Best Role Ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Akira »

"You are the
Deceiver
. You are on mafia's side and you can participate in their discussion, but you don't need to be lynched by town for town to win. Your job is to get yourself voted and drive suspicion off of the real scums. So getting yourself lynched is considered a mislynch."

I don't know if this already exists, but I still thought it was good to share.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Akira »

Twomz wrote:So a scum who can't have the kill who turns as town? Also, what if all the mafia are killed? Or he is NKed?
No, a scum who doesn't need to be lynched for town to win.

"What if all the mafia are killed?". What do you think? Town wins, that's what. :wink:
And why would scum NK him anyway?
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Akira »

Twomz wrote:
Akira wrote:
Twomz wrote:So a scum who can't have the kill who turns as town? Also, what if all the mafia are killed? Or he is NKed?
No, a scum who doesn't need to be lynched for town to win.

"What if all the mafia are killed?". What do you think? Town wins, that's what. :wink:
And why would scum NK him anyway?
I meant more the 'mislynch' part, which means he turns town correct? So if all the other mafia are killed, he loses. I get that. But, the NK was in reference to a vig/SK kill... I guess it fulfills his objective of drawing attention away from mafia...

So, he's almost a 'mafia jester'?
Whoops, I guess I shouldn't head into Mafia discussion without finishing my first game... :?

The truth is I only considered that role in an F11 setup. And he doesn't turn town when killed: when I said mislynch, I meant that he is considered one because there's no point in lynching him.

Now that you made me look up "mafia jester", I guess he's just like the jester except his alignment, which is mafia. Sorry for the confusion.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:01 am

Post by Akira »

Robot

(maybe this already exists, dunno)
You may target one player at night. If that player is the target of a kill, they will be protected from that kill. If not, you will receive that player's alignment.

It's basically a combination of cop and doctor, pretty op I think but might be nice as an x-shot.

Also,

Terminator

Town-aligned.
You may target one player at night. If that player is the target of a kill, they will be protected from that kill. If they are scum, you kill them. If neither, simply return their alignment.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Akira »

Psychic

Can visit a player at night. That player's night action will be overridden by the mod, who will use it/direct it in the most beneficial way possible (for the targeted player) for that night.

I.e. if the psychic visits a doctor, that doctor will automatically protect that night's scumkill. If the psychic visits a cop, they will target scum (usually, or perhaps a scummy town player). If however the psychic visits scum, the action will be in the scum's best interest (i.e. kill the most powerful PR, etc.) even if the psychic is town-aligned. These aren't fixed rules though; simply put the mod has to direct/use the action in the best possible way given full knowledge of the setup, current situation and everyone else's night actions for that night.

Fortune Teller

Can visit a player at night. That player will receive a 'fortune'. This consists of a statement regarding a certain action that will occur to them in the future.

For example it could say "You will die on the next night", or "You will die the night after the next", or "You will be visited by someone special on the next night" (this can be specific or vague).

The content of the fortune will be at the mod's discretion, or can be somehow randomised.

Then, on the night of the fortune, if it is possible for the action to occur, then it will occur, by switching around the night actions however necessary (i.e. redirecting a NK onto the player, etc.)

I would definitely notify a cop if their action was redirected. As for other roles, not sure.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|

Return to “Mafia Discussion”