snuggly quackdrew 39
Goon
snuggly quackdrew 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:25 am

Post by snuggly quackdrew 39 »

In post 461, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 445, Wisdom wrote:Ive read everything and still dislike maria, nero and faqt
But yeah, notknown's l-1 was obvscum

VOTE: gamma
Though this is theorycrafting more than anything, this has been repeated several times by more than just you and I don't fully understand the logic here. You think the last 2 votes on an early wagon for the scum RB are both scum votes? There is likely one scum on that wagon and one off IMHO but I would venture a guess that the scum is more likely in the middle of that group - not the 2nd to last after pig self hammers.
Nah, not when that scum is RB and it’s only D1. What scumteam hardbuses their roleblocker night 1, unless their lynching is almost inevitable. This makes no sense.
We’ve got our ducks in a row - ALL 39 of them.

Hydra of Nancy Drew 39 & the worst
snuggly quackdrew 39
snuggly quackdrew 39
Goon
snuggly quackdrew 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:31 am

In post 462, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 459, Almost50 wrote:
In post 457, FA_Q2 wrote:What the hell is ellitell?
Ellitell (2012): People who are active in all games save one are scum in said game.
I second frozen's opinion of that idea. I do not find activity a tell one way or another - particularly if it is compared to outside games.

Why assume that scum is going to be less active? This seems to be a common theme here on this site and is nonsensical to me. There is no reason that a scum would avoid being active unless they were trying to lurk a wagon away and even then site wide activity would really not be relevant in that case.
I don’t think that’s what Tor was saying at all. He was saying that “ellitelles” aren’t fair and should be disallowed, not that they’re necessarily irrelevant.

I agree with him btw. I wouldn’t lynch based on just that anyway.

You could conceivably be lowposting in a game because you dislike it for whatever reason. I actually have had my posting activity compared with different sites!

snuggly quackdrew 39
snuggly quackdrew 39
Goon
snuggly quackdrew 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:33 am

In post 464, Almost50 wrote:
In post 462, FA_Q2 wrote:Why assume that scum is going to be less active? This seems to be a common theme here on this site and is nonsensical to me. There is no reason that a scum would avoid being active unless they were trying to lurk a wagon away and even then site wide activity would really not be relevant in that case.
because you can post your genuine thoughts as town, while as scum you need to "think" of what to post. You can post your SRs naturally as town, but as scum you need to consume the effort to fabricate them. You do not know much as town and thus have nothing to hide, but as scum you do have knowledge and if you post more you could slip one way or the other.

You arguing against the ellitell as a whole is like you arguing against the amished tell as a whole, or virtually any other tell. But you can feel free to disregard it. I simply don't.

As for the D1 lynch wagon: Check this game out. It's a recent one. Basically Toranga was guiltied by BuJaber at the start of D2. We decided to go for his "unknown" partner instead. I figured it was Poseidon and Wh4t sheeped me (L-2). Toranaga tried to be smart by putting his p @L-1 to make us second guess our read, and Poseidon instantly hammered himself!

I could point you to other games where it's a bit more complicated than this, but it boils down to scum do self-hammer after seeing their p put them to L-1
That is a fair point. Scum usually takes a lot more time and planning in making their posts.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Aristophanes »

VC will come in a couple hours.

Still searching for a replacement for Perniscious Parrot.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
snuggly quackdrew 39
snuggly quackdrew 39
Goon
snuggly quackdrew 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:39 am

In post 429, Aristophanes wrote:
Wisdom replaces CreativeMod1
NM, found it.

Parrot and their replacement - likely a non-factor anyway.

snuggly quackdrew 39
snuggly quackdrew 39
Goon
snuggly quackdrew 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:06 pm

Creature threw suspicion at 3 people, FA_QT, Wisdom and Kokichi - not Gamma.

I feel pretty good about Kokichi being town based on his ISO, so I think FA_QT may be whiteknighting NK/Gamma because they actually have TMI about them being town and because they actually know that the Pork wagon was alltown.

So based on both FA_QT’s hard defense of NK/Gamma - combined with Creature claiming a guilty on probably one of FA_QT, Wisdom, Kokichi, I’d say FA_QT and Wisdom are probably scum.

Kokichi has a number of posts that seem unlikely to come from scum.

At any rate, FA_QT is trying way too hard to defend NK/Gamma Pork wagon vote.

So, unless Creature has a guilty on one of the other two, my vote is staying on FA_QT.

snuggly quackdrew 39
snuggly quackdrew 39
Goon
snuggly quackdrew 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:12 pm

NM, Kokichi could possibly be scum, I suppose? I think NK/Gamma might be town.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

ceejayvinoya replaces Perniscious Parrot!

We're full again :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Heck yea
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 449, Creature wrote:I wonder who's my guilty, how's my guilty, how are they feeling today, how they will react.
God please be me
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by MariaR »

Unvote Gamma btw.
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 458, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 445, Wisdom wrote:Ive read everything and still dislike maria, nero and faqt

I don't understand maria. She is my strongest town read. What makes you think she is scum?
FEEEEEEEEEEELS GOOD.
But why Idk what I did
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 459, Almost50 wrote:
In post 457, FA_Q2 wrote:What the hell is ellitell?
Ellitell (2012): People who are active in all games save one are scum in said game.
This is just really bad and false for most cases. You don't have all the factors scum do. Scum could wanna mix up meta or want to act a certain way because they know X would townread them for it. If being active/not active was a tell we'd have way harder games because everyone would stick to one style. This is not a good way of getting reads
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 464, Almost50 wrote:
In post 462, FA_Q2 wrote:Why assume that scum is going to be less active? This seems to be a common theme here on this site and is nonsensical to me. There is no reason that a scum would avoid being active unless they were trying to lurk a wagon away and even then site wide activity would really not be relevant in that case.
because you can post your genuine thoughts as town, while as scum you need to "think" of what to post. You can post your SRs naturally as town, but as scum you need to consume the effort to fabricate them. You do not know much as town and thus have nothing to hide, but as scum you do have knowledge and if you post more you could slip one way or the other.

You arguing against the ellitell as a whole is like you arguing against the amished tell as a whole, or virtually any other tell. But you can feel free to disregard it. I simply don't.

As for the D1 lynch wagon: Check this game out. It's a recent one. Basically Toranga was guiltied by BuJaber at the start of D2. We decided to go for his "unknown" partner instead. I figured it was Poseidon and Wh4t sheeped me (L-2). Toranaga tried to be smart by putting his p @L-1 to make us second guess our read, and Poseidon instantly hammered himself!

I could point you to other games where it's a bit more complicated than this, but it boils down to scum do self-hammer after seeing their p put them to L-1
You just made a wordy way of saying what I said of a partner would prob self vote if a partner was already on congrats we agree.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 480, snuggly quackdrew 39 wrote:Creature threw suspicion at 3 people, FA_QT, Wisdom and Kokichi - not Gamma.

I feel pretty good about Kokichi being town based on his ISO, so I think FA_QT may be whiteknighting NK/Gamma because they actually have TMI about them being town and because they actually know that the Pork wagon was alltown.

So based on both FA_QT’s hard defense of NK/Gamma - combined with Creature claiming a guilty on probably one of FA_QT, Wisdom, Kokichi, I’d say FA_QT and Wisdom are probably scum.

Kokichi has a number of posts that seem unlikely to come from scum.

At any rate, FA_QT is trying way too hard to defend NK/Gamma Pork wagon vote.

So, unless Creature has a guilty on one of the other two, my vote is staying on FA_QT.
Play the game like the guilty isn't real it works out better for interactions and it gives scum less excuses because scum can go "well I thought X was the guilty so I didn't push them." Playing the game like we don't have a guilty is much better then playing one like we do and playing around certain slots with guess work.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 446, Wisdom wrote:Confident townreads on the three hydras/almost
Probably wont lynch creature and kokichi
Parrot needs to post
And thats all
Yeah Wisdom can die.

He's better then that to insta call notknowns vote scummy when it was the most towny vote of them all (due to pork)
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Parrot needs to post
And thats all
What have done to be considered townish?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 449, Creature wrote:I wonder who's my guilty, how's my guilty, how are they feeling today, how they will react.
I hope you really have one and not just posting to post. Only reason I think you could be scum is if you're using this to keep your post count up so people wont scum read you
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 474, snuggly quackdrew 39 wrote:
In post 455, Creature wrote:Do you townread Kokichi?
You don’t? His ISO seems pretty villagery to me?
How?
frozenaga
frozenaga
Goon
frozenaga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by frozenaga »

In post 490, MariaR wrote:

Parrot needs to post
And thats all
Yeah Wisdom can die.

He's better then that to insta call notknowns vote scummy when it was the most towny vote of them all (due to pork)
can you expand on what you think is towny about NK's vote there?

-tor
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by MariaR »

Pork the scum hammers right after the NK vote. I don't see why scum NK votes Pork there for Pork to self hammer. That vote was never gonna give him credit it was just gonna make him look bad.
I would've been more sus of NK if he wasn't voting Pork at all.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
frozenaga
frozenaga
Goon
frozenaga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by frozenaga »

if they're scum together, I don't think they coordinated in any way for this to happen. porkens seems to have independently concluded that the gameday was better with him quick hammered and I don't think he considered much of how aligned he'd look with anyone. I just heavily dislike the way NK phrased his vote because it feels like scumsplaining and it's phrased hyperbolically as a strong, uncharitable scumread that just looks like TMI to me.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by MariaR »

so we're assuming pork is just a bad scum player who self hammered with no regards to his teammates? mmmmmmmmmm
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by MariaR »

Like can I see that world? Yeah but I don't think it's likely. Let me sit on it
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 495, MariaR wrote:I don't see why scum NK votes Pork there for Pork to self hammer. That vote was never gonna give him credit it was just gonna make him look bad.
yet ppl ARE town reading the whole of the Pork voters, at least I think Nancy and FA_Q2 are.

And like scum Pork going down I really wouldn't be that surprised to see scum trying to claw their way onto that wagon. Thats probs why FA_Q2 is mad he wasn't here to do so.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”