Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #4673 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:09 am

Post by Korina »

Would anyone be interested in a TTT (Trouble in Terrorist Town) themed game?
Probably would be ran in the Micro Queue.

Setup would be nightless, scum have factional chat at all times.
Players are allowed to kill anyone else at any time by PMing "
Kill (Name)
" - Scum share a kill. This ability is also limited to once per day.
Players killed in this method aren't flipped until investigated by detective, and detective gets a pool of players it could be.
Players can also follow another player and see who kills them, however, more than one player following someone causes the follows to fail.
Prods are not issued until requested, and players votes remain until the player is confirmed to be dead.

If detective dies, any player may step up to become the new one. Everyone votes on who will become the detective if multiple players step forth.
Original detective is confirmed to be town, future ones do not have alignment confirmed.

Basically, it's a limited flip nightless setup of X day-vigs, with one of them being able to get the flips of other dead players, plus some other mechanics.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4675 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Korina »

That’d result in me automatically winning.
Plus, why would scum agree to that?
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4677 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:23 am

Post by Korina »

In post 4676, Elbirn wrote:Does the game have traditional voting or just unlimited vigs?
The game does have the normal lynch, in addition to all players holding one vig shot per day, (scum have theirs lumped together).
So, Town can hang someone each day,
and
each townie is allowed to individually shoot someone each day
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4682 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Korina »

In post 4679, Elbirn wrote:
In post 4677, Korina wrote:
In post 4676, Elbirn wrote:Does the game have traditional voting or just unlimited vigs?
The game does have the normal lynch, in addition to all players holding one vig shot per day, (scum have theirs lumped together).
So, Town can hang someone each day,
and
each townie is allowed to individually shoot someone each day
Re: Vig shots, does this mean collectively town can only shoot once per day and scum once per day, or everyone can go ham except for the scum team? Cuz if it's the latter I'd imagine a situation where you can narrow out scum based on who is unable to fire, but I may be underthinking it
Town are allowed to individually shoot. Scum have their shots lumped together so they share a kill, (the factional kill).
Players who are killed in this method don't have the shooter announced. The detective will have a pool of players that it could be. If Player A shot Player B, and Player C, (the detective) investigates Player B, they'd get back: "Player A, Player D or Player E could've shot Player B!" in addition to revealing to everyone else what Player B was.

One of those names would actually be correct.

To prevent the detective from spamming investigations as well, there'd be a four-day cooldown between investigates, so they could get 3 investigates in per day.
In post 4681, shortaru wrote:
In post 4675, Korina wrote:That’d result in me automatically winning.
Plus, why would scum agree to that?
Why would town disagree?

Disagree = scum
If everyone dies, then I automatically win because no one is able to win.
Mafia did not take a majority of town, (since they're all dead), and no pro-town players are still alive.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4683 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Korina »

That also brings into the account the following mechanics.
A player is allowed to follow someone else, and they'll be directly informed if that player is killed, and if they are, who shot them.

However, to prevent multiple people visiting the same target, if more than one person follows someone else, all follows fail.
Following a dead player causes them to be revealed as dead, however, their role-card remains a mystery, (only because I realized that it'd be impossible for a dead detective to be found out).

Following also is time-limited to prevent someone from spamming it, and finding a dead player that method. Once every two days someone can submit a follow target.
Once a dead detective is found, all players may also step forth to become the detective. This relies on a majority of players agreeing that someone becoming detective.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4688 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:31 am

Post by Korina »

Yea, I would be. I love the fire emblem series, so I wouldn't mind playing or helping review flavor.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4755 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:29 am

Post by Korina »

Would anyone be interested in a Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood-styled game? I haven’t began working on the full-setup/details, but I can assure you that it would involve neighborhoods and friendly neighbors. Additionally, I’d be posting a lot of clips from the show.

If you don’t know who he is, look him up. He was genuinely one of the nicest, most caring human beings in the world, and youtube keeps recommending me videos from his show.

The game would also be explicitly non-bastard, singleball. The setup would probably be a 13-4.
Additionally, I may use character names from the show, depending on how many characters I can easily find enough information to make a suitable ability for.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4764 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:43 am

Post by Korina »

I'm really tempted to make either CultD3 or Grand Idea uPick's flavor that now.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4770 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Korina »

If I ran a persona 5 themed game of mafia, would anyone be interested? I just found out the calling card font, Earwig Factory, works on the forums, and it really makes me wanna design and run a game. I'm thinking either a mini or a large, with a 10:3 or 13:4 ratio. No third parties/anything bastard (I think), but some special mechanics.

I can't think of anything clever to put here.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4772 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:15 am

Post by Korina »

What’s the link? I may steal some of their mechanics if it’d be a better version of mine.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4773 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:25 am

Post by Korina »

Nvm, I found it. I'm also planning on stealing the mechanics, and potentially a few aspects of roles from it.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4841 (isolation #11) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 4839, kuribo wrote:I've long toyed with doing a series of games in what would be called Chaos Mode.

This would be a bastard style modification, for reasons that will become clear. It will also be extremely swingy and impossible to balance, but it might be fun:

Chaos Mode: The moderator begins with a list of any number of game states or status effects. The player base is not aware of the nature of these status effects. At the start of each day and each night, the moderator rolls a dice and announces the subsequent change to the gamestate. Some examples might be: "Everyone is Loved," "You all get a gun!" "Talk Like a Pirate!" "Explosions!" "A hot potato appears!" "No Night Nuesday!" "WTF now the dead can vote?!" And so on.

Furthermore, the first game I would run with this modification would probably be another I've long dreamed of running: "Oops! All Dreaming Gods." Every player is a dreaming god. Every player gets vague names of ten to twenty abilities. No player knows what their abilities do. Chaos Mode may illuminate their abilities to themselves, to others, to the thread at large, may cause them to swap abilities with other people, and so on.

For obvious reasons, the game would be very swingy and potentially unbalanced. I suppose I wouldn't suggest anyone join unless they hate themselves or just want to putz around in a really weird game.

Would there be interest?
Uh, yes. I would be down to play that.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4865 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 4860, Cook wrote:Jackbox Mafia.

PM me if interested in helping design.
Jackbox Mafia has been done in marathon queues before. IIRC, how it worked was:
Winner chooses to eliminate someone, and if there was I think seven or eight people, mafia get a NK on top of the winner choosing who to eliminate.
Game just progresses until one side is gone.

Not sure if this was what you wanted, but it would be a good schematic to build off of.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4894 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by Korina »

Dumb GIM idea:

For each slot in the game, I roll X times on the GIM thread to create a deck of roles, (probably around 10 times)
I draft a single card as well and put it in the deck

The deck is then publicly posted, and I draft roles from the deck to create a setup. (Drafting idea is I draw X cards at random and pick the one I like the most out of X.)

Alternative idea:
All players pick 10 roles from GIM to send to me that comprises the deck, and U follow the above drafting idea to create the actual setup

Would anyone be interested in this hypothetical setup?
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B