Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:08 am

Post by DS »

In post 54, GuiltyLion wrote:VOTE: Vaxkiller

ez

the worst I'm not scum this time! RC I'm still not scum this time!
Inb4 confirmed scum
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:10 am

Post by BNL »

VC 1.7lane0168 (3): , ,
theslimer3 (3): , ,
Porkens (2): ,
ManateeDude (2): ,
RadiantCowbells (1):
Vaxkiller (1):
northsidegal (1):

Not Voting (0): :)

With 13 players alive it takes 7 to lynch

The deadline is 17 October 11:30am UTC-4, or in (expired on 2018-10-17 11:30:00)

Mod notes:
DS replaces the worst
Last edited by BNL on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:11 am

Post by DS »

In post 81, northsidegal wrote:
In post 79, RadiantCowbells wrote:i'm skeptical that nsg is town here.
-shrug-

sometimes, at night, i'm skeptical whether the sun will come up again or if it'll be dark out forever. i think both of our problems are solved the same way.
With a bullet to the brain or a case of lynching asphyxiation
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:13 am

Post by DS »

In post 90, lane0168 wrote:
In post 89, the worst wrote:
In post 87, lane0168 wrote:UNVOTE: radiantcowbells
Why the unvote?
Because Im not trying to lynch rc right now.
But how about later?

How about now? Since this a catch up and all
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:16 am

Post by DS »

In post 108, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 103, GuiltyLion wrote:I had no problem with Manatee's poke on slimer and I'm not sure why it caught interest between both lane and Kokichi. feels like there could be scum between those two

Vax is still a good vote IMO
In post 93, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 66, Porkens wrote:too many lurkers
Why would you post this less than 24 hours into the game..?

Bonus points for not posting anything after calling out lurkers less than a day in, too.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Porkens
Lady Angel, do you really think Porkens' comment is the most scum-indicative/noteworthy thing that has happened so far? I'm surprised that this was what you felt was most important to comment on
I don't form reads very fast. So yeah, that was the thing that stuck out the most to me so far. How can you even call out "Lurkers" before there's 24 hours passed?

Probably not the most scummy thing ever but I have nothing else right now.
Tagging this as pinging my scumdar. This is something scum does often, picking a small little thing and trying to make it into more than it is.
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:18 am

Post by DS »

In post 121, lane0168 wrote:
In post 118, ManateeDude wrote:so im literally being wagoned b/c of an early game misunderstanding?
Indirectly you could make that argument if you wanted. It would be incomplete. I wanted clarification, you didn't acknowledge or respond. More than once. And that's why I am voting you. And now I'm trying to figure out why you didn't just say it was a misunderstanding in the first place
Here's scum #2
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:30 am

Post by DS »

In post 135, the worst wrote:
In post 108, Lady Angel wrote:don't form reads very fast. So yeah, that was the thing that stuck out the most to me so far. How can you even call out "Lurkers" before there's 24 hours passed?

wolfy
Maybe the worst wasn't so bad after all, or perhaps it's just an obvious read
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:31 am

Post by DS »

In post 135, the worst wrote:
In post 108, Lady Angel wrote:don't form reads very fast. So yeah, that was the thing that stuck out the most to me so far. How can you even call out "Lurkers" before there's 24 hours passed?

wolfy
In post 139, lane0168 wrote:
In post 130, GuiltyLion wrote:okay so let's drill into this Manatee/Lane thing a bit
In post 111, lane0168 wrote:When someone votes seriously, I'm interested. You don't have to be. But I want to know what he means. He doesn't want to explain it. Can you explain it? If not, does it matter to you the reasons for people's cases? If not, why not?
in my view, slimer's original comment was nothing more than a joke and NAI. but I can easily imagine how someone else may not see it as just a joke and could have inferred some weird/unnecessary shade in it. I don't agree with that read, I don't immediately share Manatee's suspicion, but I can understand it so I also don't see it as disingenuous, especially for a page 1 read/vote. And that's entirely the level of thought I feel is necessary to evaluate the whole thing. I have a plausible town explanation for Manatee's behavior, no solid reason to prefer an alternative scum!explanation, and therefore it's not worth diving into further.

You can't seem to imagine this relatively simple town!Manatee explanation for his vote and that's more concerning to me. How much can Manatee really offer beyond what he's said already? He thought the shade that he saw in that post was weird so he voted it. What more would you expect him to explain? Yours doesn't feel like a productive line of questioning, it looks more like busy work to start conflicts and get a foot in the game. Maybe in the abstract, "are weird posts scummy?" is a good question for the Mafia Discussion board, but if you want to dive that deep into every single vote or claim that anyone makes you're going to rapidly lose sight of the bigger picture and create a bunch of tangential arguments that only become noise in the thread.

And what also looks bad is how you're strawmanning me here - I have never suggested that "the reasons for people's cases" don't matter to me. But Manatee's vote was a) not nearly at the level I would call a 'case', and b) already sufficiently explained for what it was
You just answered my questions... To you, my interest in the situation was scummy. I wanted to figure out how/why you were disinterested. I asked you about it. And you just now answered.

I can imagine it coming from town or scum, that is why I asked about it. I had questions. I wanted them answered. If I couldn't imagine them coming from town, my questions would've been paired with a vote. A vote that came later after manatee wouldnt acknowledge the questions. And were ultimately explained away as a misunderstanding. Which can come from town or scum, but doesnt pass the smell test.

I can see scum latching on to something pregame to insert THEMselves into the game immediately.

Again, I'm not offended if you didn't feel the need to dive into it, but I did. And I'm not exactly satisfied with the "so I'm being wagoned for a misunderstanding" bit. Not much of a wagon, and there wouldn't be one at all if he just answered the questions. I can't say for certain there wouldn't be I guess, but not answering was the biggest reason for voting him.
Can someone with meta knowledge of this person tell me if unnecessary walls are common for them?
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:33 am

Post by DS »

In post 161, theslimer3 wrote:I mean, the idea of someone proving that their town to get a free "hey, I'll help you lynch whoever you want" just seems anti-town in the way of trying to find scum.
The the inscentive is "I'll lynch you" if you dont. I mean who the hell does that?
I fall firmly in the camp of finding town just as important if not more so than finding scum reads
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:34 am

Post by DS »

In post 161, theslimer3 wrote:I mean, the idea of someone proving that their town to get a free "hey, I'll help you lynch whoever you want" just seems anti-town in the way of trying to find scum.
The the inscentive is "I'll lynch you" if you dont. I mean who the hell does that?
In post 163, theslimer3 wrote:You could be sherlock holmes, I'd still be iffy about your judgment. Theoretically of course
Scum #3
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:36 am

Post by DS »

In post 163, theslimer3 wrote:You could be sherlock holmes, I'd still be iffy about your judgment. Theoretically of course
In post 167, northsidegal wrote:i don't really have one right now. slimer is someone who i remember seeing in a lot of the games that i read before my first game and around that time of my first games, but i don't really remember any specific meta nor do i think it would be smart to think that it'd be the same after all this time.

on an individual level, tone-wise i've felt like he's been pretty natural, but looking at it again just right now content-wise he's kind of lacking which makes me lean towards scum. i don't get the sense that there are reads that he really cares about from his posting - he's just sort of making conversation with people. that being said, i've been kind of sitting back when it comes to reads myself, so i'm not sure necessarily how scum-indicative it is.

obviously i was just talking about this but his concern over you sheeping me kind of pings me. like, is "if i realize that you're town i will help you lynch your scumreads" really something that's that scary to think about? it also seems to assume that you're town too - or at least, he hasn't showed any concerns that you might be scum doing all this.
I appreciate this post. It shows process of thought and a second guessing about personal reads which scum often lacks. Hard tr
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:40 am

Post by DS »

Do y'all do vote counts or nah
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:40 am

Post by DS »

VOTE: Lady Angel
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:12 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

DS understand that the person you claimed as a hard townread is someone that I am hard scumreading and have never been wrong on
so I'd calm down on saying that you're the best unless you're scum here.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:13 am

that said I think that you're scum

I think the entire scumteam is DS/Slimer3/NSG
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:14 am

Post by DS »

In post 238, RadiantCowbells wrote:DS understand that the person you claimed as a hard townread is someone that I am hard scumreading and have never been wrong on
Okay now what about the people I'm scum reading? I'll trust my judgment over yours btw.
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:16 am

Post by DS »

In post 239, RadiantCowbells wrote:that said I think that you're scum

Ooh, saucey. So you both think that I am scum and that I am sussing one of my teammates in my opening salvo? Can you go further into your scum read on me? Expound, if you will. I assume it is not solely based on me townreading one of your scum reads?
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:17 am

Post by DS »

I realize now that I fucked up quotes multiple times in that whole catch upZ my bad!
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:26 am

Post by DS »

RC, I notice that you have been tunneling NSG since post . What was this deeply insightful read that you got off of her yarrr post?
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:27 am

Post by DS »

dont click that 17

i

obviously dont know how to use this site yet
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:30 am

OK

please lynch DS when NSG flips scum

this reaction to being called out for it is incredibly SvS indicative.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:31 am

like slimer's reaction was terrible but this is actually worse.
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:34 am

Post by DS »

Okay but again - Expound on your thoughts please. Why is my reaction worse?
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:34 am

Post by DS »

Why do you think im sussing Slimer?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:36 am

In post 240, DS wrote:
In post 238, RadiantCowbells wrote:DS understand that the person you claimed as a hard townread is someone that I am hard scumreading and have never been wrong on
Okay now what about the people I'm scum reading? I'll trust my judgment over yours btw.
In post 241, DS wrote:
In post 239, RadiantCowbells wrote:that said I think that you're scum

Ooh, saucey. So you both think that I am scum and that I am sussing one of my teammates in my opening salvo? Can you go further into your scum read on me? Expound, if you will. I assume it is not solely based on me townreading one of your scum reads?
In post 243, DS wrote:RC, I notice that you have been tunneling NSG since post . What was this deeply insightful read that you got off of her yarrr post?
like holy trinity of terrible

1) discrediting my NSG read
2) trying to get towncred because they 'sussed one of their teammates in their opening salvo' like scum aren't gonna distance early
3) making the excuse for not voting NSG that they're gonna trust their reads over mine

when someone says they have an 100% accurate read somewhere and that you're wrong I would expect anyone who makes the claim to be this competent to figure out if the claim is true
when someone rolls scum with NSG and has this big of an ego I expect them to think that they can deflect and discredit me and that's exactly the response that we got.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”