Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 16, Elsa Jay wrote:Clearly in his country, fluff is offensive, but fluffly, I don't understand why the fluff is fluff such a fluffling fluffed up word. It makes zero fluffing sense, ya fluff with me?
Haha no, it's fun doing this.
ofrhz wrote: What didn't you like about the quoted text
Elsa Jay wrote:urge to Smurf around with people,
enemy or ally
Fluff around with me and I'll fluff around with ya.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 53, tictac wrote: Otherwise he's borderline-posting, like avoiding total nullposts, but not giving content either.
Unfair. I posted around 21 hours ago, and much after that was a "Trebor" wagon I had no comment on, and an Overwatch discussion I also had no comment on. The rest of the posts started to appear from ~6 hours ago. I slept for a while and here I am now.

Have you played with people from different time-zones before?
Don't you think this accusation is *way* too early to make?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by Auro »

I think it's natural he didn't mention names in his RVS vote post. Would have been weird if he did, actually.
But he didn't vote for any of the 4 players he knew and greeted, instead voted for a player he didn't know (DVa) - completely randomly, even without a flimsy reason.
I suppose a weak associative here is fine to draw.
His jumping on the Trebor wagon isn't all that interesting - only makes the association weaker IMO. Why would scum!Sash vote for scum!DVa and then hop on to a fakewagon, instead of just voting for a random town initially?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:44 am

Post by Auro »

@Elsa Jay: He's just noting it's a little off that DVa asked the mod; and her defense is completely reasonable. I don't see how saying you and DVa are partners is likelier - a double assumption suspicion vs a mild "I'm looking at you" note.

I don't find tictac's response to being called out about daychat genuine. Something like "Oh, I didn't read the rules" or "There was scumchat in my previous game and I assumed it" might have been more natural. I've read that daychat is common now in any case.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Auro »

In post 79, Clemency wrote:
In post 77, Elsa Jay wrote:Well from your "observation", who's the 3 most likely scum ATM?
whatever answer i could give you would be disingenuous because i don't believe it possible to tell the intentions of people off of this little information
But your answer would be slightly different if you were scum, and this information becomes useful to judge later - whether really made by town on what little information they had, or scum subtly followed an agenda.

Otherwise no one's gonna give any information through votes/FoSes, we get reduced to random lynching and give Mafia a good advantage.

Now, based on the little info we have so far, who are your most likely scum?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:59 am

Post by Auro »

I'm FoSing tictac right now.
I think BEF's FoS at DVa (minus EJ) is NAI. Doesn't seem as off that he didn't point to EJ as well, since I feel it's more from the mod tag.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Auro »

In post 65, DVa wrote:I'm less interested in the associative, more thinking about his scum equity in and of itself.

Basically just thinking of BBmolla's argument from our newbie game that "chummy = scummy"

Not that Sashaddin shouldn't have a sense of humor, just that I feel like he's
trying
to be funny in RVS. Kinda reminds me of how alien was before you replaced him in that last game

Probably not enough for right now. Anyone pinging you atm?
I really don't understand why people seem hate RVS humor. I think makes the game a bit more enjoyable at the stage. "Forced" is something really difficult to judge. Unless very obviously chummy, humor is gonna be NAI at worst for me.

P.S. Loved the joke in . :lol:
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Auro »

So, tictac:
- Fakevotes for Trebor in .
- Switches vote for me in , doesn't cite a reason.
- When asked, says "borderline posting - avoiding total nullposts but not giving content either" in .
- Doesn't respond to my post , where I try to engage him on his complaint.
- Slips mention of a scumchat, and when asked, talks about pregame chat.
- Finally responds on my vote when ofrhz points out the unfairness of it, in .

The lack of direct engagement with his biggest scumread (me), and his over-justified reasoning/replies ping me as scummy.
That he responded when someone else said it was unfair.

VOTE: tictac

I believe tictac is at L-2 now.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by Auro »

@EJ: I've put him at L-2 and clearly stated that, are you referring to N_M's quickhammering? I thought L-2 was safe.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 102, DVa wrote:Aren't solid reads, obviously there's not much to go on here, and I need rain to post to get any read. If Not_Mafia is just going to lolcat through this entire dayphase I'm A-ok with him getting strung up. I see no reason to think he will get easier to sort over time.
In post 107, DVa wrote:In terms of overall enjoyment of the game, does anyone actually want to be dealing with this on day 2?
In post 108, Elsa Jay wrote:Remember that NotMaf has a history of quickhammering as town AND scum so watch your votes, because he could kill you instantly and fuck over town.
So if N_M is scum and town fails to lynch him because it's just the way he plays, we're more likely to self-destruct and carry a ML.
If he's trolling and unreadable, AND quickhammers as both, can someone tell me why this isn't a good policy lynch? I'm just curious. I think this behaviour in D2 would make the game harder to solve.

Pedit: @EJ yeah I checked the latest VC and votes after it -- I do this regardless of having quickhammering players like N_M. :P
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Auro »

I think at least two of the votes (Clemency, ofrhz) on him are random.

@Clemency, ofrhz: Are you scumreading tictac at the moment, or will you move off your vote?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Auro »

And people who don't think Not_Mafia is a good policy lynch for reasons in , why?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:46 pm

Post by Auro »

Well, I suppose his play (minus quickhammering) is then equivalent to a lurker - could get active at a later point, and if not will get lynched eventually anyway.

@DVa: I haven't gone through his games yet but others seem to say that his play this game is like both his town and scum play. Isolated for this game, it appears the least town, but meta considered it's null. Policy being "He trolls in D1/2 and quickhammers which could screw town, therefore let's lynch early".

I think it's best then to hunt elsewhere for now - same reasoning I use with lurkers.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by Auro »

Yes, but I suppose there's a difference between a noisy lurker trying to look town, and a truly noisy lurker - latter being closer to a non-posting lurker.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:14 pm

Post by Auro »

While I see where you're getting at, DVa, two questions:

1. Do you think passive lurkers (impossible to read) should be policy lynched?
2. What's more important here - Overall enjoyability of the game, or maximizing town's winning chances?

I don't find Not_Mafia's behaviour fun at all, and would hate to encourage that.
EJ isn't excusing his behaviour/defending him on meta. She's simply saying that his meta indicates we should treat his behaviour as null, and maximize our chances of hitting scum.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 171, DVa wrote:Yeah except there's no reason to think that
A) you aren't scum with him or that
b) you aren't scum white knighting him
Regardless of Almost50's alignment, his assertion that Not_Mafia isn't a good lynch option can hold independently.

The policy non-lynch on Not_Mafia isn't based on Almost50's personal ability to read him, rather that it's worse to lynch Not_Mafia compared to a lurker because town!Not_Mafia surviving (to a point where he begins to actually play) is very beneficial to town.

Unless the premise (town!Not_Mafia is a great asset to town) is wrong, his reasoning is correct.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 176, DVa wrote:I don't want to say more and am probably going to just replaceout because I don't want to out my main
Please don't. I really think these arguments needn't be too aggressive. Almost50 making claims and assertions doesn't mean town will eat them up and blindly follow. You've dissented with his claim on town!Not_Mafia's reads and his ability to read Not_Mafia, and that's useful.

Hostile interactions make this unpleasant for everybody.

@Almost50: There are at least 3 players you don't know in this playlist - that's Almost 50% of players who aren't you or Not_Mafia. It's fair to ask you for *proof* of Not_Mafia's excellent townplay, and your ability to read him in terms of numbers and not instances.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (isolation #18) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 173, Almost50 wrote:Hell, if I was confirmed scum I still wouldn't be lynched on D1 by this player list. They will prefer to keep me alive for one more day to try and deduce who may partners are via my behavior, voting pattern and the choice of the NK.
Lol, can't this theory be applied to anyone? I mean if others are *less* skilled at manipulating their behaviour and vote patterns, it's even *more* useful to keep them alive for one more day.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:12 pm

Post by Auro »

@Tictac: A50 "policy"? You mean lynch A50 for defending Not_Mafia?

I think Not_Mafia could be left as a compromise lynch rather than policy, as Elsa Jay also points out. Don't you agree?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:28 pm

Post by Auro »

@tictac: But there's a lot of content right now from A50 to work off of. I don't see the similarity, please clarify on that. I take it you've played with them before.

I'm heavily leaning towards DVa being town from the above interaction. I can't really see solid scum motivation from her - DVa seemed ready to change her vote if Not_Mafia actually began to contribute, which favors town.

@A50: What was your motivation in trying to lead DVa into a 1v1? To make you two the leading wagons? Did you want to prove some point, like your claim that town would never lynch you D1? Anti-town in any case.

@tictac, again: So you don't see this as a TvT argument? If you can, help outline the scum motivation behind A50's arguments. If NotMaf, you're essentially policy lynching a lurker and are disinterested in searching for scum elsewhere.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:29 pm

Post by Auro »

UNVOTE: tictac

Moving him back to L-2.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:34 pm

Post by Auro »

So you're asserting that both Not_Mafia and A50 being together, even if town, mean the game doesn't have any meaning. Reasoning being it's not his defending Not_Mafia, rather their "trolling" playstyle?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:03 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 212, tictac wrote:
In post 209, Auro wrote:scum motivation behind A50's arguments.
What part of "policy" don't ya get?
Hence the "if you can, help".

Fine, it's policy for you, and you don't want to analyze their interaction in this game. Okay.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:33 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 215, Almost50 wrote:N_M is already on the wagon = No quick hammers. You should've left him @L-1 for me to state intent and demand a claim. tictac has just finished a game with me and he knows well this is my playstyle. For better or worse he should've deduced this is NAI at worst.
I thought you might ITH him, and hence was quick to unvote.
He's stated it's policy and nothing off your play in the game currently.
I don't think I want a claim/hammer on him at the moment. I'll take my time to use my vote.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:01 am

Post by Auro »

In post 209, Auro wrote:@A50: What was your motivation in trying to lead DVa into a 1v1? To make you two the leading wagons? Did you want to prove some point, like your claim that town would never lynch you D1
Would still like an answer to this.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:25 am

Post by Auro »

@Not_Mafia: I will if DVa will!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:11 am

Post by Auro »

That's sheep.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:23 am

Post by Auro »

Tac already said he's not interested in lynching anyone outside A50/Not_Mafia. And that too, not because they're his top scumreads, just policy alone. I really wish we all agreed on a course of action there, and moved past that.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:14 am

Post by Auro »

Right now the two wagons seem to be Not_Mafia and tictac. One's effectively a policy lynch, and the other (tictac) has two random votes, is weakly scumread by a few of us, and is A50/Not_Mafia's lynch target.

Ideal course of action IMO is to keep Not_Mafia as a compromise lynch, continue discussions - find out what A50/tictac/Not_Mafia think outside of that exchange, for starters.

I know I scumread tictac earlier, and still do - but I'm not okay with him possibly being hammered by A50. I find it hard to judge if the A50/Not_Mafia versus DVa/tictac argument is emotionally driven or if there are scum motivations. The info we have right now isn't easy to work off of either. If tictac/DVa's claims that A50/Not_Mafia surviving can derail town co-ordination and mess it up are true, then Not_Mafia is a better choice.

I'd love to hear opinions from other players on this as well. I found DVa more genuine in the exchange - hard to imagine her getting angry and threatening to replace out as scum motivated, so I'm townreading her for now. If it comes down to tictac and Not_Mafia, I'd choose the latter.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Auro »

I was her scum partner in a newbie game which just ended a few days ago, and I felt her "emotion" there was nowhere close to the kind here.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Auro »

Are you scumreading tictac? Do you think he's the best lynch candidate today, so far?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:18 am

Post by Auro »

In post 237, ofrhz wrote:I feel like this is slightly towny for N_M tbh
How? The attack at DVa, or his tictac vote? O.o
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:53 am

Post by Auro »

@ofrhz, I see you've modded a recent game where scum!NotMafia and town!A50 were lynched and killed in D1, N1.

I'm reading the game right now, but any thoughts you've to offer on the argument?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:58 am

Post by Auro »

Auro wrote:@ofrhz, I see you've modded a recent game where scum!NotMafia and town!A50 were lynched and killed in D1, N1.

I'm reading the game right now, but any thoughts you've to offer on the argument?
Nevermind, I guess he replaced into it and got lynched very soon after so it doesn't count.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:24 am

Post by Auro »

In post 251, Almost50 wrote:he wants not one, but TWO policy lynches
Does he? I just read through his ISO and he says this:
In post 207, tictac wrote:Both of these player in a game means day1 has to be a policy 4 the game to have any meaning.
Where did he say he wanted *two* PLs? As far as I can see, he doesn't want both in the game, and hence a D1 PL on one of them.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:37 am

Post by Auro »

In post 255, Almost50 wrote:But I hope you did notice I SR the slot (and explicitly said it was scum) while also stating I won't vote N_M, but the town can do it w/o me. Right?
I did. I tried to quote it into here, but wasn't able to. I didn't doubt that you were lying about policy not-lynching anyway, tho - hence my lack of a scumread on you for it.

Pedit: @ofrhz, crap, hadn't noticed. Okay.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:56 am

Post by Auro »

In post 260, Almost50 wrote:If he doesn't want TWO players in the game, he can replace out. Isn't that an easier course of action if he really disliked playing with us "both"?
What's odd to me is that he said he would've anyway, except DVa argued against this and that's keeping him. I can see scum motivation in sheeping DVa to an extent of "I would've already gone; if she goes I go" and advocating for a policy lynch while carrying a lack of interest to scumhunt anywhere else. If Not_Mafia is ML'd, we can't really go deep into his justification for voting.

What was Not_Mafia's major towntell to you?

I saw the thread was locked and hence assumed it was finished, sorry >_< I'll be a lot more careful next time.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by Auro »

What's pinging me greatest about Clemency is his lack of interest in pushing the game forward and solving it.

In he says there's too little information to make any reads, and when pushed offers some thoughts in .
These 'talking points' don't really give an insight into who he's town/scumreading, except for DVa ("the whole scumchat thing's already been said multiple times"). I'm curious how he was reading DVa off this but null-reads tictac.

Now in , he expresses doubt over his tictac vote because of the null-read, but is unsure about moving his vote to a slot he scumreads ("or actually idk there's nothing bad about early pressure"). He offers no real opinions on the DVa|A50|tictac exchange through all this.

I don't find this particularly consistent, and the lack of effort here seems scummy.

This might be stretching it, but doesn't feel very natural given it's the second time A50 said he doesn't know Clemency or me. ATM I feel {Clemency, A50} could be a potential scumpair.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by Auro »

@Sash: Check my posts , and .

Thoughts?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by Auro »

I don't have the time to read up on the others ISOs properly, will do it when I find time.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by Auro »

You were relatively scumreading DVa the most in 93, right?
And maintained a null-read on tictac after the exchange. A few questions:

1. Why would you maintain your vote on a slot you null-read as opposed to a slot you scumread? "Idk pressure is good" so you'd simply wagon on to any highly voted slot in spite of stronger scumreads on others? O.o
2. In 93 you echoed that DVa seemed scummy from her reaction to scumchat. Did tictac's part in that come off as null to you?
3. Do you think there's enough information now to develop better reads? I'm interested to hear them, if so.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by Auro »

EBWOP: My post above was directed to Clemency, forgot to mention.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (isolation #43) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:36 pm

Post by Auro »

Sorry I'm asking too many questions, but yeah, new to this player list and I'd like to get a good feel of everyone's thoughts.

@DVa: You said you liked Clemency's posts - which ones to be exact, and why? Also you were mildly scumreading Sash for the tonal difference, would you find him a better lynch than BEF? Or is it the lurkiness that makes you unopposed to compro-lynching him?

@Elsa: I see you townread me enough to not consider me in your gamesolving list - what exactly did I do that appeared towny to you?

If I haven't before, I'll just put it out now that I agree with DVa in that metagaming spoils the game - but A50's policy no-lynch is fine IMO since it's only on D1. He couldn't answer on the Not_Mafia towntell so I'll not consider that, and I dunno what to make of his leading DVa into a 1v1 either.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (isolation #44) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:07 am

Post by Auro »

Strongest reads and reasoning, if you will.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (isolation #45) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:30 am

Post by Auro »

In post 321, DVa wrote:Auro -- know he's pretty competent scum; if anything I would have expected him to start powerscumming more by now if he was scum so his 'huh, how do I figure this out' disposition here seems townie for the moment.
On a side note, I did comment that my aggressive pushes were bad and could work against me, and that I should've refrained from trying to reason my tunneling/pushing too hard esp while being townread that strong.

Weirdly, I'm reciprocating the feel - your style here feels so different from that game!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (isolation #46) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:39 am

Post by Auro »

@Mod: tictac moved his vote to Not_Mafia.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:34 am

Post by Auro »

In post 336, Almost50 wrote:Oh, one of the points against Auro is the unvote, but maybe it's because I wanted that claim that I feel disappointed in Auro?
Disappointed? I'll explain this a bit more.

I have no clue about your alignment. Tictac had 2 random votes + Not_Mafia's vote at that time. This means that there were only two who voted tictac because of a
scumread
on him at the time. I'd much rather town consensus force a claim out of a player over two rather weak scumreads and your desire for it (scumread or not).

Also, there was so little content to really develop useful reads on the rest of the players. Even though he was my 'top scumread' at the time, rushing a claim was something I wasn't comfortable with, especially right after that exchange.

The tictac slot is *now* vacant, yeah, I'll wait for the replacement to post before potentially casting my vote there again.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (isolation #48) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:43 am

Post by Auro »

In fact, I actually think there's higher scum motivation (unless scum with tictac) in letting the ITH + Claim happen on tictac at that stage. If you were impartial to your own agenda at that time, wouldn't you agree?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (isolation #49) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:20 am

Post by Auro »

Wait, I meant higher scum motivation in keeping a vote on tictac versus unvoting at the time, I meant. Not that you wouldn't at all have town motivation in getting him to claim.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (isolation #50) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:34 am

Post by Auro »

In post 342, Almost50 wrote:Didi it ever occur to you that I might be a lie-detector and and explicit claim is exactly what I would have wanted to verify?? Would you call that a scum-motivated thought?

I could come up with dozens of other motives. How about forcing a suspect to commit to a claim early on before they had a chance to gather more info about the setup? Is forcing "potential" scum to commit to a fake claim in a rash a scum-driven motive?
Anyway, the problem I have with this is, again, that he's potentially very scum to
you
. Weakly scum for a couple of people. (At that time)
So you could argue this for any slot you individually scumread, yes?

I don't think that's really
individually
alignment indicative per se.
To a third party who doesn't strong scumread tictac, though, I think it's reasonable to let this happen when town consensus scumreads tictac enough (instead of a single external scumread), given the time we have.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (isolation #51) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Auro »

@A50: Then that makes my conclusion stronger. My argument here's against you noting my unvote as maybe anti-town.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (isolation #52) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Auro »

@Sash: What about Carmen's posts appear towny to you? I'm not quite seeing it.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (isolation #53) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by Auro »

@Carmen:
I share none of your townreads. Null on BEF.
Saying 'obvtown' things like "There's too little information so I can't offer anything" pings you as +town, and looking through a player's meta as locktown.
I've been looking at player histories as well, how come that doesn't give me town points? :p
I'm assuming most players are decently competent as scum, and I've read metas in my last scum game. *Shrug* Definitely wouldn't haste to locktown someone doing that.

Your posts so far haven't changed my scumread of your slot.
Intent to L-1
. I'll give you some time to get your personal interactions.
How come Elsa is your biggest scumread?

On a side note, I'm weakly scumreading Sash right now. I'll give reasoning on this later.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (isolation #54) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:23 pm

Post by Auro »

I know I said I'd vote Not_Mafia over tictac's slot earlier, but I think Not_Mafia's started to make contributions and I trust A50's townread on him for now.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (isolation #55) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 369, Sashaddin wrote:I had him null until I asked and Clem answered.
And you sorted him town after? Where's this Clem answer?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (isolation #56) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by Auro »

Right. In that case it must have been a scumread after #329.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (isolation #57) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by Auro »

I'm talking about your read on tictac's slot. You said you had him null till Clem answered. Which post are you referring to? 329? And how did that change your read on tictac?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (isolation #58) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:05 pm

Post by Auro »

DVa, any reasons BEF should be today's lynch over Carmen? She's my top scumread, and there's also something else I'll point out later.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (isolation #59) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:11 pm

Post by Auro »

I agree. Something fresh in a dull game.

VOTE: BrightEyedFish
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (isolation #60) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:36 am

Post by Auro »

BEF is at
L-1
now.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (isolation #61) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:30 am

Post by Auro »

You were serious about {Clem, EJ} being a scum team :o

Is it just from them being two consecutive votes on your wagon?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (isolation #62) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:38 am

Post by Auro »

@BEF: Any detailed reasoning? I'm not sharing that view.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (isolation #63) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:20 am

Post by Auro »

Facts apart from 'standard scum response'?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (isolation #64) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:21 am

Post by Auro »

Woah. A lot to process in the while I've been gone. I'll read up in a bit.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (isolation #65) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:32 am

Post by Auro »

Any crumbs on either side?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (isolation #66) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:38 am

Post by Auro »

In post 511, Elsa Jay wrote:but then this fucker came along with this
Side note, is it really necessary to be rude/unpleasant to people like this? If he's scum, he's playing his one after all. Why ding him like that?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (isolation #67) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Auro »

I'm still kinda busy, I'm barely following posts - I'll post in a bit, sorry, don't hammer plz.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (isolation #68) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:18 am

Post by Auro »

@BEF: Since it seems likely ATM that you'll be lynched, you might as well give your thoughts on clem right now.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (isolation #69) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:46 am

Post by Auro »

@EJ: When you spoke about 'informed' earlier, you meant mafia being informed of someone's role in mod mail? Or he's informed vanilla town and because of that your PR is a give away, so that pisses you off?

@BEF: You sure scum would want to directly wagon on right after one another? I felt it was NAI, the wagoning.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (isolation #70) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:34 am

Post by Auro »

Loads to process, but a couple thoughts.
In post 477, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 476, Elsa Jay wrote:THEN WHY DO YOU ASSUME THERE IS A DOCTOR AS A FUCKING DAYCOP.

Think of Balance, bro. A Daycop WITHOUT macho and you think there's a Doc in a 10p?

All I know is that you are anti-town.
*This* looks the most flail-y. BEF seems experienced enough to know a non masochist Daycop would imply no doctor, right? Sounds like the sorta thing you'd say when flailing.

Also disturbing is how he treats Clem and EJ as
equal
scumreads and later goes on to say he's 100% on EJ. Also, says 'gut' for Clem but
then
tries to make a case.

Although:

EJ responded very fast after I asked about crumbs, but I don't see why she'd crumb/claim VC over Daycop. She says "Was originally gonna claim Vanilla Cop, but then this Smurfer came along with this.", @EJ could you explain that again? I don't really follow , I'll try to make sense of it.

Also So you saw the slot needing a replacement, checked, then got A50 into it. Interesting that that was your best use of a day cop in D1. You trust A50's reads *that* much?

Also why claim when votes weren't shifting to you, and he might have been lynched anyway?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (isolation #71) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Auro »

In post 584, Almost50 wrote:
In post 463, Clemency wrote:best part is you didn't even need to try this half-baked attempt at a defense because the point of the wagon wasn't to get you lynched, it was to get you to talk
we've got what, like 9 days left?
"You ruined us. I was just going with the town and anything you said would have given me the chance to hop off the wagon. Anything but this nonsense!"
Why wouldn't he say this in the scum PT tho? Saying it in the main thread doesn't seem helpful to him at all..
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (isolation #72) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Auro »

In post 566, Almost50 wrote:
In post 425, Clemency wrote:are you trying to get hammered?
In post 426, BrightEyedFish wrote:Hammer me and we go down 0-2 instead of 1-1
OK, so since I'm -obviously- drawing a link between the two, I'd say this is SvS which translates:
- Are you trying to get yourself lynched?
- No. I'm trying to establish a connection between you and EJ, so if I get lynched you are safe and if you get lynched EJ follows (1v1), but if you are the one hammering me then it's likely it will backfire and you will follow (0-2).
Really can't see this as a TvT exchange, this alone is enough to keep my vote on BEF.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1175 (isolation #73) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by Auro »

Loved this game. Thanks all for making it as entertaining as it was.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1178 (isolation #74) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Auro »

D1 NK'd, my last state of mind in the game was "confused". :p wondering how it would've played out with the vig alive, interesting setup.

Is it generally a good idea to take NotMaf to MyLo or LyLo? Almost feels like the moment you do, vote becomes 50-50 for a confirmed town. Feels to me like Maf would have better chances pushing a ML with more readable players and fake cases.

Optimal play with a random lolposter on either side involves lynching/killing them off before LyLo, change my mind.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (isolation #75) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Auro »

One more note: I'm a newb so this might be oversimplified, but Elsa Jay's defenses largely tended to take the form "Said [weird thing] randomly, did [very weird thing] because I felt like it, I do batshit crazy things as either alignment haha". Thing is, it's easy to mask scummy play within the above excuse. Players who know EJ does this often give him a free pass. (A50! :P)

Either optimal play in dealing with EJ is evaluating the benefit of each antic he executed - this would backfire if he pulls off a seemingly anti-town gambit as town.

Or treat him like Not_Maf. :P
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1188 (isolation #76) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:22 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1124, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1120, Elsa Jay wrote:So I hypoclaimed a role that I picked for shits and giggles for a role I just thought only found mafia and vigilantes.
Please treat this game with the seriousness it deserves
Favorite post of the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”