Can this ever work in town's favor?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:31 am

Post by OkaPoka »

I don't know if this would count as encryption but I could see a possible way in which it benefits town.

Someone would have to create an extremely comprehensive spreadsheet with every possible action and result.

for example if you are cop and you targeted the third player with a return of guilty, you would submit something like 3(target third player) 2 (guilty). But since some roles have more inputs and outputs than others like PGOs vs a JOAT vs multitasker, you would submit a string of numbers based on the spreadsheet like 3512 and thus if you die, by checking the spreadsheet, the 5 and 1 would be ultimately meaningless, but the spreadsheet would say only the first and fourth characters of the string of relevance for cops while it isn't worth it for scum to check out all the possible combinations for outputs because vanilla would just submit random strings etc. Ideally your string would be 100 characters long or more with numbers, symbols, and letters and then specific roles have unique locations that matter. Also in this ideal world, everyone thinks carefully about what they submit so they don't make it obvious with a string like 5AAAAAAAAAA4AAAAAAAA1 vs 5asd39x2nm5a4adm0321 if you know what I mean.

it might be a gray area because its another layer of hypoclaiming with an extra layer of obscurity and the "encryption key" would be your role. but really isnt hypoclaiming just an easier to solve level of encryption.

dont know if that was understandable
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:35 am

Post by OkaPoka »

and if the above counts as encryption i have a way to bypass it.

someone would have to come up with a way to generate every single role's actions and results and shit.

then write a program in which you input what you actually did so for ex: I am Cop and I targeted Person A, getting the result of guilty.

Then the program would spit that out along with every single role in the game and a randomized actions with a randomized result, jumble up the order.

thus its no longer encryption i believe.

im not good at programming but i think is doable with normal game queue setups

edit: not random as in 50/50 for cop guilties either, it should be weighted

Return to “Mafia Discussion”