DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by DS »

In post 470, theslimer3 wrote:
Did you not read the posts that were made no less than 4 posts away from what you just posted?
I mean I've been saying all game that RC'a progression sucked if you actually saw a reason that made since for his sudden flip of votes from NSG 100% lock scum to hey i think it's slimer and ds to hey maybe it could be NSG but we should Lynch DS to just lynching DS to hey actually p sure slimer is town was just a horrible progression from the jump and he completely proved my point.
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by DS »

Holy shit auto correct

*RC's progression
*sense
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

VOTE: NSG

I do agree that his flip flop attitude is more than weird. But it is possible that it's a meta thing. I tend to do that in newbies for some reason since some of them are so fresh, but RC's down right acting weird here. I'd like to see NSG's flip before I pursue him, but I'll certainly be keeping a pretty close eye on him
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by DS »

In post 455, RadiantCowbells wrote:and that's the problem with all the people I've met who are good scum on other sites. they're
predictable
. they can play one meta extremely well, sure, but that's all they can do.
Idk site rules or meta, but can we comment on a player's activity in an open game vs their activity in this one or nah?
In the vaguest possible terms, yes. For example, you can say I've posted significantly more in other games that this one or vice versa.
You cannot talk to specific patterns in said ongoing game.
In post 467, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 420, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 416, Lady Angel wrote:- RC gets like this when he really believes he's correct and isn't being listened to
- RC gets like this when he's trying to bus someone and isn't being listened to
Are these situations really different though? Like if I believe I'm correct cuz scum vs bussing is it really all that different?
In post 421, RadiantCowbells wrote:I mean I guess I'm not doing myself a whole lot of favors here but intrinsically me getting pissed off because I'm not listened to isn't gonna be that different whether I'm town or scum at the time.
This is fair.
In post 422, RadiantCowbells wrote:Pushing on NSG was, for whatever reason, extremely taxing on me mentally and it's not something that I can deal with today. I can't do it. I don't think she's town, but I can't push her.
I would rather kick the can to later in the game, I'm not afraid of NSG suddenly walking away and not getting lynched and if I'm somehow wrong I'm sure she'll prove it to me.
And for the record: what you have done is proven that I believe in what I was pushing. I did believe in what I was pushing. I don't want to push it right now.
And if you say so, I'll believe it for now. Really not sure what to make of DS right now but the fact that he keeps trying to tie different people to me is very interesting. Even more interesting is the fact that he's not really trying to push any of his reads besides me, and even then he's not really pushing his supposed read on me as much, since roughly 90% of his posts are directed at RC or are outright filler. He's probably scummy but I'm going to leave my vote off for now and read his ISO more, since I might just be annoyed at him being really arrogant as opposed to actually sring him. Will be back tomorrow.

It's not arrogance if it's true.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 471, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 469, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why is your whole post bolded
So that it can stand out
Understandable, pretty smart tbh
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by BNL »

VC 1.13theslimer3 (5): , , , ,
(L-2)

northsidegal (3): , ,
DS (2): ,
RadiantCowbells (1):
ManateeDude (1):
Vaxkiller (1):

Not Voting (0): :)

With 13 players alive it takes 7 to lynch

The deadline is 17 October 11:30am UTC-4, or in (expired on 2018-10-17 11:30:00)

Mod Notes:
In post 474, theslimer3 wrote:Oh. Well.. how do I delete posts again? <.<
Deleting posts is not allowed and not possible anyway
Last edited by BNL on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by DS »

In post 468, theslimer3 wrote:
Just a few catchup thoughts here before I get too far behind.

In post 224, DS wrote:
In post 7, Vaxkiller wrote:Ok.

VOTE: theworst
Really, this slot caught the first vote?

I find it interesting that you even care that this is a thing. It was RVS and usually that point is to toy around and test people.

Did you even read that section of the thread before commenting on my comment? If you had you would realize that cam before the game even started. You're literally shading me for nothing.
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by DS »

*came

Autocorrect

Ifhusm
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 479, Gamma Emerald wrote:
So that it can stand out
Eh, I'm used to posting on forums that have some pretty bad quote mechanics. It's just something I grew to learn to do

@DS: I just find it interesting. Nothing more than a point in the back of my head. I'm sure theres a hundred ways I could have called it scummy if I thought it was
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:46 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 480, BNL wrote:
In post 474, theslimer3 wrote:Oh. Well.. how do I delete posts again? <.<
Deleting posts is not allowed and not possible anyway
No worries, it was a joke. I've been playing since 2012
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 454, DS wrote:It's gonna be

Soooooooooo

Fucking funny when I flip bro

I can't even put into words how funny it will be.

This is a great first game on this site for me, thanks RC
VOTE: DS

i think it will be funny
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by DS »

In post 483, theslimer3 wrote:
So that it can stand out
Eh, I'm used to posting on forums that have some pretty bad quote mechanics. It's just something I grew to learn to do

@DS: I just find it interesting. Nothing more than a point in the back of my head. I'm sure theres a hundred ways I could have called it scummy if I thought it was
"If I thought it was"

Indicating that you don't actually believe it was because you know I'm town

Lol slip
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Lol no
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

eh okay sorry it took me a bit longer to come back home than I anticipated, I have read up now but won't be making a ton of effort posts tonight. will engage a bit more tomorrow

I still think NSG is town and would advocate pretty strongly against that lynch today. I've played a handful of games with NSG and I don't think she engages with RC the way she did here as scum, nor does she make that "here are my notes look how fast I had this prepared" post. I can't rigorously justify it yet but I definitely gut feel there's more towniness coming from that slot than not.

Which makes me like RC's push a lot less, it feels more motivated-towards-an-end than it does genuine. I chronically have a hard time reading RC, it's possible he's manipulating/pushing her for an agenda as town, but as it stands I think he could be scum. I don't really like the DS push either, RC put way too much stock in which read to me like a very casual/off-handed post. I don't see it as stirring the pot or really advancing any kind of scum!agenda at all. Also I think DS' reads in are fairly on point.

slimer is kinda meh. I'll revisit that slot again tomorrow but nothing's stood out, which is bad.

Gamma is a locktown read, this is starting to feel more like town!lane, Manatee feels v town. Overall my heads probably about here

{Gamma}
{NSG, Manatee}
{lane, DS}
{Porkens, Kokichi, Not_Mafia}
{slimer, RC, Vax}
{Lady Angel}

Lady Angel feels like really awkward scum. Every post feels fake and all her hedges look disingenuous.
VOTE: Lady Angel
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:39 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 416, Lady Angel wrote:Did my homework. Think I'm ready to present.

VOTE: Northsidegal

Something about RC and NSG's de-escalation felt very off to me, and while I can't claim to be in either of their headspaces, I wanted to check it out. So I went and read through part of Lynch The Wolves, a game in which RC was Scum and NSG was town, and here's a summary of what I found:

RC, as Scum, could've pushed onto NSG using the same tactic he did here (claiming to be able to read her 100% of the time), but likely didn't too much because it would've looked bad when NSG flipped town. However, RC did vote on NSG at one point, when NSG was the leading wagon, and unlike this game, backed off quickly. Why didn't we have a repeat of this game? Because RC knew NSG was town. He even brought up his ability to read her 100% of the time just to discredit a fellow scum's SR on her. So it makes sense that RC's different reaction indicates a different situation here.

Reading through the rest of the game, I started to see shades of this RC when he attempted to bus a partner, and while he got more frustrated there than he did here, it was still close enough for me to draw a few conclusions:

- RC gets like this when he really believes he's correct and isn't being listened to

Their de-escalation felt natural enough from the prespective of someone seeing it from the outside for me to think it's the first one with a slight possibility of it being a bus, but either way in this line of thought NSG has a higher-than-other chance of flipping scum.
this is like the only decent content Lady Angel has produced and it doesn't hold up to any scrutiny.

first and foremost you can't meta someone off of one game. One game is not a sample size, it is a single data point. I'd like to see if you did any homework on games where NSG was scum against town RC, or games where they were both town. like, think about this point, fundamentally
LA is using thoughts she had about how RC made pushes as scum in a single game to argue that he's making a genuine push as town in this particular game
. That's not a logical read at all, it's much more likely reverse-engineered to suit a predetermined conclusion.

next, generally the whole thing is a bunch of thoughts about RC that somehow moves the needle on NSG's alignment? You're taking him at his word that he's "100%" able to read NSG (which no one should be trusting until/unless he's confirmed town), and you're assuming he's town here for a really tenuous reason (he's not playing this particular game the exact same way he played another game as scum). Even RC would tell you he doesn't play scum the same way every game and he's famously hard to read. you even say yourself that the frustration levels don't match between games for his pushes.

finally - isn't this also partially a longer and fancier way of saying "they could both be scum" like DS did? why didn't RC take issue with the "they could both be scum" angle when LA implied it?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 489, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 416, Lady Angel wrote:Did my homework. Think I'm ready to present.

VOTE: Northsidegal

Something about RC and NSG's de-escalation felt very off to me, and while I can't claim to be in either of their headspaces, I wanted to check it out. So I went and read through part of Lynch The Wolves, a game in which RC was Scum and NSG was town, and here's a summary of what I found:

RC, as Scum, could've pushed onto NSG using the same tactic he did here (claiming to be able to read her 100% of the time), but likely didn't too much because it would've looked bad when NSG flipped town. However, RC did vote on NSG at one point, when NSG was the leading wagon, and unlike this game, backed off quickly. Why didn't we have a repeat of this game? Because RC knew NSG was town. He even brought up his ability to read her 100% of the time just to discredit a fellow scum's SR on her. So it makes sense that RC's different reaction indicates a different situation here.

Reading through the rest of the game, I started to see shades of this RC when he attempted to bus a partner, and while he got more frustrated there than he did here, it was still close enough for me to draw a few conclusions:

- RC gets like this when he really believes he's correct and isn't being listened to

Their de-escalation felt natural enough from the prespective of someone seeing it from the outside for me to think it's the first one with a slight possibility of it being a bus, but either way in this line of thought NSG has a higher-than-other chance of flipping scum.
this is like the only decent content Lady Angel has produced and it doesn't hold up to any scrutiny.

first and foremost you can't meta someone off of one game. One game is not a sample size, it is a single data point. I'd like to see if you did any homework on games where NSG was scum against town RC, or games where they were both town. like, think about this point, fundamentally
LA is using thoughts she had about how RC made pushes as scum in a single game to argue that he's making a genuine push as town in this particular game
. That's not a logical read at all, it's much more likely reverse-engineered to suit a predetermined conclusion.

next, generally the whole thing is a bunch of thoughts about RC that somehow moves the needle on NSG's alignment? You're taking him at his word that he's "100%" able to read NSG (which no one should be trusting until/unless he's confirmed town), and you're assuming he's town here for a really tenuous reason (he's not playing this particular game the exact same way he played another game as scum). Even RC would tell you he doesn't play scum the same way every game and he's famously hard to read. you even say yourself that the frustration levels don't match between games for his pushes.

finally - isn't this also partially a longer and fancier way of saying "they could both be scum" like DS did? why didn't RC take issue with the "they could both be scum" angle when LA implied it?
Of course you can't really meta someone off one game, I used Lynch the Wolves because it was the only game on the site I knew that had both them in it. Besides, there's no way I could read several games worth of RC/NSG in 16 hours without sacrificing sleep completely, which isn't realistic. It was supposed to be a quick idea of how he works, not a full course. I could definitely ISO RC in a game where he was town and NSG was scum, and would be glad to - I'd just have to find one.

And no, I'm not taking his word on it. I looked at how RC was acting at his peak of trying to lynch NSG and it matched up well with how RC tried to lynch a scum MathBlade in Lynch the wolves, right down to the frustration at not being listened to. Simply put, regardless of RC's level of read proficiency, his reaction and attempt to push her indicate that he was extremely confident in it. Does that mean it's right? No, it could be a mislynch or a scum push, but so far, from what I've seen of RC, that level of confidence seems difficult to engineer. And were it to flip town, I would be very glad to lynch RC tomorrow.

I only brought up "100% read proficiency" in the original post twice, once prefaced by the word "claiming", ie, I wasn't taking it as fact, and a second time as a direct reference to another game. In neither situation could anyone reasonably read it and come up with the conclusion you did without
really
stretching it.

Lastly, how did you get me assuming he was town out of that post when I specifically brought up that there was a chance it could be a bus, which you yourself even brought up? Yeah, right now I'd be willing to think RC isn't scum since I don't see him trying to hard bus my other two scumreads day 1 in this fashion (NSG and DS, with DS also only being bussed after subbing in), but as I said up there, if NSG flips town we lynch RC afterwards.

I sort of feel like you read that post with a lens of assuming I'm scum going into it as opposed to just... reading it? Some of the stuff you pointed out was flat-out wrong on a reading comprehension level and while it's fair that I can't meta-read someone off of one game, I also only know of/had time to read one game of his since sleep is required for the human body to function.

Next part...
VOTE: DS

There's just... nothing here for the sheer number of posts you've made. Despite claiming to scumread me since like your third post, you've made no effort to actually build a case or even convince other people to jump on, and have spent the entire game trying to tie people to me for basically nothing or getting in a catfight with RC. You've put a pretty exorbitant amount of effort into defending yourself over a low number of votes, and about 3/4s of your post have so little content it makes me think you're deliberately doing it to take attention off of one of the other scum members.
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:00 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

GL's reads are so bad that he's probably scum for that alone.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:21 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Too many wall posts to catch up now lol. I'll do so tonight
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:45 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Does anyone find it interesting that RC started calling DS scum and then slimer3 starts tearing him a new one?
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:39 am

Post by DS »

In post 493, Vaxkiller wrote:Does anyone find it interesting that RC started calling DS scum and then slimer3 starts tearing him a new one?
And then lady angel as well.

Lol

If I actually called the entire scumteam on day one I'm gonna shit myself laughing
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:44 am

Post by DS »

Lady, I'm not going to quote that because I'm not going to edit it on mobile, but, your two points there were that I am posting a bunch and defending myself - neither of which I take as a negative personally. I know my own alignment so of course I'm going to defend myself or ask questions when I get pushed. That's logical. It's an easy way to gauge other peoples alignments off of a baseline. As far as how much I post, well I post on mobile so you won't get walls from me, and I have no issue with posting because the site metas I come from have more pages on day one than this game has with a deadline of only 48 hours. Get used to it.
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:46 am

Post by DS »

Also lol once again that people are saying I'm defending myself but then voting me for defending myself and now this has become a train so I actually have to defend myself.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:22 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 493, Vaxkiller wrote:Does anyone find it interesting that RC started calling DS scum and then slimer3 starts tearing him a new one?
You've been missing from this game so long I didnt even know who you were, then you come into this talking about me "tearing him a new one"?
I merely commented on things I've found scummy. I dont even have any definitive reads and that should be pretty obvious by how I phrased everything. Instead of lurking how about actually commenting on the game state instead of wagoning/instigating.
In post 486, DS wrote:
In post 483, theslimer3 wrote:
So that it can stand out

"If I thought it was"

Indicating that you don't actually believe it was because you know I'm town

Lol slip
what good does it do to twist my words? I said if I thought it was particularly scummy, I would have said so. For now it's just something to take note of.
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 497, theslimer3 wrote:You've been missing from this game so long I didnt even know who you were, then you come into this talking about me "tearing him a new one"?
I merely commented on things I've found scummy. I dont even have any definitive reads and that should be pretty obvious by how I phrased everything. Instead of lurking how about actually commenting on the game state instead of wagoning/instigating.
You just got hyper focused on him, its pretty much the only thing you have been posting about, is explaining why every thing he says is scummmy.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:29 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Not yet caught up but why are people voting DS? His beginning was towny. What changed?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”