Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2123, skitter30 wrote:(voting after tw gives a daycop guilty, as you vote to vig tw, your other biggest scumread?)
to clarify i'm aware this wasn't a real guilty, but rather tw emphasizing how strongly he scumreads enigma; my point is that i think gamma should be more cautious here if tw is pushing it
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:42 am

Post by ruru »

so, I feel like the viable lynches are {gamma, bujaber, enigma} and enigma is a questionable lynch

I prefer bujaber to gamma because I think he's towntold less
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:45 am

Post by ruru »

gamma reminds me of a slightly scummier version of blackstar in 728, who was town, and while I do think some of his posts are individually
scummy
(like his interactions with enigma) I think the overall attitude of "whatever I'm not even reading the game" is more likely to come from town and it was nsg's stated reason for townreading him in that game
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:46 am

Post by ruru »

I don't really recall blackstar having individually
scummy
posts in 728 so the comparison isn't exact but his treatment of enigma today is also pragmatically survivalistic in a way that town can also be
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:49 am

Post by ruru »

In post 2123, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2092, ruru wrote:actually I don't know if that makes him not traitor but I feel like it's kind of unlikely to be written by someone with pt access 6 minutes after my post here
i don't super follow how this conclusion follows from the beginning, but either way there may or may not be daytalk; we don't know
to clarify, I think it's a townslip if it comes from groupscum because on groupscum's mind would be the pre-game discussion which only had two players

I think groupscum are highly unlikely, over the course of 6 minutes, to fabricate a post talking about there being three players in pre-game discussion when they also have to fabricate the rest of the post and are probably thinking about other things and it wasn't a
planned
townslip

traitor on the other hand doesn't have two players in pre-game discussion on their mind because they never saw it so maybe they just make that post by accident
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

irregardless of his alignment he wasn't there for pre-game discussion; he repped in after that so i don't super follow this logic still really
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:08 am

Post by ruru »

so, I'd like to treat it as a gc inno on tw or something

I still really want tw lynched at some point if and only if our 2nd scumflip is groupscum

irrel definitely tries hard as scum but I think he's decently towny in this game independently of my inno

{skitter}
{korina, alonzo}
{enigma, irrel discounting mechanical things}
{gamma}
{bujaber}
{tw discounting mechanical things}

- korina needs to post more
- if I'm shot and skitter lurks for the rest of the game, she's scum
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:10 am

Post by ruru »

I mean, he'd have read the thread after replacing in and saw that there were only two slots posting there

like the way pregame works would still be present in his mind as groupscum meaning unless he was specifically trying to townslip then any thought process he fabricated would probably start with the assumption of there being two scums in the pt
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 2126, ruru wrote:enigma is a questionable lynch
what's the question

Also your reasons for wanting to keep Gamma over BuJaber are weak imo
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:20 am

Post by ruru »

In post 2133, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 2126, ruru wrote:enigma is a questionable lynch
what's the question

Also your reasons for wanting to keep Gamma over BuJaber are weak imo
*shrug*

it's naturally going to sound weak because I'm sheeping the thought process of a player who's stronger than me from another game in a different context and I may or may not be misapplying her process because I'm a weaker player and don't fully understand it but I feel like nsg would not lynch gamma here and it's making me not really want to lynch gamma

and the question on enigma is that I think a lot of the scumreads on him are incredibly superficial (like for things like active-lurking that he also does as town, or based on out-of-context vca with implicit assumptions I don't agree with)
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:22 am

Post by ruru »

I'm willing to vote enigma today if you can show me he has opposite meta and he just looks completely innocent and "guile-less" as skitter would say as scum but I don't regard that as super likely and so I think my time is probably better spent reading other people's meta
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Korina »

@skitter I started to get burned out from midday-1 only because the game was starting to drag on a bit, plus people started replacing out.
I've been less active today mainly because burn-out from everyone replacing out, my EISAL game I'm working on, in addition to school stuff. Going into D3, assuming we don't have a sheer number of replaceouts again nor just general apathy towards this game, I should be relatively active like I was early D1.

Another thing, faking town effort as scum is hard for me. I'm more concerned with giving away my partners as scum, which shows by me being more reserved in my posting, (or lack of posts), and me appearing to be awkward or nervous. Making giant walls as scum is just generally hard for me. Even in IRL games, it's hard for me to be active as scum. The times I am active as scum however, it's normally hollow work—its just me trying to look town for the sake of not getting SR'd.

I try to post as little as possible as scum to avoid giving away partners and to avoid accidentally slipping. If I do try posting a lot, my posts are normally heavily edited to try to mask my true goals. Contrast that with town!me, in which case, I just end up saying whatever I see going on. I don't have scum-buddies to give away, and to me, it doesn't really matter if I get hanged or NK'd. My goal is to try to draw the NK away from the people I think are town regardless if I'm VT or a TPR.

Buj is right on the other part of my scum-meta, (at least, I think it was Buj who said that): My posts feel much more awkward as scum. I don't realize that, but others certainly do. This is something I'm genuinely curious on, do any of my posts feel awkward to you Skitter?

Also, one of the other things I'd like to point out against me being scum: If I'm scum, and I know that I'm being universally TR'd, why would I choose to kill A50, not Creature? Scum!Me would know that any TPRs wouldn't bother wasting their night on me. They simply wouldn't. Why bother trying to check/rb/track/guard/shoot me when there are better targets to go after? Why would I try to kill a supposed TPR, instead of a confirmed TPR when he said that his hope was that if he was inactive, that scum would leave him alone?

Why wouldn't I have NK'd Creature when I know that 100% of the time, I could successfully do it? Sure, BG could flip and then we have Creature still alive, however, that means the next night, I'm guaranteed to kill another TPR, meaning that I'd know exactly
how many
TPRs Town would have left.

Now, before you try to say "What if you're Traitor?", (because that'd mean I can't have a say in the NK), Traitor is a role I've never played as before. I would know both other scum-buddies, but they wouldn't know who I am. I'd be more awkward trying to play Traitor rather than Goon, (something I've played as before IRL). Wouldn't I also want to try to signal to my buddies who I am, so they know
not
to NK me by accident? I also said that I don't really know any of you. I've barely played with you Skitter, A50, and Buj. I've obviously tried bettering my play-style from those games.
Hell, that was the entire purpose of Vex: An account that I could use just to prove to myself that I'm actually a decent FM player.

The other thing is as Traitor, I'd be more cautious to not out my buddies on accident, versus group-scum where at worst, I accidentally out the other, (assuming traitor isn't recruited). If I were to roll traitor under Vex, I'd still try to signal that I'm traitor somehow.
Final thing: I certainly would
not
want to switch to my main, (much less out my main, nor even try to hint at who my main was), if I rolled scum. Why? Because I know the exact second I say I'm Korina as scum, (or switched to this account), my meta gets double-checked, and then it gets determined I'm actually scum based on my posting.

That's not to say my switch to my main (or me outing myself) is tactical in any way shape or form (to try to confirm me as town). Vex served its purpose much earlier than I really intended for it to: I proved to myself that I'm a decent FM player. I also switched to my main because I didn't really wanna have to switch between two accounts; Vex for this game alone and this account for literally all other games.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:30 am

Post by ruru »

okay so there's also another meta reason I'm scumreading bujaber but I don't want to say it right now
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:31 am

Post by Korina »

In post 2137, ruru wrote:okay so there's also another meta reason I'm scumreading bujaber but I don't want to say it right now
Why not?
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:31 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

mmkay your reasons for not wanting enigma lynched are a little stronger than your reasons for not wanting gamma lynched
Not to be rude but I think your nsg thing sounds weak because it is actually just too weak to use here
At least if you want anyone to agree with you...

pedit: I don't understand your request re:enigma

ppedit: oh hey korina's back

pppedit: mm interesting
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:38 am

Post by ruru »

In post 2138, Korina wrote:
In post 2137, ruru wrote:okay so there's also another meta reason I'm scumreading bujaber but I don't want to say it right now
Why not?
because he might invalidate or reaffirm it without me disturbing his behavior
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:42 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2131, ruru wrote:- if I'm shot and skitter lurks for the rest of the game, she's scum
it's been a busy week for me; without internet access for a few days and been out of the house all day for another

not being absent intentionally but rather cuz of irl stuff; nothing to do with this game in or anything

activity should be better mid next week hopefully

i gotta bounce and didn't read the rest of the posts on this page
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Korina »

In post 2139, Irrelephant11 wrote:ppedit: oh hey korina's back
For the current moment I am.
I have a few minutes rn before having to head home from school for the day.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

how do you feel about a buj lynch?
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:51 am

Post by Korina »

Versus who? Anyone?
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:13 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Yeah? Just how does the idea of lynching BuJ make you feel?
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Korina »

Eh, I didn’t see anything in his ISO that made me really feel like hanging him.
If we’re at deadline, and we don’t have a better option, yea, sure, I’d be fine with hanging him.
Otherwise I don’t really see why lynching him is better than someone else.

My plan is to go look back at Mutant’s Jungle Republic and see how Buj’s posting style compares to this game. I think I was TRing him in that game, and if my reasoning for his TR there is the same as here, I’m willing to lynch him under the presumption he’s scum.
I also highly doubt that Buj is
that
good to the point where he can play the exact same way as town or scum.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:31 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

K I've decided to upgrade Korina to a townlean after reading/skimming ISO
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:31 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 2146, Korina wrote:I also highly doubt that Buj is that good to the point where he can play the exact same way as town or scum.
That's actually why I've been forcing myself to vary my play a little as town.

For what it's worth irrelephant seems townie atm. Better entrance than both his predecessors by miles at the very least.

I feel like tw should be easier to townread by now. I'm getting paranoid because imo his strength lies in knowing how to not appear scummy moreso than trying to look townie. That's my impression from giyga's curse. He won because people didn't really have a reason to suspect him.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2148, BuJaber wrote:
In post 2146, Korina wrote:I also highly doubt that Buj is that good to the point where he can play the exact same way as town or scum.
That's actually why I've been forcing myself to vary my play a little as town.

For what it's worth irrelephant seems townie atm. Better entrance than both his predecessors by miles at the very least.

I feel like tw should be easier to townread by now. I'm getting paranoid because imo his strength lies in knowing how to not appear scummy moreso than trying to look townie. That's my impression from giyga's curse. He won because people didn't really have a reason to suspect him.
Hm that makes my gears turn cos tw and bm were both scum there
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Open Games”