Most Infamous Mafia Games Of All Time?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Most Infamous Mafia Games Of All Time?

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:31 am

Post by Egix96 »

Here's something I wanted to create a thread on as it's a subject I find interesting.

What do you guys think are the most infamous mafia games to have ever been played?

Two examples I have in mind, both from Mafia Universe:
(It's all right, I can hear everyone groaning already...)

TMC Season 4, Game 5: So You Think You Can Be Super?
Why it's infamous: In a 2v1 LyLo situation, one of the two remaining town members made a fake vote (subtly misspelling the player's name) in order to trick the last mafia member into outing themself. The gambit was considered to have exploited a loophole in the rules, so the mafia were awarded a no-contest (still a win for town though). In fact, this game is the reason why MU now flags up invalid votes.
Relevant pages: 100-101

Danganronpa Mafia (The Anonymous Mash one)
Why it's infamous: Two of the town players in the game were found to have been a couple in real life. After one of them died in the game, they were able to relay to their partner what was being discussed in the spectator chat. This ended up compromising the integrity of the game such that it had to be called off.
Relevant page: 306

Apologies if everyone and their mother already knows about these two examples. Besides, something can't be infamous if it's not well known, am I right?

Curious to see what "MIMGOATs" others have to share here.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by Egix96 »

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I've just read the "glory moment" from Space Monkeys and a bit of the ending of the game as well. Gonna look at CFM12 next.

Does anyone have the game number for Civ Mafia? Apologies if I missed it.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”