the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by the worst »

By comparison check a50's sharing is caring where she had give or take the entire scumteam down d1 and spotted several theatre attempts but was lower energy
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Toranaga »

well she is pushing nada here
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I'll maintain that both wolves are in ausuka/nsg/dunn and if we kill all of them we win the game most of the time

if you wanna lynch dunn this gameday, I'm not gonna stop you.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by Flicker »

Votecount 2.20

Dunnstral (3)
- northsidegal , Ausuka , Irrelephant11
northsidegal (2)
- Toranaga , Keyser Söze
Ausuka (2)
- Eragon , Reundo
Keyser Söze (1)
- Nauci

Not voting: Dunnstral , the worst

The deadline for Day 2 is 2:17 pm CT on Thursday, September 20, in (expired on 2018-09-20 15:17:24).

Mod notes
  • - The worst is V/LA until September 17th.
    - Nauci is V/LA until September 18.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1251, Toranaga wrote:well she is pushing nada here
wrong? like, i'm still pushing for dunnstral's lynch. i'm not sure how you can say that that isn't what i'm doing
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Nauci »

VOTE: dunnstral no time to post but I'll be slightly useful this way gl
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1223, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1176, Keyser Söze wrote:Dunnstral:

- defends scum
- opposes wagon on scum
- attacks town
- encourages wagon on town
- not motivated (or happy to be seen to not be motivated) about scum hunting
- no pro-active urgency demonstrated while being the lead wagon today
- weak ISO
- zero town cred won from D1 (Volxen bud was there for the taking)
- zero motivation to gain town cred for D2
- Lame OMGUS read
- minimal WIM

Tora opened up my eyes to town read him via WIFOM.

Scum-Dunstral would never survive to LYLO playing like this.

Proof of the pudding: he’s been in nearly everybody’s POE today, and likely some people will even want to kickstart his wagon before the deadline.
like that same viewpoint is reflected here and in my opinion it's entirely counterintuitive - you're recognizing a lot of reasons for why dunnstral is scum and then coming to the conclusion that "no way would he make it that obvious if he were scum"

and to that i would say

sometimes maybe you should keep it simple and see what happens
True, sometimes the simple answer is the right one - but is Dunnstral really this shit as scum?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

not sure how much of an authority i am to speak on the subject, although a line i remember from team mafia is "scum!dunn is incapable of original thought"
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Oh dear.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1257, northsidegal wrote:not sure how much of an authority i am to speak on the subject, although a line i remember from team mafia is "scum!dunn is incapable of original thought"
First of all, I'll argue that I've shown original thought in this game, I just haven't posted much admittedly (but so what?)

Second of all, I think that line was from salty guy who also incorrectly read me that game or something along those lines. Either way our team was 4 town in team mafia
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

And I was obvious town in team mafia I think, unless I'm misremembering
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by Nauci »

just gave the briefest of glances at the posts since I actually read the thread

what the hell is going on

where is reundo

is there anything that should change my previous read that scum is in <keyser, dunn, tw, eragon> besides toranga's nsg crusade

I'll try to put some time towards this tomorrow but I'm helping a friend finally dump the most massive of assholes and move her metalworking equipment :o
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1260, Dunnstral wrote:And I was obvious town in team mafia I think, unless I'm misremembering
if it's not you then who's scum
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1254, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1251, Toranaga wrote:well she is pushing nada here
wrong? like, i'm still pushing for dunnstral's lynch. i'm not sure how you can say that that isn't what i'm doing
you're pushing a slot that many people want lynched and they've cased/tried to figure him out a lot harder than you did

and that's the only player you're pushing to any noticeable extent. I read the game you were low effort in and it's not like that at all.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

@Eragon - sorry to be annoying again but I don't think your vote is where your current reads are.

Would you say (Dunnstral, Keyser) has more chance of flipping scum than (Ausuka)?

Can you also explain why you labelled NSG “probable scum” too.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1260, Dunnstral wrote:And I was obvious town in team mafia I think, unless I'm misremembering
@Dunnstral - I’ve said some bad things against you as a player (sorry bro, just out of my frustration to try to explain my WIFOM town read on you)
But do you think my read on you sounds rational? Or am I being stupid for town reading all the ‘bad’/‘scummy’ choices you have made?

An updated readslist from you would be a benefit too I think. Perhaps a sentence or two on each player, as a lot has been posted since your last contribution.
Reundo
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:07 am

Post by Reundo »

I'm back.

I think I was town-reading Dunn at some point during D2, but going back through his ISO I'm a bit less confident on that. I'm still hesitate about lynched him, mostly surrounding his interactions with volxen D1. Dunn was pretty strapped for some town-cred during D1, so I don't really think that as scum he'd want to defend his already scummy looking partner -- it'll basically lock in his lynch as soon as volxen's lynched. Even though it seemed like attention was shifting more to Sesq during the latter half of D1, there was still a fairly probable chance that volxen would still be lynched, so him doubling down on the sesq lynch -- even going as far as to town-read his own partner -- didn't seem like the most optimal scum plan. I'd feel as scum he'd be more inclined to bus his partner there and try to reap some town-cred instead of further digging his grave by associating himself with volxen so heavily. It's also clear he has no intentions of presenting himself as towny going into D2, which makes him hard to read admittedly, but also doesn't fall much in line with a scum agenda. Still, there are a few things about him that are a bit iffy, such as that time he almost seemed to forgot he even town-read volxen. Also, him complaining about Sesq question dodging while also dodging my question about how Sesq's question dodging was scum-indicative was also pretty yuck. I feel he has a decent enough chance of flipping town regardless, though.

Northsidegal can be credited with starting the momentum behind the counter-wagon on Sesq (Dunn was also voting Sesq, but that was before the counter-wagon on volxen and no one seemed to really care about his reasoning). I guess starting a counter-wagon to the wagon on your scum-buddy could be scum-indicative, but in that scenario I feel scum would just be content to see their partner lynched there. Being the front of a wagon she'd know would flip town (unless the pair is north/sesq/volx... yuck) would already not be a good look for her, but if the attention would ever divert back to volxen (which it did) then it'd make her look worse, and I don't see any scum agenda in putting herself in a lose-lose situation like that. Her reasons for town-reading volxen were plausible, and it would make sense why she'd want to lynch Sesq if she under-performed in comparison to her last town game. It's a bit suspicious that her peak moments of game-solving came right when volxen was about to be lynched, but it also coincides with the worst replacing in so idk. She also didn't seem to care about me town-reading Sesq, so that's another knock against me, but in a nutshell I think scum wouldn't be inclined to stick her head out as much as she did.

I still think Ausuka is a good lynch. My biggest town-points from her were because of her reads-list since I didn't see much scum motivation in town-reading a lot of the potential lynch pool, but that slowly evaporated when she showed she was willing to back down from e read because "people disagreed with her" and that she was willing to hop onto the Sesq wagon despite her tr on them because it was probably trash. The associations between her and volxen are also plausible from a scum persepctive -- she initially thought volxen was "active lurking" in her reads list, which gave her a good enough reason to bus volxen when it was clear he was about to be lynched, then when attention shifted to Sesq she decided her partner was no longer at much risk for being lynched so she jumped back onto Sesq. She later gave a semi-scumread of volxen later on, which gave her another excuse to bus him when lynching volxen once again became the hip new thing. As far as her D2 goes, her vote on me would almost be too bad to come from scum but it almost seems like she's sr'ing me for sr'ing her since I did voice some concerns about her just before then.

Most of that is going based off of just D1 so I might need to do a re-read to refresh my thoughts, but in a nutshell I'm most hesistant against a northsidegal lynch, semi-hesistant against a Dunn lynch, and not really that hesitant against an Ausuka lynch as well. I feel that people are almost too eager to lynch Ausuka though, so that's throwing me off a little, so I might consider starting a counter-wagon at some point. Also, Nauci is oozing town, and that's after considering possible buddying with regards to her high praises of me (which I appreciate a lot, fwiw :oops:), so everyone suspecting her is probably sus af.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Toranaga »

holy wall jesus christ
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:27 am

Post by Toranaga »

yeah idk man

I think dunn gets lynched regardless of this read on him

I think with you that at least 3 if not more people, that think the way he defended volxen doesnt really happen as svs. I'm the one who initially postulated this idea ITT and I think it's correct, but it's absolutely very very thin and his attitude/posts outside of that are not towny. it's quite the hero read given the context where dunn is just potatoing the game really hard.

I absolutely don't understand anything on your paragraph about NSG. also I think between her and ausuka, ausuka is a lot townier and the town between the two if there is one town between the two.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:31 am

Post by Toranaga »

I should ISO reundo and read him with attention now that I think of it.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:03 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

UNVOTE:
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Nauci »

UNVOTE:
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Nauci »

during my catch up d1 I had dunn as town just based on vca

I'll reconsider until I can iso
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Eragon »

this may seem a bit off-topic, but what was the *general* read on dunnstral at the end of D1?

I dont mean individually, but did most people seem to SR him, TR him, or NR him?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:35 pm

Post by Toranaga »

Return to “Completed Open Games”