Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2296 (isolation #200) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:58 pm

Post by implosion »

Obviously if skitter is n3 cop with a result she claims it, otherwise we still just don't claim? If skitter is a n3 doc it should also be worth it to out her target, since she's still a high-priority kill for scum either way and it's info we could miss if she dies tonight.

I do think NC is most likely scum.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2314 (isolation #201) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by implosion »

So I have a long post written out, but ideally, before I post it:

Nick
: please claim.

We no longer have any reason not to massclaim, and I'd like nick to claim before me.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2315 (isolation #202) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by implosion »

actually realized that it doesn't matter and i'm impatient so~~

With the result on RC I'm just going to claim that I protected skitter; if Nicolas Cage is in fact the last scum, then he already knows that I'm a doctor based on counts. If he isn't scum then it's irrelevant because there's no way scum are ever nightkilling either of us. So I'm pretty sure scum have no use for that info.

I also am impatient, and want to show off my god-awful horrible breadcrumb:
In post 138, implosion wrote:
In post 131, implosion wrote:
That looks almost physically impossible tbh. Not quite but almost.

Penguin, has your meta changed since that mini normal from like two years ago? Say no, please.
I'd like to further clarify that it is probably actually physically impossible. At least I think most people would agree.
Physically impossible, but almost physically possible -> the largest number of sides that can't be made into a physical die. You can make a D4 (a tetrahedron), but you can't make a 3-sided die, a D3, ergo night-3 doc. Most people would agree with this but you could argue that you can simulate it with a 6-sided die, or that you could just use a triangular prism. But those people are silly.

I was expecting skitter to be a cop as soon as I saw there was no kill; it's lucky that she's a n3 cop. This is because most likely, scum shot skitter because they knew there was only one doctor left unclaimed, and they were willing to risk the 1/3 chance of it being a n3 doc; this implies that she was a cop. There's probably no way they make that kill if Nick is an unclaimed town doctor; if he's an unclaimed town cop, then it's possible they make the kill, but in that case we have another cop shot to work with still. And in fact, we lynch spoogh today and no-lynch tomorrow, so it doesn't matter if he claims n4 or n5 cop. So no matter what his claim is I think we're in a rather fantastic spot.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2318 (isolation #203) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by implosion »

it's fine because it doesn't matter what he claims, because he either claims doc (in which case he is very heavily implicated by the logic that scum probably wouldn't have shot you with two unclaimed doctors), or he claims cop (in which case he will be forced to if scum/have the chance to if town, use his shot tonight or tomorrow night)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2322 (isolation #204) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by implosion »

There's still no reason to lynch nc today. In the event he is town he could theoretically have a doc save that earns an extra mislynch or a cop shot that earns an extra clear. And we have confscum.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2332 (isolation #205) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by implosion »

I do sort of want nick to claim before day end but -shrug- i'll vote if my whims whim me to
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2343 (isolation #206) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:12 am

Post by implosion »

I still thought you were a pretty solid candidate for scum after gamma flipped town. Still thought that nick was more likely, but beyond reads it really just should have been obvious that gamma had no motivation as scum in that situation whatsoever to fake claim that particular result. I said that and stand by that it should have been pretty clear, and I think that gives gamma’s wagon quite a bit of a scummy tinge. Which is sad since there were so many town on it. But that’s not important now.

And you’re somewhat wrong about saying I should get no town equity whatsoever for the doc save claim, for a few reasons.

One, I crumbed my role. So long as you believe the crumb, then to believe that I am scum you have to believe that I happened to crumb something that actually would have wound up being critical.

Two, there is explicit negative utility for me to do this as scum; if I were scum I would know that either nick or skitter is a doctor, and if that doctor was nick and he wound up getting an extra save eventually then town would get an extra mislynch.

Three, I did it after you were cop cleared; if I were scum I would sure as hell know that you would dismiss it instantly.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2348 (isolation #207) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:36 am

Post by implosion »

In post 2345, Music and Mail wrote:
In post 2343, implosion wrote:I still thought you were a pretty solid candidate for scum after gamma flipped town.

Let's be clear
Anyone who thought I had
any
chance of being scum with my Skitter interactions as they were has bad reads or is scum.
I think implosion ought to be better than this. Skitter agreed but I don't necessarily think she ought to be better than this given her results in this/last game.
anyone who thinks i have any chance of being scum with *my* skitter interactions as they were has bad reads or is scum as well.

actually fuck off.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2360 (isolation #208) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by implosion »

rc, you realize how absolutely absurd it is to see you use an "implosion should know better than this as town" argument on me given how you've played this game...

I thought you were scum because you should have known better about penguin, and gamma. And you should have known better about skitter much, much sooner. And you should have known better about me.

It's patently ridiculous to say that I, as town, should know better than to scumread you, one of the best scum players on site, when your agenda has constantly been beneficial to scum this game. When Carca was guiltied, you pushed to lynch *me or gamma* over *carca or nick*. When I pushed against the penguin lynch, and against the gamma lynch, and made a wall calling carcalilly scum literally six posts before she was guiltied. It's actually maddening to see you do all of this, and then accuse me of "should have known better than to scumread me" for having one mildly (again, i was never strongly calling you scum except during the period you claimed to have a 100% tell on me) incorrect read... a read which, at its strongest, was based on the exact same argument of "you should really know better than this."
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2367 (isolation #209) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by implosion »

gg.

What nights were the power roles that got shot? We had a really high concentration of early night power roles, unless rc or a50 was fakeclaiming.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2369 (isolation #210) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by implosion »

yeah you'll notice i never actually said what i'd do if nick flipped town.

there's a reason for that.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2372 (isolation #211) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by implosion »

Nah, i think there was no way you were avoiding a lynch with the gamestate at the end. Conceding here seems reasonable.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2377 (isolation #212) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by implosion »

Also yeah, gamma's check on spoogh was indeed pretty game-winning.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2381 (isolation #213) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by implosion »

what? a50 was fakeclaiming?

dramatic gasp
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2382 (isolation #214) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by implosion »

also if a50 was a n4 doc then we were about to get an extra mislynch, lol.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2440 (isolation #215) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by implosion »

shoutout to BuJaber for some sick d1 reads also.

Return to “Completed Open Games”