Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #4829 (isolation #400) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by Chara »

there aren't really any. the day has to end sometime. what we're voting on is when it ends.
unless you mean the pros and cons of waiting vs. not waiting, i personally don't have much concern with ending the day now.

and well, in the end scum made it so we can't lynch anyways, but there was no way to know that before the deadline.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4908 (isolation #401) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Chara »

far as i'm concerned, we won. seeing Gamma actually redirect was interesting, though. i was pretty off base this whole game and didn't look at the obvious.

i would have had a win if that riddle had been solved about 12 hours before it was... but i'll still take this.

i still had fun. thanks everybody, and thank you Varsoon. i'm sorry it didn't go the distance in the end.
take whatever breaks you need. i'll be waiting and excited for your next Protomen, Tactics, or SU.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4909 (isolation #402) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Chara »

<3 to everyone. sorry for being so paranoid.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4951 (isolation #403) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4910, Cerberus v666 wrote:Real talk Chara, why weren't you paranoid about me? The only thing I can think of is my freak out at the start of D2, but I think I do that as either alignment, maybe not talking about replacing as scum though. Not sure if scum!me would realize that town!me wouldn't even want to play anymore with the role I lost and had planned around, since I'd still have new things to play with that could be fun.
it was a combination of your demotivation, and your paranoia of me. i think it was a lot of things. the biggest contributor was definitely the emotional aspect of the game. Protomen and SU2 combined were why i was so confident there.
too bad i couldn't do the same for the rest of the players i decided to be paranoid about. collaborating with you was fun.

remember what i had revealed and to whom? not fun. i kept losing track between the hoods, haha.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4973 (isolation #404) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:36 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4969, Varsoon wrote:I also just finished Wander over Yander if people are interested in that at all. :P
yes. 100%. this would be fantastic!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4974 (isolation #405) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:37 am

Post by Chara »

also star vs, and Wakfu. western cartoons!
made in abyss is great too.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4975 (isolation #406) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:44 am

Post by Chara »

as for what type of game: i liked the nonstandard factional aspect of SU and Protomen. i particularly liked the simplicity of Protomen, which still had a very strong flavour and mood.
i'm not a fan of games that have too many powers and choices that don't feel like they matter.
SU was at the higher end of that spectrum, but i enjoyed the execution very much.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4976 (isolation #407) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:46 am

Post by Chara »

another thing i liked in both of those was the multiple win conditions. the "neutrals" could townside or not, and depending on the gamestate either might be a better choice.
normally i dislike games with too much dayplay, but you're a very active mod so it works out.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4981 (isolation #408) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:14 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4979, Varsoon wrote:Ideally, the flavor makes sense in regards to the alignments but doesn't provide a gameplay advantage to people who know the flavor well, which is tricky to put together.
option 1: fakeclaims and real flavour are both equally valid. that's difficult to match but workable.

option 2: flavour on flip. i think this only works for certain flavours, personally.

option 3: claimed flavour isn't indicative of alignment at all for some story reason unique to the game itself.

is there an option 4?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4984 (isolation #409) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:41 am

Post by Chara »

right, i forgot about 4.

i like that because i also like scum being able to lock down town when they decide to claim PRs. i personally believe info is precious and that outing all of it should usually hurt that town PRs effectiveness.

in the same vein, claiming flavour being highly punishable does the same job.
that might be my favourite out of the approaches, though i also like 2 and 3 when they work.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4985 (isolation #410) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:43 am

Post by Chara »

like, if everybody claims their flavour immediately, it shouldn't break the game, but and it
should
give some anti-town faction a roadmap to a victory of sorts.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”