Town should never quickhammer

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:51 am

Post by Psyche »

quicklynching sucks and repeatedly seeing it happen has done a lot to turn me off from forum mafia
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Psyche »

if you keep treating games like they don’t matter then more and more people are gonna agree, stop caring, and leave
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Psyche »

the trouble is that this might draw days out and make it harder for towns to consensus
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Psyche »

...How?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Psyche »

id really like to understand how you could think quickhammering doesnt worsen games
i need to know whether you're just a troll or wrong
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by Psyche »

Think you two are missing the point. The fact is that a lot of quickhammers are indeed against game rules because they plainly operate against the voters’ win conditions.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:28 am

Post by Psyche »

what could possibly be the downside of hammering someone before they or other players are given a final opportunity to speak w/ the knowledge that a lynch is likely
is that a serious question??

think the most prominent answer is that it's usually impossible for the quickhammerer to be sure that decision-relevant but costly-to-reveal game information isn't held by some other townie to be revealed only when absolutely necessary; the guy at L-1 or someone off his wagon might wanna claim cop or mason or some other informative PR, for example?

these players with decision-relevant information might not know it's necessary to reveal it in at L-2 when a lynch is far from certain

ending a day without making sure your faction's ducks are in a row is reckless and often game-throwing in really
concrete
inarguable
ways and it just boggles my mind that there's any controversy in saying this
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:45 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 70, Zachrulez wrote:(I know you're going to disagree but it's a valid counterpoint.)
no it isn't, geez
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:46 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 70, Zachrulez wrote:If they have information to share that requires claiming they should surely be doing it before a lynch is potentially imminent?
you understand that town pays a steep cost when its PRs claim, right?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:59 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 70, Zachrulez wrote:Kind of reminds me why I retired.
and a big reason i've retired is because it's exhausting having to hedge for and play around the possibility that my own teammates will do things that plainly hurt their odds of winning and throw away games that take many hours and weeks from dozens of peoples' lives to happen

At some point, shitty justifications for shitty play need to be acknowledged for what they are. The idea that mods should micromanage how their players play is obviously wrong, but on the other hand mods do have a responsibility to make their games enjoyable and satisfying to play. This conversation about ways to achieve that is totally appropriate. Honestly my preferred solution is just to hope discussions like these make people think about how shitty plays like quickhammering are.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”