BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

Here is my take on sasha:
Sheeping and agreeing with many players -- It feels to me like he is trying to get on everyone’s good side so they get the good vibes on him and eases his way from providing his own insights.
In post 110, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 109, AP wrote:Simply because this is not the rule in this game we're in. If I am moderating and say "bolded votes won't count" then even if you type "vote:" and follow it with the full playername, correctly spelled, all bolded and on a separate line I still won't count it because I said not to use bolded votes in my rules.
Thanks for your answer! :]
A straight up Thank you. I know being nice isn’t directly scummy but it leaves no chance for a rebuttal and the opportunity to get more information.
In post 255, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 253, RCEnigma wrote:My preferred lynches today would be Profii, invis, -any lurker name here-.
Sounds good, let's see what placing Soulsha55r at
L-1
will do.
VOTE: Soulsha55r
Again, sheeping through and through. Even if I started the soul wagon, the L-1 vote is great scum-opportunistic play.
In post 424, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 366, profii wrote:Was just looking back at the voters and thinking I'm giving Sash a bit of a newbie pass and probably doesn't realise that L-1 can be dangerous dependant on player list.
Noted. I only wanted some juice out of this, I'll try something safer next time.
This could be a SvS tell, even though profii is not in my scum pile, this shows that sasha is easily persuaded and backs down to ease attention on himself.
In post 764, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 763, SuperfluousNinja wrote:Why would scum AP claim to be a role that is DESIGNED to be lynched if he wanted to avoid being lynched?
I agree with this a lot.
Again, an agreeing post. Nothing more added.
In post 774, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 772, SuperfluousNinja wrote:So odds are that if he’s vengeful, he’s still town. Right?
That's why I pulled my vote.
Doughboy and Sephiroth make good points with their experience too. I'm a bit confused with side to choose.
Now clearly trying to get dough and seph to think he is town by agreeing with them. Could be an excerpt from the book “how to win friends and influence people”
In post 841, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 831, Sephiroth wrote:Your post was apparently pretty convincing, since Sash jumped off the wagon right afterwards.
Well yes, I figured lynching a townie is bad, so I backed off. But now everyone wants to lynch him and he wants it too, so I feel I'm lost at this point. I could sheep and jump on the wagon again if it can help the town. But I must admit I don't know what's my best option for now.
This feels like a direct message to his scum partners, like “Help, I’m lost, where do we go now?”
In post 1030, Sashaddin wrote: So in my opinion we should still try to get a good lynch in targeting the town pool. Bright Eyed Fish doesn't strike me as scum (in fact no one does this game for me yet) but I respect's orfzh's play and Nicolas Cage made a excellent analysis of the game in 4 hours, so I will unshamefully follow them.
VOTE: BrightEyedFish
Sheeping, sheeping, sheeping. Just like his has been doing since the start. He is just agreeing and not venturing out on his own, which to me is exactly what scum would do on D1. It’s the safest way and draws the less amount of attention.

VOTE: Sashaddin
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:54 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

oh and BTW, the main reason I am not posting as much is because my wife is 4 days past her due date with our 2nd daughter so she could be born anytime now. I don't want to post that in the main thread because it may come over as looking for sympathy.

Snipped on request and unsnipped as a player had already seen and quoted it. Whoops! ~Sky
Last edited by Skygazer on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

The above message was meant as a PM to mod.
Nicolas Cage
Nicolas Cage
Goon
Nicolas Cage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:59 pm

Post by Nicolas Cage »

In post 1176, BrightEyedFish wrote:I don't want to post that in the main thread

pedit: It's too late I already linked the gif
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 1178, Nicolas Cage wrote:
In post 1176, BrightEyedFish wrote:I don't want to post that in the main thread

pedit: It's too late I already linked the gif
What did the rest of it say then?
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:04 pm

Post by Light Ethos »

is a reasonable case, and the effort put in leads me to believe that only one of them can be scum. I don't think scum!BEF buses scum!Sashaddin that aggressively here.
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Post by Light Ethos »

That GIF is legendary.
Nicolas Cage
Nicolas Cage
Goon
Nicolas Cage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:06 pm

Post by Nicolas Cage »

Who calls it the "main thread" in a PM? Not the "game thread" or just "the thread"?

btw, soon-to-be-congrats :P
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:07 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1176, BrightEyedFish wrote:
oh and BTW,
the main reason I am not posting as much is because my wife is 4 days past her due date with our 2nd daughter so she could be born anytime now. I don't want to post that
in the main thread
because it may come over as looking for sympathy.

Snipped on request and unsnipped as a player had already seen and quoted it. Whoops! ~Sky
I think the first bolded part makes this highly likely intended for the scum pt as a follow up to another post instead of a message to the mod
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:09 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Oh yeah preemptive congrats BEF!
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:46 pm

Post by Light Ethos »

That's awesome!
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:08 am

Post by tictac »

lol k. I guess I suck then :P
congrats :)
VOTE: Bright
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:10 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 1166, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1159, Invisibility wrote:
In post 1148, SuperfluousNinja wrote:I interpret “scum tell” as an obvious thing. He said the slots seem “way less towny” otherwise, and there has to be stuff that made him think this. I think it’s still a valid question.

You weren’t explaining your issue with my question so I started spitballing. That’s why I brought up your Kop vote; I thought it had something to do with your own conclusion on the slot.

You can read me however you want, dude. I look forward to helping get you lynched tomorrow.
fair enough
townread restored
That was way too easy...
holy frike ninjur stop making it so har dto townread you
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:30 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 1182, Nicolas Cage wrote:Who calls it the "main thread" in a PM? Not the "game thread" or just "the thread"?
Scum
Masons
Neighbors
Somebody who has a confessional thread
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game”

“I don’t give a fuuuuuućk
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:31 am

Post by Invisibility »

btw the main thread thing means absolute nothing
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:34 am

Post by Invisibility »

btw ofrhz i iso'd pyp ap and i dont see the big difference you're seeing
he seems pretty much the same? unless you're talking about how he was reacting under pressure but like he was able to prepare overnight so there would be a difference than just getting the full force of the game head on.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:39 am

Post by tictac »

I've called it a main thread in a in a confessional before.
In post 1176, BrightEyedFish wrote:oh and BTW
He was clearly continuing a conversation with someone tho, so I don't think it can be a confessional.
He was talking about trying to avoid being scummy here, while not being worried about same with who he was talking to.
And that was a straight-up lie about a PM convo with mod.('main thread' does not match with that & the interfaces are dissimilar enough that it's not a reasonable mistake to make)
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:00 am

Post by Doughboy »

Yeah he did lie about the pm to the mod. Wish he wouldn’t have done it but it is what it is. i no longer think he’s a good lynch for today.

I’m also going to retract my scum reads on AP and ninja for today.

I’m willing to give AP benefit of the doubt for his “scumtell” though I don’t fully agree with him.

I need to do some re-reading this weekend.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:29 am

Post by Invisibility »

oh frick that actually might be a scumslip because "oh and btw" seems like it would be meant for a thread
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:51 am

Post by tictac »

In post 966, AP wrote:Btw, since NC replaced in I would appreciate it if nobody hammered me before I comment on his catch up.
In post 1077, AP wrote:
In post 1056, Nicolas Cage wrote:Tictac am I scum because I am wrong about AP or am I scum because Im wrong about some combination of bef and ninja slot?

If im wrong about a slot walk me thru it.
In post 1057, tictac wrote:I don't scumread being wrong and I want AP to comment first.
Comment on what exactly??
Added some context.

I was kinda hoping you'd bus him tbh,
In post 1081, AP wrote:I dunno where to put you (Nicolas Cage) and it's because I don't know who you are (let's just keep it that way for now).
but thought the almost total refusal to interact was a good thing to see as well.

but whatevers. recent events.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:52 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1192, Doughboy wrote:Yeah he did lie about the pm to the mod. Wish he wouldn’t have done it but it is what it is. i no longer think he’s a good lynch for today.

I’m also going to retract my scum reads on AP and ninja for today.

I’m willing to give AP benefit of the doubt for his “scumtell” though I don’t fully agree with him.

I need to do some re-reading this weekend.
In the event of him lying what makes you back off from lynching BEF?
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:19 am

Post by tictac »

In post 1056, Nicolas Cage wrote:Tictac am I scum because I am wrong about AP or am I scum because Im wrong about some combination of bef and ninja slot?

If im wrong about a slot walk me thru it.
And yeah.
It's the starting from conclusions thing and yer reads not changing one iota when new evidence is presented to ya. like AP claim looking like that scumclaim ya quoted and him being Almost50. Ya thought that L-1 thing was mine and sounded more like ya were talking to a repretantive of the town than to tictac.

def don't wanna lynch ya now tho, since ya'd became basically conftown on a scumflip from bright.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:41 am

Post by tictac »

In post 948, ofrhz wrote:some of the gambits he does as town aren't things that i'd ever consider doing as town
I'll address this as well, because eh. I thought I'd be writing a wall by now, and that turned out to be unnecessary.
I do want this thought out there.

some players do play in a crazy way.
sometimes they do a crazy thing because of town motivation
sometimes they do a crazy thing because of scum motivation
sometimes they do a crazy thing just because
it's not all random just because it's crazy.

fakeclaiming venge is a thing one does because of scum motivation. it's custom built for surviving to lategame.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:44 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 1195, RCEnigma wrote:In the event of him lying what makes you back off from lynching BEF?
Because despite that lie, I feel he’s being genuine.
Show

Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 1175, BrightEyedFish wrote:Here is my take on sasha:
Sheeping and agreeing with many players -- It feels to me like he is trying to get on everyone’s good side so they get the good vibes on him and eases his way from providing his own insights.
In post 110, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 109, AP wrote:Simply because this is not the rule in this game we're in. If I am moderating and say "bolded votes won't count" then even if you type "vote:" and follow it with the full playername, correctly spelled, all bolded and on a separate line I still won't count it because I said not to use bolded votes in my rules.
Thanks for your answer! :]
A straight up Thank you. I know being nice isn’t directly scummy but it leaves no chance for a rebuttal and the opportunity to get more information.
In post 255, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 253, RCEnigma wrote:My preferred lynches today would be Profii, invis, -any lurker name here-.
Sounds good, let's see what placing Soulsha55r at
L-1
will do.
VOTE: Soulsha55r
Again, sheeping through and through. Even if I started the soul wagon, the L-1 vote is great scum-opportunistic play.
In post 424, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 366, profii wrote:Was just looking back at the voters and thinking I'm giving Sash a bit of a newbie pass and probably doesn't realise that L-1 can be dangerous dependant on player list.
Noted. I only wanted some juice out of this, I'll try something safer next time.
This could be a SvS tell, even though profii is not in my scum pile, this shows that sasha is easily persuaded and backs down to ease attention on himself.
In post 764, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 763, SuperfluousNinja wrote:Why would scum AP claim to be a role that is DESIGNED to be lynched if he wanted to avoid being lynched?
I agree with this a lot.
Again, an agreeing post. Nothing more added.
In post 774, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 772, SuperfluousNinja wrote:So odds are that if he’s vengeful, he’s still town. Right?
That's why I pulled my vote.
Doughboy and Sephiroth make good points with their experience too. I'm a bit confused with side to choose.
Now clearly trying to get dough and seph to think he is town by agreeing with them. Could be an excerpt from the book “how to win friends and influence people”
In post 841, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 831, Sephiroth wrote:Your post was apparently pretty convincing, since Sash jumped off the wagon right afterwards.
Well yes, I figured lynching a townie is bad, so I backed off. But now everyone wants to lynch him and he wants it too, so I feel I'm lost at this point. I could sheep and jump on the wagon again if it can help the town. But I must admit I don't know what's my best option for now.
This feels like a direct message to his scum partners, like “Help, I’m lost, where do we go now?”
In post 1030, Sashaddin wrote: So in my opinion we should still try to get a good lynch in targeting the town pool. Bright Eyed Fish doesn't strike me as scum (in fact no one does this game for me yet) but I respect's orfzh's play and Nicolas Cage made a excellent analysis of the game in 4 hours, so I will unshamefully follow them.
VOTE: BrightEyedFish
Sheeping, sheeping, sheeping. Just like his has been doing since the start. He is just agreeing and not venturing out on his own, which to me is exactly what scum would do on D1. It’s the safest way and draws the less amount of attention.

VOTE: Sashaddin
In order:
1- I find it easier to argue with things I agree with than with things I disagree with. Agreeing means I understand, not agreeing usually means I'm mistaken, which makes it hard to argue with.
2- It's a question on game rules, I don't think it's reflexive of my ethos. I can't see any game-related content in the post besides the rulings. You're hard on me with this one! :P
3-I tried something I don't do usually. I'm paying the price, alright. I had heard bad things about putting people at L-1 but I wanted to try it for myself. I placed the vote going to bed and took it back when I woke up. I was disappointed with the result I must say.
4- Yes, I'm easily persuaded. I'm not good at this game yet which makes it difficult for me to see through bs.
5- I know I'm not adding, but I still want to contribute so I think giving my opinion here and there is a way to do it.
6-I don't agree with people for their blessings, but for their opinions. I don't care about being lynched or not. All I want is to learn this frigging game.
7-This feels like a direct message to
the town
, like “Help, I’m lost, where do we go now?”

8- Well yes in this game I'm Sir Sheeps-a-Lot. As I said I don't have any real scum reads. I could barely pick up tells in newbie games so imagine in a normal one. I am a father myself too (gratz for yours!) so you know time is limited. I spend an hour or two into this game every day, and these are not my best hours. What you see is the best I can do for now. When I can see flips I am better. Right now, I'm playing clumsily.

As for you BEF, I think you are trying to deflect the pressure on you towards a weaker player, am I right? :twisted:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”