Votecount 3.08

the worst (3)
- Irrelephant11 , Nauci , Toranaga
Reundo (2)
- the worst , northsidegal
Keyser Söze (1)
- Reundo

Not voting: Eragon , Keyser Söze

The deadline for Day 3 is 6:27 pm CT on Thursday, October 4, in (expired on 2018-10-04 19:27:24).
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm laughing so hard rn
Keyser meltdown 11/10
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

meh

huntress' top scumread was keyser

ausukas' as well? dont remember
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1063, Ausuka wrote:{Nauci, Irrelephant, Keyser}
{nsg, (will just trust nauci on this particular read since I'm low on towns anyway) dunnstral}
{Eragon, the worst, Toranga}
{reundo}

about here, i'm probably missing something
Her s/read of Eragon deepens by the end (votes there).
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:51 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1921, Nauci wrote:Pivoting to new viable mislynch targets as scum is an art form and I've only seen Irrelephant11 do it with absolute grace on this site
you are too nice :oops:
:lol:
Ummm I really do want to do some re-reading given the dunn flip
And we have like a week so idk why everyone makes it feel like the day is about to end and we have to rush
Obv we won't need all that time but like, a couple days would be nice

Just based on this gameday alone I think tw is the correct lynch
Something from last time he was scum where he said a thing like "when I'm scum you can tell I just want outttt" and his exhaustion here is reading scum in a game that has me so energized for flipping scum twice in a row
But yeah, I'll be re-reading more today
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:52 am

Post by Eragon »

k im actually having some time rn and will catchup
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:54 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Moreover, I want to apologise for putting Reundo to L-1 yesterday without them actually defending their slot.

We have time to wait for their full catchup.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:24 am

Post by Eragon »

Spoiler:
In post 1876, Nauci wrote:I'm not loving Toranaga's posts today

idk if it means scum reading or anything just

I don't like the posts themselves

okay super busy through Monday I finally do my training to foster kittens in the morning! ~toodles
1. i dont really see anything bad with tora here>
2. KITTENS!!!!!!
In post 1895, Keyser Söze wrote:I preferably want a TW vs Reundo fight to the death today.
puncho puncho
In post 1901, the worst wrote:look I feel about as good as the Reundo solve as you all probably do on the TW solve so there's a world where it's wrong. the only potential solves I see in guilty conscience here are {Keyser, Tora} and there's a very fine line between nuance and guilt

Era feels like a wolf today but he's probably just...nott.....

NSG is right, if you think NSG is scum you're bad at mafia. even if she's scum. if Rel is scum I'll quit mafia etc. etc. Nauci is kinda harder to townread than usual but she's almost certainly town by gamestate and PoE
i dont think tora is scum at all and im starting to doubt my keyser read

why do you think i feel scummy today, when i've only posted a couple times?
In post 1905, the worst wrote:I mean his fakeclaim was meme levels of scum flailing
does like...anyone disagree? lmao

pedit: GNB's posting was garbage
look at any of his other games
his posting is garbage regardless of alignment

you guys need to read me, not my pred who can't play mafia
RIP GNB
In post 1910, Toranaga wrote:
In post 1905, the worst wrote:I mean his fakeclaim was meme levels of scum flailing
does like...anyone disagree? lmao

pedit: GNB's posting was garbage
look at any of his other games
his posting is garbage regardless of alignment

you guys need to read me, not my pred who can't play mafia
can you go through how you were so sure volxen was scum? I don't think volxen flailed, he had very consistent posting throughout and fought his lynch well. what did you see that was so clear?
eh, the watcher claim was kinda flailing imo, not the best option really.
it just confirmed me wanting to lynch him actually
In post 1917, Keyser Söze wrote:I understand Nauci’s scum read of me.
I understood Eragon’s scum read of me.

But your willingness to lynch me now...? Not good bro, not good.
oof
In post 1921, Nauci wrote:Pivoting to new viable mislynch targets as scum is an art form and I've only seen Irrelephant11 do it with absolute grace on this site
did you bring this up becuase you think TW is doing this?
In post 1922, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1912, the worst wrote:
In post 1911, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1908, the worst wrote:hardclaim opportunistic cornered town
I'll lynch Keyser over myself if you all agree not to mislynch me if he flips town

I'm just super worried we're both in the same position of having been irreparably PoE'd
Are myself and Reundo your bottom two reads now?
I haven't hard reassessed my reads based on the last few pages but you're dropping hard :c I still think Reundo needs to die before endgame but I think your flip is close to being a necessity

That said lynching through both of us feels.. bad
Necessity?

Why? Because Nauci/Eragon/Reundo scum read me?

WTF are you doing TW? If you’re town you’re f****g up the dynamics now.
im actually being reconsidering my read omn you, thinking i was reading too much into tone,
i do kinda agree here with TW being slightly opportunistic
although you did also got a bit opportunistic
In post 1926, the worst wrote:I'm laughing so hard rn
Keyser meltdown 11/10
poking da fire
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:27 am

Post by Eragon »

i did notice that reundo was a bit over-defensive and finally starting to post now that consioderbale suspicion is on them.
it seemed like they were comfortabel to ride the waves of towncred from volxen, but now that they dont have it they finally need to do stuff
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:17 am

Post by Toranaga »

Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:30 am

Post by Toranaga »

man I really can't see keyser as scum

if that guy is scum I tip my fucking hat to him
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:46 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 117, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 53, GameNBurger wrote:
In post 23, Dunnstral wrote:We end up at 4 people alive but 1 person is confirmed town (watcher) or there's a cc

So it's not worse
We have a watcher no matter what and a base 1/3 of finding scum is in fact worse than 1/2 bass chance of finding scum

Unless you’re talking about something else I’m not reading because this doesn’t exactly communicate the idea clearly
I mean it's not worse than a regular game at 3 people alive

----

Keyser I don't think I caught you in the game we played, not sure why you think I should be "taking lead" today either
Keyser Söze wrote: If Dunnstral flips red I would actually wanna put Irrelephant under closer inspection (i.e ill-timed/ill-formed distancing attempt). Or vice versa. I've enjoyed talking to Irrelephant11 so he's on the green side of null so far.
This is bad preflip stuff and you have to jump to a lot of conclusions to get to this point - also it's not warranted at this time

VOTE: Sesq
This is a good place to put a serious vote
In post 128, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 121, Keyser Söze wrote:weird choice of posts to share comments on:

- first one about set-up talk
- second one about a previous game
- third one about early D1 pre-flip paranoia
- unexplained vote
Can you explain why this is suspicious?
In post 154, Dunnstral wrote:If you're confused about my sesq vote then you're not seeing something in the ~5 posts they had when I voted them?

They voted Keyser in rvs, then followed it up by shading their opening post and then post 80 where they keep their vote on keyser while saying some contradictory things and they seem to be focused only on keyser
These three posts read town!Keyser to me
In post 237, volxen wrote:It’s been somewhat hard to try and get reads on everyone since the game started out with a lot of activity in the beginning and then quickly died way down, but here are some preliminary reads that I have so far:

Town Reads
:

Keyser - I actually like that he started the game by asking about hypoclaiming in , it showed that right off the bat he wanted to strategize on how to potentially make things more difficult for the scumteam. This is only my second game on this site so I don’t have any firsthand experience with hypoclaiming or its effectiveness, but I think it’s not likely that a member of the scumteam would suggest this as a tactic, since it could, theoretically, allow the watcher to reveal who they got a guilty on while making it more difficult for the scumteam to identify the real watcher.

Overall, I feel like he is someone that has been genuinely trying to gamesolve and move the game forward. He hasn’t done anything that comes across as scummy to me.

Null Reads
:

northsidegal – I’m not really sure what to make of the whole comma’s thing. It seems like a stretch, but maybe she will have more to say about it.

GameNBurger – As I mentioned in , GNB is currently a null read for me as most of his content is about the math proof, not wanting to be townread for the math proof, hypoclaiming, and lurking. I originally asked him why he felt the need to go out of his way to tell all of us not to townread him in , as I found this a bit suspicious and thought his response to my question might potentially be alignment indicative. However, I found his response in to be fairly neutral, and not enough in and of itself to make me lean towards townreading him or scumreading him. Of course, he is being replaced so I will have to see what his replacement does, but for now this slot is still null for me.

Scum Reads
:

2.718 – I really didn’t like his post-RVS opening in . I feel like he tried to completely misrepresent what Keyser really meant when he said that he didn’t want to talk about hypoclaiming/setup past page 1, and even after Keyser clarified this in (that he wasn’t “forbidding” discussion but rather that he didn’t want to partake in it himself), 2.718 still continued to press the issue in .

I also didn’t like that in 2.718 was quick to side with Reundo in the Keyser vs Reundo argument that was going on at the time. 2.718 made the comment here that “Reundo's 46 is a little annoying but I like how he looked at
everyone
”. At the time, Reundo only had two posts, and , in which he mainly focused on attacking Keyser, with only brief references made to Sesq, GameNBurger, and northsidegal in . 2.718’s post made it sound like Reundo was taking a balanced look at “everyone”, when in reality he was primarily just hammering down on Keyser. I feel like this was a very weak reason for 2.718 to jump in so quickly to side with Reundo.

I also find his town read of Reundo questionable in . He gave him a town score of 4.5, and all he really had to say was that Reundo’s post in was “great”, without stating why he thought it was great or pro-town. So once again, he is defending Reundo without really providing any explanation or reasoning. And then in , he literally says “I see nothing that is worth my attention”, as if he is simply not interested in trying to find scum anymore.

VOTE: 2 718281828459
This to me says town!Reundo. I don't think volxen shades Reundo without a vote so carelessly (not to mention Reundo being a big reason volxen flipped) unless their only pre-game plan was "bus until one of us is dead, then ride the towncred infinitely" which is an option but not one I'm considering at F7
In post 280, volxen wrote:
In post 256, Irrelephant11 wrote:@Volxen in your previous readslist why did you include more nullreads than scum or town reads?
Fair question. I only included those four reads because It’s honestly been hard to get reads on people in this game. However, Sesq and Toranaga are now also scumreads for me, largely due to the points that I brought up in . 2.718 is still a scumread for me, and I believe it is very likely that there is at least one scum among {2.718, Sesq, Toranaga}. I will reiterate all of this in an updated readslist post that I will be making soon.

Reundo is someone that I would like to get a read on, but I’ve been having a very difficult time trying to read him. I
REALLY
did
NOT
like the way he started this game in . But I’m not sure if his interactions (and arguments) with Keyser are SvT or TvT (Keyser is still a townread for me). The last time I went through his ISO and reviewed his interactions with Keyser, I ended up just getting really frustrated because I couldn’t get a read on him one way or another. I’m going to review Reundo’s content again, and hopefully I will catch something that I may have missed the first time around.

Anyways, that’s just a brief update on where I am at reads-wise. I know our deadline is coming up soon, so I plan to post an updated readslist by tomorrow.
though this maybe says Reundo should get a closer look idk :?
In post 790, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 784, Keyser Söze wrote:@Reundo - help me with Toranaga and Ausuka.
Both can’t be scum... so either both town, or one scum?
Why do you call out to Reundo here?
Anyone have thoughts on this post? I can't decide how to read it
Like a) dunnstral didn't post much, so he maybe posted this because he saw his scumpartner's name
b) it might have just been simple shading of keyser

Either way this also reads town!Keyser to me
In post 957, Dunnstral wrote:Go back to sleep ducky you're wrong
This actually seems sorta svt, maybe I'm overtunneling the duck?
In post 1360, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1355, Keyser Söze wrote:@Dunn - why do you suspect Eragon?
feels kind of detached from the game
In post 1370, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Eragon
Yeah this is survivalism eragon can be conftown for at least this game day for the same reason Nauci is town for sesq's d1 wagon
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:59 am

Post by Toranaga »

as far as svt goes for TW, there's also that moment dunnstral says scum was greeting scum!eragon because they don't have daychat, when the people greeting eragon were volxen and the worst. that's countered by all the evidence against the worst though, and if you read his interactions with dunn and how he progressed his read on dunn, it might actually be the worst looking one.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Spoiler: A bunch of quotes somehow in the wrong order I don't feel like fixing and therefore don't feel like explaining in depth rn
In post 276, the worst wrote:
In post 166, Toranaga wrote:volxen/sesq/271 all fine lynches
:0

#me
shortly after replacing in is fine with a volxen lynch but not a dunnstral lynch (has a townread there)
In post 277, the worst wrote:
In post 170, northsidegal wrote:dunnstral seems kind of scummy right now, so that's a good a place as any for a vote.
wHY
In post 117, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 53, GameNBurger wrote:
In post 23, Dunnstral wrote:We end up at 4 people alive but 1 person is confirmed town (watcher) or there's a cc

So it's not worse
We have a watcher no matter what and a base 1/3 of finding scum is in fact worse than 1/2 bass chance of finding scum

Unless you’re talking about something else I’m not reading because this doesn’t exactly communicate the idea clearly
I mean it's not worse than a regular game at 3 people alive

----

Keyser I don't think I caught you in the game we played, not sure why you think I should be "taking lead" today either
Keyser Söze wrote: If Dunnstral flips red I would actually wanna put Irrelephant under closer inspection (i.e ill-timed/ill-formed distancing attempt). Or vice versa. I've enjoyed talking to Irrelephant11 so he's on the green side of null so far.
This is bad preflip stuff and you have to jump to a lot of conclusions to get to this point - also it's not warranted at this time

VOTE: Sesq
This is a good place to put a serious vote
In post 299, the worst wrote:I kinda want to swap Dunn and E/2.71 in your PoE but otherwise we're pretty close stance wise. I can't find a reason to like E yet.

though maybe you're scum for putting your name in your town list..... :lol:

hmm interesting take on Volx/Reundo. I want to read them as not scum together fwiw
In post 293, northsidegal wrote:anyways, i feel as if this game i'm just going to try to get a towncore and go off of poe mainly

town:
northsidegal
2.718281828459 (unfortunate you didn't replace into this slot ducky, i think it's town)
Ausuka
Keyser Söze (presuming i can trust kop on keyser's alignment and just for now - keyser is someone who i plan to do more meta on when i get the energy or when someone bothers me about it enough)
Irrelephant11

that leaves:
{volxen, the worst, Dunnstral, Reundo, Toranaga, Kop}

which feels vaguely alright in terms of a poe
In post 399, the worst wrote:hot take: we need to hammer Sesq who will do nothing to defend themselves or flashwagon volxen who is one rung townier and will become extremely obvious later if scum

:]
In post 406, the worst wrote:I'm down. righteous af flashwagon

VOTE: volxen

anyone who doesn't vote volxen in their next post is scum with him tbqh
In post 527, the worst wrote:
In post 519, Eragon wrote:
In post 500, the worst wrote::ok_hand:
red flip d1 feels good man

drunk ducky gonna slep now gngn
I think this is actually TMI, because he was already like “red flip Day 1 feels good”

I mean, town never KNOWS that the person is scum unless a TI has a guilty, but TW acted like he KNEW volxen was scum, not HOPING that volxen was scum and not actually watcher.
being overconfident is my thing
this is creepy
In post 599, the worst wrote:it is actually a generally pingy entrance (and bad slot) lmao but I wasn't gonna go there for reals yet, 587 is an injoke

pedit: yeah I'm not digging Dunn today
In post 608, the worst wrote:I think I need NSG to descend from the heavens again for a couple of minutes. I might have been dumb questioning her Dunn read initially
In post 664, the worst wrote:
In post 657, Irrelephant11 wrote:Which, given scum don't have day chat, is VERY INTERESTING.
If volxen "will become extremely obvious later if scum", why be concerned about lynching him now? (wagon movement was still more toward sesq, who tw says here is scummier)
Unless he's trying to hint to his scum buddy that it's time to bus
i mean like
he followed that post by really poorly fakeclaiming so
*shrug*
In post 764, the worst wrote:fyi when I read ausuka's ISO before reading this thread I was like "aw crap my cuz rolled scum against me" but in real time/context she came across a lot townier

post volxen flip I actually think it's up/down/up, her earlier posting is towny, it feels like there ~could~ be some partner interactions, her current posting is back to being pretty much fine.

Idk man I've got stronger reads but we may as well play this mountainousesque so I'mma lynch up my read list

Dunn is a better one today I think
In post 955, Flicker wrote:Votecount 2.11

Ausuka (3)
- Toranaga , Eragon , Reundo
Dunnstral (3)
- northsidegal , Irrelephant11 , Keyser Söze
Reundo (1)
- Ausuka
Keyser Söze (1)
- Nauci

Not voting: the worst , Dunnstral

The deadline for Day 2 is 2:17 pm CT on Thursday, September 20, in (expired on 2018-09-20 15:17:24).
In post 956, the worst wrote:good morning

VOTE: Dunnstral
In post 957, Dunnstral wrote:Go back to sleep ducky you're wrong
In post 1281, Flicker wrote:Votecount 2.21

Dunnstral (3)
- northsidegal , Ausuka , Irrelephant11
Ausuka (2)
- Eragon , Reundo
northsidegal (1)
- Toranaga

Not voting: Dunnstral , the worst , Keyser Söze , Nauci

The deadline for Day 2 is 2:17 pm CT on Thursday, September 20, in (expired on 2018-09-20 15:17:24).

Mod notes
  • - The worst is V/LA until September 17th.
    - Nauci is V/LA until September 18.
In post 1282, the worst wrote:VOTE: Dunn
head saying this is right but telling me dunn/aus are t/t
I think I'm wrong abt Dunn before Aus tho so stfu gut!
In post 1075, Flicker wrote:Votecount 2.14

Dunnstral (3)
- northsidegal , Keyser Söze , the worst
Ausuka (2)
- Eragon , Reundo
northsidegal (1)
- Toranaga
Reundo (1)
- Ausuka
Keyser Söze (1)
- Nauci

Not voting: Dunnstral , Irrelephant11

In post 1094, the worst wrote:UNVOTE:
awright
In post 1096, Keyser Söze wrote:UNVOTE:
In post 1303, the worst wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral
doc on me
In post 1329, the worst wrote:Dunn has been wolfy
Dunn is l-1 and has disappeared
Dunn is good at town and can be awkward as scum
why the fuck would we lynch anyone else but that D:
also Eragon feels like his fingers are bleeding as much as his heart I might need to reacquaint myself with his scum meta before I'm OK with a lynch there

P.S. sent you a gift Ausuka, hope it hatches a regional!
In post 1367, Eragon wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral

ye its time to end this
In post 1368, the worst wrote:BRO COME ON
VOTE: Eragon
In post 1374, the worst wrote:> eragon pushes scum!Keyser without voting
> wagon on Dunn forms
> eragon is called out as scum
> eragon hops onto Dunn wagon near lynch with classic mislynch "let's end this" rhetoric
In post 1539, the worst wrote:lynch Eragon not Dunn
the fuck
In post 1576, the worst wrote:actually I think I dreamed up reasons to townread Dunn
VOTE: Dunnstral
if this greens Eragon tmrw obviously and we have his partner in the fucks who tried to manipulate the wagon : ]
In post 1630, the worst wrote:last scum is obviously good lmao
it's just in {Tora, Rel, Reundo} outside chance of Nauci everyone else is like too high town equity

can't really be bothered crossing names out if this bracket atm but i know I need to
In post 1652, the worst wrote:viewtopic.php?f=11&t=76623

can someone better at meta reads iso Reundo in this game? something intangible is just missing.
In post 1712, the worst wrote:Ngl if I was scum I'd be at the point of fucked/exhausted I'd start lolshooting into the townblock and hoping the watcher just rolls the dice differently

very low value self meta but yee
In post 1785, the worst wrote:
In post 1745, Irrelephant11 wrote:@tw how willing are you to be the designated lynch to help all of us distracted by your slot sort the rest of the playerlist?
@keyser same question
In post 1749, Keyser Söze wrote:I am also fully aware I am D5’s lynch if TW flips green.
^^^ fuck that primarily for this reason.
you'll mislynch two high town equity slots because you're all distracted by stupid shit which puts you in LyLo with {Reundo, Nauci, Tora} most likely all alive and the actual last scum is one of those 3 sooo

if you need to lynch me and you can all leave Keyser alive and hunt in that block that's fine.
In post 1788, the worst wrote:you realise its pretty exhausting that you fucks are so used to playing against me that you can't read me for shit right? I don't give a fuck about your reaction test. :lol:
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:27 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

So basically tw voted Dunnstral whenever he had >3 votes and unvoted when his vote was the third one (bringing Dunn down to 2 votes)
then last second he moved to Eragon
mm
I think I'm just stuck on wanting to lynch the duck

But I'll go look at Reundo, whose activity is not very good
I mean just based on post count we should probably actually flip reundo first
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 247, Reundo wrote:
In post 245, Dunnstral wrote:Who was town reading Volxen?
In post 193, Dunnstral wrote:Volx looks town to me
You were? Also 2.718 in his reads list. What's not compelling about my case?
In post 1266, Reundo wrote:I'm back.

I think I was town-reading Dunn at some point during D2, but going back through his ISO I'm a bit less confident on that. I'm still hesitate about lynched him, mostly surrounding his interactions with volxen D1. Dunn was pretty strapped for some town-cred during D1, so I don't really think that as scum he'd want to defend his already scummy looking partner -- it'll basically lock in his lynch as soon as volxen's lynched. Even though it seemed like attention was shifting more to Sesq during the latter half of D1, there was still a fairly probable chance that volxen would still be lynched, so him doubling down on the sesq lynch -- even going as far as to town-read his own partner -- didn't seem like the most optimal scum plan. I'd feel as scum he'd be more inclined to bus his partner there and try to reap some town-cred instead of further digging his grave by associating himself with volxen so heavily. It's also clear he has no intentions of presenting himself as towny going into D2, which makes him hard to read admittedly, but also doesn't fall much in line with a scum agenda. Still, there are a few things about him that are a bit iffy, such as that time he almost seemed to forgot he even town-read volxen. Also, him complaining about Sesq question dodging while also dodging my question about how Sesq's question dodging was scum-indicative was also pretty yuck. I feel he has a decent enough chance of flipping town regardless, though.

Northsidegal can be credited with starting the momentum behind the counter-wagon on Sesq (Dunn was also voting Sesq, but that was before the counter-wagon on volxen and no one seemed to really care about his reasoning). I guess starting a counter-wagon to the wagon on your scum-buddy could be scum-indicative, but in that scenario I feel scum would just be content to see their partner lynched there. Being the front of a wagon she'd know would flip town (unless the pair is north/sesq/volx... yuck) would already not be a good look for her, but if the attention would ever divert back to volxen (which it did) then it'd make her look worse, and I don't see any scum agenda in putting herself in a lose-lose situation like that. Her reasons for town-reading volxen were plausible, and it would make sense why she'd want to lynch Sesq if she under-performed in comparison to her last town game. It's a bit suspicious that her peak moments of game-solving came right when volxen was about to be lynched, but it also coincides with the worst replacing in so idk. She also didn't seem to care about me town-reading Sesq, so that's another knock against me, but in a nutshell I think scum wouldn't be inclined to stick her head out as much as she did.

I still think Ausuka is a good lynch. My biggest town-points from her were because of her reads-list since I didn't see much scum motivation in town-reading a lot of the potential lynch pool, but that slowly evaporated when she showed she was willing to back down from e read because "people disagreed with her" and that she was willing to hop onto the Sesq wagon despite her tr on them because it was probably trash. The associations between her and volxen are also plausible from a scum persepctive -- she initially thought volxen was "active lurking" in her reads list, which gave her a good enough reason to bus volxen when it was clear he was about to be lynched, then when attention shifted to Sesq she decided her partner was no longer at much risk for being lynched so she jumped back onto Sesq. She later gave a semi-scumread of volxen later on, which gave her another excuse to bus him when lynching volxen once again became the hip new thing. As far as her D2 goes, her vote on me would almost be too bad to come from scum but it almost seems like she's sr'ing me for sr'ing her since I did voice some concerns about her just before then.

Most of that is going based off of just D1 so I might need to do a re-read to refresh my thoughts, but in a nutshell I'm most hesistant against a northsidegal lynch, semi-hesistant against a Dunn lynch, and not really that hesitant against an Ausuka lynch as well. I feel that people are almost too eager to lynch Ausuka though, so that's throwing me off a little, so I might consider starting a counter-wagon at some point. Also, Nauci is oozing town, and that's after considering possible buddying with regards to her high praises of me (which I appreciate a lot, fwiw :oops:), so everyone suspecting her is probably sus af.
These two posts townclear Reundo for me
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Spoiler: double checking nsg's alignment (hint:town)
In post 170, northsidegal wrote:dunnstral seems kind of scummy right now, so that's a good a place as any for a vote.

i remember someone asking or pondering upon why i wasn't voting GNB if i was apparently scumreading him, and while i didn't and still don't really understand the mindset of what he was saying, it didn't really ping me as all that scum indicative on an instintcutal level.

anyways,
VOTE: dunnstral
In post 232, northsidegal wrote:
In post 176, Dunnstral wrote:I mean, that looks like exactly what you're saying here, except replace that with "Kop's commas are scummy"
i began a response to this a day or so ago but never finished it

the statement "kop's commas are scummy" implies that in a vacuum i think that the use of commas is scum-indicative (patently absurd). the punctuation itself is secondary to my main point - i noticed a stylistic difference between the way someone was typing here and the way that i remember that same person typing in a previous game as scum. i don't think anyone would possibility dispute that that has a very good chance of being in some way meaningful.

-shrug-

you're being far less reasonable than i typically expect you to be, and i'm not sure if i should take it as scum-indicative or not
In post 236, northsidegal wrote:it angers me the way dunnstral has framed my argument, genuinely.
In post 293, northsidegal wrote:anyways, i feel as if this game i'm just going to try to get a towncore and go off of poe mainly

town:
northsidegal
2.718281828459 (unfortunate you didn't replace into this slot ducky, i think it's town)
Ausuka
Keyser Söze (presuming i can trust kop on keyser's alignment and just for now - keyser is someone who i plan to do more meta on when i get the energy or when someone bothers me about it enough)
Irrelephant11

that leaves:
{volxen, the worst, Dunnstral, Reundo, Toranaga, Kop}

which feels vaguely alright in terms of a poe
In post 388, northsidegal wrote:
In post 385, Dunnstral wrote:tinfoil theory: Eragon is scum and his partner(s) felt the need to welcome him in thread to try to seem like they're not talking in pt

Not a serious theory jsut something to consider I guess
????
In post 734, northsidegal wrote:oh, uh

i think dunnstral is scum again (again? still? honestly cannot remember what conclusion i came to yesterday)

Spoiler: me bragging for a sec
In post 74, Irrelephant11 wrote:Yeah that's fair
I'm pretty much over it as much as you are
Talk to me about Dunnstral
In post 79, Irrelephant11 wrote:No my vote was RVS but I can't decide how to feel about his one post being a response to Burger's game theory stuff. He didn't participate in RVS, or correct Burger on the definition of hypoclaiming, or suggest anything was AI

It's the lack of content from a player that has shown up that I find interesting
In post 87, Irrelephant11 wrote:mm I think I want Dunnstral to know he's being scrutinized :P
he tricked me in lylo last time we played together so prolly he already knows that anyway
Woah just found my good page 3 INSTINCTS
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I have reached a conclusion: the worst is scum and delaying hammer is not necessary
Reundo has done their part already and we don't need to wait
If they're scum we'll catch 'em tomorrow anyway, this town is fierce

Fire when ready!
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Time to bring balance to the force! :twisted:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:25 am

Post by the worst »

Hi
This is me not selfhammering!
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:28 am

Post by the worst »

Oh I'm l-2
still not selfvoting
--
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Toranaga »

I'll actually respect you so much more for this game if you're scum ducky

this was pretty good and you weren't swayed at any point by your scum partners potatoing and did your best to opportunistically move lynches from them whenever you could

if you're town eh, it is what it is, you played well too
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:57 am

Post by the worst »

Strangely enough I was thinking yesterday that I'd be pretty content if this was a scumgame. It'd be very amusing if I was picking up a meta of perfect scum losses against NSG.

unfortunately just a kinda meh town game, I'm trending downward in quality of play atm. I think it might be better picking this convo up post-game tho.
--
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:01 am

Post by Eragon »

hmmmm...

we have the numbers, so do i just follow the leader and vote ducky and win tommorow with reundo, or do i try to pull a reundo lynch across now?
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:03 am

Post by Eragon »

like, i could make a good scum case on both Reundo and TW, but my gut is saying reundo > TW

either are good

Return to “Completed Open Games”