Time to go to Hogwarts

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

Is there ever going to be one of these games that is actually updated somewhat frequently? Neither this nor
Enter this thread at your own risk
is active right now.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

After 2 years (almost exactly!) of inactivity I am giving MafiaScum a second chance...

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:05 am

Post by Annadog40 »

In post 47, 2 718281828459 wrote:I reluctantly follow the largemanwithabeard.
You shuffle out of the train along with the pile of people. You BuJaber, Inferno390 and other students move down a path after the man.

"Ye' all get yer firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec," the bearded man calls over
his shoulder, "jus' round this bend here."

You are able to see Hogwarts castle, several others say "Oooohhhhh"

As you make your to the dock, you hear BuJaber inquire about a hot meal.

The bearded man responds, "Once yer all sorted," he then points to a fleet a boats on the dock, "No more'n four to a boat!"

The students around you begin piling into the boats. The bearded man gets into a boat just by himself.

The lake ripples ominously.
In post 48, BuJaber wrote:I shuffle towards the large man. I also enquire out loud if we can get a hot meal soon.
You shuffle out of the train along with the pile of people. You Inferno390, 2 718281828459 and other students move down a path after the man. The black haired boy walks next to you.

As you make your to the dock, you inquire about a hot meal.

The bearded man responds, "Once yer all sorted," he then points to a fleet a boats on the dock, "No more'n four to a boat!"

The students around you begin piling into the boats. The bearded man gets into a boat just by himself.

In post 49, Inferno390 wrote:Go with the bearded man
You shuffle out of the train along with the pile of people. You BuJaber, 2 718281828459 and other students move down a path after the man.

As you make your to the dock, you hear BuJaber inquire about a hot meal.

2 718281828459 wrote:Is there ever going to be one of these games that is actually updated somewhat frequently? Neither this nor
Enter this thread at your own risk
is active right now.
For me, I think it's because I'm not super into the harry potter theme of this game. I wonder what a game like this would be like with two mods.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Have Anna find another mod
I move that BuJaber, 2.17, and I all get in the same boat
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

I agree with the same-boat idea, and once on, I complain that 4 to a boat means we cannot play mafia on the boats.

Once Inferno, BuJaber, and the fourth person (if any) board, I ask the following puzzle:
You have 13 identical magic stones, except that at most one of them has an evil curse of bad luck. You remember being told that the cursed stone will weigh slightly more... or was it less... Anyway, you have a balance scale that will work exactly 3 times, and you also have another stone with the same weight as a non-cursed stone.
Your task is to find the cursed stone before... bad things happen? And because of the bad luck curse, the evil stone will probably be the one that fools your strategy, if possible.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

After 2 years (almost exactly!) of inactivity I am giving MafiaScum a second chance...

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by Flicker »

I get lost getting off the train and wander in the wrong direction. I disappear, never to be seen again.

(And that's why Lisa Turpin is never mentioned in the books...)
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:19 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 53, 2 718281828459 wrote:I agree with the same-boat idea, and once on, I complain that 4 to a boat means we cannot play mafia on the boats.

Once Inferno, BuJaber, and the fourth person (if any) board, I ask the following puzzle:
You have 13 identical magic stones, except that at most one of them has an evil curse of bad luck. You remember being told that the cursed stone will weigh slightly more... or was it less... Anyway, you have a balance scale that will work exactly 3 times, and you also have another stone with the same weight as a non-cursed stone.
Your task is to find the cursed stone before... bad things happen? And because of the bad luck curse, the evil stone will probably be the one that fools your strategy, if possible.
I number the stones 1 to 13

I weigh stones 1-4 against stones 5-8

If the scale is balanced we know the evil stone is within stones 9-13.

Weigh 9+10 against 11+1. (we know stone 1 is not evil at this point because it was on the original scale)

If the scale is balanced, we know 12 or 13 is evil, and we can weigh 12 against 1 to determine whether it is 12 (if the scale is imbalanced) or 13 (if it balances).

if 9+10 vs 11+1 is imbalanced, I weigh 9 against 10. If it balances, 11 is the evil stone.

If it isn't balanced, 9 or 10 is the evil stone, and it can be deduced which one by whether 9 or 10 is heavier/lighter:

If in the 9+10 vs 11+1 weighing, if 9+10 was heavier than the evil stone is whichever one is heavier, and if 9+10 was lighter than the evil stone is whichever one is lighter.

If the original 1-4 vs 5-8 scale is unbalanced, then the evil stone is within 1-8.

Relabel the stones: the ones on the lighter side are L1 L2 L3 L4 and the ones on the heavier side are H1 H2 H3 H4

weigh L1 + L2 + H1 against L3 + H2 + stone 13 (which we know is not evil)

If the scale is balanced, either L4, H3, or H4 is the evil stone.

Weigh H3 against H4

If scale is balanced, L4 is evil. If scale is unbalanced, the heavier stone is evil since H3 and H4 were on the heavier side of the original scale.

if L1 + L2 + H1 is heavier than L3 + H2 + 13:

given the conditions above, L1, L2, H2, and 13 are not evil. That leaves only L3 or H1 to be evil

weigh L3 against 13

if scale is balanced, H1 is evil. if scale is unbalanced, L3 is evil.

if L1 + L2 + H1 is lighter than L3 + H2 + 13:

given the conditions above, L3, H1, and 13 are not evil. That leaves only L1, L2 or H2.

weigh L1 against L2

if scale is balanced, H2 is evil. If scale is unbalanced, the lighter stone is evil (since L1 and L2 were on the lighter side of the original scale)
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:38 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

(At this point I realize I forgot a vital element of the puzzle, but I accept the answer to the stated puzzle and move on to the next puzzle.)

You and three other adventurers have just escaped after collecting three gold statues, avoiding traps, and taking risks. You feel great that you escaped the final trap (a lava pit that by your calculations should take twenty minutes to fill) in less than five minutes. However, you see a long, rickety bridge over a canyon that you must cross before you can find freedom.
  • Jones is a trained professional, he can definitely cross the bridge in a minute.
  • You are about average pace, and will take two minutes to get across.
  • Brown is afraid of heights, and will not be faster than four minutes no matter what you do.
  • Smith got badly injured. While you can expect Smith to walk, do not expect a time faster than eight minutes to cross.
  • Anyone carrying a gold statue will have their crossing time doubled. They are quite heavy. No one can carry two statues at once. And for that matter, carrying people does not look like an option either.
You only have 15 minutes before the lava spills out and melts the bridge, so everyone must be across by then. Unfortunately, because the bridge is in disrepair you can only afford to send up to two people and maybe a statue across at once, and you will need a torch to be able to see and there is only one available.
And you cannot sacrifice anyone or any of the gold statues. (Of course, you CAN leave them on one side of the bridge as long as someone is there to watch them.)
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:43 am

Post by YellowSnow »

I will have a
toad

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”