Scumreading and Rudeness

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Scumreading and Rudeness

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:52 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I have noticed this in a number of games I’ve played, both here and offsite as well. Some townies seem to be of the opinion, that it’s perfectly fine to treat one’s scumreads like crap.

Yes, I know scum are the bad guys but they’re also human beings who don’t choose their alignment. I was in a game - offsite - a little while ago where one player who mistakenly scumread me, proceeded to treat me like garbage because of it. I was so deflated by this, that I gave up any hope of being ever correctly read in that game and sealed my eventual mislynch by choking.

It is my opinion that you should try your best to treat other players with respect - irrespective of what alignment you happen to be reading them as.

Not allowing a player to get away with anything super sketchy and calling them out on their shit, is part of effective scumhunting but I don’t think it’s ever necessary or justified IMHO, to ever treat them as subhuman, is my point.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2, RadiantCowbells wrote:What people in this thread fail to understand is that randing wolf is a deep and fundamental moral failure, and that any time someone has potentially randed wolf, they are rejecting you as a human being, and therefore an emotion and vitriol laden method to push them is the most appropriate response humanly possible

Or maybe the opposite of that.

-Slightly modified from Mhsmith0
Except when it fails spectacularly like in the example, I mentioned.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:32 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I don’t envy you. Rolling scum first game is rough. It’s not fun to have dead thread happy you’re dead and rooting for your side’s demise.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:18 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Some people - even those who ought to know better - directly insult other players* intelligence. MS shoild have a 0 tolerance for this despicable behaviour, and no one ought to be exempt.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Mafia Discussion”