Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

I mean, if you think attacking something for the sake of attacking it is an issue...I think I just proved you're doing exactly that.
Self vote?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:14 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 479, Thor665 wrote:1 day and 20 pages?

Yeah - I'm skipping all of that.
Off of Page 1 I liked Elsa and Toranaga.
Is anyone in quickMjolnir range yet?
is this not making reads, thor?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:14 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 524, Thor665 wrote:
You didn't answer my question of why you think I don't believe what I'm saying. You're successfully stating why you believe what you think about the quality of these pages - but I didn't ask that.
I don't think you believe what you're saying because you're intelligent
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 526, Toranaga wrote:
In post 479, Thor665 wrote:1 day and 20 pages?

Yeah - I'm skipping all of that.
Off of Page 1 I liked Elsa and Toranaga.
Is anyone in quickMjolnir range yet?
is this not making reads, thor?
Yeah...are you trying to argue those are particularly valuable reads?
In post 527, Toranaga wrote:
You didn't answer my question of why you think I don't believe what I'm saying. You're successfully stating why you believe what you think about the quality of these pages - but I didn't ask that.
I don't think you believe what you're saying because you're intelligent
Awesome, now you're just empty insulting me for my stance rather than answering my question functionally?
So, basically, you disagree with my stance, and I'm stupid for having it if I believe it - therefore I'm lying.
I have a new read on you now :lol:
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:19 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 521, Toranaga wrote:well it's not. there's a ton of information in this thread and some people are strong hitting their town metas so far from what I know of their games. you were making reads here yourself. I don't get your RVS comment, it's wrong and IDK what to make of it. feels like criticizing things for the sake of it.
There's a ton of info, but functionally mining it in a real way is pretty meaningless. It's trash until we get flips. To get flips we need deaths. Ergo - let's move on, or are you claiming we need more than 20 pages of info at this stage to get a flip? Do we need 40? 80? 7,543? All of them have "info" but at what point does town malaise and empty signals overcome the claimed "info" benefit?
I submit it's *WAY* earlier than you think it is.

I disagree that I'm making reads. I'm just trying to get people to say some things so I can make reads later.

I agree with your conclusion here that functionally mining it is useless before flips. However, I maintain that D1 is actually the most important day when it comes to scum hunting, simply because all the positions being held can later be examined with the knowledge provided by flips, and with the least influence on them with regards to how past days have gone. I like large, productive D1's, that people look at on D5...because if you do that, and you've found some scum, you should be able to find the rest from just what was said on that day.

Town malaise sets in when there aren't a variety of different people actively posting and suggesting different courses. Until that happens, this is all valuable.

I'm confused by there only being 3 votes on me...I assume people not using proper vote tags?

With regards to your previous question about my top non-RVS case: I'll let my other head catch up and discuss things with him to see where he stands. His RC position is a valid one that I largely agree with. The logic used by Cheeky to push Toranaga resonates with me still, even if she's been assuaged. I do dislike Elsa's reasons for their votes. Nobody else has done anything that I view as scummy right now. I do need to reread, because as I said before I missed some things previously, so obviously I haven't been as diligent as I'd like.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:20 am

Post by Toranaga »

20 pages of RVS is objectively untrue and taken by the fact you were drawing leans from page 1, you know this

I'm not insulting you. I'd be insulting you if I didn't take issue with you.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:20 am

Post by Skygazer »

thor showed up and is doing thor things so that's cool

rr wagon is eh but im not a fan of drixx posting

tora posting is still town
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 481, Thor665 wrote:Then let's give someone that power;

Vote:Reasonably Rational
@Mod

In post 530, Toranaga wrote:20 pages of RVS is objectively untrue and taken by the fact you were drawing leans from page 1, you know this

By this point you're now starting to debate a definition with me to take umbrage at my statement, yeah?
What if instead of saying RVS I'd said 'Day 1 blather'? Would your point still hold?
If your answer is no - what's your actual issue here?
In post 529, Reasonably Rational wrote:With regards to your previous question about my top non-RVS case: I'll let my other head catch up and discuss things with him to see where he stands. His RC position is a valid one that I largely agree with. The logic used by Cheeky to push Toranaga resonates with me still, even if she's been assuaged. I do dislike Elsa's reasons for their votes. Nobody else has done anything that I view as scummy right now. I do need to reread, because as I said before I missed some things previously, so obviously I haven't been as diligent as I'd like.

-Cerb
Blerpity blerp - I'mma saying a lot of nothing here.

So your case is: I sorta agree with some other cases but I'm not caught up and neither is my other head (almost as though 20 pages of derp isn't helpful in a strange and mystical way that some sexy bearded person suggested but I needed to disagree with to try to pretend to look townish).

Got it :lol:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

Maybe it was lack of the space as he ctrl+F'd through the 20 pages of totally awesome and super good info?

Vote: Reasonably Rational
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:36 am

Post by ruru »

In post 532, Thor665 wrote:
In post 481, Thor665 wrote:
@Mod
In post 0, Almost50 wrote:Note: We intend to use a script for VCs and it doesn't recognize bolded votes, so please use the vote tags only.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Malakittens »

So quick run down:

I’m mobile posting at the moment.

Can we explain the wagon on RR?

Also not a big fan of sky or nico’s posting at the moment
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:41 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Vote Counter is broken anyways considering RR has 4 different Vote Lines.

Wagon on RR is simply, I voted them because I didn't like their posting and then the lemming festival kinda walked on through as they moved off their last vanity wagon.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:41 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

apparently nobody likes to use the vote tag to vote.

compared too all the votes, he SHOULD be at L-3 or something.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:42 am

In post 535, Malakittens wrote:So quick run down:

I’m mobile posting at the moment.

Can we explain the wagon on RR?

Also not a big fan of sky or nico’s posting at the moment
In post 492, Reasonably Rational wrote:@Random: There isn't one, there's been a practice in this game of wagoning people for pressure/reactions; this is much the same as far as strength of content to support the stance.

Just unfortunate that it occurred over night and now I'm at work and can't spend the time to really accomplish anything. *shrug*

-Cerb
In post 495, BuJaber wrote:
In post 490, Randomnamechange wrote:if thats the case on RR it really doesnt seem solid in anyway at all
i'm after a convincing argument for rr being scum basically. linking to a post where it was previously explained is fine.
All I know is that I have a vague non-case on him. I'm sorting people by PoE. It's how I usually approach day 1.

He was part of what I consider a conversation that was far too long for imo measly returns. (Elsa discussion)

And now he is getting flashwagoned and I need to see him flip so I know if I'm looking for scum bussing or scum lynching town among the pool of his voters.

So for me it's not that I'm interested in lynching RR specifically, just more of an opportunity to progress the game in a guaranteed positive way.

Not all lynches are equal in their value. This is a pretty valuable lynch.

Pedit: that deserves its own post
@Mala: This is what is there. And yeah, Toog started it because he just didn't like my posting without any specific reasons given, and all the active posters at that moment sheeped.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:43 am

OH, and to clarify, the only reason actually given was BuJaber's, who isnt' actually *on* the wagon. :P

-Cerb
Show

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:44 am

Post by Toogeloo »

For the record, I felt the over analysis of the Masonry claim felt forced, which is what gives me the scum vibe from your slot. Was getting that try hard mentality from your slot.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:51 am

In post 540, Toogeloo wrote:For the record, I felt the over analysis of the Masonry claim felt forced, which is what gives me the scum vibe from your slot. Was getting that try hard mentality from your slot.
RIGHT! The tryhard thing, sorry for neglecting to mention it. It's something I chose to not respond to, because I decided there was no value in defending myself. :p

Now I just need to find time to do more than just keep up with the game and actually read the last 20 pages again. :(

-Cerb
Show

Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Toranaga »

@Mod

In post 530, Toranaga wrote:20 pages of RVS is objectively untrue and taken by the fact you were drawing leans from page 1, you know this

By this point you're now starting to debate a definition with me to take umbrage at my statement, yeah?
What if instead of saying RVS I'd said 'Day 1 blather'? Would your point still hold?
In post 529, Reasonably Rational wrote:With regards to your previous question about my top non-RVS case: I'll let my other head catch up and discuss things with him to see where he stands. His RC position is a valid one that I largely agree with. The logic used by Cheeky to push Toranaga resonates with me still, even if she's been assuaged. I do dislike Elsa's reasons for their votes. Nobody else has done anything that I view as scummy right now. I do need to reread, because as I said before I missed some things previously, so obviously I haven't been as diligent as I'd like.

-Cerb

So your case is: I sorta agree with some other cases but I'm not caught up and neither is my other head (almost as though 20 pages of derp isn't helpful in a strange and mystical way that some sexy bearded person suggested but I needed to disagree with to try to pretend to look townish).

d1 blather over RVS changes the meaning of what you said. I'd take no issue with it if you just want to end the gameday because it's too much posting that leads nowhere. I agree with this sentiment overrall, but not in this game. it's too early, people are showing their colours and 22 pages is definitely not a lot on a 17er.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:54 am

In post 540, Toogeloo wrote:For the record, I felt the over analysis of the Masonry claim felt forced, which is what gives me the scum vibe from your slot. Was getting that try hard mentality from your slot.
Actually, there's a thread to pull here, just not solely about myself.

Do you think scum are more likely to try hard than town, or is this perspective limited to just my slot? What's the basis for this position either way? What's the difference between town analysis and scum tryharding? "Felt forced" is far too vague.

-Cerb
Show

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:57 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 534, ruru wrote:
In post 481, Thor665 wrote:
@Mod
In post 0, Almost50 wrote:Note: We intend to use a script for VCs and it doesn't recognize bolded votes, so please use the vote tags only.
VOTE: Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:00 am

@Mod

-Cerb

No.

I'm fully caught up. 100%. What I haven't done is read through the game hypercritically with the intent of finding suspicious behavior that doesn't immediately jump out at me. I've just been reading along and responding organically, as things come up and occur to me. I independently dislike the reasons Elsa gives for their votes. I agree with Cheeky's statement that I expect town!Toranaga to be vocal and aggressive and accidentally end up leading things. I agree with my other heads only stated position, that RC's early posting is reasonable for town!RC.

Did reiterating this help you understand at all?

-Cerb
Show

ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:01 am

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Reasonably Rational (7):
Toogeloo (449),Toranaga (451),CheekyTeeky (452),the worst (462),NicoRobin (473),Elsa Jay (474),Thor665 (544),
Flicker (2):
northsidegal (153),RadiantCowbells (471),
Toranaga (1):
Reasonably Rational (363),
the worst (1):
Skygazer (380),
RadiantCowbells (1):
BuJaber (384),
BuJaber (1):
Flicker (497),
Not voting (4):
TPFKAP,Chickadee,randomidget,Malakittens (90),

(expired on 2018-10-16 02:00:00) remain.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:02 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 543, Reasonably Rational wrote:

Do you think scum are more likely to try hard than town, or is this perspective limited to just my slot? What's the basis for this position either way? What's the difference between town analysis and scum tryharding? "Felt forced" is far too vague.

-Cerb
I feel like I should get your opinion on me in general, not just me deciding to be naive and believe the Masonry claim. What other things about me has pinged you?

P-Edit: well, my votes are definitely weird. I plead guilty on that front.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:03 am

In post 547, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 543, Reasonably Rational wrote:

-Cerb
I feel like I should get your opinion on me in general, not just me deciding to be naive and believe the Masonry claim. What other things about me has pinged you?

P-Edit: well, my votes are definitely weird. I plead guilty on that front.
*shrug* That's it. I haven't decided if it's scummy or not. You also haven't answered me about whether or not you always give a reason for votes you make.

-Cerb
Show

Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:05 am

Post by Toranaga »

VOTE: malakittens

scummiest ISO in the game imo

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”