Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:20 am

Post by Completly Trustworthy »

Hello everyone, this looks like it will be a very good flavor game. I always prefer those over regular games.
VOTE: Nosferatu
Also, Umlaut, why do you always vote for Davesaz as you said in ?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:02 am

Here are some questions I like to ask people at the start of a game:
1. What is your experience at Mafia?
2.What do you think is the optimal town strategy?
3.What do you think is the optimal scum strategy?
4. What are good ways to scumhunt?
5. What are bad ways to scumhunt?

My answers:
1. I have some experience at playing mafia in real life, but this is only my third game on the site and I don't know all the players yet.
2.I believe a good way to play as a town member is to call out those who are flying under the radar or lurking and trying to question them about their reads and stances on the game. Often times, coming up with fake logic and reads is stressing and difficult for scum players, so asking everyone to constantly explain themselves should catch bad scum very quickly and generate content. Another good tip is to pay attention to people who use meta tells or indecisiveness to justify voting. Those are common methods for scum players to explain why they are voting people without casing them or pointing out specific posts.
3. Being scum is all about looking towny enough that you are not the most suspicious. An easy way to do that is to suspect players throughout the game and then follow up with votes instead of waffling or voting somewhere else. As long as it seems you are trying to solve the game and are reacting to new posts, the lurkers and sheepers in the game will get lynched instead of you. There is no reason to make your fake reads agree with the towns or for them to be good, seemingly bad play is excusable as long as it appears you are trying. Towns aren't as united an enemy as they may seem, they will quickly tear themselves apart if you don't make mistakes.
4. People who dodge your questions somewhat, urge a suspicious player to be voted "later", or give hard defenses are almost always scum in my experience. Scum try to defend their teammates and buddy others, knowing everyone's allignment. Therefore; people who white knight for others or give hard defenses are usually evil. Also, scum love to set conditions on which they will vote their teammates, like a certain player flipping scum, which they know will not happen.
5. Meta tells are bad due to a player's meta being under their control. In addition, doubting someone because they are paranoid or hesistant to vote is usually bad because townies don't know peoples allignments and would be hesitant to trust, so it is perfectly in character for a townie to behave like that. It is far more suspicious if a player is unaturally certain than if a player is hesitant to commit to a wagon.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:25 am

I think IO's vote is too early to be completely serious, but they do probably want me to answer why I questioned Umlaut. It's because I dislike meta being used to justify votes and try to discourage it or question the players doing it more. Also, I thought that it could be a form of early game bussing or a way of setting up negative associates, so I didn't want it to go unquestioned. I've seen members of the scumteam vote for themselves in RVS a lot.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:34 am

Now I wish I had named my account pocket calculator, it would have given me a good theme like The Worst or Meme Man.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:37 am

Yes, nos, look at Newbie 1882. Its a completed game where I behaved similarly.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:42 am

It's not as bad in my real life games, I don't have as much time to think over what I want to say in my mafia playgroup. My posts are a product of me trying to explain my reasons for doing things in ways that make as much sense as possible.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:05 am

By the way, can you respond to my questions Io? So far, few people have given genuine responses, I need for people to answer in order for the RQS to have been worthwhile.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:45 am

If a player were to say they think meta is not a good scumhunting tool in my survey, then voted someone later on for the same reason, I would scumread them due to contradicting their earlier stated opinions. Also, people's reasons for answering questions and reactions to the posed survey can be AI as well. In one of my previous games, a scum player was the first to offer answers. In my experience, scum like doing things to gain towncred, such as being quick to answer my questions. In addition, a town player answering would help me understand their positions and general playstyle while also offering content to talk about. Overall, I find it is usually pretty good to have a RQS if you can get at least four responses from the other players.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:22 am

What is so funny Nosferatu?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:23 pm

Here are my reads so far:
Io seems town since they have a similar way of playing to me(questioning everything), have an understandable reason for voting, and made some of the first posts that were not in the RVS stage.
I think Davesaz is town because they are asking good questions like in and . So far they seem to be probing players who we need to know more about.
I believe its likely that at least one of Popo and Lapsa is scum. I looked very weak to a push at the time when they voted me up, so they seemed incredibly opportunistic to me. I've seen scum vote up players claiming they want a policy lynch more than I've seen town do it. However, I think it is unlikely both are scum, claiming you want a policy lynch within the first few pages is suspicious enough that two scum would probably not do it together. I'm not sure which is more suspicious. Popo has supplied less content than Lapsa, but Lapsa only claimed he wanted me policy lynched after Popo.
I have mostly neutral reads on everyone else at the moment.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:01 am

Why did you vote for Malakittens Nosferatu? I looked through their ISO and saw nothing suspicious except their vote on Umlaut, which seemed pretty weak. Was it because of that?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:13 am

Why do you think Lapsa is scum? You've said little about them. Also, why was pingy, do you think Mala and Gamma are bussing?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:17 am

EBWOP I mean pushing a wagon together, confused what I thought Umlaut might have been doing earlier with Gamma and Mala's interactions.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:55 am

Here are some questions for various players:
Tictac, why did my post ping you?
Nosferatu, why did you want Malakittens wagoned?
Purrcocet, why did you want Gamma Emerald voted up in ?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:47 pm

What do you mean by that Io? You said in that you thought Lapsa was scum because they might be bussing Mala. That doesn't indicate you believe scum never vote for their allies.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:57 am

Answer to :
I do consider my questions to be scumhunting, the answers provide information I want to know about. In retrospect, Davesaz plays similarly to me. He often asks people lots of questions such as in , , , and . I just tend to give all my questions in one post.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:46 am

The reason I've been asking questions so much is because there have been a lot of people asking for people to be lynched without cases presented or posting reads without anything to back them up like in or . Its hard to know whether to support or go against a wagon when you don't even know why people are voting. Also, I find reads with no cases presented suspicious because scum like to throw reads out there to make it seem as if they are making progress with their scumhunting and thus I will naturally question them. Right now, my biggest scumreads are Popo and Lapsa as I said in , I've been trying to figure out whether they are just bad townies or scum taking the low hanging fruit for a while. Right now, I'm leaning Lapsa as scum and Popo as bad townie. I"ll make my case as to why I think that after dinner.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:12 pm

I don't like your latest post dave. Given that one of Saudade's stated reasons for voting me was because I alienated myself from other players, it seems obvious he thinks I'm scummy because of that. Also, the other question is one that depends on someone's opinion and that varies with no correct answer, I don't understand how that adds to the game or could change your opinion of a player.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:22 pm

What AI information were you hoping to get out of dave?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:55 pm

As I said earlier, I decided that Lapsa was probably scum and Popo town. I believe this because most scum will not make since it limits their options by making any push on someone other than me in the future suspicious. It would be very odd for someone who really wants me policy lynched to vote another person and they would probably get lynched for not providing content in the late game. However, Lapsa has mostly been wishy-washy in their voting and
have changed their opinions with little reasoning involved. For instance, they seemed to suspect tictac or at the very least didn't like something he said in , then suddenly wanted me policy lynched in , only to later sheep someone else in . They've also made some shitposts like and . Overall, they have only shaded people and voted for weak reasons.
VOTE: Lapsa
In addition, I am currently townreading Gamma Emerald because the progression from to seemed natural. Umlaut didn't seem more vulnerable to a lynch than Tictac, so I believe that GE is a town player really trying to sort others.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #20) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:59 pm

I don't understand why Saudade thinks I haven't given stances. I've given many reads and opinions throughout this thread, in fact I think I've taken more stances than many other players. Also, can people respond to ? Do they agree or disagree with the points raised there?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #21) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:17 pm

Just so you know, the setup is only known by the mod. However, certain roles are not usually allowed like cult leaders due to the fact most people think they are hard to balance.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #22) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:18 pm

Also, neutral roles like the SK can appear, but its mostly a conflict between town and mafia.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #23) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:37 pm

I just noticed you're miscounting my vote mod.Can you fix it?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #24) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:05 pm

Look,Nos, why are you doing this when one or two sentences explaining your reason for voting would suffice? I know you may not put much faith in my questioning, but it can't be that hard to give an answer.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #25) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:29 pm

Keeping in mind that a scum you would probably have no need to make such a big deal over a minor point, I think you are probably gambitting to make yourself more suspicious in order to test reactions.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #26) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:11 am

Examining recent posts, I found something that caused me to become confused. Dave what or who are you getting town vibes from in ? Are you talking about Saudade, Lapsa, or something else?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #27) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:24 am

Evolved reads from last few pages:
Io is my best townread because I think they are putting more effort in solving the game than almost anyone else and most scum would not make the mistakes they are making. In addition, they are at the very least being open about their thought process and accepting of new ideas.
I believe Gamma Emerald is likely town because many of the allegations against him seem weak to me(posts can vary in size and complexity after all.) Also, his reads have progressed, which is better than what many other people can claim.
Lapsa- Lapsa's behavior is still erratic and their suspicion of GE is really weird. I don't want to move my vote from him until he starts explaining himself and tries to help the town.
Popopo-I'm not sure what his alignment is, but he's not the best lynch today. I would prefer him lynched late game or shot by vig.
Tictac-I have a mild scum read on him due to most of his votes being weak and the fact that he doesn't seem invested in scumhunting. I think he's just trying to lurk in the background while other people are suspected.
Hugo Stilez-null due to lack of content
Scioness Sajj-Null-scum, I don't like the fact that they haven't really pushed their scumread all that much and voted with little explanation. In fact, they are only giving questions to other people, which seems like actual coasting to me. I really want to see more from them and get some more information about their reads.
Nosferatu-Slight scum for making a lot of shitposts, asking for malakittens to be wagoned without reasoning(potential bussing), and employing a gambit only to not really do anything with the results. Also the Io vote and unvote was odd, why did they vote in the first place if they thought she wasn't a good lynch candidate?
Purrcocet- Is mostly null due to a lack of AI content, but I don't like their push against GE due to it seeming like tunneling. This player needs to be sorted properly because they have been under little to no pressure and have offered little content to the game.
Akarin-Null due to lack of content. I don't like the naked vote on Dave, but I feel like he wouldn't be someone that scum would try to push at this stage with easier lynches available. Like Purrcocet,I think they need to be sorted.
Davesaz-Slight town for making logical arguments, posting opinions at times like the Lapsa scumread and Saudade townread, and seeming like they want to solve the game. Their questioning seems like part of their playstyle, so i"m not scumreading them for that.
Garmr-null for only having one AI post, I want them to come back from their VLA so I can get a better read on them.
Saudade-scum for tunneling me while throwing out random reads like Mala being town and purcoccet being scary without explanation. I think its odd they have good arguments to give for my lynch,but are very lazy when giving reads or talking about other people than me. Their opinion on me doesn't seem natural.
Malakittens-Mostly Null, I disliked the vote against Umlaut, but he didn't look like someone weak to a push. It's probable they just have different opinions when it comes to scumhunting. The fact that they pushed Nosferatu was suspicious because it felt like taking an easy justification for a vote, however they also gave him time to respond and only voted after he refused to talk,which I can get because I also disliked Nos's behavior. They have had a mix of scummy and towny moments, so they mostly balance out in my mind.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #28) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:27 am

Phew, that last post took forever to make.I need some rest before going to analyze the last few pages to see if I missed anything.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #29) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:39 am

Excepting your comment about my reason for thinking they are probably not the same allignment, which I explained in , your points were mostly good. I'm no longer sure of Popo being a bad townie and would like him to get lynched at some point in the game, but not this day.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #30) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:53 am

Rationalizing my read of you with evidence is not OMGUS. I don't like the fact that you can come up with arguments against me in posts like and and then also post lazy reads without evidence like in , ,and and . You are just tunneling me while pretending you are actually interested in scumhunting.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #31) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:01 am

Except for a few players, there was almost nobody talking about Lapsa at the time when I made .I wanted to know everyone's opinions about him, I figured that would generate AI content assuming he was flipped in the future.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #32) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:41 am

Now, the main reason I haven't liked Nos for a while is I feel like I know little about him or what he believes, that shouldn't be the case for the top poster. The first game-relevant post he made was , where he said it was a bad idea to lynch me D1, which was either his fourteenth or fifteenth. Also, I haven't heard him talk about many players other than me. Even his gambit seems weird to me, does not sound like someone's who's satisfied their gambit is going perfectly okay. I think he only decided to do it when he began to ask me questions in . Therefore I am at a loss to explain and that doesn't sit well with me since I agree with . I would like a reads list similar to the one I posted from him to know where he stands after all these posts.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #33) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Answer to
I'd assume you'd think I'm nullish due to saying I look towny in and I appear like scum in .
I think you believe Io is scum, but don't want her lynched on D1, similar to how I feel about Popo.
You probably don't think highly of Dave based on your comments in and .
You are probably null on Mala due to starting the wagon in order to sort people and seeming to accept her explanation in .
I'm not sure of your reads on other people.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #34) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:17 pm

By the way, who is Xoxo?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #35) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Look at that, my question was answered before I even posted it.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #36) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:45 am

Even if you found both and suspicious, why did you not vote Gamma until now Lapsa? For instance, why did you vote for Nosferatu over him in ?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #37) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:27 am

Reading was quite discomforting to me. First Tictac started out by saying that Gamma might be scum due to having an informed POV, but that was because Gamma was acting differently than usual and breaking their meta read. Any player has a general knowledge of their own meta and can change it, so I don't see what the problem is. Then they went on say another post looked towny, but could have been made by scum, ending that section with no conclusion. Afterwards there were a few comments on posts, but several were completely irrelevant to the game and the only two that contained actual content involved agreeing with other's points. I feel like that post has little substance despite being relatively long.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (isolation #38) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Purrcocet, what did you mean when you said Lapsa pointed out Akarin as town in ? I don't think that happened.

Akarin, thank you for explaining your vote without me asking you, though I have to wonder why you didn't do it earlier.

I agree with because I think that scum like to try to make it seem as if they are producing new content while saying nothing at all. Common techniques involve making a lot of irrelevant posts, summarizing the game while coming to few conclusions, and asking people for information while not using that information to make reads. That's part of the issue I have with Tictac right now, several of his posts feature a lot of commenting, but little solving. For instance, in he gives one word answers to various questions and finishes by sheeping someone else. He's a player I would like to see a readslist from because I know little about what he thinks of the game so far. I also have issues with Saudade doing this, as I outlined in . His ISO is littered with naked calls for my lynch, reads made with little explanation, and shitposts.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (isolation #39) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:34 am

Tictac, what is this other reason you think Gamma is scum? Also, why did you change your vote? What makes Scioness more scummy than Gamma to you?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (isolation #40) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:38 pm

Gamma Emerald, why do you think is towny? The length of a person's posts does not affect whether they are likely to be scum or town, so I don't see why you would like his vote so much.

Tictac, can you give a readslist as I asked you too in ?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (isolation #41) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:40 pm

I've been having trouble keeping up with the thread lately, I really want the weekend to come so I can have some free time.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (isolation #42) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:47 am

The only town-motivated reason I can think of for Popo acting this way when he can play better is if he wants to test people's reactions and see who pushes him. However, that is unlikely since I think he would have done something with this gambit by now and wouldn't have risked making himself so suspicious that nobody would trust what he says, potentially getting himself lynched anyway.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (isolation #43) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:27 am

Saudade, you haven't made a case against me for a long time, I would really like to know why you are so interested in tunneling me.

Dave, why do you find me scummy? I remember you talking about a scumtell, but I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Tictac, why have you been ignoring me? Are you not interested in elaborating on your reads at this point in time?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (isolation #44) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:56 am

Why do you think being reactionary is scummy Saudade? Also, how have I been reactionary? I think I've replied to people directly questioning me, but so has everyone else.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (isolation #45) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:01 am

Mod, I have a question? Would talking about how Saudade acted in a game I'm currently playing that he replaced out of be breaking a rule?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (isolation #46) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:11 am

Figured as much, well then lets just say I think Saudade is acting unusual and I don't know why.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (isolation #47) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:34 am

Technically, Saudade did change his reason for wanting me lynched. He initially said I was scummy for "alienating" myself and not taking stances. Now he claims I'm being reactionary. In both cases, I didn't really understand his logic as the claims that I was alienating myself and being reactionary were kind of vague without actual examples to back them up.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (isolation #48) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:39 am

Anyways, Io, what's your opinion of Saudade? Have you played with him before, if so, then is he prone to doing this sort of thing?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (isolation #49) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:56 am

Io, why did you explain Saudade's reasons for voting me instead of letting him do it?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (isolation #50) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:30 am

GE, why do you think that Io's error is something that looks scummy?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (isolation #51) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:16 am

I don't like how Tictac has not been answering my questions and has generally been extremely unhelpful this game. Most of their posts have been worthless or contain little content relative to their size like I think this deserves a push.
VOTE: tictac
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (isolation #52) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:27 pm

I don't like that Tictac is continually dodging my question, I asked for reads because I wanted to know their stances on the players since they've been relatively quiet this game.Instead they've just ignored my request and not understood why I was scumreading them. I've disliked them for a while because both of their main votes were for relatively weak reasons, especially the one on Gamma, and they seemed to take a fencesitting position on their supposed scumreads. I think its very odd to say someone is scum and then go talking about how some of their posts could have made by their town self. I'm not scumreading them because they attempted to resolve a conflicted read, its because they suddenly waffled on someone they said was scum earlier.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (isolation #53) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:44 pm

Can someone comment on my case against Tictac and say whether they agree or disagree with my points? Its been ignored for some reason so far. Even if nobody is interested in voting him right now, I would still like to know where others stand.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (isolation #54) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:55 am

I am new to forum mafia, this is my third game in this format.

I'd still like other people to reply to my though, I think the players in this game have been strangely silent when it concerns him.

Performer, why is Umlaut replacing out because he didn't have time towny? Any player could become busy enough that they can't post, regardless of allignment. Also, do you think that Scioness wasn't coasting since you put it in quotation marks? If you believe she was accused unfairly, then why is Nos voting her because of that towny?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (isolation #55) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:01 am

Also, I like the new avatars everyone is getting. Purrrcocet, Gamma Emerald, and Io all have better ones in my opinion.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (isolation #56) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:44 pm

Io, I was answering Performer's question in and wasn't making an excuse for bad play. I think the only other time me being new came up was in when I answered my own question about my experience at mafia.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (isolation #57) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:20 am

I liked Tictac's take on me in , it was different from other reads on me and seemed to be relatively well-reasoned. I still want to know their opinions on other players though, they still haven't given the readslist I asked for.

I didn't like , at the time Hugo probably thought it put Dave at L-1 due to what Nos said. It seemed odd that they voted for him at such an important moment after not talking about him for the entire game simply because they wanted day 2 to come. It seemed kind of lazy and expressed an apathetic attitude which you don't often see from townies interested in scumhunting.

Also, Dave, why is Garmr in your lynchpool, is it because he pushed you?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (isolation #58) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:09 pm

I don't understand why you wouldn't unvote, a vigilante can prove themselves easily. There's no reason to try and lynch him d1.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (isolation #59) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:07 pm

I don't understand what tone change you are referring to Dave? Are you saying I stopped asking questions because Io said they thought it was scummy? I don't think that is correct since I didn't stop doing it as posts like , , and can attest.

Also, you didn't say you wanted Lapsa lynched in . What caused you to change your mind?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (isolation #60) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:32 am

Garmr, what is your opinion on Performer? You said he should vote Dave if he wants to live in , does that mean you think he's town?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (isolation #61) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:44 am

I've been reviewing everyone's ISO's and Mala's seems the worst to me in retrospect. Malakittens has not really had any strong pushes. They have only voted two people, one of which was in RVS and other was over Nosferatu's naked vote, which they withdrew from very quickly as others have noticed. They have seemed reluctant to push anyone. Overall, I've narrowed down my lynch pool to them and the more unhelpful people(Lapsa, Popo, Hugo, and Purrcocet). I've been liking Performer's posts so far, however I would like to see his thoughts on the Dave wagon and subsequent claim. He was completely absent yesterday.

VOTE: Malakittens
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (isolation #62) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:53 am

EBWOP, I meant to say they only voted three people. I accidentally wrote down two and then left out one. Still, that push wasn't really a strong one either. Gamma said it pinged him first and then Mala said the same. In both of their non RVS votes, Mala voted someone using the same logic another player used earlier. They haven't voted for anybody independently and have taken few stances.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (isolation #63) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:03 am

I interpreted Garmr's differently. I thought that by saying "everyone else vote Dave", he was asking those voting Performer to switch to Dave. To me it seemed like he disapproved of the Performer wagon and wanted Dave voted up instead, therefore I thought he believed Performer was probably town.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (isolation #64) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:47 am

Performer, why do you think I am not town? You seemed to not believe the accusations against me earlier and questioned why my content was appeasing, did something happen that changed your opinion? Also, you have some incorrect information, I never scumread Dave. I've said I townread Dave multiple times in posts like and .
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (isolation #65) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:50 am

Also, I didn't like . Plenty of people have gone after me this game, he's hardly not being listened to. That seems like a setup for a quickhammer.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (isolation #66) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:13 pm

One thing that has been bothering me for a while is that Malakittens has been cased, but not put under serious pressure. Despite ,, , , and , they haven't been voted very much. That's what I thought was so weird about Tictac, the lack of responses others gave to my cases and push was odd. I think it is a scumtell when a player is not really pressured despite others saying they are scummy since it usually indicates scum don't want to push the player.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (isolation #67) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:48 am

GE, what's your opinion of Performer now? You voted him in , but then voted who he was scumreading in . What did he do that changed your read of him?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1177 (isolation #68) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:21 am

I also think that making the push against Akarin seems towny, not because I agree that her behavior is scummy, but because it shows he is actively trying to sort others. It would be easy for him to only focus on getting someone else lynched and therefore saving himself, but he's instead describing how his reads are changing and trying to engage others. I previously scumread Scioness because I thought she wasn't taking many stances and was just throwing a few comments out to make it seem as if she was scumhunting while not actually doing it. Performer has changed that by being open about his opinions and having a more active presence in the game. In light of this, the people who are voting him while talking about all the things Scion did like Purrcocet seem to have thin justification for their votes. I think their reads should have evolved and the fact that they haven't make them seem artificial. Also, I would like an explanation from Nos as to what he meant in by I'll trust, I didn't understand what he was saying.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1240 (isolation #69) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:09 am

Sorry I couldn't help more today, I just got home from work, it was a pretty busy day.
Malakittens, what was your role?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1252 (isolation #70) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:56 am

seems weird,it occurs right after Akarin says that both Performer and Mala are at L-2. Given that Saudade said he would hammer the next l-1, putting Mala at L-1 suddenly was essentially the same as hammering. I think he could have been trying to get off the Mala wagon so he would look less suspicious, but then suddenly jumped back on to save Performer. If Performer is scum, then I think Lapsa is a likely teammate.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1262 (isolation #71) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:12 pm

GE, why did you vote Akarin anyways? Did you believe there was a chance she was going to get lynched? Also, what was your read on Mala before you voted her? I looked through your ISO and saw little discussion on her.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1264 (isolation #72) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Garmr, I unfortunately think its more likely Mala is going to flip town than not at this point because of . Townies like to post their reads and opinions when they are lynched to try and help the town. Scum have less reason to do that as their fake reads will probably be ignored.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (isolation #73) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:01 pm

Hugo, what conclusions have you drawn based on the recent flips?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (isolation #74) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:14 pm

Saudade, you seem to suspect Performer since you made , how did you form that read?

Performer, the Mala lynch does make you look more suspicious since you were the other main wagon and it also made me dislike Lapsa more due to his inexplicable voting. The other flips don't mean much since Popo was a low content poster who I thought might be vigged and has few associations while Dave was the obvious nk target. Right now I'm not sure if you are the best wagon, I would prefer to get more content from the low-content posters first. Hugo said he scumhunts better with flips, so I would like to know what he thinks now.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (isolation #75) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:34 am

Performer, why did you move your vote off Tictac? You said he was your number one suspect if Malakittens flipped town. Then you voted Garmr for the weak reasons that Dave scumread him and he tried to fake a townslip. I think Garmr's mistake is not AI since he answered a question about why Dave died prior to making that post, I don't think he would have done that if he was planning on making a fake townslip. Also, Dave townread Tictac in and you evidently disagree with the conclusion he reached there, so why are you assuming he is right about Garmr and not Tictac?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1383 (isolation #76) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:53 am

I won't suspect someone solely because they were the first to answer my RQS questions, that's a trend I've noticed, not a definitive scumtell. Also, when I voted Tictac, I had far better reasons to scumread them than that. I don't get why you are bringing this up now Lapsa, why didn't you say my read on Tictac didn't progress naturally back on day 1 when I was actually pushing them?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1384 (isolation #77) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:55 am

I'm thinking my lynchpool for today will be everyone besides Io, Gamma, and Garmr. They are my only real confident townreads at this point.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (isolation #78) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:27 am

I think that Saudade is wrong about me not talking to him, I've given opinions about him and the cases he's made on me in various posts like , , , , , and . However, despite this this he has never really had a real conversation with me or even considered I might be town. Meanwhile I've tried to sort him by asking questions about his reads such as in , but he has said nothing about it. I'm not sure right now whether Saudade is just scum pushing me or a bad townie. I've seen him tunnel people while absolutely certain they are scum in a previous game I had with him where he targeted Garmr, so I think this just might be natural for him. However, I do have my eye on him for now.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1391 (isolation #79) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:37 am

Also, Performer, the only reason I haven't voted Saudade up yet is because I have had many scumreads throughout this game and there were always people who I thought were better candidates for a vote. In this case, I believe you are more scummy due to ignoring Garmr's points against you and passing his argument off as ATE. Your latest posts haven't made me feel better, especially since you are saying you think something is weird from people not scumreading those who scumread them. I don't believe that all people pushing against me while I'm town are scum, so I think that the argument is weak and based on poor logic. Overall, posts like and seem more like attempts to change the subject than anything else.

VOTE: Performer
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1426 (isolation #80) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Akarin, I asked Lapsa why he was bringing up my Tictac read now because I was confused about whether he had just now noticed those posts or had been bothered by it earlier. I wanted some insight into how Lapsa's opinion of me and other players have changed over the game and what he has been doing to scumhunt. Also, I like your recent posts, your questions are different from what others have asked and seem to show you trying to sort slots like mine, Hugo's, and Gamma's. The cases you've made against Dave and Performer also raised valid points that nobody else had brought up yet. I think that's enough to give you a light townread for now.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1427 (isolation #81) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:35 pm

Io, what do you like about Saudade? I thought that Purr was your only townread as you stated in ?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (isolation #82) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:01 am

I wonder if we've got an even night vigilante, that would be nice right now.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (isolation #83) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:08 am

I don't expect townies to quickhammer like that Lapsa. Yesterday his threat to quickhammer was at least slightly excusable since it was really late in the day. This incident and his tunneling of me have basically made him 100% scum in my mind. Unless Performer flips scum, which is unlikely due to the hammer, he should get shot tonight.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (isolation #84) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:24 am

Lapsa, I wasn't talking to Saudade in , I was just voicing my frustration over the unfair accusation that I wasn't talking to him when I felt that it was the other way around. As for being collected, I think that's just the way I try to usually speak.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1477 (isolation #85) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:36 am

Purrcocet, I guess there is a small possibility that Performer could flip scum, but the majority of the time quickhammering is done by scum in my experience. Regardless, I don't like this day's ending. I wanted to see more of players like Hugo, Akarin, and Tictac before the final lynch. I also didn't get to see Performer reply to Garmr's case, give a defense, or claim. Ending the day this early is almost always anti-town.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (isolation #86) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:54 am

I'm not dodging your questions Lapsa, I just don't understand them sometimes. For instance, I initially didn't get what you meant by me being collected in . As for , I thought you believed I was speaking to Saudade, was I wrong about that?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1487 (isolation #87) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:03 am

Well, I only talking to Performer in . was just me saying some of my thoughts about Saudade out loud. I guess we had a misunderstanding.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (isolation #88) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:44 am

Akarin, did you believe that Saudade was going to hammer Performer if you put him to L-1 when you made ?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1515 (isolation #89) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:54 pm

I wonder why the mod didn't make it clear who the vigilante killed and who died from the mafia this time. Regardless, I think Akarin was probably the vig shot, Io was more widely townread and Akarin seemed lynchable enough that I doubt scum would have killed them unless they knew she was a PR. Therefore, if it turns out Io was actually vigged, that probably means the scum have an investigative role of some kind.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1516 (isolation #90) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:59 pm

Whoever the vigilante is, I'm going to have some words with them in the postgame for not shooting Saudade.
VOTE: Saudade
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1535 (isolation #91) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:11 am

VOTE: Tictac
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1536 (isolation #92) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:13 am

VOTE: tictac
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (isolation #93) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:47 am

GG, I noticed Akarin's breadcrumb and asked the scumteam to kill her, that was how she died without the mafia team having any investigative roles. Also, I am not an alt Performer. Finally, why did you shoot Io Lapsa?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1559 (isolation #94) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:51 am

I'm still in shock Nos wasn't the traitor though.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (isolation #95) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:18 am

I also made a large fake breadcrumb in case I was pressured d1. Look at my ISO and pay attention to the first letters I use in my post, you may start to see it.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1614 (isolation #96) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:57 am

Would you say I did well at being scum Garmr? I felt like I was really bad at looking like town throughout the game with so many people being suspicious of me.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1627 (isolation #97) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:52 am

Tictac, how surprised were you when the quickhammer happened? Just so you know, Saudade nearly stopped it from happening. He said he thought it was a "cheap" tactic.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”