Lynching

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, in today's society walking around wearing a t-shirt with the word lynch on it (or sentenced to death) is prob not the best idea
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5, Lycanfire wrote:"I like hanging with my friends @ mafiascum.net" is probably a good slogan.
As if were a friendly game.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

i mean
In the United States, the origin of the terms lynching and lynch law is traditionally attributed to a Virginia Quaker named Charles Lynch.[12]:23ff Charles Lynch (1736–1796) was a Virginia planter and American Revolutionary who headed a county court in Virginia which incarcerated Loyalist supporters of the British for up to one year during the war.
Lynch was not accused of racist bias. He acquitted blacks accused of murder on three separate occasions.
In several incidents in 1780, Lynch and several other militia officers and justices of the peace rounded up suspects who were thought to be a part of a Loyalist uprising in southwestern Virginia. The suspects were given a summary trial at an informal court; sentences handed down included whipping, property seizure, coerced pledges of allegiance, and conscription into the military.
So I don't think the term "lynch" is really racist though in this day and age it's too closely linked to racism ro be used outside of this site.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”