Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by Princess Celestia »

You all sure do post a lot on this board! I have been ill today with a fever, so I have not been able to keep up with the rapid pace of posting! I'm unfamiliar with the right ways to play this dance game so I will go with the majority plan
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1036 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:40 am

I am around today! My illness over the weekend really took me out of it. :(
Can someone tell me what the current plan is?
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1037 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:16 am

Page 18
ChibiBear makes excuses for something that hasn’t happened yet! Maybe a guilty conscious.

Page 19
A lot of people discussing games that happened before! Seems interesting for those of you who got to play but for me I can’t get much out of it.
Page 20
I like Brian Skies and his questioning of Dunnstral here. I think he is town for this. Also, just had a thought and not sure where else to put this, should we pair RadiantCowbells with someone who is a big question mark player? I think this would mean mafia have to debate whether to leave RC alive or waste a shot on a player that might be able to be lynched later?
Page 21
Not a whole lot to comment on this page.
Page 22
MariaR sounds like she is upset at being called mafia and to me the argument she’s making doesn’t make any sense. Of course we should be skeptical of people who are known for being good liars! MariaR is defensive about this and it makes me think she is actually mafia for being so defensive.
Page 23
Dunnstral, I am not sure what you mean by “Princess Celestia, if they’re scum we’ll probably find out later anyway”. What does this mean? How would you find out later if I was mafia? Do you mean because I am new and not good at hiding?
Page 24
Wow, Sakura Hana threatens to suicide. It seems like a big overreaction. I did not think what anyone said was so bad to cause this reaction =( Is it an act? Is it real? I am keeping my eyes on Sakura Hana for this.
Page 25
I am really not interested in the temper tantrum here and back and forth between these two. I know RadiantCowbells is town so I am not so sure what the point of Sakura getting into a large argument with RC is. I still say, though, I do think Sakura Hana is maybe just an immature person who overreacted because it seems to be emotional responses to RC.
Page 26
MariaR getting involved here is not good and she is attacking our confirmed town RadiantCowbells. Whereas Sakura Hana’s emotional and upset response seems due to maturity levels, I believe MariaR’s responses are from more mafia places because there is no emotion and no motivation for MariaR to get involved with an argument against our town leader.
Page 27-28
Not much except this plan for 4 pairs and I do not understand much but I will follow because smarter people know this set up clearly!
Page 29
I start to worry with so many people calling people “locked” town that someone here has to be wrong but everyone is speaking with such confidence and authority that it is hard to tell who is overestimating their abilities :\ I do not want to follow any “locked” reads I would like everyone to have open reads and think that they could be changed or maybe aren’t 100% correct when the game hasn’t even begun
Page 30
So basically we are all going to let RC and Lady figure out the whole game plan? What if Lady is a mafia? It seems dangerous to put power in the hands of so few people.
Page 31-32
I believe this is the first time I remember reading a post by Moment O.O I did skim a lot but perhaps first big moment of recognizing them as a player. I find the reads presented by Moment to be slightly head-scratching. Dunnstral/Cakez/Karmeleon/shotaru are all people I either lean mafia on or have had a very hard time to read and so I find it interesting those four are in Moment’s town group. I am not sure the reasons for these reads as it doesn’t seem that Moment actually explains them at all.
Page 33-34
Nothing to read on this page here.
Page 35
I do not understand why Mala is frustrated because it doesn’t seem like a lot has been thrown her way. She called herself “ragey” and it doesn’t really seem genuine, it seems like someone saying “I am upset” but being unable to authentically feel upset by something.
Page 36
I am probably very biased but when someone puts me as null I think “That is reasonable” because of my activities level. But when MariaR puts me as scum and someone to leave out entirely it makes me think of mafia looking for an easy target that they know will not cause problems to push.
Page 37
Nothing to comment on here.
Page 38
Firebringer also picked up on Mala’s annoyance levels being faked and that makes me think he is coming from a similar place as my head is at right now. Also did SirCakez do something in the first 18 pages besides stop in to complain about page totals? I don’t recall seeing him do anything else in this journey.
Page 39
Now content is good! I very much dislike Lady’s planned pairs of Lady+Dunnstral and MariaR+Cakez. To me that gives us very high chance of mafia in those pairs considering my current reads and I think for everyone to be passing up so much power to someone like Lady when she is suggesting such pairs… it is dangerous, and I do not like it one bit.
Page 40-41-42
I think now I am getting antsy to just post my catching up post and am having trouble mentally focusing with a lot of stuff. So I will just post this now and go from here and see if anything is worth catching up on after I post this.
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1043 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:55 am

I believe the most likely scum are Dunnstral, MariaR, and Malakittens.

I believe the most clearly town are Sakura, Firebringer, and Brian Skies.
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1494 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:36 am

In post 1044, Malakittens wrote:Explain the scum read on me.

Please don’t say tone.
Overreactions and victim complex.
In post 1045, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1037, Princess Celestia wrote: Dunnstral/Cakez/Karmeleon/shotaru are all people I either lean mafia on or have had a very hard time to read and so I find it interesting those four are in Moment’s town group. I am not sure the reasons for these reads as it doesn’t seem that Moment actually explains them at all.
Princess Celestia wrote:I believe the most likely scum are Dunnstral, MariaR, and Malakittens.

I believe the most clearly town are Sakura, Firebringer, and Brian Skies.
Why did your read on Shortaru change?
Where did I say it changed? I said that group contained people I either leaned mafia on
or
had a very hard time to read. Shortaru is a person who I cannot read because he is hard to read so I left him there. I am confused. Did you not read my post?
In post 1055, DVa wrote:
In post 1037, Princess Celestia wrote:Page 26
MariaR getting involved here is not good and she is attacking our confirmed town RadiantCowbells. Whereas Sakura Hana’s emotional and upset response seems due to maturity levels, I believe MariaR’s responses are from more mafia places because there is no emotion and no motivation for MariaR to get involved with an argument against our town leader.
Page 27-28
Not much except this plan for 4 pairs and I do not understand much but I will follow because smarter people know this set up clearly!
Page 29
I start to worry with so many people calling people “locked” town that someone here has to be wrong but everyone is speaking with such confidence and authority that it is hard to tell who is overestimating their abilities :\ I do not want to follow any “locked” reads I would like everyone to have open reads and think that they could be changed or maybe aren’t 100% correct when the game hasn’t even begun
So Celestia I'm curious about this section of your catchup post. First, Maria is a very capable player and I'm not townreading her atm, so I don't feel I'm biased against your position. But I also am curious about your reasoning here. First you say that Maria is "attacking our confirmed town RC" -- but I don't get this impression from what she's saying on page 26. Can you be specific or quote the posts you felt were unfair criticisms?

Second, you later on page 29 say that you're concerned about players being locked as town. But in this moment you are *specifically* objecting to Maria being 100% locktown and directly responding to LLD's right? Or do you also disagree with RC's "locktown" reads of me, Sakura, or (not-so-locked?) shortaru?

Celestia, out of the men, who do you have as your strongest townread? Is your scumread of Maria strong enough you would say she should not be paired and excluded from the dance, or do you have another female scumread that is on par with Maria?
I suppose attacking is a bad word to use it was just argument with our confirmed town player that felt bad. It felt very wrong to be spending all that energy debating RC instead of hunting for the scum, especially when there was already debate and noise between RC & Sakura.

I am wary of all locktown reads that do not come from a sherrif's result giving actual confirmation. Lock town to me sounds like arrogance, that is my problem with it.
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1495 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:42 am

A lot of people seem really angry.
I still town read Brian Skies and he offered so

Brian Skies would you like to trot with me?
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1496 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:43 am

nooo brian abandoned me!
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1497 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:45 am

For the gentleponies, Brian is taken... Dunnstral is mafia... RC is taken... and I have very little read on any person that is a gentlemen. The person I woul consider is Kokichi out of that group otherwise please let me just die then because this game is not very fun. A lot of people are angry and shouting. Everyone is arrogant and thinks they are right with little room for making mistakes and everyone just insults everyone else. It's a very mean place
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1553 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:10 pm

In post 1498, Kokichi Oma wrote:Pony if you ask I'll accept
dance with me, kokichi-kun!
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1554 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:15 pm

Chibi is sooooooooooooooooooooo scummy!
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1850 (isolation #11) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:05 am

sorry! I am here. weekends are very bad for me.

I am glad to see we have a dead mafia! That is good news
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1851 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:06 am

I have to admit something in my belly is telling me that Kokichi is a mafia and that I should leave the dance...
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1890 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:42 am

VOTE: DunnriaR
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2022 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:30 pm

I will be here to talk more tomorrow
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2036 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:06 am

In post 2027, ChibiBear wrote:What makes you think Princess is town? I'm not seeing it, she's null at absolute best for me.

@Princess: Have you played mafia before joining MS? Someone's probably already asked this but if they have, I haven't been able to find it.
I have played games on another internet forum that I am part of and maybe few times with friends. But it is very different here!
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2037 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:10 am

In post 1906, MariaR wrote:I think fire is scum if there's scum in gamma/fire btw.
Princess is obv scum to me and I'm losing my bri tr but I'll get into that after league
Why am I obviously scum to you?? I have not seen you yet mention this anywhere else
In post 1916, SirCakez wrote:HURT: kokichi/celestia[/vote]
is my first instinct, I don't TR either and both have been non-presences all game. Seems like likely scum place to be.
Gamma/Fire can go too.

I was reading Moment scum b/c all of their posts seemed really fake and trying to look like a proto-typical townie. I guess it's just how they post in general. @whoever asked
In post 1856, DVa wrote:Yeah it's more Cakez I was thinking has decent equity. As I said I think highest scum equity is in Gamma/Firebringer, so if we're outside of that we're kinda looking for a needle in a haystack. If scumteam is Cakez/{Gamma/FB}/LLD then Cakez might have kinda stopped caring about this game so while he might be busy he maybe is also not really trying because of that.
17 hours of work between today and yesterday hurt
But I'm here now!
In post 1878, shortaru wrote:I didn't like , , , & .

I'm still down for supporting Radiant's & DVa's pushes when they differ from mine, just giving my take.
Where was this dislike pre-dance? Seems very sudden which really irks me.
RadiantCowbells wrote:why would you not be
I haven't posted in ~36 hours
i find interesting that you say being not active means we are mafia. but Lady was active! She talked a lot of the time and was trying to gain control of everything by talking so much.
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2038 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:16 am

On my rereading...
Chibibear, you say you have gone over Lady's posts and think it is me or Kokichi? What about Lady's posts says that? It seems too easy to just claim you have done something and have a reason when not saying the reason.
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2052 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:53 pm

In post 2050, ChibiBear wrote:
In post 2038, Princess Celestia wrote:On my rereading...
Chibibear, you say you have gone over Lady's posts and think it is me or Kokichi? What about Lady's posts says that? It seems too easy to just claim you have done something and have a reason when not saying the reason.
No offence but that's a little ironic coming from you. You say I'm soooooo scummy and then never explain why. It seems too easy to just say something and not say the reason. If you really think I'm scummy then shouldn't you make a case? Right now I have a pretty good chance of making it to endgame, are you just going to let that happen if you really think I could be scum?

Since everyone else was looking for possible scum interactions in LLD's posts I also wanted to try my hand at it. Having gone back and read it, I feel that the way she talked to/about Kokichi could possibly be s+s because of stuff like the way she advocates for him to be in the top pairings but not in a sort of passive way. I believe that I had Kokichi as lean town in the early game but my read of him has gotten less and less town over time. I figure that even based on statistics alone, I can't be wrong on
all
of my reads.
I am apologizing, because I did say why, perhaps reading is as hard for you as being very active is difficult for a person like who I am

I will help
In post 1037, Princess Celestia wrote:Page 18
ChibiBear makes excuses for something that hasn’t happened yet! Maybe a guilty conscious.
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2238 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:44 pm

In post 2066, ChibiBear wrote:
In post 2052, Princess Celestia wrote: I am apologizing, because I did say why, perhaps reading is as hard for you as being very active is difficult for a person like who I am

I will help
In post 1037, Princess Celestia wrote:Page 18
I seriously cannot be bothered to go back and find the exact post but my comment regarding my lack of experience was entirely relevant because earlier Short had been questioned regarding his similarly recently join date. (Which is now hilarious in hindsight.) I didn't bother responding to your comment when I read it the first time around because your conclusion was bad and didn't deserve a response.

Also the fact that you're seriously using that tiny comment as a reason to find me scummy in an 80+ page game and apparently nothing else isn't doing you any favours. So why don't you get off your high horse (lol) so we can actually have a productive conversation instead of being passive aggressive towards each other, 'kay?
Yes, I do believe that tiny things that ping people that develop into big things are how people play this game. I will not sit on here and apologize for it. Something about you made me think you are mafia. I mention it. And then I mention my read on you on the later in the game, and then you post OMG WHY THE READ? Well, the read is because I already stated you were giving me negative viberations.

But it must be so simple to say "I did not agree so therefore I said nothing"! How wonderful to have that freedom!
Unfortunately, when I am able to post in this game, I must post things that contain real substance, so I cannot simply off of empty words.
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2239 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:47 pm

In post 2135, DVa wrote:@Nancy, since you wanted explanations, here's where I am rn:

Townie
Kokichi Oma -- I've read Kokichi's town games, and this looks like his town game

Dunnstral -- I didn't correctly sort him in BoR and don't have confidence in my read. RC insists he's town; I thought opening with a reads list was unusual. At this point there's other people that are scummier. (Very much wish I'd pushed back on RC flipping his read on Dunn and danced here instead at this point)

Brian Skies -- Most of my read here was based on
In post 254, Brian Skies wrote:Is it too early to volunteer as tribute?
which struck me as a ballsy gambit if scum

he could be townier tho

ChibiBear -- Fine with this being newgreen until I see a Gamma flip, at which point I go back to:
In post 563, ChibiBear wrote:Gamma - Feels like he's posted a fair but but hasn't said much, definitely keeping an eye on him.
which did not, at the time, strike me as a genuine reaction to Gamma's slot based on what had been posted until that point

Malakittens -- There's been so little new content here for a while that I'm worried game will stall with her alive forever, and she's with Cakez who seems scummy. 'acceptable losses for a cakez flip'? that's kinda cold but kinda how I see it

Princess Celestia --
In post 1037, Princess Celestia wrote:MariaR getting involved here is not good and she is attacking our confirmed town RadiantCowbells
While I don't townread Maria, I thought this particular attack on Maria was kinda weird at the time--I can see the POV a bit more now

Firebringer -- I don't know how to sort this slot even after having glanced through two of his other games. A little concerned since my last "poe null-->town" ended up flipping scum tho

MariaR --
In post 286, MariaR wrote:So I believe fire when he says he forgot how many scum were in this game.
Maria hates me for coming back to this again but this post pinged me really hard. We've talked about this post so I wouldn't bring it up except it's still on my mind
In post 1981, MariaR wrote:I don't think your reads will have more influence in your death as you think they will. Will some people respect them and maybe use them for reasoning to some extent? Sure scum will if scum is in that pairing and town might too.
Frankly I just don't know *what* Maria was trying to accomplish with this post and so it bothers me

SirCakez --
In post 349, SirCakez wrote:LLD's sort of taking command looked town to me. I don't think she takes that tone as scum from my (admitedly vague) meta recollections.
didn't like this then, don't like it now

also never liked his suspicions of Karmeleon

Gamma Emerald --
didn't like him going after Karmeleon here
In post 118, Gamma Emerald wrote:This doesn’t feel right to me. He seems to be trying to subvert the argument.
shortaru --
In post 272, shortaru wrote:RadiantCowbells - duh
Gamma Emerald - I think town?
Dunnstral - scummy
Karmeleon - scummy

MariaR - towny, would dance
DVa - scummy, doesn't feel like genuine posting
Moment - towny, would dance
Sakura Hana - towny would dance (but alas, she has her sights elsewhere)
Firebringer - I can't get a read on this... everything in me screams scum, but wtf would scum be so blatant for?
Lady Lambdadelta - scummy
Putting aside the read on me which I didn't like, what really bothered me was why Gamma would be a leantown based on his posts, why karmy would be scummy, and *how he decided* LLD was scummy. In retrospect this read list almost looks too accurate based on the evidence that was available at the time.

He also was trying to play up being new green in points such as this:
In post 482, shortaru wrote:Still learning the ropes in forum Mafia. Been churning through the wiki to get a handle on strategy, action resolution, and power roles (oh dear God the power roles!)
scummy

with all that, Gamma/Fire and Cakez/Mala both seem like, as pairings, the best places to look for a flip today to me

at this point it's quite obvious shortaru was a manipulative little fucker. I don't know that makes him 100% lockscum but he roleplayed the newbie card way too hard and had some wild fucking reads, so unfortunately Nancy, I think there's a solid chance you replaced into a scum slot at this point
This whole post is so fake!! Why dont' you go apply your suntan spray somewhere else
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2240 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:49 pm

In post 2186, Dunnstral wrote:Princess - Could definitely be scum, hasn't done much but what she has done has had me raising my eyebrows
Okay, scummy, now you get to actually explain what your words are about me being mafia! This is just you playing empty words for people. Go on. Tell me! What has you eyebrowing?
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2241 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:51 pm

I find it very funny I have said Dun and Mari are mafia and yet Dun pretends like he had some thing on me causing him to view me as mafia!

Yet he doesn't!

Please kill Dun and Mari. Thank you

I am prepared to leave the dance with my partner for this.
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2497 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:24 pm

I would like to leave the dance!
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2498 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:25 pm

If Koki flips town please lunch Firebringer!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”