New physical Mafia game, SERPENTS

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
VectorArcade
VectorArcade
Watcher
VectorArcade
Watcher
Watcher

New physical Mafia game, SERPENTS

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:35 am

Post by VectorArcade »

Hey, guys.
Hopefully, it's cool for me to do this here.
My humble team just launched a Kickstarter for a mafia-inspired card game that allows for full customization.
We're 50% funded at the time of this post and trying to spread the word any way we can.
I thought I might find some people here who would be interested.
If you want to check it out, here's the link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... ref=dx9hi3

cheers!
Bryce, Vector Arcade
VectorArcade
VectorArcade
Watcher
VectorArcade
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:26 am

Post by VectorArcade »

In post 1, Majiffy wrote:How is it different from typical mafia?
We've added a couple mechanics that you don't find in basic mafia, one of which is similar to roles I've seen used before ("The Owl"), but the other ("The Rat") is totally unique as far as we're aware. In our game, Rats are typically "civilian" equivalents, but when choosing to play with their optional ability, they have a chance to identify one another during the night, giving them their own unique objective, like other players have.

Other than that, the biggest difference is not having to use a regular deck of cards. Everyone's ability is written on their card and the narrator is given reference cards to help things run more smoothly for players that are less experienced.

There are other Mafia-inspired games, but they all give you their own laid out set of rules. We designed our game to give just as much freedom to customize as a poker deck. We give you blank cards, so you can write in whatever roles you like, and even our "Serpent" and "Rat" cards are numbers, so they can be called on individually if necessary. We really just tried to make sure that any obscure way someone likes to play the game can be accommodated.
Our rules or your rules. You pick.

And the artwork is really cool. I'm not the artist on the team, so I can say that :]
Last edited by VectorArcade on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
VectorArcade
VectorArcade
Watcher
VectorArcade
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:28 am

Post by VectorArcade »

In post 4, McMenno wrote:No that's werewolves
Werewolf isn't built to customize. And to be totally honest, there are some rules unique to Werewolf that we didn't care for.

Return to “General Discussion”