Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:54 pm

Post by Nancy Drew Shogunate »

and yeah I think RR is town a whole lot here but lemme stop monologuing with the hydra partner :P

-tor
Hydra of Toranaga and Nancy Drew 39

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:55 pm

In post 1157, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:
In post 1142, CheekyTeeky wrote:@Tor thoughts on RR and Thor?
I didn't work on either ISO and didn't re-read anything so these are my impressions from just reading the thread in real time.

the way drixx and cerb are playing remind me a lot of their play as town in heroes wanted, which is the only experience I have with either. they're both analytical, cerb is more inquisite and drixx is more introspective. I remember townreading the slot emotionally as it was getting wagoned, but I don't remember why. they are both more or less exactly what I expect of them, so I have no reason to doubt they're town here. this isn't a null read btw, this is a townread. they're playing a version of their town games and are fine in my book. I also think the hydra is the strongest slot in the game and it should never be touched d1 because scum will want to SPK it.

Thor is curious. I've played with town!thor twice when I was also town, once in that game we met as you remember, and in another game I subbed out d1 when you were scum. a lot of what I see here is how thor phrases/questions people, but there's something he is doing here that's different from his other games, and it's both a difference in his personality and a difference in how he pushes people. I think it's really curious that he asked nancy to sheep him, as I don't expect him to, not when he is scumreading our slot, and not to anyone that just replaced in on d1. I expect town!thor to poke nancy to get a read off of her, question her on things, anything like that. I don't think thor believes asking nancy to sheep him will give him a reasonable read on nancy. and I don't think he is doing so because he strongly believes whoever he is voting is scum (I don't even know who he was voting then, it's how superficial he was about it). I also don't really expect thor to call my play "trash" in this game. I don't think I'm behaving any differently than the other games I had with thor, and even if I was, I expect him to act smarter when trying to parse me out. I don't remember us interacting on many things, if anything at all. I expect him to question me a whole lot here if he thinks I'm scum, and he is not doing that.
+1

Catching up on your posts first, I ISO’d RR earlier and 100% agree with this.

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:03 pm

In post 1249, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:anyway let me explain the things I disagree with cerb, then:

he is saying nothing elsa jay did in this game is worth to town because elsa said he can't see things from a towny perspective, and that means everything elsa did was fake. that's not true. even scum analyzes things from an honest standpoint at times, and we know what's the agenda behind elsa's posting, which is simply to survive. he may and will do things that are important for his wincon over town's wincon, but we know what that wincon is and we can predict when he is gonna act like that. being protective and townreading me, for instance, is something elsa can and will do as a result of wanting to have allies, as he keeps putting. that doesn't mean everything he does is fake and worthless. when elsa says he is not seeing things from a town perspective at times, that's just because he is honest. no one else in his shoes would, either. there's no need to pile on the player for stating the obvious that their wincon matters more to them than town's wincon.

-tor
I don’t disagree with this. However, I also kind of think it’s irrelevant. It really doesn’t matter to me what perspective EJ is coming from, all I care about is his actions and how they affect town and that was my point.
In post 1250, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:and yeah I think RR is town a whole lot here but lemme stop monologuing with the hydra partner :P

-tor
:P

~ Nancy

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:47 pm

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

NicoRobin (5):
Malakittens (1191),Nancy Drew Shogunate (1197),Reasonably Rational (1200),Flicker (1207),Elsa Jay (1208),
Flicker (4):
northsidegal (153),the worst (1050),BuJaber (1079),Chickadee (1241),
Reasonably Rational (2):
NicoRobin (473),Thor665 (544),
BuJaber (2):
Skygazer (881),CheekyTeeky (1083),
Elsa Jay (1):
Toogeloo (729),
Nancy Drew Shogunate (1):
Chara (776),
Not voting (2):
TPFKAP,randomidget,

(expired on 2018-10-16 02:00:00) remain.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1151, Reasonably Rational wrote:This is the only time I'm going to say this, because I don't think we need to kill Elsa now, but...

I want everyone who knows the flavor, and realizes that this game seems designed to have many killing roles on both/all sides(depending on single/multiball), to consider this.

Is it more likely that Simon is a neutral doctor, or that the Alliance, who has multiple doctors and is likely scum, has a scum doctor.

Just...

Think about that.

End setup/spec.

-Cerb
Let's presume for a moment that 100% guranteed Elsa is a Mafia Doc.
What is her theoretical path to victory that has you concerned considering this is Day 1 in a Large and the odds of there being more than 1 killing role is basically also 100% - especially if she is, as you fear, a Mafia Doc?

This is more empty fearmongering gak and info blather with no actual valid point behind it.
Yet for some reason people aggressively are town reading you for this.
It's very frustrating.
In post 1157, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:I didn't work on either ISO and didn't re-read anything so these are my impressions from just reading the thread in real time.
[snip]
I don't think thor believes asking nancy to sheep him will give him a reasonable read on nancy. and I don't think he is doing so because he strongly believes whoever he is voting is scum (I don't even know who he was voting then, it's how superficial he was about it).
I note that the first sentence is *very much* needed in order to make the second claim, which is pretty silly then. I've not been shy in describing my opinion.
In post 1157, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:I also don't really expect thor to call my play "trash" in this game. I don't think I'm behaving any differently than the other games I had with thor, and even if I was, I expect him to act smarter when trying to parse me out.
Interesting, so even though I've called you 'trash' and noted explicitly that you're spending a lot of time to say very little your conclusion is that Thor would never think this of you (why?) and that I should "act smarter" when trying to parse you. Which ignores that you've been avoiding me until directly asked about me, and wasted almost a third of our time together in a rage wall with RC, and has you complaining that I'm not trying to parse your partner in a way you understand (while blatantly ignoring that parsing her counts as parsing you).
:neutral:
Why are you being intentionally obtuse to toss sideways mud on me off such thin tells?
In post 1213, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 1207, Flicker wrote:VOTE: NicoRobin

I find her thread presence (or rather, lack thereof) highly unsatisfactory.
What do you think about TPFKAP's presence?
I like this.
In post 1243, Toogeloo wrote:Elsa playing like a 3rd party sheep, surprise surprise. And that new role info too...

People are insane for even remotely thinking Elsa won't stab town in the back. If we mislynch even a couple of times, we'll hit a point of no return to remove third party Survivor from the game. But apparently we have no power roles to help game solve during the night phase and we need to know all the scumz by the end of day 1, so let's ignore the claimed scum (yes Survivor is still scum, any non town alignment is), and cross our fingers, am I right?
What is your expectation of all the scum wincons?
Like, literally all that needs to exist to bone Elsa is an SK - whose wincon is generally "be the last thing alive" whose wincon directly opposes a Survivor wincon for Elsa to basically be boned very quickly. And, incidentally, also falls into an issue for RR's silly "mafia doc!" fear.
Why are you sweating this before a night phase has passed?
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:11 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1190, Elsa Jay wrote:I got a feeling that - considering this is the third time - people are gonna start using me being Neutral and have a full blown discussion about me may also be using it as less time spent actually scum hunting.
This definitely applies to you, Toogeloo. Look at your own ISO real quick. Going for me isnt productive for town atm, yet you still do so.

At this point I think your a jester with how shit you've been doing this. Or a Lyncher who rolled the Survivor slot.

Or just mafia in general, but I'm still trying to keep in mind for everyone there may be another Neutral.

Seriously, can we evaluate Toogeloo next? My sanity won't take much more.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:19 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 167, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 163, northsidegal wrote:
In post 160, CheekyTeeky wrote:Oh god NSG is scummy...
:neutral:

how?
Tone. Stiff. Forced. Gut.

Will let you breathe for now I trust RCs read on you so it'll become more obvious with time.
In post 429, CheekyTeeky wrote:{Mala}
{BuJaber, Flicker, Chick, RC, Reasonably Rational, Toogeloo}
{NicoRobin}
{NSG, Skygazer, TheWorst}
{Elsa, Toranaga}

Zero posters: Randomidget, Thor*, TPFKAP.

*only one to have confirmed.
In post 452, CheekyTeeky wrote:VOTE: Reasonably reasonable
In post 886, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 881, Skygazer wrote:VOTE: bujaber

876 is eh
Agree.
In post 898, CheekyTeeky wrote:VOTE: BuJaber

Yes stay Tor.
@TW - these are the kind of posts that are giving me a sheepy vibe from Cheeky.

Sky's posting has been underwhelming.

I thought we were done with the unnecessary talk about Elsa... but here we are back to page 6ish shenanigans.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:25 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Clearly I'm too amazing and beautiful to ignore for long.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:27 am

Post by BuJaber »

With Elsa, Nancy Drew and RR taking up most of the posts I'm thinking theres definitely scum lurking. Because I don't think any of those 3 are scum. Like I haven't been impressed with RR's analysis of people so far, and they're way too focused on Elsa and general setup/role things but sheer postcount and sort of picking unnecessary and stupid fights doesn't seem like it comes from scum.

I'm fine assuming cheeky is town for now ftr. When I went looking for the sheepy posts I saw that her ISO is better than I remember.

Not that I'm sure of my townread on you yet tw.

VOTE: TFPKAP
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:59 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 574, Elsa Jay wrote:Not this whole game, Cerb. just until I find the right allies to stick with. right now since Tora is nice Imma be on his side.

since you all might feel it later, I claim Neutral Doctor. apparently with all the kill mechanics I was necessary.

P-Edit: well I might be losing a friend soon. soooo.....

Who wants heals?
This was when I claimed Neutral Doctor.

The interim between then and now is the RC/Tora clash, multiple discussions about me, and no single wagon getting any real steam yet to force a reaction. That was over half the game ago now.

Perhaps going for the well known Lurker isn't the best bet and for now we go for someone we think is scummy AND here.

Townies need info and I need to do shit to live, so let's think about our next move. Preferably on a slot that'll fight back.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:15 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1243, Toogeloo wrote:Elsa playing like a 3rd party sheep, surprise surprise. And that new role info too...

People are insane for even remotely thinking Elsa won't stab town in the back. If we mislynch even a couple of times, we'll hit a point of no return to remove third party Survivor from the game. But apparently we have no power roles to help game solve during the night phase and we need to know all the scumz by the end of day 1, so let's ignore the claimed scum (yes Survivor is still scum, any non town alignment is), and cross our fingers, am I right?
What information would you hope to gain from a 3p flip D1?
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:30 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

He's hoping to get rid of me before i become a "threat".

So he's basically advocating I die not for what I've done, but what I COULD do. Which is always shitty.

You can kill anyone here with that line of reasoning.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:56 am

Post by BuJaber »

If you're saying we should wagon toogle I can get on board, though he's a bit 'too scummy to be scum' atm and he doesn't strike me as a noob.

But I intentionally did not want to vote say flicker anymore because I think I can get a more confident read with time, just like I did with RR.

So yeah right now vote on an inactive seems very good. Until people drop their townread on RC slot anyway.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:59 am

Post by Chickadee »

I just want him to play out how he sees this scenario going. I'm trying to humor him for a second to see where this goes.

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

May I make a suggestion?

If there's a vigilante, may I inquire a bullet in Toogeloos head?

And Jaber, the "too scummy to be scum" doesn't apply as much in Multiball.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
TPFKAP
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:11 am

Post by TPFKAP »

who started talking about multiball?

VOTE: elsa jay
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:13 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1265, TPFKAP wrote:who started talking about multiball?

The neutral Doctor who's confirmed Multiball for half the game.

VOTE: TPFKAP

Now that tells me you've read jackshit about the thread, because otherwise you'd know that.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:24 am

Post by Chickadee »

Poooorkens. Why would make such a bad vote?

Please read the game. It's actually been pretty interesting.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1255, Elsa Jay wrote:Seriously, can we evaluate Toogeloo next? My sanity won't take much more.
At the time he bore into you as a lynch candidate people were *very* okay with you. It's not what i'd expect from scum.
Compare/contrast with how RR went into you after Toog made his play - incidentally what I would expect from scum.
I'd guess the slot is distracted town running on policy rails - don't think there's a lot of gold there unless you have some angle I'm not seeing.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:43 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

You have to look at everything they contributed tho.

Look through his ISO and you'll see what I see.

Nothing but focus on me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

As long as we ignore the first half of his ISO I'd agree with you, but if we ignore the second half then RR could argue Toog was doing nothing but focus on him.
Seems pretty weak - you're a Survivor, so I get the idea of wanting to lynch a guy that wants you dead, but I don't see the scum concept there.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:03 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Guess its hard to explain my perspective there to you, but fine.

So your thoughts on TPF not even knowing it was Multiball then? Because that just screams scum not paying attention.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1271, Elsa Jay wrote:Guess its hard to explain my perspective there to you, but fine.

So your thoughts on TPF not even knowing it was Multiball then? Because that just screams scum not paying attention.
I personally think it really falls more into my original point about the slot that he's posting stuff to seem active while not actually doing anything.

If you want me to repeat that I find the slot scummy I'll do so - the new info is hardly shocking to anyone who has been paying attention to that slot though.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:24 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Then this seems like an arbitrary question to ask, but... Would You like to vote them?

Also, news alert, on the activity feed I was Robin lurking. I'm expecting decent content from her.
TPFKAP
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:04 am

Post by TPFKAP »

In post 1266, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 1265, TPFKAP wrote:who started talking about multiball?

The neutral Doctor who's confirmed Multiball for half the game.

VOTE: TPFKAP

Now that tells me you've read jackshit about the thread, because otherwise you'd know that.
oh yeah you caught me i can be bothered to read this many pages

VOTE: unvote

VOTE: nicorobin

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”