Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:22 am

Post by Flicker »

Y'all could always quick-wagon someone else and I can prove I can't hammer anyone, either. Just sayin'.
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:23 am

Post by Nancy Drew Shogunate »

In post 1521, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1517, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:you're being a lot more forceful and a very Smurf which is different than the towngames you played with me. IDK if that makes you scum and I said a couple of times I'm not in position to parse you out because my experience with you is limited. this is the first time you make me cringe in a game though, and you're doing it a lot.

-tor
I'm being more forceful than my town play? :lol:
How do you define forceful?
In post 1519, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:
In post 1516, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1512, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:"flicker's claim is early enough to be "meh"" from thor is all kinds of puke
Fascinating.
Why?
just how is it "meh"?

-tor
Because it robbed town of getting complete wagon info and hammer intent to mine.
How is my opinion "puke"?
You ducked that question really hard.
you don't push any of these things as hard when town from what I remember of your d1s. your strong statements on players aren't good IMO. saying porkens is "active lurking" instead of just not being around is made up. it's changing what "active lurking" means. I'm the towniest slot in the game and you're pushing me cause, afaict, I'm ignoring you and I'm right about stuff, which is nitpicky and playing to cheeky's paranoia if nothing else.

"it robbed town of getting complete wagon info" so what you're calling "meh" isn't shading flicker's action. I can see how it did rob town of getting wagon info. I thought you were shading flicker.

-tor
Hydra of Toranaga and Nancy Drew 39

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:23 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1524, Flicker wrote:I mean, what other priest-like characters are there in Firefly/Serenity, even? If I'm not Book, who on Earth would I be? And if Book's not town, what even is this game?

(And yes, to answer an earlier question I keep forgetting about, it's been a while since I've seen either. I used to be deep in the fandom stuff, though, which I'm relying on to carry me, but d'oh on forgetting Mr. Universe, assuming that's who you - RR? - were alluding to as a major ally in the movie.)
What's the flavor that goes along with the role in your PM?

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:25 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1525, Flicker wrote:Y'all could always quick-wagon someone else and I can prove I can't hammer anyone, either. Just sayin'.
first post i see today.
you know how this sounds, right? :>
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:26 am

for a fun read, check me getting mislynched d1 of a game for absolutely no reason

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=77158

-tor

pedit: puke

VOTE: chara

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:26 am

In post 1521, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1517, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:you're being a lot more forceful and a very Smurf which is different than the towngames you played with me. IDK if that makes you scum and I said a couple of times I'm not in position to parse you out because my experience with you is limited. this is the first time you make me cringe in a game though, and you're doing it a lot.

-tor
I'm being more forceful than my town play? :lol:
How do you define forceful?
In post 1519, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:
In post 1516, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1512, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:"flicker's claim is early enough to be "meh"" from thor is all kinds of puke
Fascinating.
Why?
just how is it "meh"?

-tor
Because it robbed town of getting complete wagon info and hammer intent to mine.
How is my opinion "puke"?
You ducked that question really hard.
Thor, unfortunately every wagon this game while you're alive is going to be robbed of that info, because you entered the game seemingly eager to quickhammer someone. I will *never* put someone at L-1 without being okay with them getting lynched without even getting to claim because of that. There will always be similar concern that we not only have to worry about scum lolhammering and trying to get away with it, but also someone of unknown alignnment who has publicly expressed an interest in doing that.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1526, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:you don't push any of these things as hard when town from what I remember of your d1s.
You either remember wrong or are using really dated references.
In post 1526, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:saying porkens is "active lurking" instead of just not being around is made up. it's changing what "active lurking" means. I'm the towniest slot in the game and you're pushing me cause, afaict, I'm ignoring you and I'm right about stuff, which is nitpicky and playing to cheeky's paranoia if nothing else.
1. It's not changing the definition, and he is doing it.
2. I disagree that you're the towniest slot, and even if everyone else agrees with you it is still important I point out issues with that read if I have them.
In post 1526, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:"it robbed town of getting complete wagon info" so what you're calling "meh" isn't shading flicker's action. I can see how it did rob town of getting wagon info. I thought you were shading flicker.

-tor
:neutral:
So it was "puke" because you assumed I was attacking someone I'd already indicated I didn't want to lynch.
Wouldn't that just be scummy?

@RR - :lol:
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:27 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

We don't get flavor until after the flip, Cerb. She's claiming Book because she knows the series.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

@RR
@Elsa

I'm confirmed innocent.
As long as you're taking this tack with my comments.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:28 am

In post 1532, Elsa Jay wrote:We don't get flavor until after the flip, Cerb. She's claiming Book because she knows the series.
Elsa, you have no idea what I'm talking about and should really stfu and stop interfering with my interactions with the person I'm trying to sort. Thanks.

-Cerb
Show

Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:28 am

Post by Flicker »

My flavor's redacted, of course. But seriously, who else could I be? Maybe I'm too confident in who I am, but nobody's lining up to prove me wrong yet, either.

Pedit: Yes Chara, it looks scummy, I know, whatever.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:31 am

In post 1535, Flicker wrote:My flavor's redacted, of course. But seriously, who else could I be? Maybe I'm too confident in who I am, but nobody's lining up to prove me wrong yet, either.

Okay.

Let me go grab the sample PM.
In post 1, Almost50 wrote:
Hello
Almost50

You are [full flavour will be revealed upon your flip or at the end of the game]. You are a
Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass
. Each night you may target a player to kill them. By default
you have a 75% chance of hitting your target
. You also have a
25% of surviving an attempt on your life
Once in the game
though you may "aim" to change your shooting precision to 100%
in exchange for your 25% BP on that night

You win when all threats to Serenity and its crew have been eliminated.
Between the part where your flavor is redacted, and BEFORE the part where the mechanical effects of your role are explained, are there any words? If so, what are those words? That's what I'm asking about.

-Cerb
Show

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:31 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Well you already annoyed me once after getting my claim. Consider this a payback then. I'm trying to solve the game too in my own way and none of you agree with it. I'm just trying to show my hand for you all.

Ading harsh language also doesnt prove your town. Just saying. Also tell me to STFU makes me talk more.

PS: I told you info we all knew. Deal with it.
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:31 am

In post 1531, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1526, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:you don't push any of these things as hard when town from what I remember of your d1s.
You either remember wrong or are using really dated references.
In post 1526, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:saying porkens is "active lurking" instead of just not being around is made up. it's changing what "active lurking" means. I'm the towniest slot in the game and you're pushing me cause, afaict, I'm ignoring you and I'm right about stuff, which is nitpicky and playing to cheeky's paranoia if nothing else.
1. It's not changing the definition, and he is doing it.
2. I disagree that you're the towniest slot, and even if everyone else agrees with you it is still important I point out issues with that read if I have them.
In post 1526, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:"it robbed town of getting complete wagon info" so what you're calling "meh" isn't shading flicker's action. I can see how it did rob town of getting wagon info. I thought you were shading flicker.

-tor
:neutral:
So it was "puke" because you assumed I was attacking someone I'd already indicated I didn't want to lynch.
Wouldn't that just be scummy?

@RR - :lol:
puke is scummy

you are changing the definition. active lurking means porkens clicks the thread, reads, and doesn't post. there's nothing in his posting that points to it, other than you trying to interpret that elsa vote as something that's actually not there.

I'm using that game with mulch, which is an year ago so it is dated, but also some stupid game I had to replace out d1 cause everyone was aids.

-tor

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:34 am

Post by Chickadee »

Not interested in a Flicker lynch anymore.

I don't think it's vital to test it, because it doesn't give us anything alignment wise, but I won't unvote before I know who I want to vote next, just in case ya'll reach a consensus on this.

I wouldn't mind a Porkens lynch.

I'm off for now. I'll be around later though.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:36 am

In post 1535, Flicker wrote:My flavor's redacted, of course. But seriously, who else could I be? Maybe I'm too confident in who I am, but nobody's lining up to prove me wrong yet, either.

it doesn't look scummy and I don't like her soft pushing you with it

it is a very bad idea though

-tor

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:38 am

Post by Chara »

i read the rest of the conversation with context after the fact. haha.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1538, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:puke is scummy

you are changing the definition. active lurking means porkens clicks the thread, reads, and doesn't post. there's nothing in his posting that points to it, other than you trying to interpret that elsa vote as something that's actually not there.

I'm using that game with mulch, which is an year ago so it is dated, but also some stupid game I had to replace out d1 cause everyone was aids.

-tor
1. So you're able to sort me again now (albeit doing a really aggressive leap..which might explain why I'm calling your play trash, even though you feel like I'm being terrible and attacking the towniest player in the game...just saying, reality appears to be aligning with me)?
2. Active lurking also has as part of its description doing empty posting to appear active and to avoid prods. Incidentally, have you looked at TPFKAP's ISO at all?
3. A year ago I was assuredly just as aggressive as I am now - feel free to bring up samples from that game to showcase how different I am.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:41 am

Post by Flicker »

RR, I feel like we're edging into dangerous territory near "don't quote your role PM," and I'm also not quite sure what you're asking/what you hope to gain from it, but I'll see if I can't paraphrase my role PM in order.

Flavor redacted
Priest, explanation of role (can't hammer)
No other power
Aligned with Serenity

Okay, I hope that doesn't get me modkilled. Does that answer your question?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:41 am

Post by Chara »

Tor, that vote is pretty bad. it obviously does look scummy, that's why it was funny, and i think you know i was making a joke to begin with.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:44 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1523, Reasonably Rational wrote: -snip-

? It's extremely immaterial. We can have it happen, but it doesn't matter. They could just as easily be someone with that modifier and some other ability who is scum. They could be NU for scum. They could be town.

Proving that they can't self-hammer(because technically, that's all this would prove, not that they can't hammer someone else) does nothing as far as sorting their slot is concerned.

More information is good, unless it's useless information, which it would be in this case.

-Cerb
Already your contridicting the Bold statement by going for what can be considered "useless" as something as meager as flavor. If me wanting to confirm their flavor ABD modifier is useless, then how tf is asking someone for a specific sentence in their card any better?

It's also something that could order a Mod-kill, like Flicker mentioned.

My move by default is better then.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:45 am

In post 1542, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1538, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:puke is scummy

-tor
1. So you're able to sort me again now (albeit doing a really aggressive leap..which might explain why I'm calling your play trash, even though you feel like I'm being terrible and attacking the towniest player in the game...just saying, reality appears to be aligning with me)?
2. Active lurking also has as part of its description doing empty posting to appear active and to avoid prods. Incidentally, have you looked at TPFKAP's ISO at all?
3. A year ago I was assuredly just as aggressive as I am now - feel free to bring up samples from that game to showcase how different I am.
Thor, do you expect Cheeky to be aware of 3? If so, what are your thoughts on them assigning a town read to you based on that behavior?

-Cerb

pedit: So Flicker, there are zero flavory things like "As a man of the cloth, you would never hang someone yourself. You can not cast the hammering vote on a wagon" or some shit like that? It's just "You a priest, you can not hammer"?

Also, for the record: the rules about not quoting your role pm literally mean that. Don't quote, like, use the quote function, on your role PM. Otherwise, just the act of saying that you're a priest, or describing what your role does, could constitute a violation of said rule. Obviously best to just ask the mod, but I wouldn't feel at all at risk to quote, verbatim, the portion of my role PM that says how my role functions.

-Cerb
Show

Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:45 am

In post 1539, Chickadee wrote:Not interested in a Flicker lynch anymore.

I don't think it's vital to test it, because it doesn't give us anything alignment wise, but I won't unvote before I know who I want to vote next, just in case ya'll reach a consensus on this.

I wouldn't mind a Porkens lynch.

I'm off for now. I'll be around later though.
it's not only not vital to test it, but once you get there that it gives us nothing alignment wise, it's completely unnecessary to do so. only elsa wants it and your opinion seems like mirroring everyone that thinks we don't need to bother.

you don't know who to vote instead but you'd lynch porkens, so maybe switch to porkens?

-tor

pedit: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1. I'm not saying I can sort you. I'm using the games I played with you to say this is different cause your posting here sucks.
2. porkens isn't appearing active at all. and yes I checked his ISO.
3. viewtopic.php?t=73273&f=53&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go read your own d1 here.

pedit: IDK you're making a joke. it looks like you're shading flicker. @chara

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:46 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1538, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:you are changing the definition. active lurking means porkens clicks the thread, reads, and doesn't post. there's nothing in his posting that points to it, other than you trying to interpret that elsa vote as something that's actually not there.
that's actually lurking.
active lurking involves posting.
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:47 am

In post 1548, Chara wrote:
In post 1538, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:you are changing the definition. active lurking means porkens clicks the thread, reads, and doesn't post. there's nothing in his posting that points to it, other than you trying to interpret that elsa vote as something that's actually not there.
that's actually lurking.
active lurking involves posting.
well he isn't posting. he is not around at all.

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”