should have fake-claimed BG (as VT), tbh it might have worked out, but I’m not really sure how would I feel about doing that.
I don’t like the idea of fake-claiming in general, because I don’t know most of the players here and I don’t know how would they react
And it’s not like I would have had enough time to read the thread and determine their personalities or sth

And town doesn’t need to know what role I am imo. If I’m a PR, I’ll do just fine when I’m hidden and if I’m a VT at least I can pose as a NK-bait.
So as long as I’m not lynched staying hidden is obviously better imo.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (isolation #30) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:38 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1311, BuJaber wrote:I wouldn't be so sure. I've played with scum!TW once and he won the game by being kinda vague and sheepy with his reads. He felt like a confused little innocent duckling all game and got himelf townlocked brilliantly. It probably involved a lot of bussing his partners but it was worth it in the end.
can you link the game?
and what is your read on him rn?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (isolation #31) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:39 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1298, ejjinami wrote:Can someone elaborate on the TRs on enigma? I’ve read that he got better later on and started doing stuff, but a lot of people were TRing him since the start of the game, which I don’t really get that rn.
and btw, could someone answer that? thx
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:57 am

Post by ejjinami »

VOTE: enigma
let's do this.

Quoting my posts cuz part of the reasoning is there and they are easier to find
Spoiler:
In post 1262, ejjinami wrote:
In post 182, Enigma wrote:
In post 147, ruru wrote:If skitter is still scumreading me at eod, correct play is to lynch me and then lynch her, and scum.her is probably aware of that and therefore probably won't try to mislynch me
I mean that is a bit reachy regarding lynching skitter if she scumreads you (correctly) and you end up being lynched. Why are you suggesting the correct play is to lynch her after you are lynched (regardless of flip) - yes scum can bus, but (town) skitter can and should also be able to scumread you (correctly or incorrectly) without dooming her to being PLd after you are lynched?
I don’t get the point of that post. You seem to be implying that ruru should reason while taking her own scum flip into consideration, which makes absolutely no sense regardless of her alignment.
How is her not doing that reachy?
And the post is a bit difficult to read, but you seem to be talking only to scum!ruru here, while assuming that her actions are town motivated. (talking about the: “you can be bussed, but it’s unfair if you’re trying to get town!skitt MLed after your scum flip”)
That’s a weird attitude towards making reads tbh.

I haven't read the whole game, but the last posts I've read from him (the early interactions with ruru) felt forced and didn't really strike me as sth that would come from a town pov.
Spoiler:
In post 1263, ejjinami wrote:
In post 215, Enigma wrote:
In post 199, Almost50 wrote:
In post 197, Enigma wrote:Welcome to A50 theories ... true madness, this is why I take them with a grain of salt ahaha

A50, re Sky's avatar do you think she changed it just because of this specific game and the wagon on her (considering she is playing in several other games rn)?
Well, I haven't checked her other ongoing games and I dunno if she said she'd be watching avatar in them, so I can't return a reliable answer. However, I do think that post had something to do with that avatar edit in this game, and thus more inclined to buy it. After all, if I lose to her because of THAT move I'd still be laughing hard at how cute of a move it was.
You think that she thought to changed her profile pic, because she said she was watching avatar in a post? Ahaha, gotta hand it - this is far beyond the bounds of my reasoning lol .... brain can not compute .... guess I gotta just leave Sky as is for now.
This was a serious post, right?
If you didn’t get the logic, what was your reason for wanting to leave sky alone?

I didn't also like the reaction to A50's TR on sky, it makes more sense coming from a scum (who doesn't get the logic, but is afraid to fight a strong townie) than town imo.

That's not an extremely confident read, but if I were to choose among the people in my lower branch, he is the one I SR the most among them rn
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (isolation #33) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:44 am

Post by ejjinami »

everyone should vote where they want to lynch
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (isolation #34) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:00 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1325, ruru wrote:I can see the future

it's an hws compromise lynch
can you elaborate on HWS? (quote if you already wrote stuff about it before)
and what do you think about enigma?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (isolation #35) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:23 am

Post by ejjinami »

meh, there weren't many posts from HWS at the beginning of the day, but I'll look at his ISO when I get home

and enigma, who do you want to lynch?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (isolation #36) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by ejjinami »

UNVOTE:
Eh, this is actually fine and the responses kinda make sense. :/
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (isolation #37) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1334, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1302, ejjinami wrote:

btw, you were hard TRing sky before, so what do you think of people wanting to lynch duck rn?
Which one of them? Put another way: Someone's read on tw has no bearing on either my read on him or on the other person.
You were townreading skygazer (replaced by the worst later on) early in the game because of the avatar change. A lot of time has passed since then, so you could have changed your read, but I'd still want to hear an answer
In post 1336, Almost50 wrote:I'll compromise on CJV or HWS but that'll be it. I don't think I want to lynch Enigma today, but I won't be fighting it if there's a majority of SRs on him doe some reason I don't really see.
what do you think about bujaber?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (isolation #38) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1338, skitter30 wrote:uh this is a good idea at the start of a day, not at the end of a two-week+ day when people are starting to become apathetic because of the length
It’s exactly because people were starting to get apathetic
In post 1342, BuJaber wrote:Ejj slot not yet cleared ftr. If he doesn't get distracted with the later posts he would finish catching up faster if you ask me.
The priority should be to get a scum lynch, or at least to get good reads out of the wagons. While catching up would help, I won’t be able to do it fast enough, so it’s out of the question
And I think I can do just fine without it for now, so you can read me normally regardless if I’ve caught up or not.
In post 1342, BuJaber wrote:I'm voting gamma or enigma. Vig target should be one of the lurkier options cjv/HWS.
Hot take: the vig conversation is an easy and relatively safe way to distance from one’s teammates, while having an excuse for not pushing their lynch.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (isolation #39) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by ejjinami »

Kinda starting to want to lynch CJ rn, cuz of the people who’re SRing him, but I’ll look at it tomorrow
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (isolation #40) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1359, Almost50 wrote: :facepalm: Sky is the one who eventually surrendered .. after replacing Ejji!!! :twisted:

Check the players list. Slot #6: Skygazer >
ejjinami
you seem happy
what is your read on me rn?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (isolation #41) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1378, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1364, ofrhz wrote:
Not_Mafia replaces ceejayvinoya. Welcome! :)

Day 1 deadline is two days from this post.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think we've just officially lost the game. Like, I'm confident that slot is Mafia, but I have a policy of not lynching N_M ever, so you're going to have to do it without me.

@NM: WELCOME
(Sorry! Couldn't find a word that starts with "cow", so used a word that starts with "double-ewe") :P
Can you quote/elaborate on your read on CJ?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (isolation #42) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1388, the worst wrote: pedit: ah the feeling is mutual <3
you may kiss the bride

didn't have a lot of time today, but I'll try to do more tomorrow, gn
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (isolation #43) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1392, the worst wrote:which slots am I lacking progression on
hey, if you TR absolutely everyone, it'll mean that the vast majority of your reads is correct :thumbs up:

and elaborate on buj please
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (isolation #44) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by ejjinami »

and def disagree on ruru. While I don't think I'll be able to garther my thoughts enough to make a solid read rn, most of her early posts felt like they were coming from a town pov. Not necessarily the read posts-I mean. idk, but I don't think she's likely to flip scum
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (isolation #45) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1398, the worst wrote:
In post 1396, ejjinami wrote:
In post 1392, the worst wrote:which slots am I lacking progression on
hey, if you TR absolutely everyone, it'll mean that the vast majority of your reads is correct :thumbs up:

and elaborate on buj please
ctrl+f antihero and Buj in my iso please if you don't mind, that's one of the slots I'm not lacking thoughts on its just a quiet one
k, I'll skip through it tomorrow
thx
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (isolation #46) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1402, the worst wrote:
In post 1399, ejjinami wrote:and def disagree on ruru. While I don't think I'll be able to garther my thoughts enough to make a solid read rn, most of her early posts felt like they were coming from a town pov. Not necessarily the read posts-I mean. idk, but I don't think she's likely to flip scum
huh
if you want me to elaborate, I'll do it tomorrow
but I have a rather solid TR on her since SoD and I didn't see anything from her till now that would have changed my mind
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (isolation #47) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:08 am

Post by ejjinami »

Ehh, I have stuff to post, but it's mostly unreadable cuz I haven’t edited it yet
Page 19 and have to go in a sec, so I’ll vote now

VOTE: NM
that's not actually a bad lynch. I don't really have a good grasp of cee's meta, but there isn't anything in his ISO that would make me change my mind about his slot.
From what I've seen, increased care for saying his opinions should be scum indicative for cee, but he seemed to be in a catchup-mode most of the time, so idrk if I should be even reading that...
I don't really have a strong read on him
I think I was also the only SR in his read-list and I think it's kinda funny, but idk if that's even AI for him
still, not a bad lynch imo... and his wagon still looks really pure :/

If I manage to come back today before EoD, I’ll post a catchup and if not, I guess I’ll do it d2
Cuz I really doubt I’ll get killed with that many people SRing me

Return to “Completed Open Games”