Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:25 am

Post by DS »

In post 17, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: NSG
Votes NSG with first post

In post 79, RadiantCowbells wrote:i'm skeptical that nsg is town here.
is skeptical that they are town
In post 148, RadiantCowbells wrote:Hey NSG

You have two choices

1) Prove that you're town in the next 24 hours. Upon doing so you have my vote to lynch whoever you scumread and I'll help you get other votes

2) I lynch you.
In post 173, RadiantCowbells wrote:manatee lady angel porkens town
no reasoning given at all
In post 213, RadiantCowbells wrote:It's only been 23 hours but

VOTE: nsg

Y'all can lynch when ready
No hesitation in this read, no second guessing like town would do, also he never even unvoted
In post 220, RadiantCowbells wrote:my lack of force is moreso due to my current emotional state than anything within the confines of this game.
I'm also rather happy to let the discourse go on for a bit before I lynch you and given our history I have little worry about not being able to get said lynch through.
Again, just wanting to lynch for no reason stated, seemingly regardless of what NSG says
In post 238, RadiantCowbells wrote:DS understand that the person you claimed as a hard townread is someone that I am hard scumreading and have never been wrong on
so I'd calm down on saying that you're the best unless you're scum here.
Pretty much telegraphs that hes gonna push me as scum here
In post 239, RadiantCowbells wrote:that said I think that you're scum

I think the entire scumteam is DS/Slimer3/NSG
and then does, again with little to no reason
In post 245, RadiantCowbells wrote:OK

please lynch DS when NSG flips scum

this reaction to being called out for it is incredibly SvS indicative.
And then this starts and now hes pushing me instead of NSG his lock scum read.

ill do part two of the iso when I get a chance at work
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Lady Angel »

Scum tracker is actually fairly common? It's not as good for scum as watcher but it can still help them out potentially strong roles. I'm more surprised you've never seen one before, honestly.
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:43 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

i'll bite

1) no reason given / no second guessing like town would do/ all the similar statements- DS isn't too stupid to figure out that's a playstyle thing. mr. goat has encountered people who give little reasoning before.
2) the 'telegraphing that i'm gonna push him as scum' is if anything a towntell because it shows that my read on him didn't come out of nowhere, it came from the posts that I was responding to in them.
3) how often do scum declare a lock scum read then decide not to push them? guessing not so much? it's almost like I'm more concerned with playing my game than doing what looks good.
and, like, it's not hard to figure out that there was something personal that prevented me from wanting to lynch NSG so DS playing dumb to that as wel isn't a good look for him ;)
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 490, Lady Angel wrote:And no, I'm not taking his word on it. I looked at how RC was acting at his peak of trying to lynch NSG and it matched up well with how RC tried to lynch a scum MathBlade in Lynch the wolves, right down to the frustration at not being listened to. Simply put, regardless of RC's level of read proficiency, his reaction and attempt to push her indicate that he was extremely confident in it. Does that mean it's right? No, it could be a mislynch or a scum push, but so far, from what I've seen of RC, that level of confidence seems difficult to engineer. And were it to flip town, I would be very glad to lynch RC tomorrow.

I only brought up "100% read proficiency" in the original post twice, once prefaced by the word "claiming", ie, I wasn't taking it as fact, and a second time as a direct reference to another game. In neither situation could anyone reasonably read it and come up with the conclusion you did without really stretching it.

Lastly, how did you get me assuming he was town out of that post when I specifically brought up that there was a chance it could be a bus, which you yourself even brought up? Yeah, right now I'd be willing to think RC isn't scum since I don't see him trying to hard bus my other two scumreads day 1 in this fashion (NSG and DS, with DS also only being bussed after subbing in), but as I said up there, if NSG flips town we lynch RC afterwards.

I sort of feel like you read that post with a lens of assuming I'm scum going into it as opposed to just... reading it? Some of the stuff you pointed out was flat-out wrong on a reading comprehension level and while it's fair that I can't meta-read someone off of one game, I also only know of/had time to read one game of his since sleep is required for the human body to function.
I'm very confused by this

your argument for scum!NSG was ... what exactly? As simple as possible. I saw a bunch of questionable assertions about RC and RC meta, and nothing about NSG's play in this game. So I took your argument to be "either town!RC is right or scum!RC is bussing, either way NSG is scum". Which I just don't buy, and that's where I thought half of your argument was predicated on RC being right about NSG.

Please tell me, without using the words "RC", why NSG is scum, in your own words.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 491, RadiantCowbells wrote:GL's reads are so bad that he's probably scum for that alone.
sick discredit bruh
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 566, RadiantCowbells wrote:btw in response to something you said earlier slimer3, if it's not a town thing to say... then what is it? scum.
the problem with this is that a lot of people think "I don't get this, it's not how I would play as town" = not town

actually
not town things are pretty rare
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 601, Lady Angel wrote:I'm more surprised you've never seen one before, honestly.
if he's never seen one before, he's town.

so do you think he's lying or did you just admit that you think he's town here?
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by BNL »

VC 1.15DS (5): , , , ,
(L-2)

theslimer3 (4): , , ,
RadiantCowbells (1):
ManateeDude (1):
Vaxkiller (1):
Not_Mafia (1):

Not Voting (0): :)

With 13 players alive it takes 7 to lynch

The deadline is 17 October 11:30am UTC-4, or in (expired on 2018-10-17 11:30:00)

Mod Notes:
Last edited by BNL on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I reviewed Lady Angel's ISO yet again and she's setting off every alarm on my scumdar

lynch her and then if/when she flips red, lynch RC for hard townreading her

REMEMBER THIS POST IF DS IS LYNCHED AND I AM KILLED
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 603, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 490, Lady Angel wrote:And no, I'm not taking his word on it. I looked at how RC was acting at his peak of trying to lynch NSG and it matched up well with how RC tried to lynch a scum MathBlade in Lynch the wolves, right down to the frustration at not being listened to. Simply put, regardless of RC's level of read proficiency, his reaction and attempt to push her indicate that he was extremely confident in it. Does that mean it's right? No, it could be a mislynch or a scum push, but so far, from what I've seen of RC, that level of confidence seems difficult to engineer. And were it to flip town, I would be very glad to lynch RC tomorrow.

I only brought up "100% read proficiency" in the original post twice, once prefaced by the word "claiming", ie, I wasn't taking it as fact, and a second time as a direct reference to another game. In neither situation could anyone reasonably read it and come up with the conclusion you did without really stretching it.

Lastly, how did you get me assuming he was town out of that post when I specifically brought up that there was a chance it could be a bus, which you yourself even brought up? Yeah, right now I'd be willing to think RC isn't scum since I don't see him trying to hard bus my other two scumreads day 1 in this fashion (NSG and DS, with DS also only being bussed after subbing in), but as I said up there, if NSG flips town we lynch RC afterwards.

I sort of feel like you read that post with a lens of assuming I'm scum going into it as opposed to just... reading it? Some of the stuff you pointed out was flat-out wrong on a reading comprehension level and while it's fair that I can't meta-read someone off of one game, I also only know of/had time to read one game of his since sleep is required for the human body to function.
I'm very confused by this

your argument for scum!NSG was ... what exactly? As simple as possible. I saw a bunch of questionable assertions about RC and RC meta, and nothing about NSG's play in this game. So I took your argument to be "either town!RC is right or scum!RC is bussing, either way NSG is scum". Which I just don't buy, and that's where I thought half of your argument was predicated on RC being right about NSG.

Please tell me, without using the words "RC", why NSG is scum, in your own words.
NSG has a high chance to be scum because another player's reaction lines up with what was seen of him in previous games upon hitting scum. If she isn't scum, I'm going to try and lynch that player. Logically, there's a higher than usual chance of there being scum in these two players for reasons I've already said.
In post 606, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 601, Lady Angel wrote:I'm more surprised you've never seen one before, honestly.
if he's never seen one before, he's town.

so do you think he's lying or did you just admit that you think he's town here?
I find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone who's played a lot would really never see a scum tracker before. He doesn't even have to get it, he just has to be in a game where it flips or even a postgame if hosts on this/other sites regularly do that. It's a little hard to believe unless he's played exclusively non-role madness games.
In post 608, GuiltyLion wrote:
This... is completely awful and the mafia equivalent of walking up to a guillotine and sticking your head in it, then screaming out someone's name until the blade falls. Like, if you die because you post something like this, it's way more likely the actual mafia trying to make me look bad than getting killed because of any involvement I had, because posts like this essentially ask for it.

Second off, why would scum ever kill the one person going for their head if that person can't get anyone on the wagon with them? It just makes them look bad.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:03 pm

LA is never scum. you're scum or bad.

don't compare this to mastina, if you're town and scumread LA I legitimately think less of you
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:04 pm

I am agreeing that if you cop LA and get a guilty you're well within your rights to scumread me and if the guy who rolled cop absolutely HAS to cop her they can go ahead.

but lol
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by DS »

In post 608, GuiltyLion wrote:I reviewed Lady Angel's ISO yet again and she's setting off every alarm on my scumdar

lynch her and then if/when she flips red, lynch RC for hard townreading her

Finally, a fucking townie has arrived
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 611, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am agreeing that if you cop LA and get a guilty you're well within your rights to scumread me and if the guy who rolled cop absolutely HAS to cop her they can go ahead.

but lol
The fact you’re even willing to let LA get copped means you aren’t 100% confident
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:07 pm

In post 613, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 611, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am agreeing that if you cop LA and get a guilty you're well within your rights to scumread me and if the guy who rolled cop absolutely HAS to cop her they can go ahead.

but lol
The fact you’re even willing to let LA get copped means you aren’t 100% confident
no

i am just at the point where my mental energy is better served not trying to convince people to not have stupid ass scumreads on town who are obviously lynchbait
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by DS »

Vote count?
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by BNL »

Not_Mafia
has been prodded
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by DS »

In post 601, Lady Angel wrote:Scum tracker is actually fairly common? It's not as good for scum as watcher but it can still help them out potentially strong roles. I'm more surprised you've never seen one before, honestly.
Most scum teams I've seen have some combination of busser, godfather, blocker, rolecop, watcher, or some type of strongman/ninja but I've never heard of scum!tracker before that's a new one.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

It's a role heavy game. You'll want to know who roleblocked your shooter
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 614, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 613, Gamma Emerald wrote:

but lol
no

i am just at the point where my mental energy is better served not trying to convince people to not have stupid ass scumreads on town who are obviously lynchbait
In post 605, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 566, RadiantCowbells wrote:btw in response to something you said earlier slimer3, if it's not a town thing to say... then what is it? scum.
the problem with this is that a lot of people think "I don't get this, it's not how I would play as town" = not town

actually
not town things are pretty rare
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 442, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't just know that you're scum by the way, I have two scum hard pinned. and I have reason to believe I'll be making it to tomorrow. What fun for you! :]
In post 444, DS wrote:I'm 100% not scum though

And if you do end up being town I'm going to rub this in your face forever.
Scum have day talk. So that's probably a reason as to why these two seem so friendly
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 620, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 442, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't just know that you're scum by the way, I have two scum hard pinned. and I have reason to believe I'll be making it to tomorrow. What fun for you! :]
In post 444, DS wrote:I'm 100% not scum though

And if you do end up being town I'm going to rub this in your face forever.
Scum have day talk. So that's probably a reason as to why these two seem so friendly
Ha
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by DS »

In post 618, theslimer3 wrote:It's a role heavy game. You'll want to know who roleblocked your shooter
Probably best served by a watcher then
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

[quote="In post 622, DS"][/quote]
Watcher is generally better than tracker for scum, but tracker can be used over it if the rest of the scumteam is strong enough as a way to balance it a little, so it's relatively common in practice.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Tbh given the setup premise I see scum tracker as more balanced than scum watcher
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”