Mornington Crescent (2011 East ruleset, golden pockets)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

So xyzzy suspected me of being a competitive Mornington Crescent player, so I thought I'd come out and dispel any rumors: I made it to the final round of the June 2009 Championship. If you know my real name you can actually go back and spot it in the 2009 Annals.

Some of you were on the scene back then might remember a then obscure loophole exposed by the old 2006 rules (before the community split up into different conferences). The judges slipped up and allowed the Town Hall variant. That resulted in a set of cards being played against me that had the effect of disallowing me from playing another game until 2030. So while I'd love to join in, unfortunately rules are rules!
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

That being said, as someone who hasn't been in the know for quite a while, it's fascinating to see how much the conventions and strategies have changed. Make a move like Heathrow to Cockfosters in 2009 and you'd have been laughed out of the building.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”