Long term health of mafiascum

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
shortaru
shortaru
Mafia Scum
shortaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:56 pm

Post by shortaru »

In post 1045, Akira wrote:I understand it might affect actual mafia games though. Would it be possible maybe to limit them to certain parts of the forum?
I've seen boards that had like buttons excluded from specific forums.

I think it's a standard feature in some software to allow that.
Does this post forward a scum win con, or do you just think I'm strange?

Strange != Scum
shortaru
shortaru
Mafia Scum
shortaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:12 pm

Post by shortaru »

In post 1041, Frozen Angel wrote:I think giving proper warnings to people who get repeatedly forced replaced because of low activity/for flaking might be a considerable solution.
^ This

Also, a "sub club" for players that are willing to replace in on a reliable basis might bring more interest in contributing by replacing in.

Potential qualifications:

3 months+ on site (to build up stats)
<15% replace out rate (hey, life does happen)
Recommendations from prior mods (on gamesmanship)

Requirements:

1) Each sub club member state how many games they can reliably participate in consecutively (ie, 1 large, 3 minis).

2) Members post in a dedicated thread when they sub into games for ease of tracking.

3) The Sub Club Mod will track members that are actively replacing into games (comparing game loads against the listed maximum for each member - typically if it becomes likely that a sub club member is losing interest in replacing in), eject those that stop, and promoting more.

Anyone ejected from the sub club for inactivity ineligible to reapply for 1 year.

---

This isn't to suggest doing away with regular players replacing in, but to supplement it for those times where it can be a challenge to find a replacement.
Does this post forward a scum win con, or do you just think I'm strange?

Strange != Scum

Return to “Mafia Discussion”