Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:55 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 848, Thor665 wrote:Plus it will give me an extra day to keep my post count above Jingle's ;)
Always the most important things
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:12 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Count

Not Voting - Fink, Aristophanes, Thor665, Jingle, Guiltylion, innocentvillager, Eragon

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline is Friday, September 28, at 8:30PM EST
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:40 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 846, Eragon wrote:
@KMD
can we get a prod on Innocentvillager please?

He still hasn't picked up the prod I sent 12 hours ago.
Oh sorry lol
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Jingle »

For the record, I am currently in support of "Lynch Thor">"Lynch Thor, Eragon claims watch target in twilight">"Lynch for Thor's Partner">"No Lynch".
This is a Parachute.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by Fink »

Well I got back from the wedding and immediately lost internet all day, it's back on now but I'm exhausted. Real life is a bitch lately. Anyway, should have plenty of time to get to this tomorrow, presumably.

I think it's nuts to lynch anyone but Thor today, or to No Lynch. We need to lynch Thor eventually, and it's as safe as No Lynching. And we should please wait for me to catch up and actually say something today before ending it.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Jingle »

If mafia is known to the mime, 2v1v1 is unwinnable for town (and also mafia), regardless of whether mime is a known quantity.

I've been debating whether or not to share this information, but I can't imagine mime not figuring it out when it comes to fruition.

Mafia won't lynch mafia. Mime also won't lynch mafia. (Mime loses if we lynch the second mafia player). 2 votes is not enough to reach the threshold. Mime will roleblock mafia, meaning no nightkill. That means the only possible lynches are on town or mime. Mime wins if mime is lynched. If town is lynched, we come back to the 1v1v1 where no one is willing to vote. Talking to KMD, he would end a string of No Lynches/No Kills as a happily ever after. (Which is NOT a win.)

That means if we No Lynch, we have one more lynch attempt to find Thor's partner AND Mafia needs to kill the mime in their next two shots in order for town to win.

If we lynch Thor, we have 1 more lynch attempt to find Thor's partner unless mafia shoots the mime OR the mime successfully roleblocks, in which case we have two attempts to find Thor's partner.

If we lynch notThor, we have 2 lynches to find Thor's partner before the mafia endgame us, for sure. Two successful roleblocks increases that number. This option objectively gives us the best chance at beating specifically the mafia team, because Thor has no reason to shoot for Eragon while he's still alive. He needs the mime dead just as much as we do, but with an outed scum player, the watcher gives no additional danger for scum.

I am now leaning lynch outside of the Thor/Eragon dichotomy, lynch Thor, and no lynch in that order.

@Everyone: Assuming we decide lynch outside of Thor/Eragon who is your preferred lynch.
This is a Parachute.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

whats going on in this game lol
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:43 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Ah sorry Jingle I don't know how I got so confused tracking what you were saying in 808 and 818 re - whether we are lynching Thor or not in each post. What you're saying makes a lot more sense now.

Unfortunately don't have time to effort post at the moment but will definitely get to it later today. I need to think a little bit more about the math behind everything before I decide what I'm on board with. Preferred lynch if not Thor is definitely Fink atm though, feels like a bussing post

more to come
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Eragon »

Tbph I don’t wNt to lynch Thor today
M
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Eragon »

I think we should lynch fink/IV/maaaaaaaaaaaybe jingle?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

I made myself chocolate avocado pudding the other day, it was really excellent and had a very lovely texture as well. Wasn't expecting that.
Now if I could just figure out what I'm going to cook the fiancee' for dinner tonight...
I suppose I'll just see whatever's on sale.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 860, Thor665 wrote:I made myself chocolate avocado pudding the other day, it was really excellent and had a very lovely texture as well. Wasn't expecting that.
Now if I could just figure out what I'm going to cook the fiancee' for dinner tonight...
I suppose I'll just see whatever's on sale.
Sushi.

Sushi is always on sale
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:47 am

Post by Jingle »

Preferred lynch if not Thor is definitely Fink atm though, 854 feels like a bussing post.

+1.

Tbh, a big part of my willingness to lynch fink is that I’d feel the least bad losing there if he’s a mime.

You mentioned earlier that you were pr telling to draw the kill. Do you have examples?
This is a Parachute.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:50 am

Post by Eragon »

Who?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:51 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 856, innocentvillager wrote:whats going on in this game lol
2 days to deadline, Thor has a watcher guilty, at least three slots have done nothing today, and you’re a serious contender for a lynch based on associations with Thor and a severe lack of game-solvey-ness.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:51 am

Post by Jingle »

GL
This is a Parachute.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Eragon »

Ahh
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Jingle »

Also, sale sushi sounds dangerous.

I had a nice chicken Marsala that was pretty easy to make the other night.
This is a Parachute.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 867, Jingle wrote:Also, sale sushi sounds dangerous.

I had a nice chicken Marsala that was pretty easy to make the other night.
I forgot to cover a pot of pasta I made the other day and it's made my noodles really hard. Gonna try reboiling them and seeing how that goes!

In game news, I have <2 hours to shower, eat, nap, and do something here before I'm off again. I'll do what I can!
Nice to see ICV back with that dirty proddodge! If not for the Thor guilty I'd be so down to lynch him today.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 861, Eragon wrote:Sushi.

Sushi is always on sale
Sushi is one of my favorite things, though if I want to make it myself it generally helps to plan it out 24 hours in advance.
I should take her out for a nice sushi dinner date night again soon though. Maybe the weekend after my bachelor party...
In post 867, Jingle wrote:I had a nice chicken Marsala that was pretty easy to make the other night.
I hit the store and am potentially making either chicken livers or braised pork belly. I'm going to let her decide.
That said, I've never made a chicken marsala, and though she's normally against sauces she does love mushrooms, so that sounds like an excellent backup plan.
In post 868, Aristophanes wrote:I had a nice chicken Marsala that was pretty easy to make the other night.
I forgot to cover a pot of pasta I made the other day and it's made my noodles really hard. Gonna try reboiling them and seeing how that goes![/quote]
That initially sounded insane to me, but according to Google it's actually apparently a perfectly functional solution.
The suggestions seem to advise a fairly quick reboiling - I suppose there's still a chance of making it too mushy.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Jingle »

So, ummm... 868. Mime post? Or super mime post?
This is a Parachute.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 870, Jingle wrote:So, ummm... 868. Mime post? Or super mime post?
Lol I wish!

I would totally be scumming it up to get lynched as Mime.

Ideal strategy is, in fact, for mime to block watcher and let the other scum take out town limiting the options so they can get lynched eventually while optimal scum strat is to shoot for the mime so theirs is the only competing wincon.

Both of these benefit town as well so I am interested to see who lives through the night.

I didn't have time for this or for the pasta so both updates on that and reads are coming :)
I hope the pasta doesnt become mushy!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by Jingle »

I can't tell if you're serious, or if this is an amazing troll. Either way, A+ for effort.
This is a Parachute.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Fink »

Finally getting to this, sorry. Life has been hectic and honestly haven't been looking forward to this, but need to get on it.
In post 84, Lady Angel wrote:
Unvote

I fail to see him as mafia-aligned right now.

That being said, the possibility of lynching a mime actually makes me kind of scared to lynch. How viable would no lynch be as an option?
I feel like this basically clears the Aristo slot from being Mime. Like I could see a mime hypothetically saying this but as the only post that wasn't an RVS vote before getting replaced out?
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:10 am

Post by Fink »

In post 703, Aristophanes wrote:Why are we no lynching wgen it is likely we can avoid a mime hit? We only increase the chances of it each day.

VOTE: Rocky
Aristo's lack of understanding of what's going on theory-wise seems genuine to me. I could see faking it, in which case good job, but I can't really see him sharing a PT with Thor.

The soft defense of Thor, for example in , could make him mafia but that could come from town making an effort to be useful for a change too, and I just don't see Aristo as buddies with Thor. Fairly strong town.

Return to “Completed Open Games”