AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Limbo Setup Design [Large Theme]

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Spoiler: Intro Post Code

Code: Select all

[align=center][img]https://www.wallpaperup.com/uploads/wallpapers/2013/02/05/35205/f429a8a775b7dbcff0b7cb2e1ade71e0-700.jpg[/img]
[size=300]Limbo[/size][/align]

[b]Moderator:[/b] AnonymousGhost
[b]Backup Mod:[/b] USERNAME

[b]Player List:[/b]
[list]
[*][/list]

* = Prod
`= Nudge (Two Nudges = One Prod on V/LA)

[b]Lost in the Mist:[/b]
[list]
[*][/list]

[b]Found in the Grave:[/b]
[list]
[*]No one has died yet.[/list]

Spoiler: Intro Post Preview
Limbo

Moderator:
AnonymousGhost
Backup Mod:
USERNAME

Player List:
* = Prod
`= Nudge (Two Nudges = One Prod on V/LA)

Lost in the Mist:
Found in the Grave:
  • No one has died yet.

In post 43, Jingle wrote:Assuming Ari doesn't see any gaps in my logic (which to be fair, is entirely possible), I'd sign off on the balance with the disclaimer that it's a little swingy. I'd definitely put the modular and the list of possible roles in the advert for the game to ensure you attract the right kind of people, as well as the deadline rules because they are nonstandard (standard being 2 weeks/2 days with 48 hour prods).
In post 55, Aristophanes wrote:I would also sign this from reading the thread and these answers
In post 68, Jingle wrote::thumbsup:

You are go for takeoff. :D
In post 69, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 68, Jingle wrote::thumbsup:

You are go for takeoff. :D
Hardships
:

Vanilla Cop
Goon
Conditional Ninja

Advantages
:

Indecisive Elite Bodyguard
Ascetic Townie
Ninja Lawyer
Neapolitan
Conditional Loved Tracker
Indecisive 2-Shot Motivator
1-Shot Activated 50% Toxic Goo
4 Vanilla Townies
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:29 am, edited 30 times in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Spoiler: Game Overview Code

[color=#80BFFF][b]Game Overview[/b] - [size=75]Some rules were adopted from Plotinus, mhsmith0, MathDino, and yessiree. Thanks![/size]

[list][*]This game is conditioned as a full reveal. Upon a player's removal, a player's role and alignment are released to the public.

[*]The game is conditioned as [url=https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Modular_Open]Modular Open[/url]. Players will be aware of all possible roles that may exist within the setup, but will not be informed of the distribution or combination of these roles in advance.

[*]This game is guaranteed to not be mountainous.

[*]This game contains roles and/or role modifiers that would not and cannot be found in the Normal Queue.

[*]This game is conditioned as 3 scum versus 11 town players.

[*]The game will end when a game-ending faction has achieved its win condition. A game-ending faction is any faction whose wincon cannot win with any other wincon i.e. town, mafia, serial killer, jester, etc.

[*]Flavor is for fun and is not indicative of players, alignments, roles, abilities, game mechanics, or anything else related to the game.

[*]Roles are not indicative of alignment.

[*]Scum may talk during all phases of the game in their shared private topic.

[*]Individual scum cannot simultaneously perform their factional kill ability and use their abilities, if any, during the same Night Phase.

[*]I will not answer game clarification questions in misleading ways. (i.e. I will not tell you that an ability is passive when it is actually active.)

[*]I will not intentionally lie to you if you have a question concerning your role or the mechanics of the game. I may answer vaguely, i.e. “No comment” or “I cannot answer that at this time,” for instance. 

[*]In general: if a question would break the game or implicate another player's role, there is little chance that I will answer it.[/list]

[b]Conduct:[/b]

[list][*]Try to not take things personally. You should expect debates to potentially become heated. 

[*]Bear the following in mind: [i]Some will lie, and others will be deceived.[/i] It is all in the spirit of the game. That said, personal attacks or the implication of personal attacks are strictly [b]off-limits[/b] and may result in a Locked thread and/or a Mod Kill depending on the severity of the insult. 

[*]I have the final say. Respect my judgement. I reserve the right to adjust and or change the rules as I see fit. I [i]will[/i] always tell players about a change in the rules as these changes happen in order to ensure the prevention of game breaking incidents from occurring.

[*]Pretending to break a rule is equal to actually breaking a rule and may get a player Mod-Killed depending on the nature of the infraction.

[*]This is my color. Don't use it. (#80BFFF)[/list]

[b]Post Content:[/b]

[list][*]Respect and obey the MafiaScum [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6470]Code of Conduct[/url]. All site wide rules apply. Play to win, please with respect, and try not to ruin the game for other players. 

[*]Do not talk about this game anywhere else unless I have specified it is permitted such as in a private topic. This includes PM-ing other players.

[*]No invisible, cryptographic, or deliberate obfuscation of text.

[*]No talking after death.

[*]No editing or deleting your posts.

[*]No discussion of ongoing games.

[*]Paraphrasing is acceptable.[/list]

[b]Activity:[/b]

[list][*]Players who have failed to confirm their role PM within 72 hours after role PMs have been distributed will be auto-replaced. 

[*]After 48 hours of inactivity, players will be prodded to ensure that they are still interested in playing the game and continue to participate. After the prod, players will have 24 hours to respond with game related material or be replaced.

[*]Players can request other players be prodded within reason and at the mod's discretion. These will be unofficial prods and will not count towards the two prod limit, but the prodded player will be expected to post game-advancing content within roughly 24 hours of being unofficially prodded. Failure to post game-advancing content within that 24 hour time-frame will in an official prod being handed out to said player.

[*][b]If you have not posted game advancing content in 6 days, regardless of V/LA status, [i]you will be replaced.[/i][/b]

[*]To avoid being replaced for inactivity, be sure to include game advancing content to your post i.e. “Got prodded, X is still scum. I'll catch up later”. Naked prod dodges ("I'll get to this later,") do not reset the prod timer.

[*]If you declare V/LA, you will be nudged every 72 hours (3 days). Two nudges equals one prod in V/LA. Nudged players will have roughly 24 hours to post game advancing content before they will be nudged once more. If they fail to post game advancing content within roughly 24 hours of the second nudge, they will be replaced.

[*]As a rule of thumb, if you are not on V/LA, you should try to post game related content at least once per every 24 hours.

[*]Players are allowed to be prodded [i][b]two separate times[/b][/i] before they will be replaced. 

[*]Don't be afraid to use the V/LA, but don't abuse it either.[/list]

[b]Deadlines:[/b]

[list][*]Day phases are 12 days long. Night phases are 48 hours long. 

[*]The majority are allowed only one day phase extension for the entire game that does not involve replacements. If you'd like to use the extension, you can [vote]Extend the Day[/vote]. 

[*]A player replacement extension will add 24 hours to the current deadline during the Day Phase.

[*]Votes must be written in bold as [b]Vote: AnonymousGhost[/b] or use the vote tag - [vote]AnonymousGhost[/vote].

[*]Votes in quotes, spoiler tags or otherwise hidden will not be counted. Votes that misspell or have other minor errors will be counted as normal as long as I understand what you are getting at. Unvotes are helpful, but not necessary. Let me know if I make an error in vote counts and I will correct them.[/list]

[b]Win Conditions:[/b]

[list][*]Advantages: Wins when all threats to the town have been removed from the game.

[*]Hardships: Wins when they either equal or outnumber all other factions, or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

[*]In order to prevent underhanded scum hunting, the town/mafia win cons are word-for-word here as are in the role PMs player will receive.[/color][/list]

Spoiler: Game Overview Preview
Game Overview
-
Some rules were adopted from Plotinus, mhsmith0, MathDino, and yessiree. Thanks!

• This game is conditioned as a full reveal. Upon a player's removal, a player's role and alignment are released to the public.

• The game is conditioned as Modular Open. Players will be aware of all possible roles that may exist within the setup, but will not be informed of the distribution or combination of these roles in advance.

• This game is guaranteed to not be mountainous.

• This game contains roles and/or role modifiers that would not and cannot be found in the Normal Queue.

• This game is conditioned as 3 scum versus 11 town players.

• The game will end when a game-ending faction has achieved its win condition. A game-ending faction is any faction whose wincon cannot win with any other wincon i.e. town, mafia, serial killer, jester, etc.

• Flavor is for fun and is not indicative of players, alignments, roles, abilities, game mechanics, or anything else related to the game.

• Roles are not indicative of alignment.

• Scum may talk during all phases of the game in their shared private topic.

• Individual scum cannot simultaneously perform their factional kill ability and use their abilities, if any, during the same Night Phase.

• I will not answer game clarification questions in misleading ways. (i.e. I will not tell you that an ability is passive when it is actually active.)

• I will not intentionally lie to you if you have a question concerning your role or the mechanics of the game. I may answer vaguely, i.e. “No comment” or “I cannot answer that at this time,” for instance.

• In general: if a question would break the game or implicate another player's role, there is little chance that I will answer it.
Conduct:

• Try to not take things personally. You should expect debates to potentially become heated.

• Bear the following in mind:
    Some will lie, and others will be deceived.
    It is all in the spirit of the game. That said, personal attacks or the implication of personal attacks are strictly
    off-limits
    and may result in a Locked thread and/or a Mod Kill depending on the severity of the insult.

• I have the final say. Respect my judgement. I reserve the right to adjust and or change the rules as I see fit. I
    will
    always tell players about a change in the rules as these changes happen in order to ensure the prevention of game breaking incidents from occurring.

• Pretending to break a rule is equal to actually breaking a rule and may get a player Mod-Killed depending on the nature of the infraction.

• This is my color. Don't use it. (#80BFFF)
Post Content:

• Respect and obey the MafiaScum Code of Conduct. All site wide rules apply. Play to win, please with respect, and try not to ruin the game for other players.

• Do not talk about this game anywhere else unless I have specified it is permitted such as in a private topic. This includes PM-ing other players.

• No invisible, cryptographic, or deliberate obfuscation of text.

• No talking after death.

• No editing or deleting your posts.

• No discussion of ongoing games.

• Paraphrasing is acceptable.
Activity:

• Players who have failed to confirm their role PM within 72 hours after role PMs have been distributed will be auto-replaced.

• After 48 hours of inactivity, players will be prodded to ensure that they are still interested in playing the game and continue to participate. After the prod, players will have 24 hours to respond with game related material or be replaced.

• Players can request other players be prodded within reason and at the mod's discretion. These will be unofficial prods and will not count towards the two prod limit, but the prodded player will be expected to post game-advancing content within roughly 24 hours of being unofficially prodded. Failure to post game-advancing content within that 24 hour time-frame will in an official prod being handed out to said player.

• If you have not posted game advancing content in 6 days, regardless of V/LA status,
    you will be replaced.

• To avoid being replaced for inactivity, be sure to include game advancing content to your post i.e. “Got prodded, X is still scum. I'll catch up later”. Naked prod dodges ("I'll get to this later,") do not reset the prod timer.

• If you declare V/LA, you will be nudged every 72 hours (3 days). Two nudges equals one prod in V/LA. Nudged players will have roughly 24 hours to post game advancing content before they will be nudged once more. If they fail to post game advancing content within roughly 24 hours of the second nudge, they will be replaced.

• As a rule of thumb, if you are not on V/LA, you should try to post game related content at least once per every 24 hours.

• Players are allowed to be prodded
    two separate times
    before they will be replaced.

• Don't be afraid to use the V/LA, but don't abuse it either.
Deadlines:

• Day phases are 12 days long. Night phases are 48 hours long.

• The majority are allowed only one day phase extension for the entire game that does not involve replacements. If you'd like to use the extension, you can VOTE: Extend the Day.

• A player replacement extension will add 24 hours to the current deadline during the Day Phase.

• Votes must be written in bold as
    Vote: AnonymousGhost
    or use the vote tag - VOTE: AnonymousGhost.

• Votes in quotes, spoiler tags or otherwise hidden will not be counted. Votes that misspell or have other minor errors will be counted as normal as long as I understand what you are getting at. Unvotes are helpful, but not necessary. Let me know if I make an error in vote counts and I will correct them.
Win Conditions:

• Advantages: Wins when all threats to the town have been removed from the game.

• Hardships: Wins when they either equal or outnumber all other factions, or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

• In order to prevent underhanded scum hunting, the town/mafia win cons are word-for-word here as are in the role PMs player will receive.
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:04 am, edited 26 times in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Spoiler: Code

[b]Modular Setup and Turn Order:[/b]

[list][*][url=https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Modular_Open]Modular Open[/url] setups are setups where all possible roles/abilities are known in advance, but the exact distribution and combination is not known.

[*]In a Modular Open, players would be informed that the following powers could exist: Doctor, Cop, Vigilante, Strongman, Paranoid Gun Owner, Naive, False, and Bulletproof.

[*]Players wouldn't be informed that the actual setup consists of a Town Aligned Naïve PGO, a Town Aligned Cop, and a Mafia Aligned False Doctor.

[*]As such, only the following roles/abilities have the possibility of existing within the game.

[*][b]Roles that are not listed [i]cannot[/i] appear in this game.[/b]

[*]Roles/abilities that may appear in the game in their turn order: Toxic Goo, Green Goo, Motivator, Jail Keeper, Elite Bodyguard, Lawyer, Neapolitan/Vanilla Cop/Follower/Tracker.

[*]Role modifiers that may appear in the game in their turn order: Ascetic, Weak, Conditional, Activated, Indecisive, Hated, Loved, Ninja, Percentage, X-Shot.

[*]This game will be using  [url=https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Reasonable_Action_Resolution]Reasonable Action Resolution [RAR][/url] to resolve Night Actions.

[*][b]Reminder[/b]: flavor is for fun and is not indicative of roles, alignment, or anything else game related. For ensuring Flavor Unbreakability, the flavor matchup to each role/ability in the possible Role PMs has been randomized, rewritten, and/or created for this very purpose.

[*]This game has been reviewed and has found to be evenly balanced, but a little swingy.[/list]

[b]Possible Role PMs:[/b]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Despair the Endless.

[Win Condition/Alignment goes here]. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. [url]Here is the link to the discussion thread[/url]. You have no abilities besides your voice and your vote. Best of luck.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Wrath the Vengeful.

[Win Condition/Alignment goes here]. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. [url]Here is the link to the discussion thread[/url]. Best of luck.

Besides your voice and your vote, here are your other abilities:

[b]He Who Laughs Last[/b] [Passive]: You are [b]Toxic Goo[/b]. Anyone who targets you with an ability will die of poison at the end of the following Day Phase. They will be alerted that they have been poisoned and will be able to use their vote, be a viable lynch candidate for that Day Phase, and use any day abilities (if they have any).[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Envy the Jealous.

[Win Condition/Alignment goes here]. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. [url]Here is the link to the discussion thread[/url]. Best of luck.

[b]Green With Envy[/b] [Passive]: You are [b]Green Goo[/b]. Anyone who targets you with an ability will become Green Goo, losing any abilities they may have, but their alignment will remain the same.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Charity the Compassionate.

[b]Nothing Sought, Nothing Found[/b] [Active]: You are an [b]Motivator[/b]. You may target a player, allowing them to use an extra action the following Night Phase, if they have any abilities. If your target does not have any active abilities, then nothing will happen to them and they will not be informed that they were Motivated.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Diligence the Successful.

[b]Better Safe than Sorry[/b] [Active]: You are a [b]Jail Keeper[/b]. You may target a player, simultaneously role blocking and saving them from all kill attempts.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Temperance the Restrained.

[Win Condition/Alignment goes here]. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. [url]Here is the link to the discussion thread.[/url] Best of luck.

[b]Chains of Command[/b] [Active]: You are an [b]Elite Bodyguard[/b]. In addition to protecting another player during the Night, you will kill whomever tried to kill your same target, but you will still die in the process.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Pride the Arrogant.

[Win Condition/Alignment goes here]. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. [url]Here is the link to the discussion thread.[/url] Best of luck.

[b]There's Always a Catch[/b] [Active]: You are a [b]Lawyer[/b]. You may protect a player from any investigations during the Night, causing your target to Investigate as the least incriminating result to any investigative roles e.g. Vanilla [Vanilla Cop/Neapolitan], Town [Cop], No Target [Tracker/Follower].[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Lust the Lascivious.

[b]Good Cop, Bad Cop[/b] [Active]: You are an Alignment Cop. You may target a player, in an attempt to discover their alignment. Town players will return as 'Advantage' and scum will return as 'Hardship'.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Gluttony the Voracious.

[b]Ice Cream![/b] [Active]: You are a [b]Neapolitan[/b]. You may investigate a player in order to discover if they are Vanilla or not. Only Vanilla Townies will return 'Vanilla' results, all other roles will return as 'Not Vanilla'.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Forgiveness the Absolved.

[b]Have Mercy Upon Us[/b] [Active]: You are a [b]Vanilla Cop[/b]. You may target a player during the Night, investigating whether or not they are a Vanilla Townie or not. "Vanilla" results are given for any role that doesn't have any individual powers (e.g., Vanilla Townie, Mafia Goon, a Serial Killer with no other powers); "Not Vanilla" results are given on all others.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Humility the Modest.

[b]A Bird in the Hand[/b] [Active]: You are a [b]Tracker[/b]. You may select a player, learning who they targeted, but not what type of action they performed.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Sloth the Indolent.

[b]All Work, No Pay[/b] [Active]: You are a [b]Follower[/b]. You may select a player, learning what form of action they took, but not who they targeted.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Kindness the Affectionate.

[b]Selflessness[/b] [Passive]: You are [b]Ascetic[/b]. You are immune to all night actions except night kill attempts, reflexively role blocking anyone who targets you during the night.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Chastity the Celibate.

[b]Close to Godliness[/b] [Active]: You are an [b]Activated PASSIVE ABILITY[/b]. During the night, you may attempt to activate your ability.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Acedia the Negligent.

[b]Once in a Blue Moon[/b] [Passive]: You are a [b]Conditional POWER ROLE[/b]. Your action will fail if [PREDETERMINED EVENT] happens.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Justice the Fair.

[b]For Your Own Good[/b] [Passive]: You are [b]Hated[/b] and require one less vote than normal to be lynched.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Prudence the Wise.

[b]Better to be Loved than Feared[/b] [Passive]: You are [b]Loved[/b] and require one more vote than normal to be lynched. This modifier will stop working during MyLo and LyLo.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Greed the Avaricious.

[b]Everything and Anything[/b] [Passive]: You are a [b]Ninja[/b], as such you will never be seen targeting anyone by roles such as Trackers, Watchers, or any other similar investigative roles.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Courage the Strong.

[b]Achilles Heel[/b] [Passive]: You are a [b]Percentage POWER ROLE[/b]. Your ability has a #% of working.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Rebelliousness the Rejector.

[b]Weak Willed[/b] [Passive]: You are a [b]Weak POWER ROLE[/b] and if you target a player with an anti-town win condition, you will die.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Ignorance the Blind.

[b]No Sight like Foresight[/b] [Passive]: You are an [b]X-Shot POWER ROLE[/b] and only have X amount of times you can use your ability.[/area]

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are Dishonesty the Devious.

[b]Fool Me Once[/b] [Passive]: You are an [b]Indecisive POWER ROLE[/b]. Your Indecisive modifier restricts you from using your ability on the same target two nights in a row, regardless if you were successful or not the first time you used it.[/area]

Spoiler: Preview
Modular Setup and Turn Order:

• Modular Open setups are setups where all possible roles/abilities are known in advance, but the exact distribution and combination is not known.

• In a Modular Open, players would be informed that the following powers could exist: Doctor, Cop, Vigilante, Strongman, Paranoid Gun Owner, Naive, False, and Bulletproof.

• Players wouldn't be informed that the actual setup consists of a Town Aligned Naïve PGO, a Town Aligned Cop, and a Mafia Aligned False Doctor.

• As such, only the following roles/abilities have the possibility of existing within the game.

• Roles that are not listed
    cannot
    appear in this game.

• Roles/abilities that may appear in the game in their turn order: Toxic Goo, Green Goo, Motivator, Jail Keeper, Elite Bodyguard, Lawyer, Neapolitan/Vanilla Cop/Follower/Tracker.

• Role modifiers that may appear in the game in their turn order: Ascetic, Weak, Conditional, Activated, Indecisive, Hated, Loved, Ninja, Percentage, X-Shot.

• This game will be using Reasonable Action Resolution [RAR] to resolve Night Actions.

• Reminder
    : flavor is for fun and is not indicative of roles, alignment, or anything else game related. For ensuring Flavor Unbreakability, the flavor matchup to each role/ability in the possible Role PMs has been randomized, rewritten, and/or created for this very purpose.

• This game has been reviewed and has found to be evenly balanced, but a little swingy.
Possible Role PMs:

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Despair the Endless.

[Win Condition/Alignment goes here]. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. Here is the link to the discussion thread. You have no abilities besides your voice and your vote. Best of luck.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Wrath the Vengeful.

[Win Condition/Alignment goes here]. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. Here is the link to the discussion thread. Best of luck.

He Who Laughs Last
[Passive]: You are
Toxic Goo
. Anyone who targets you with an ability will die of poison at the end of the following Day Phase. They will be alerted that they have been poisoned and will be able to use their vote, be a viable lynch candidate for that Day Phase, and use any day abilities (if they have any).

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Envy the Jealous.

[Win Condition/Alignment goes here]. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. Here is the link to the discussion thread. Best of luck.

Green With Envy
Green Goo
. Anyone who targets you with an ability will become Green Goo, losing any abilities they may have, but their alignment will remain the same.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Charity the Compassionate.

Nothing Sought, Nothing Found
[Active]: You are an
Motivator
. You may target a player, allowing them to use an extra action the following Night Phase, if they have any abilities. If your target does not have any active abilities, then nothing will happen to them and they will not be informed that they were Motivated.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Diligence the Successful.

Better Safe than Sorry
[Active]: You are a
Jail Keeper
. You may target a player, simultaneously role blocking and saving them from all kill attempts.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Temperance the Restrained.

Chains of Command
Elite Bodyguard
. In addition to protecting another player during the Night, you will kill whomever tried to kill your same target, but you will still die in the process.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Pride the Arrogant.

There's Always a Catch
Lawyer
. You may protect a player from any investigations during the Night, causing your target to Investigate as the least incriminating result to any investigative roles e.g. Vanilla [Vanilla Cop/Neapolitan], Town [Cop], No Target [Tracker/Follower].

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Lust the Lascivious.

Good Cop, Bad Cop
[Active]: You are an Alignment Cop. You may target a player, in an attempt to discover their alignment. Town players will return as 'Advantage' and scum will return as 'Hardship'.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Gluttony the Voracious.

Ice Cream!
Neapolitan
. You may investigate a player in order to discover if they are Vanilla or not. Only Vanilla Townies will return 'Vanilla' results, all other roles will return as 'Not Vanilla'.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Forgiveness the Absolved.

Have Mercy Upon Us
Vanilla Cop
. You may target a player during the Night, investigating whether or not they are a Vanilla Townie or not. "Vanilla" results are given for any role that doesn't have any individual powers (e.g., Vanilla Townie, Mafia Goon, a Serial Killer with no other powers); "Not Vanilla" results are given on all others.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Humility the Modest.

A Bird in the Hand
Tracker
. You may select a player, learning who they targeted, but not what type of action they performed.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Sloth the Indolent.

All Work, No Pay
Follower
. You may select a player, learning what form of action they took, but not who they targeted.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Kindness the Affectionate.

Selflessness
Ascetic
. You are immune to all night actions except night kill attempts, reflexively role blocking anyone who targets you during the night.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Chastity the Celibate.

Close to Godliness
Activated PASSIVE ABILITY
. During the night, you may attempt to activate your ability.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Acedia the Negligent.

Once in a Blue Moon
[Passive]: You are a
Conditional POWER ROLE
. Your action will fail if [PREDETERMINED EVENT] happens.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Justice the Fair.

For Your Own Good
Hated
and require one less vote than normal to be lynched.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Prudence the Wise.

Better to be Loved than Feared
Loved
and require one more vote than normal to be lynched. This modifier will stop working during MyLo and LyLo.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Greed the Avaricious.

Everything and Anything
Ninja
, as such you will never be seen targeting anyone by roles such as Trackers, Watchers, or any other similar investigative roles.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Courage the Strong.

Achilles Heel
Percentage POWER ROLE
. Your ability has a #% of working.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Rebelliousness the Rejector.

Weak Willed
Weak POWER ROLE
and if you target a player with an anti-town win condition, you will die.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Ignorance the Blind.

No Sight like Foresight
[Passive]: You are an
X-Shot POWER ROLE
and only have X amount of times you can use your ability.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are Dishonesty the Devious.

Fool Me Once
[Passive]: You are an
Indecisive POWER ROLE
. Your Indecisive modifier restricts you from using your ability on the same target two nights in a row, regardless if you were successful or not the first time you used it.
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:20 am, edited 31 times in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Role PM Codes

Spoiler: Diligence

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are [color=#BF0000]Diligence the Successful[/color].

You are aligned with the [color=#BF0000]Hardships[/color] and will win with your equal or outnumber all other faction, or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. [url]Here is the link to the discussion thread[/url] and [url]here is the link to your PT[/url]. You may converse with your allies during all phases inside this PT. Best of luck.

Besides your voice, your vote, and access to your faction's night kill ability and PT, here are your abilities:

[b]An Ounce of Preparation[/b] [Active]: You are a [b]Vanilla Cop[/b]. You may target someone during the Night, investigating whether or not they are a Vanilla Townie or not. "Vanilla" results are given for any role that doesn't have any individual powers (e.g., Vanilla Townie, Mafia Goon, a Serial Killer with no other powers); "Not Vanilla" results are given on all others.[/area]

Spoiler: Wrath

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are [color=#BF0000]Wrath the Vengeful[/color].

You are aligned with the [color=#BF0000]Hardships[/color] and will win with your equal or outnumber all other faction, or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. [url]Here is the link to the discussion thread[/url] and [url]here is the link to your PT[/url]. You have no other abilities besides your voice, your vote, and access to your faction's night kill ability and PT. Best of luck.[/area]

Spoiler: Temperance

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are [color=#BF0000]Temperance the Restrained[/color].

You are aligned with the [color=#BF0000]Hardships[/color] and will win with your equal or outnumber all other faction, or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. [url]Here is the link to the discussion thread[/url] and [url]here is the link to your PT[/url]. You may converse with your allies during all phases inside this PT. Best of luck.

Besides your voice, your vote, and access to your faction's night kill ability and PT, here are your abilities:

[b]Patience[/b] [Passive]: You are a [b]Conditional Ninja[/b]. If you are targeted by a tracking role, or any of the like, when you perform your faction's night kill, you will not perform the kill. If you are targeted by an investigative role that learns a target's alignment or role, you Conditional modifier will not take effect and you will perform the kill. The investigative role will receive a result.[/area]

Spoiler: Greed

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are [color=#00BF00]Greed the Avaricious[/color].

You are aligned with the [color=#00BF00]Advantages[/color] and will win your faction eliminates any and all threats to the town. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. [url]Here is the link to the discussion thread.[/url] Best of luck.

[b]Bullying A Dragon[/b] [Active]: You are an [b]Indecisive Elite Bodyguard[/b]. In addition to protecting another player during the Night, you will kill whomever tried to kill your same target, but you will still die in the process. Your [b]Indecisive[/b] modifier restricts you from using your ability on the same target two nights in a row, regardless if you were successful or not the first time you used it.[/area]

Spoiler: Pride

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are [color=#00BF00]Pride the Arrogant[/color].

You are aligned with the [color=#00BF00]Advantages[/color] and will win your faction eliminates any and all threats to the town. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. [url]Here is the link to the discussion thread.[/url] Best of luck.

[b]Devilish Pride[/b] [Passive]: You are [b]Ascetic[/b]. You are immune to all night actions except night kills, reflexively role blocking all actions taken against you during the night phase.[/area]

Spoiler: Charity

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are [color=#00BF00]Charity the Compassionate[/color].

[b]First One's Free[/b] [Active]: You are a [b]Ninja Lawyer[/b]. You may protect a player from any investigations during the Night, causing your target to Investigate as the least incriminating result to any investigative roles e.g. Vanilla [Vanilla Cop/Neapolitan], Town [Cop], No Target [Tracker/Follower]. With the help of your [b]Ninja[/b] modifier, you will never be seen targeting anyone by roles such as Trackers, Watchers, or any other similar investigative roles.[/area]

Spoiler: Forgiveness

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are [color=#00BF00]Forgiveness the Absolved[/color].

[b]Get the Scoop[/b] [Active]: You are a [b]Neapolitan[/b]. You may investigate a player during the Night in order to discover if they are Vanilla or not. Only Vanilla Townies will return 'Vanilla' results, all other roles will return as 'Not Vanilla'.[/area]

Spoiler: Lust

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are [color=#00BF00]Lust the Lascivious[/color].

[b]Love is for Children[/b] [Active]: You are a [b]Conditional Loved Tracker[/b]. During the Night, you may select a player, learning who they targeted, but not what type of action they performed. Your [b]Conditional[/b] modifier dictates that you will die if a player with an anti-town win condition targets you at any point in the game. While your [b]Loved[/b] modifier makes you require one more vote than normal in order to be lynched. Your Loved modifier will stop working during MyLo and LyLo.[/area]

Spoiler: Gluttony

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are [color=#00BF00]Gluttony the Voracious[/color].

You are aligned with the [color=#00BF00]Advantages[/color] and will win with your equal or outnumber all other faction, or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. [url]Here is the link to the discussion thread[/url]. Best of luck.

[b]Om Nom Nom[/b] [Active]: You are an [b]Indecisive 2-Shot Motivator[/b]. You may target a player, allowing them to use an extra action the following Night Phase, if they have any abilities. If your target does not have any active abilities, then nothing will happen to them and they will not be informed that they were Motivated. Your [b]Indecisive[/b] modifier restricts you from using your ability on the same target two nights in a row, regardless if you were successful or not, while your [b]2-Shot[/b] modifier only allows you to use your ability only two times.[/area]

Spoiler: Envy

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are [color=#00BF00]Envy the Jealous[/color].

[b]Green with Envy[/b] [1-Shot Active]: You are a [b]50% Toxic Goo[/b]. During any single night of your choosing, anyone who targets you with an ability will have a 50% of dying of poison at the end of the following day phase. They will be alerted that they have been poisoned and will be able to use their vote, be a viable lynch candidate for that Day Phase, and use any day abilities (if they have any).[/area]

Spoiler: Humility

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are [color=#00BF00]Humility the Modest[/color].

You are aligned with the [color=#00BF00]Advantages[/color] and will win your faction eliminates any and all threats to the town. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. [url]Here is the link to the discussion thread.[/url] You have no other abilities besides your voice and your vote. Best of luck.[/area]

Spoiler: Sloth

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are [color=#00BF00]Sloth the Indolent[/color].

You are aligned with the [color=#00BF00]Advantages[/color] and will win your faction eliminates any and all threats to the town. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. [url]Here is the link to the discussion thread.[/url] You have no other abilities besides your voice and your vote. Best of luck.[/area]

Spoiler: Kindness

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are [color=#00BF00]Kindness the Affectionate[/color].

Spoiler: Chastity

[area]Welcome [b]USERNAME[/b]. You are [color=#00BF00]Chastity the Celibate[/color].

Role PM Previews

Spoiler: All PMs
Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Diligence the Successful

You are aligned with the
Hardships
and will win with your equal or outnumber all other faction, or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. Here is the link to the discussion thread and here is the link to your PT. You may converse with your allies during all phases inside this PT. Best of luck.

An Ounce of Preparation
Vanilla Cop
. You may target someone during the Night, investigating whether or not they are a Vanilla Townie or not. "Vanilla" results are given for any role that doesn't have any individual powers (e.g., Vanilla Townie, Mafia Goon, a Serial Killer with no other powers); "Not Vanilla" results are given on all others.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Wrath the Vengeful

You are aligned with the
Hardships
and will win with your equal or outnumber all other faction, or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. Here is the link to the discussion thread and here is the link to your PT. You have no other abilities besides your voice, your vote, and access to your faction's night kill ability and PT. Best of luck.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Temperance the Restrained

You are aligned with the
Hardships
and will win with your equal or outnumber all other faction, or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. Here is the link to the discussion thread and here is the link to your PT. You may converse with your allies during all phases inside this PT. Best of luck.

Patience
Conditional Ninja
. If you are targeted by a tracking role, or any of the like, when you perform your faction's night kill, you will not perform the kill. If you are targeted by an investigative role that learns a target's alignment or role, you Conditional modifier will not take effect and you will perform the kill. The investigative role will receive a result.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Greed the Avaricious

You are aligned with the
Advantages
and will win your faction eliminates any and all threats to the town. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. Here is the link to the discussion thread. Best of luck.

Bullying A Dragon
. In addition to protecting another player during the Night, you will kill whomever tried to kill your same target, but you will still die in the process. Your
Indecisive
modifier restricts you from using your ability on the same target two nights in a row, regardless if you were successful or not the first time you used it.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Pride the Arrogant

You are aligned with the
Advantages
and will win your faction eliminates any and all threats to the town. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. Here is the link to the discussion thread. Best of luck.

Devilish Pride
Ascetic
. You are immune to all night actions except night kills, reflexively role blocking all actions taken against you during the night phase.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Charity the Compassionate

You are aligned with the
Advantages

First One's Free
Ninja Lawyer
. You may protect a player from any investigations during the Night, causing your target to Investigate as the least incriminating result to any investigative roles e.g. Vanilla [Vanilla Cop/Neapolitan], Town [Cop], No Target [Tracker/Follower]. With the help of your
Ninja
modifier, you will never be seen targeting anyone by roles such as Trackers, Watchers, or any other similar investigative roles.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Forgiveness the Absolved

You are aligned with the
Advantages

Get the Scoop
Neapolitan
. You may investigate a player during the Night in order to discover if they are Vanilla or not. Only Vanilla Townies will return 'Vanilla' results, all other roles will return as 'Not Vanilla'.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Lust the Lascivious

You are aligned with the
Advantages

Love is for Children
. During the Night, you may select a player, learning who they targeted, but not what type of action they performed. Your
Conditional
modifier dictates that you will die if a player with an anti-town win condition targets you at any point in the game. While your
Loved
modifier makes you require one more vote than normal in order to be lynched. Your Loved modifier will stop working during MyLo and LyLo.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Gluttony the Voracious

You are aligned with the
Advantages
and will win with your equal or outnumber all other faction, or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. Here is the link to the discussion thread. Best of luck.

Om Nom Nom
. You may target a player, allowing them to use an extra action the following Night Phase, if they have any abilities. If your target does not have any active abilities, then nothing will happen to them and they will not be informed that they were Motivated. Your
Indecisive
modifier restricts you from using your ability on the same target two nights in a row, regardless if you were successful or not, while your
2-Shot
modifier only allows you to use your ability only two times.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Envy the Jealous

You are aligned with the
Advantages

Green with Envy
[1-Shot Active]: You are a
50% Toxic Goo
. During any single night of your choosing, anyone who targets you with an ability will have a 50% of dying of poison at the end of the following day phase. They will be alerted that they have been poisoned and will be able to use their vote, be a viable lynch candidate for that Day Phase, and use any day abilities (if they have any).

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Humility the Modest

You are aligned with the
Advantages
and will win your faction eliminates any and all threats to the town. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. Here is the link to the discussion thread. You have no other abilities besides your voice and your vote. Best of luck.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Sloth the Indolent

You are aligned with the
Advantages
and will win your faction eliminates any and all threats to the town. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. Here is the link to the discussion thread. You have no other abilities besides your voice and your vote. Best of luck.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Kindness the Affectionate

You are aligned with the
Advantages

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Chastity the Celibate

You are aligned with the
Advantages
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:38 am, edited 22 times in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

How Some of These Roles Interact With Each Other:

- Scum Vanilla Cop and Town Lawyer target X, the Elite Bodyguard. Lawyer comes before Vanilla Cop. Therefore, ScumVC would receive the result "Vanilla", instead of "Not Vanilla" due to the Lawyer's ability.

- Town Tracker and Town Lawyer target X, the Elite Bodyguard. Lawyer comes before Tracker. Therefore, TownTracker would receive the result "X did not target anyone," instead of "X targeted Y [the EBG's target]".
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:16 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

All done! Just need to find some reviewers!
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Can you explain the scum sidedness? I actually thought that this setup would be town sided based on the mafia versus town power role ratio! XD

How would adding one or two roles drop the power of the Neapolitan? I'm guessing that it would "disguise" the mafia by providing more opportunities for receiving the "Not Vanilla" result.

Good idea with the Lawyer! I'll make that change ASAP!

I like the idea of formatting every possible role into a PM. This obviously sounds like just one PM per role, which in all reality it is (but they don't need to know that ;3), but can you provide an example of the modifier template section? Thanks!

Ah. Okay. I was going off of some recent experience where my role had the Weak modifier attached to it and it worked similarly to what I described for the Ninja. I'll change the name to Conditional, it makes more sense that way, but keep the "Weak" modifier in the Modular set up information.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Cool!

I'll hash some more stuff out when I have a computer! Thanks for the help!
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

How could I balance a setup with 14 players? I know that the even number hurts town, but I think that 11 v 3 would end up hurting the Mafia by sheer numbers. Got any advice?
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Hmm. Maybe I'm not seeing something but how would increasing the number of scum reduce the chance of mislynching? Is it because of the higher probability of hitting scum? If so, then that makes sense.

So in a nutshell, what roles/modifiers would you add or throw away in both scenarios of 4 v 10 and 3 v 11?
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

I'm thinking I should randomize the flavor in the possible role PMs, in order to avoid people trying to break the game via flavor. Better safe than sorry!
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:27 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Possible role PMs are all done! Tell me if I missed anything! I think a few of them had the "here is the link to your PT" shtick, but I think I've caught them all! So, no possible scum slips via flavor! (I hope!)
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:23 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

This is very helpful! :D Like... I can't even put it into words how helpful this is helpful! I'll put the VT PM again!

Sure, I'll take the grammar errors!

I'll putz around with the possible roles I can put in.

I'd have to pick apart the part of your 10v4 paragraph in more detail, (I'm having lunch ATM), but it looks like that is slightly more complicated & swingy! I'm guessing that 11v3 wouldn't be as swingy then? Can you explain why? That way I can reduce swing in future setups!

Now, there are a lot of words I tend to use synonymously, but balance and swingy are not the same thing, I'm sure, right? Pretty sure I looked both terms up on the MS wiki, but could you give me a rehash + some examples of good/bad balance & swing? Thanks!

Ooh! I like your suggest Indecisive suggestion for the EBG! In theory, it sounds good. In practice, what would be the chances - do you think - that the EBG would target the same person two nights in a row?
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Currently, the tracker is largely a WIFOM investigator with a high chance of utility if he lives to the late game.
Can you elaborate more on this, specifically the utility aspect? I have a vague idea of the Tracker's usefulness in late game, but clarification's always good!
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

How many VTs would replace with weird/useless Town roles?
But the power light status of the scumteam seems like a feature, not a flaw, of your design.
Sounds about right.

Scum's "biggest" weapon is having the Vanilla Cop, which basically functions like a Role Cop, but having thrown the Neapolitan in the mix will - hopefully - dissuade anyone from trying to solve the game via role mechanics & WIFOM.

It helps that it's Modular Open! :D Conditional Ninja's kinda neat, but Tracker's already kinda neutralized by the fact that they can't get a clear guilty on scum via the "Scum targeted X and Y" route.

At this point, town's kinda tripping over its own toes ATM w/ all the Investigative roles hopping around - which is kinda the point.

Usually when I make setups, I try to nudge the point that players shouldn't completely rely on game related mechanics *coughs*
night play
*coughs* to solve the game for them. In theory, I hope it works. In practice, it probably won't always work. *winces*
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Hmm. Let's see. There are 5 town PRs, but it's actually 4 since the Neapolitan would never self-target. So that leaves 6 VTs that the Neo could get innocents on.

Got some new roles, plus I spiced up some older roles. Thoughts? I'm kinda drawing a blank as to what else I should throw in the town PR mix.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Greed the Avaricious

You are aligned with the
Advantages

Bullying A Dragon
. In addition to protecting another player during the Night, you will kill whomever tried to kill your same target, but you will still die in the process. Your
Indecisive
modifier restricts you from using your ability on the same target two nights in a row, regardless if you were successful or not the first time you used it.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Pride the Arrogant

You are aligned with the
Advantages

Devilish Pride
Ascetic
. You are immune to all night actions except night kills, reflexively role blocking all actions taken against you during the night phase.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Lust the Lascivious

You are aligned with the
Advantages

Love is for Children
. During the Night, you may select a player, learning who they targeted, but not what type of action they performed. Your
Conditional
modifier dictates that you will die if a player with an anti-town win condition targets you at any point in the game. While your
Loved
modifier makes you require one more vote than normal in order to be lynched. Your Loved modifier will stop working during MyLo and LyLo.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Gluttony the Voracious

You are aligned with the
Advantages
and will win with your equal or outnumber all other faction, or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Please reply to this PM to show that you have confirmed. Here is the link to the discussion thread. Best of luck.

Om Nom Nom
. You may target a player, allowing them to use an extra action the following Night Phase, but your
Indecisive
modifier restricts you from using your ability on the same target two nights in a row, regardless if you were successful or not, while your
2-Shot
modifier only allows you to use your ability only two times.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Envy the Jealous

You are aligned with the
Advantages

Green with Envy
Activated 1-Shot 50% Green Goo
. During any night of your choosing, anyone who targets you with an ability has a 50% chance of becoming Green Goo. They will lose any abilities they may have, but their alignment will remain the same.

Welcome
USERNAME
. You are
Charity the Compassionate

You are aligned with the
Advantages

First One's Free
Ninja Lawyer
. You may protect a player from any investigations during the Night, causing your target to Investigate as the least incriminating result to any investigative roles e.g. Vanilla [Vanilla Cop/Neapolitan], Town [Cop], No Target [Tracker/Follower]. With the help of your
Ninja
modifier, you will never be seen targeting anyone by roles such as Trackers, Watchers, or any other similar investigative roles.

This makes 7 Town PRs [Neapolitan's not in the list since it hasn't been altered yet], but 6 when you take away the Neapolitan. So this leaves... (wow I'm bad at math)... 4 VTs (Vanilla results) that the Neapolitan can receive.
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Note to self,
@Ghost
you've already "updated"/"matched" these :up: role PMs to the ones in the spoiler!
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Which Goo is the least annoying? Toxic or Green Goo?

Green Goo is probably least annoying to Town, but it might screw scum over since - based on the wording - it would, theoretically, turn which scum targeted it into a Traitor (removes ability to access PT, to perform the NK, but remains aligned with scum).

Toxic Goo is somewhat bad cause it'd basically function like a 1-Shot PGO in this setup, except maybe not
as
bad because it basically allows its victims to be Tree Stumps.

Think I might switch out Green Goo for Toxic Goo. Thoughts?
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #18) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:35 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Thanks for your help! I'll dissect more tomorrow!

I'll rechceck for the Goon PM to see if the default powers come across as faction abilities. Like you said, they don't seem to.

I'll update the Motivator PM to reflect that tidbit.

If you're going to write a review guide, I would definitely include your post just now about swing and balance. It's easy to understand but very informative. If you'd like, I'll take two looks at it - one as a mod and one as a writer. The latter I can provide feedback on whether or not it needs any polishing with clarity, which IIRC I don't think it needs, but probably wouldn't hurt to check.

So, the current role out is:

Scum:
Vanilla Cop
Goon
Conditional Ninja

Town:
Ascetic Townie
Ninja Lawyer
Neapolitan
Activated 1-Shot 50% Green Goo
Activated 1-Shot Hated Toxic Goo
3 Vanilla Townies
Where would you say the swing and balance are at in this setup?
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:32 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

I really have to come up with a better title for this thing.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:12 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Neeeh.... /thinks/

To reduce the swing, I'd have to either remove a Goo or combine both Goos, right? I can work with that!

Would replacing a Good with a VT righten that balance to be a little more even? It'd increase the number of Innocents to 4 (5 when you consider the Neapolitan), thus raising its utility.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:20 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Done some more thinking: what would you replace the Vanilla Cop with?
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #22) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:07 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Okay. I got rid of the Green Goo, kept the Activated 1-Shot Toxic Goo in the mix, but added the 50% modifier into that role card. Would a poisoned player be able to vote the next day or not? I'm assuming that they wouldn't be able to vote, or be in the possible lynch pool, because they're dying, but I'm not sure.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:46 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

If I powered up the role cop, how would that affect balance? Should I announce whether or not a player is poisoned to the majority/public? Or should I leave it up to the poisoned player's discretion whether or not they want to announce that they've been poisoned?
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #24) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:43 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Got it! Thanks!

I'll keep the Vanilla Cop as is.

What about poisoned players? Should I announce that someone's been poisoned or leave it up to their discretion?
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Got it. Do you think I should mention in the Goo Player's role PM that their poisoned target will get privately notified?
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Neat.

So, what's the final balance and swing of this setup? This'll be the final load out.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Cool. As long as it's reasonably balanced, I'll take the small swing chance.

Thanks for your help Jingle! :D

Anything else that you'd recommend, rule-wise or whatnot? Like things/rules to include or remove?
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #28) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Yay! :D

Thanks Jingle! You're the best!
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #29) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:56 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Figuring out the turn order: Reasonable Action Resolution Article

Scum
:
Vanilla Cop
Goon
Conditional Ninja

Town
:
Ascetic Townie
Ninja Lawyer
Neapolitan
1-Shot Activated 50% Toxic Goo
4 Vanilla Townies
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #30) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Quick question to the both of you: does my method for resolving Turn Order have to fit into the Normal guidelines? I asked CFJ and their newest method and they made an offhand comment about it, which got me thinking about it.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #31) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:35 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Never mind! I just PM'd mastina about this!
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:41 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

It's fine. :3

Don't beat yourself over this.

Can do!
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #33) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:16 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In a nutshell, Neapolitan can confirm at least four players as town - not including themselves - while the Vanilla Cop can give the mafia some idea of which players they should target with their NK, but no definite confirmation for who to kill and who to not kill.

Jingle hit the nail on the head when he identified that the main shtick of the setup is not it never gives clear answers, but does give a vague idea.

If the Conditional Ninja was targeted by - in this case - the Neapolitan and the Conditional Loved Tracker when it performed the night kill, it's conditional modifier would kick in and the player would not perform the kill that night - also signaling to the mafia that they probably were investigated by something other than a tracker (smart scum could use this to deduce town PRs). The end results would be: No night kill, Neapolitan gets "Not Vanilla" and the Conditional Loved Tracker gets "Username did not target anyone."

Squinting at the wording at bit more closely, I believe that that's the correct result the CLT would receive because the CN "will not perform" their action to begin with.

In your scenario, the results would be nearly the same: Conditional Ninja wouldn't make the kill, Cop would get a guilty and Tracker would return "did not target anyone".
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #34) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:17 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

FYI I'm not using NAR, I'm using RAR; a recent article that attempts to fix the problems in NAR.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #35) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:44 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

As far as I can understand, RAR "checks whether an particular end of night effect happens" - i.e. usually active roles - rather than "checking to see if an actions occurs or not", so that it can avoid the whole role blocker and jail keeper cross-targeting nightmare.

What do you think of the having prod timers be the usual length (48 hours), but players can only be prodded twice before being replaced on the third time? Do you think it's reasonable?

Also, what are your thoughts on Nudges and Follow-up Nudges for V/LA players? I ran into this "issue" in my Mini Theme where I had to figure out how to balance a player's V/LA status and balance their activity requirements? Like I wanted to be lenient, but still have something "official" to "fix" it if it became an issue.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:46 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Hmm...

Could you check over Jingle's critiques and see if you agree or disagree with his reasoning regarding the roles and whatnot, in case either the two of us - Jingle and I - missed anything? Having another set of eyes look that stuff over can't hurt! :)

Thanks!
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #37) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:50 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 57, AnonymousGhost wrote:As far as I can understand, RAR "checks whether an particular end of night effect happens" - i.e. usually active roles - rather than "checking to see if an actions occurs or not", so that it can avoid the whole role blocker and jail keeper cross-targeting nightmare.
So, in the Conditional Ninja, Cop, and Tracker scenario, I'd be asking myself something like:

What result, if any, did the Cop return as?
What result, if any, did the Tracker return as?
Did the mafi's NK target die?

Which would result in this Poe-thingy.

What result, if any, did the Cop return as?
Yes.
What result, if any, did the Tracker return as?
"did not target anyone"
Did the mafi's NK target die?
Yes. [Factor in the Ninja's conditional modifier & whomever targeted this player] No.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #38) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 56, Aristophanes wrote:I approve of swing as long as it remains fun!
Can you unpack this in more detail please? Thank you! :3
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #39) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 62, Jingle wrote:Be aware that no one signs up for BAM games anymore.
Can't say I blame them. BaM games are not what I would typically play, especially when I consider how that ruleset handles flaking replacements.

I don't think my activity requirements border on BaM, but I don't think it'll make "flaking" easy for players to do. Hopefully... <.<

Interesting explanation about swing! I like it!
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #40) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Asking one last time to check off my t's and dot my i's...

Balance is good? :D

If so, I take it that you'd sign off on this setup? :3
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #41) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:16 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Nice!

Hmm... Do you think now is a bad time to take it into sign-ups? Feels like I should advertise or wait for a bit before I put it out there.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:43 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Ooh~

Thanks!