Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:07 am

Post by implosion »

schadd_ wrote:
schadd_ wrote:/in to mod a mini :)
9p
7:2
I Am Experienced and Need No Comod

town:
informed neapolitan (player is an ascetic 1-shot tracker)
1-shot bodyguard
ascetic 1-shot tracker
4 VT
informed 1-shot watcher ("there is a full neapolitan among the town")
informed goon ("there are exactly 3 informed roles in this game")
post 1 wrote:
welcome to mini 3: the labeled pictures meme thing mafia!

Spoiler:

modded by: schadd

reviewers: reviewers
shoutout to: Content Creators Everywhere

Spoiler: list
list

Spoiler: reveals
playername, lynched / died D/N1, was a role

Spoiler: events
evence
post 2 wrote: rules, adapted from nexus's

--most important rule: be nice and don't be mean--

general:

- Please adhere to the site rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread.
- Day phases will last 2 weeks (or until a lynch is achieved).
- Night Phases will last 48 hours maximum. On any given night, if all players PM me that they are okay to speed up the night, it will end sooner.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM the mod.
- "Bah" posts are not allowed.
- If you break any of these rules, you will probably be modkilled.

voting / player actions:

- Vote either with vote tags (VOTE: schadd) or with bold (
vote: schadd
). Note that I didn't include the underscore in my username; you may choose to use a string that will uniquely identify a player to me instead of the exact thing.
- Don't try to confuse me with your votes.
- You may vote No Lynch to Not Lynch.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If nobody dies for 3 consecutive day and night phases, the town will win.
- If you have a Night Action, you may submit it from Night 1 and each subsequent Night (or whichever nights are specified by the role).

activity:

- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- As well, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.
-
If you decide to replace out, PLEASE PM me and don't post in thread after doing so - if you want to rescind the replacement BLEASE PM ME AGAIN and dont post in thread until i have been like "ok np"

mechanics:

-
Aquamarine, 21B35F
is my color. Please don't use it.
- No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography. For example, I would prefer that no font size smaller than the one you're reading now be used.
- The mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.

Mafia will be able to communicate with each other during day phases.

There will be 7 town and 2 mafia.

Nobody will be a cop, a psychologist, a ninja, or a traitor (though traitor isnt normal in 7:2 anyway :] )

sample VT PM:
VT wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Vanilla Townie.
You have no abilities during night phases but may talk and vote during the Day.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Please confirm by telling me what the bolded green text says.
PMs wrote:
informed neep wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Town Informed Neapolitan.
Each night, you may investigate a player to learn whether or not they are a vanilla townie. You are informed that [playername] is a Town Ascetic 1-shot Tracker.

bodyguard wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Town 1-shot Bodyguard.
Once, at night, you may visit somebody to die instead of them if they are hit with a killing action.

asc traxxer wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Town Ascetic 1-shot Tracker.
Once, at night, you may investigate a player to find out whom they targeted with a night action, if anyone. Any non-killing action that targets you will fail.

informed wathechr wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Mafia Informed 1-shot Watcher.
Once, at night, you may visit another player to learn who, if anyone, visited them with a night action. You are informed that there exists a Neapolitan among the town who does not have restrictions as to which nights they may act. You may talk to your partners in [PT link] at any time, and you may also talk and vote during Day phases.

You win when either mafia control half the vote during a Day phase or when all townies are dead, or nothing can prevent one of these scenarios from happening.

Please confirm by telling me what the bolded red text says, or by posting in your mafia PT.
inofromed goon wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Mafia Informed Goon
. You are informed that there are exactly three roles in this game that are Informed. You may talk to your partners in [PT link] at any time, and you may also talk and vote during Day phases.

You win when either mafia control half the vote during a Day phase or when all townies are dead, or nothing can prevent one of these scenarios from happening.

Please confirm by telling me what the bolded red text says, or by posting in your mafia PT.
scum PT wrote:Welcome, inf wather and inf goon, to your lair! This thread will be open to talk and submit actions at any time.
Spoiler: ifn whatcher's s PM
Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Mafia Informed 1-shot Watcher.
Once, at night, you may visit another player to learn who, if anyone, visited them with a night action. You are informed that there exists a Neapolitan among the town who does not have restrictions as to which nights they may act. You may talk to your partners in [PT link] at any time, and you may also talk and vote during Day phases.

Spoiler: ingformed goon's PM
Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Mafia Informed Goon
. You are informed that there are exactly three roles in this game that are Informed. You may talk to your partners in [PT link] at any time, and you may also talk and vote during Day phases.

either of you may perform the kill, but [watcher] may not perform the kill and use [their] secondary action simultaneously.
neep results wrote:[player name] is not a vanilla townie.
[player name] is a vanilla townie.
You have received no result.
tracker results wrote:[player name] visited [player name] last night.
[player name] did not act last night.
watcher results wrote:[player names] visited [player name] last night.
Nobody visited [player name] last night.
  • What's Wrong With Having A Little Fun With Informed In A Normal Design ;
    ]

• neapolitan has a n0, shouldnt be hard to soft it (e.g. open with "i have an n0 on [person]"). informed goon can make a claim that looks like a neap miller i guess, also it's kinda funney. it's like a more confusing wording of "there's an informed townie." i used to have the informed watcher know the neap was informed but i thought that might be problematic
  • informed watcher has a pretty obvious task ahead of them. can accidentally find tracker or bodyguard (probably the former is more likely?????????) but tracker is a fine kill. i would make bodyguard a ninja but i value blacklisting the role more
Last edited by implosion on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:10 am

Post by implosion »

Primary: callforjudgement
Secondary: Performer
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:04 am

Post by implosion »

"not sure if i have time to review"

proceeds to write an essay

To note a couple of the rules issues:
I assume your "please PM me if you plan to replace out" rule is there for a reason (some previous incident?), but predict that players will likely ignore it anyway (you'll likely still get "@Mod: replace me out" in-thread because players rarely ever read the rules).
I don't know schadd_'s take on this but I see that kind of rule as mitigating and ultimately unenforceable, but still not useless. I wish there were a better solution to the issue (the issue being in general that people will often give away a *lot* of useful information in replace-out posts, when they really shouldn't be since they're leaving the game and no longer have a win condition etc).
"Nobody will be a cop, a psychologist, a ninja, or a traitor" is not a Normal rule (and is another reason the game would make a better Theme, because if you're looking to hand out more Informed modifiers, that's an obvious thing to put in them…).
I've allowed this in the past; the way I see it is that open setups are allowed, so it's natural for semi-open setups to be allowed, so it's natural for public restrictions on roles that could be in the game to be allowed, since it's basically a much weaker form of openness.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #5 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:06 am

Post by implosion »

It also spawned out of e.g. people advertising setups as singleball or confirmed 10:3 back in the day when multiball setups were allowed in minis.

Note to self: add a blurb on the wiki page that mods are allowed to publicize objective setup info like that.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #12 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:25 am

Post by implosion »

In post 11, schadd_ wrote:Welcome, inf wather and inf goon, to your lair!
this is inaccurate now, right?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #15 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by implosion »

i'm assuming this is formally passed yes?

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”