• BrightEyedFish
    Io

• Light Ethos**
    Walt
  • Garmr
  • Irrelephant11
    ejjinami
* = Prod
`= Nudge (Two Nudges = One Prod on V/LA)

Wanted: Alive
  • Creature
  • PenguinPower
  • BuJaber
  • Garmr
  • Irrelephant11
Wanted: Dead
  • RadiantCowbells lost the duel Day One. He was a
    Gunslinger
  • BrightEyedFish was lynched on Day One. He was a
    Sharpshooter
  • Shoshin was killed on Day One. She was a
    Gunslinger
  • Fa_Q2 lost the duel Day Two. He was a
    Gunslinger
  • Light Ethos was lynched Day Two. He was a
    Sharpshooter
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:50 am, edited 30 times in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:59 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Game Overview
-
Some rules were adopted from Plotinus, mhsmith0, and yessiree. Thanks!

• This game is conditioned as a full reveal. Upon a player's removal, a player's role and alignment are released to the public.

• The game will end when a game-ending faction has achieved its win condition. A game-ending faction is any faction whose wincon cannot win with any other wincon i.e. town, mafia, serial killer, jester, etc.

• Flavor is for fun and is not indicative of alignment, roles, abilities, game mechanics, or anything else related to the game.

• Scum are given the ability to talk during all phases of the game.

• I will not answer game clarification questions in misleading ways. (i.e. I will not tell you that an ability is passive when it is actually active.)

• I will not intentionally lie to you if you have a question concerning your role or the mechanics of the game. I may answer vaguely, i.e. “No comment” or “I cannot answer that at this time,” for instance.

• In general: if a question would break the game or implicate another player's role, there is little chance that I will answer it.
Conduct:

• Try to not take things personally.
    You should expect debates to potentially become heated.

• Bear the following in mind:
    Some will lie, and others will be deceived.
    It is all in the spirit of the game. That said, personal attacks or the implication of personal attacks are strictly off-limits and may result in a Locked thread and/or a Mod Kill depending on the severity of the insults.

• I have the final say. Respect my judgement. I reserve the right to adjust the rules as I see fit. I
    will
    always tell players about a change in the rules as these changes happen in order to ensure the prevention of game breaking incidents from occurring.

• Pretending to break a rule is equal to actually breaking a rule and may get a player Mod-Killed depending on the nature of the infraction.

• This is my color. Please don't use it.
(#400080)[/list]

Post Content:

• Respect and obey the MafiaScum Code of Conduct.
    All site wide rules apply.
    Play to win, please with respect, and try not to ruin the game for other players.

• Do not talk about this game anywhere else unless I have specified it is permitted such as in a private topic. This includes PM-ing other players.

• No invisible, cryptographic, or deliberate obfuscation of text.

• No talking after death.

• No editing or deleting your posts.

• No discussion of ongoing games.

• Paraphrasing is acceptable.
Activity Requirements:

• Players who have failed to confirm their role PM within 48 hours after role PMs have been distributed will be auto-replaced.

• After 48 hours of inactivity, players will be prodded to ensure that they are still interested in playing the game and continue to participate. After the prod, players will have 24 hours to respond with game related material or be replaced.

• Players can request other players be prodded within reason and at the mod's discretion. These will be unofficial prods and will not count towards the two prod limit, but the prodded player will be expected to post game-advancing content within roughly 24 hours of being unofficially prodded. Failure to post game-advancing content within that 24 hour time-frame will in an official prod being handed out to said player.

• If you have not posted game advancing content in 4 days, regardless of V/LA status,
    you will be replaced.

• To avoid being replaced for inactivity, be sure to include game advancing content to your post i.e. “Got prodded, X is still scum. I'll catch up later”. Naked prod dodges ("I'll get to this later,") do not reset the prod timer.

• If you declare V/LA, you will be nudged every 72 hours (3 days). Two nudges equals one prod in V/LA. Nudged players will have roughly 24 hours to post game advancing content before they will be nudged once more. If they fail to post game advancing content within roughly 24 hours of the second nudge, they will be replaced.

• As a rule of thumb, if you are not on V/LA, you should try to post game related content at least once per every 24 hours.

• Players are allowed to be prodded
    two separate times
    before they will be replaced.

• Don't be afraid to use the V/LA, but don't abuse it either.
Lynch:

• Players can use the vote tags (e.g. VOTE: AnonymousGhost or bolding (e.g.
    Vote: AnonymousGhost
    ).

• Unvoting is not required. Votes in quotes, spoiler tags or otherwise hidden will not be counted. Votes that misspell or have other minor errors will be counted as normal as long as I understand what you are getting at.

• Be sure to include the
    colon
    (if you're not using the vote tags)! I will be using the control+F command to locate your votes!
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:59 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Setup Information:

• Epic Duel Wiki Page

• Day phases are nine days long. Duels have a six day deadline.

• The is in play.

• If there is no lynch by the time the clock runs down, the Sharpshooters are given the opportunity to kill any player of their choosing.

• As mentioned earlier, this game is conditioned as
    Nightless
    ! Since no Night Phases exists, the Sharpshooters do not have a factional night kill ability. Instead, they are
    Vengeful
    and may kill any player of their choosing after being removed from the game if they've either
    lost a duel
    or
    have been lynched.

• The Sharpshooters are recommended to choose their Vengeance kill target beforehand, but are given a 12 hour window to choose one, following a duel loss or lynch. In a Sharpshooter's absence, their teammates can select target in their teammate's place. If no target is chosen, the Sharpshooters will lose their chance to Vengeance kill a target.
Sample Role PMs:

GunslingerWelcome
USERNAME

You are a
Gunslinger
! You will win when only one Sharpshooter remains. Please reply to this PM to prove you have confirmed. Here is the link to the discussion thread. You have no other abilities besides your voice, your vote, and your gun. Best of luck.

SharpshooterWelcome
USERNAME

You are a
Sharpshooter
! You will win when your faction either equals or outnumbers the Gunslingers and nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please reply to this PM to prove you have confirmed.

Here is the link to the discussion thread and here is the link to your hangout. Besides your voice, your vote, your gun, and your hangout, here are your other abilities:

Eye for an Eye
[Passive]: You are
Vengeful
. You may kill any player of your choosing if you either lose a duel or are lynched. Best of luck.
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:59 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Duels:

• Plurality lynching mechanics are in play for both the Duels and the Lynches.

• Once per each Day Phase, a player may challenge another player to a duel by posting Duel: USERNAME. Once you enter into a duel, there is no backing down. A separate countdown (lasting six days long) specifically for the duel will start and the day phase deadline will be paused.

• In a duel, the duelist with the most votes between the two is killed. Duelists do not have a vote.

• Once a duel ends, a flip will occur, the normal deadline will resume and the day will continue as normal with the vote counts being reset as the players vote for a lynch.

• There is a maximum of one duel and one lynch per day. An initiated duel will always supersede the lynch for the day phase.

• If there is no winning duelist by the time the Duel clock runs out, the Sharpshooters are given the opportunity to kill any player of their choosing.
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:59 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Role PMs have been distributed. Game will begin when 8 out of 10 players have confirmed.

Reminder: Players who have failed to confirm their role PM within 48 hours after role PMs have been distributed will be auto-replaced.

(expired on 2018-10-03 12:15:59)
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:59 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Game On!

8 out of 10 players have confirmed!

The remaining two players can confirm either by replying to the role PM or posting within the discussion thread, but they must confirm before the 48 hour time limit runs out.
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:02 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Sun's out, gun's out!

Whip out your pistols and let's duel!

Vote Count 1.0

XxdarkfrostxX:
RadiantCowbells:
Nicholas Cage:
Wh4t:
Shoshin:
BuJaber:
Io:
Walt:
Garmr:
ejjinami:

Not Voting: XxdarkfrostxX, RadiantCowbells, Nicholas Cage, Wh4t, Shoshin, BuJaber, Io, Walt, Garmr, ejjinami

Plurality Lynch Mechanic In Play: the player with the most votes by the end of the day will be lynched. If there is no lynch by the time the clock runs down, the Sharpshooters are given the opportunity to kill any player of their choosing.

Deadline: (expired on 2018-10-11 10:23:50)
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:02 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Forgot to add these in! My apologies.

I don't think they'll be necessary, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

9. Do Not Discuss Substitutions, Concessions, Reports, or Infractions During Play
-
Shameless stolen from another mafia site!

These topics are forbidden to discuss during play, as it may cause people to infer alignment in a manner that has nothing to do with actual game play.

Discussing substitutions or discussing moderation, particularly after a moderator has instructed players not to, will be an infraction.

9a. Substitutions:
Noting that a player X has subbed for player Y is fine. Noting when that occurred is fine. Discussing why someone has been subbed out, announcing you will sub out, telling someone to sub out, public speculation as to someone's alignment based on the substitution itself, all forbidden. Think what you will about this person's alignment, at your own risk. But using the substitution as reasoning is disallowed. It's bad for the game.

To be clear, you can talk about the player who was subbed out. You can say that they were subbed out. You can say when they subbed out. You can say why the player that subbed out was scummy based on what they did or didn't do while they were a player. All that's being (not) discussed here is speculation as to why they subbed out. That's all the rule forbids. If you can be careful and stick to the legal stuff, you'll be fine. It's a very limited rule. The word "sub" is not lava, you can touch it. You don't get penalized for saying that a player was subbed in or out.

Just don't discuss why they were subbed out. The "why" is what is ruled out. Think what you will, speculate internally. Just remember, the part that is illegal is "why they subbed out." It's not part of the game.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:29 am

Post by BuJaber »

VOTE: wh4t
Whaat?
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:37 am

Post by Io »

VOTE: Edgelord5000
Morituri te salutant. Et semper mortem memini.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:37 am

Post by Io »

Wait think I misspelled XxdarkfrostxX.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:45 am

Post by Io »

VOTE: XxdarkfrostxX

Fixed
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:15 am

Post by BuJaber »

Two guns walk into a bar.
One of them turns to the other and says "May I ask you a question?" The other replies 'Shoot!'.
Walt
Walt
Townie
Walt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:30 am

Post by Walt »

Howdy y'all

VOTE: Wh4t

Ain't room enough in this town but fer one W**t

pew pew
Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 11, Io wrote:VOTE: XxdarkfrostxX

Fixed
VOTE: IO

oh duel mechanics. Who wants to bet someone throws rushes it.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:11 am

Post by Garmr »

Last time town rushed it and got another townie killed. Then day 2 scum did it. Then town was like derp he must be town. Then scum shoot me for saying the guy was probably scum (i think thats why)died.
Nicholas Cage
Nicholas Cage
Townie
Nicholas Cage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Nicholas Cage »

I do not aim with my hand
He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father
I aim with my eye

VOTE: walt
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:13 am

Post by ejjinami »

so many cheesy jokes

pew pew
VOTE: shoshin
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:15 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 17, ejjinami wrote:so many cheesy jokes

pew pew
VOTE: shoshin
You know why right?

Because it's Gorgunzola time.

Okay that's my last one I promise
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:16 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 15, Garmr wrote:Last time town rushed it and got another townie killed. Then day 2 scum did it. Then town was like derp he must be town. Then scum shoot me for saying the guy was probably scum (i think thats why)died.
lol, I was thinking of reading people this way...

btw, the game is nightless, so isn't dueling in the early game phases like super harmful?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:48 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

VOTE: io

All of your mothers wear army boots
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:06 am

Post by ejjinami »

every time someone posts a cheesy joke, god kills a kitten

stop making this world sad you damn idiots
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:11 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 19, ejjinami wrote:
In post 15, Garmr wrote:Last time town rushed it and got another townie killed. Then day 2 scum did it. Then town was like derp he must be town. Then scum shoot me for saying the guy was probably scum (i think thats why)died.

btw, the game is nightless, so isn't dueling in the early game phases like super harmful?
Because of white flag? Maybe but like ... towncred + potentially killing a townie + veng kill if they lose.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:28 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 22, BuJaber wrote:
In post 19, ejjinami wrote:

Because of white flag? Maybe but like ... towncred + potentially killing a townie + veng kill if they lose.
wait, what?
are you talking about town or mafia? I'm not following
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Io »

I mean, really I don't think the duels do anything.

It just makes the game go by faster because it makes it double lynch nightless.

Duel is literally just another lynch as it's the exact same mechanic.

Return to “Completed Open Games”