Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:22 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 121, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:You're a pretty big VI.
I am a village intelligent, thank you
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 122, Firebringer wrote:It’s 3

So scum team is LLD, Karmelon and [placeholder]
Agreed on Karmeleon
Why LLD?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:23 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 120, Moment wrote:
In post 92, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Then we pair the remaining groups wiht the following values in mind:

Most townie remaining Lady -> Least Townie remaining Gent

by definition it'll create some TvT pairings but I think more importantly, it allows for us to put high trust targets with low trust targets. I also considered doing like 3 bad with bads for them to agree to die, but basically we need to have pairings where we can read them while also relying that there is a solid town person able to leave the dance if necessary.
I don't entirely understand this. What is the benefit of having it such that people can leave the dance? Wouldn't it be better to simply have the least townread people pair together and lynch them to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak? Killing a townread player along with a scummier player seems plainly suboptimal compared to the alternative.

---
In post 94, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 91, Karmeleon wrote:People, be less boring
This post, plus other earlier posts reads like someone who drew scum and is really fucking excited about it. Anyone know if this player hates to be scum or anything that would preclude this tone read?
Why drew scum and is excited over simply being excited in general?

---
In post 95, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:DVa is town
Why? I don't find anything particularly towny about the throwing out of all of those early reads.
Because what happens when you pair a bunch of low fruit with other low fruit is that people get it in their head that you're wrong about those low fruit, the low fruit won't agree to pair and what ends up happening is they take down a bunch of non-low fruit with them.

It's better to high low pair because the odds that all the low hanging fruit are scum is low. Additionally, since we're making a buffer zone for a couple of the most obivous T+T pairings, it's important as the game goes on and votes get lower, the ability to suicide leave the game. It's very important.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Karmeleon »

In post 124, shortaru wrote:Karma was looking kinda dodgy, there.
For not wanting to answer whether I'm an alt or not?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:25 am

As for the other two things

One is a tone read, I don't have a reason for thinking that beyond it just being an explanation of his(Karmelon) posts that fits well. Additionally, it doubled as an ability to draw aggro and reactions from him that would influence my read more. As you can see, he's become much more obviously scum post my pressure on him.

DVa town is a gut read based on posts. I don't explain town reads, it's anti town.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:25 am

In post 128, Karmeleon wrote:
That's not what you did and your active attempt at obliviousness is.... yeah no you're scum. Why am I arguing with you

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Moment »

In post 116, Karmeleon wrote:
In post 110, Moment wrote:It's slightly bothering me that people aren't seeming to take this seriously - even if you don't care about winning, you don't have to sabotage everyone else's chances of winning.
Who's trying to sabotage here?
Perhaps "sabotage" was a bit dramatic a term, but I just mean taking actions that don't seem very well thought out. Asking someone to dance just because "why not?" is just like voting someone to lynch just because "why not?".

---
In post 117, shortaru wrote:
In post 110, Moment wrote:
In post 3, shortaru wrote: I've been looking over some of the old dances since my /in, and wow, this game is different. Cool, though!
Is that so? From what I remember it seems relatively similar. What's different?
Several lynches per day, only 1 night kill, roster of all lovers, lynches not resetting deadline, etc.

These rules are nothing like the way I'm used to playing.
Ah, different from regular games of mafia - I thought you meant different from the previous dances.

---
In post 118, Gamma Emerald wrote:This doesn’t feel right to me. He seems to be trying to subvert the argument.
Elaborate on what exactly it is you mean by "subvert the argument".
shortaru
shortaru
Mafia Scum
shortaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:26 am

Post by shortaru »

In post 105, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 100, Firebringer wrote:
In post 93, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:We absolutely can control people's pairings. If you pair out of order, you die via lynch. Prerogative of the town. It takes two to tango, which means if you pair out of order, then two people agreed to do awful thing and that icnreases the odds at least one of you is scum.

So yeah, death for anyone who pairs early or pairs outside plan.
Good luck with that
It really will not be hard.

I promise if you pair out of order or early to spite us we will lynch you because it's anti-town. I don't care if you decide to do it as town as some kind of "message that yuo can't control people"

The fact is you don't need to flip mafia to be working for the scum. :)
But how do we know that you're not Mafia trying to control pairings?

There's a lot to gain for scum to decide who lovers are.

I'm going to be listening to confirmed town Radiant.
Does this post forward a scum win con, or do you just think I'm strange?

Strange != Scum
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:27 am

In post 132, shortaru wrote:
In post 105, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 100, Firebringer wrote:
In post 93, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:We absolutely can control people's pairings. If you pair out of order, you die via lynch. Prerogative of the town. It takes two to tango, which means if you pair out of order, then two people agreed to do awful thing and that icnreases the odds at least one of you is scum.

So yeah, death for anyone who pairs early or pairs outside plan.
Good luck with that
It really will not be hard.

I promise if you pair out of order or early to spite us we will lynch you because it's anti-town. I don't care if you decide to do it as town as some kind of "message that yuo can't control people"

The fact is you don't need to flip mafia to be working for the scum. :)
But how do we know that you're not Mafia trying to control pairings?

There's a lot to gain for scum to decide who lovers are.

I'm going to be listening to confirmed town Radiant.

I wonder....

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:27 am

Post by Karmeleon »

In post 130, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 128, Karmeleon wrote:
That's not what you did and your active attempt at obliviousness is.... yeah no you're scum. Why am I arguing with you
I answered your post which was "are you an alt or something?" and you say I'm dodging the question.

wtf?
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Karmeleon »

In post 131, Moment wrote:Perhaps "sabotage" was a bit dramatic a term, but I just mean taking actions that don't seem very well thought out. Asking someone to dance just because "why not?" is just like voting someone to lynch just because "why not?".
Oh right, didn't notice Kokichi was playing the game
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:30 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 110, Moment wrote:Asking someone to dance who hasn't even posted yet is a questionable decision regardless of whether or not you meet the criteria for some optimal pairing. What about thinking you won't be widely townread leads to the conclusion of immediately asking someone to dance? Even further, I wouldn't take that last game as a real example of anything - from memory, you were pretty widely townread in Minuet's Trio and Forgotten Hourglass.

---

I'm leaning Gamma Emerald and Sakura scum for now. It's slightly bothering me that people aren't seeming to take this seriously - even if you don't care about winning, you don't have to sabotage everyone else's chances of winning.
Case in point
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 131, Moment wrote:
In post 116, Karmeleon wrote:
In post 110, Moment wrote:It's slightly bothering me that people aren't seeming to take this seriously - even if you don't care about winning, you don't have to sabotage everyone else's chances of winning.
Who's trying to sabotage here?
Perhaps "sabotage" was a bit dramatic a term, but I just mean taking actions that don't seem very well thought out. Asking someone to dance just because "why not?" is just like voting someone to lynch just because "why not?".

---
In post 117, shortaru wrote:
In post 110, Moment wrote:
In post 3, shortaru wrote: I've been looking over some of the old dances since my /in, and wow, this game is different. Cool, though!
Is that so? From what I remember it seems relatively similar. What's different?
Several lynches per day, only 1 night kill, roster of all lovers, lynches not resetting deadline, etc.

These rules are nothing like the way I'm used to playing.
Ah, different from regular games of mafia - I thought you meant different from the previous dances.

---
In post 118, Gamma Emerald wrote:This doesn’t feel right to me. He seems to be trying to subvert the argument.
Elaborate on what exactly it is you mean by "subvert the argument".
He’s distracting from the main point with an obvious truth.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Brian Skies »

This game would have been more fun to spectate, to be honest.

I'll be back later when I care more about analyzing than laughing at some of the things that's been said so far.
shortaru
shortaru
Mafia Scum
shortaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:31 am

Post by shortaru »

In post 129, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I don't explain town reads, it's anti town.
Wait is this true or theory?

Strange != Scum
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Moment »

In post 127, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Because what happens when you pair a bunch of low fruit with other low fruit is that people get it in their head that you're wrong about those low fruit, the low fruit won't agree to pair and what ends up happening is they take down a bunch of non-low fruit with them.

It's better to high low pair because the odds that all the low hanging fruit are scum is low. Additionally, since we're making a buffer zone for a couple of the most obivous T+T pairings, it's important as the game goes on and votes get lower, the ability to suicide leave the game. It's very important.
Implicit in your argument is presumption that your reads will be wrong and that a player that you consider strongly town will be scum, and thus you should play to that expectation. To that I would say that I don't think it makes sense to begin from the idea that your reads are wrong - it makes more sense to begin with lynching your scumreads. Should
that
fail, then there may be cause for concern and at that point it would be time to begin looking in the pairs previously more townread. Beginning with trying to lynch both the "scummy scum" and the "towny scum" by pairing them together seems destined to simply sacrifice a townier player for every scummier player we lynch.

Of course, this is quite abstract and a level removed from the actual people pairing together and playing the game, but on a theory level I don't think it's correct.

---
In post 129, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:One is a tone read, I don't have a reason for thinking that beyond it just being an explanation of his(Karmelon) posts that fits well. Additionally, it doubled as an ability to draw aggro and reactions from him that would influence my read more. As you can see, he's become much more obviously scum post my pressure on him.
Perhaps I need to get my vision checked, then.

---
In post 136, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 110, Moment wrote:Asking someone to dance who hasn't even posted yet is a questionable decision regardless of whether or not you meet the criteria for some optimal pairing. What about thinking you won't be widely townread leads to the conclusion of immediately asking someone to dance? Even further, I wouldn't take that last game as a real example of anything - from memory, you were pretty widely townread in Minuet's Trio and Forgotten Hourglass.

---

I'm leaning Gamma Emerald and Sakura scum for now. It's slightly bothering me that people aren't seeming to take this seriously - even if you don't care about winning, you don't have to sabotage everyone else's chances of winning.
Case in point
You're gonna have to elaborate what point you're trying to make there.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:33 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 140, Moment wrote:You're gonna have to elaborate what point you're trying to make there.
The point that im not gonna be obvtown nor gonna be some of those supertown TvT pairings.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
shortaru
shortaru
Mafia Scum
shortaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:33 am

Post by shortaru »

In post 138, Brian Skies wrote:This game would have been more fun to spectate, to be honest.

I'll be back later when I care more about analyzing than laughing at some of the things that's been said so far.
Scum equity, here.

Strange != Scum
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:34 am

In post 139, shortaru wrote:
It's both!

The concept is that by explaining what made you town read someone, it opens attack vectors allowing others to get into your blind spots.

So it's just not worth it.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Why are you so worried that I asked Kokichi to dance? I had decided that i'd do that since he in'd for this because he's a cool person i like playing with. Besides it's not like he has accepted or rejected yet.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Moment »

It's simply her opinion. I would disagree myself, in almost every situation I can think of.

---
In post 141, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 140, Moment wrote:You're gonna have to elaborate what point you're trying to make there.
The point that im not gonna be obvtown nor gonna be some of those supertown TvT pairings.
And so explain to me how that thought (whether it's true or not) leads to the conclusion "I should pair with someone whose alignment I have literally random information regarding"? Assuming you're town, of course.

---
In post 142, shortaru wrote:
In post 138, Brian Skies wrote:This game would have been more fun to spectate, to be honest.

Scum equity, here.
I disagree. I would come to the exact opposite conclusion, actually.
shortaru
shortaru
Mafia Scum
shortaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:38 am

Post by shortaru »

In post 143, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
It's both!

The concept is that by explaining what made you town read someone, it opens attack vectors allowing others to get into your blind spots.

So it's just not worth it.
By "true", I meant objective fact. Sorry for the confusion.

It can't be both. They're mutually exclusive.

So, it seems to be theory. Ok.

Strange != Scum
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:39 am

In post 144, Sakura Hana wrote:Why are you so worried that I asked Kokichi to dance? I had decided that i'd do that since he in'd for this because he's a cool person i like playing with. Besides it's not like he has accepted or rejected yet.
By doing it early it shirks any way for us to plan pairings that optimize town's benefits. Additionally, doing it before KOKICHI HAS EVEN POSTED shirks our ability to try and isolate a scum and deny them a pairing.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 144, Sakura Hana wrote:Why are you so worried that I asked Kokichi to dance? I had decided that i'd do that since he in'd for this because he's a cool person i like playing with. Besides it's not like he has accepted or rejected yet.
Because she has a control boner she likes to flex
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Karmeleon »

One outed scum doesn't hurt

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”