ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:08 am

Post by ruru »

In post 2481, the worst wrote:which is a read you've been arrogantly tunnelling like a Good Townie all game instead of stopping and trying to engage with me and sort me

:] Nice.
I still think this post is really bizarre

I made a lot of effort to get him to help me read him on d1 and he just constantly ignored or evaded my questions or like explicitly didn't want to talk to me
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:30 am

Post by ruru »

historically I've found that one or two towntells that make me question my scumread among many strong scumtells (pintu in 728, etc.) are usually just manufactured and wrong and that's making me really hesitant here but maybe in this case that doesn't apply and tw is actually just town playing really scummy (and doing an antitown a50 gambit that may have been going on for longer than just his pr soft today and isn't really clearly scum-indicative here because it's conceivable town play even though I think it's really bad in this context).

(I say two because in addition to my posts in this game there's another strong meta towntell I'm not saying and another strong meta scumtell I'm not saying on his slot currently)

like I know tw cares about his reputation and this sitewide replace would be so dishonorable as scum that he's basically trust telling and I think I'm more willing to believe that he wouldn't do this as scum and his play is just coincidentally super scummy to me

maybe his scumgame is good enough that the things I think are scumtells are nai and I've seen too much of his scumgame and not enough of his town game or something I don't know
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:31 am

Post by ruru »

In post 2523, Irrelephant11 wrote:I mean it's either genuine or has nothing to do with his feelings about this game
this post is bad.

VOTE: Irrelephant11
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:34 am

Post by ruru »

and I really think we should just massclaim today
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:59 am

Post by ofrhz »

the worst has requested replacement

Performer replaces the worst. Welcome :D
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:02 am

Post by ofrhz »

VOTE COUNT 3.5
Alonzo (0):

Performer (0):

ruru (1):
Performer
BuJaber (0):

Enigma (0):

Irrelephant11 (1):
ruru
skitter30 (0):

Korina (0):

No Kill (1):
BuJaber

Not Voting (5):
Alonzo, Enigma, skitter30, Korina, Irrelephant11

With
alive, it takes
to kill.
Day 3 ends in (expired on 2018-10-16 07:30:00)

Other:

- skitter30 V/LA Fridays and Saturdays
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:09 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2527, ruru wrote:
In post 2523, Irrelephant11 wrote:I mean it's either genuine or has nothing to do with his feelings about this game
this post is bad.

VOTE: Irrelephant11
why don't you like it?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2529, ofrhz wrote:
the worst has requested replacement

Performer replaces the worst. Welcome :D
goodbye duckling :(

hello performer!
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Performer »

hey everyone!
Thanks for the welcome, skitter.
I am absolutely not reading 100+ pages.

Things to do:
-figure out why tw voted ruru
-do some ISOs
-prioritize sorting alonzo as he's the only person I know in the 7 other people
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Performer »

Also, can I get a summary of what's happened so far? That would be great.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:23 am

Post by ruru »

I feel like it's... pretty clearly related to his feelings about the game? like site rules but yeah.

if I assume tw is town which is kind of where I'm at right now then obviously me continuing to tunnel the slot and talking about the possibility that tw just coincidentally doesn't feel like playing mafia right now is beneficial to scum
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:30 am

Post by ruru »

also hi performer I've tunneled your slot for like 100 pages but now I think you're town.

I'll summarize in a bit if nobody else wants to

I guess I need to re-re-evaluate enigma too
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Is everybody here ok with a hydra replacing into a slot? If not, let me know either in thread or by PM in the next, say, 20 hours.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Alonzo »

##vote no hydras allowed
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by ruru »

am I allowed to ask who asked to replace?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 2538, Alonzo wrote:##vote no hydras allowed
Okay I won’t accept the in considering this
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Ruru - Repout NAI. Can't say more

As long as we agree to massclaim + lynch.

Though I'm still in favor of no lynch + no massclaim just for tonight
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Alonzo »

RR/TW is the scum team

Change my mind.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Enigma »

Hi I'm reading and writing from start of D3 onwards so thoughts and comments may change throughout the post(s). Am going to post in blocks so it does not become a wall.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 2253, Irrelephant11 wrote:Sort of annoyed Gamma was the lynch
This looks bad - kinda like an ohh look it was a mislynch why didn't you listen to me.

@elephant
You seem to ignore that you at EoD2 you actually said GE was one of your strongest scum reads .... so why are you annoyed when you thought Gamma was potential scum?
In post 2115, Irrelephant11 wrote:K so I've finished reading EOD1-EarlyD2 and I'm at somewhere like

{Creature, me}
{skitter30, the worst}
{BuJaber, ruru}
{Alonzo, Vex/Kor} - null
{Enigma, Gamma}
{Not yet able to form super hard scumreads but I'm trying}

Can someone make a case for why I should have a [insert your read here] on Korina? Really struggling to see much beyond like the number of posts and some early messy setup spec
Maybe I just haven't found the parts of the thread where he really TOWNED IT UP but, please show me

pedit: sure, I don't actually think he's going to double bus two days in a row, that was more of a "Don't lynch till you've BoP'd" (semi-joking) argument
It's more like I don't think he's an optimal lynch d1 when he was so clearly a big reason why someone flipped red d2
Nobody seems to be considering that tw might just have good reads - you yourself admit the slot was doomed, so why is it TMI for tw to scumread the slot?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 2254, BuJaber wrote:{Tw, enigma, elephant, alonzo}
If I'm not cop that's my scumpool.
This is my scumpool if I'm cop:
{Enigma, elephant}

VOTE: Enigma
Any reason me over elephant?
In post 2255, Irrelephant11 wrote:hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMM

VOTE: Enigma
@BuJ, thoughts on this? Do you think I'm scum and elephant is my scum partner?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:08 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 2299, Irrelephant11 wrote:skitter is still a top townread, as is the worst

working on more thorough vca and re-reading more of the thread because idk what else to be doing rn
In post 2290, Irrelephant11 wrote:I'll note here that you've basically cashed in any d1 towncred by your gamma vote
my inno on you notwithstanding I don't know that I have strong reasoning remaining to defend your slot
So
Be towny
These are only a bit apart and are in direct contradiction of each other... So do you think tw is scum? (sorry if you answer this later)
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:20 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 2303, Irrelephant11 wrote:I'll note regarding those townreading enigma for his EOD1 play that I've seen scum do "I don't care who's lynched let's just lynch" near the end of the day to look towny - if he thought his partner was likely to flip regardless, might as well play it that way

BuJaber vote placements aren't stellar at first glance but I thought I townread some of his posts, and nothing damning has come up in vca yet

@enigma how do the flips affect your reads?
I actually don't mind GE got lynched, because he would have been a disaster to sort late game and would be unlikely to have been NKd anyways. Because I was the alternate wagon, scum probably had it easy with mislynches in either direction so I kinda suspect they had a rather low-key presence EoD. Whilst duck's hammer looks meh, from my PoV as the other wagon it doesn't look so bad since I think scum would just sit back and chill. Actually makes me read your slot a bit more red really once considering EoD2.
In post 2308, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2302, Enigma wrote:I’m l-2 already wow :/ uggh, bet that at least one scum on my wagon already ...
@engima: who do you think it is?
BuJ and/or elephant. More so elephant actually. Somehow TR duck a bit (knowing he repped out, but having not read most the other pages since this quote).
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 2306, Irrelephant11 wrote:The first time CJV was up for a lynch, this was Enigma's set of thoughts
In post 1009, Enigma wrote:The speed at which the CJ wagon formed is a bit off putting .. the VCA will be interesting if/when he flips

CJ and NWMM are so contentless I can barely make a read, and I don't even know if CJ has read the whole thread yet ...
Reading Open 733 where CJ was scum (with tw), CJ actually (pretends) to scumhunt a bit, actively pushes mislynches, and interacts with the gamestate. Open 725 is a bit of a mess to read, but CJ feels also a bit more actively driving lynches (and he was bussing his partner AP).

Maybe part of why I'm hesitant, in addition to CJ simply having zero content, is a lack of CJ voting on someone so far and advancing the game state. I've also mislynched CJ in other games, partly because he was lurky and didn't get a chance to defend himself. But I've also seen town CJ defend himself as the lynch target when he was more active.

So meta wise I don't quite see the picture on CJ.
In post 1011, Enigma wrote:
In post 927, the worst wrote:IDK what I'm getting from cjv is pretty similar to the current best meta tell on scum!Creature

normally it feels like he's mislynched because he lurks for ages then says what's actually on his mind without stepping anyone through his thought processes and his reads are actually often absolutely fine it's just he doesn't always explain them

here he's taken quite a lot of time to produce incredibly safe reads with reasoning and then occasionally floats in and says the game is moving too fast

I just kinda want something that blows my mind, or a lynch
I'm also bad at reading posts so just properly read this. After my previous post defending with CJ, I do agree that this is somewhat scummy. Do you (tw, and AP) think his activity is comparable to his past scum games? My meta dive was really quick, though I kinda felt CJ was a bit more active in those games.
In post 1012, Enigma wrote:Tbh my preference is still frank as he has yet to satisfactory alleviate the scum concerns on him.
Would not be opposed to CJ vig shot, maybe because I'm not convinced about his alignment (and maybe there is/isn't a vig) but also because I'm kinda interested to know how CJ flips just to figure out the deal with wagon dynamics lol.

Need to read Gamma properly.

Would like to see more from Bujaber and HWS as not sure about their slots.
And what is your conclusion from this? And why did you vote alonzo in your subsequent post?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Enigma »

Skipped some replies to tw's chain of posts on me on pg 98 since he won't reply, but let me know if anyone has specifics they would like me to address

Return to “Completed Open Games”