Song Contest 124 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:57 am

Post by Errantparabola »

I was similarly curious when I first heard the song:
A youtube comment wrote:samples seem to be taken from a reading of: The Power of Positive Thinking: 10 Traits for Maximum Results! Awesome!
Here is a google books preview. If you search for "dog's" for example, it takes you to a section of the book where children were apparently asked to list things that made them happy.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:04 am

Post by Errantparabola »

I dont think theres anything to get-- either it's pleasant and interesting to listen to or it isnt, and I would get why it isnt.
On my end, i tend towards appreciating of repetition in a lot of things, but i dont think its from something that i'm seeing that everyone else is missing. I just like it.

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #86 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Ecuador: This was a really solid song. It caught my attention from the beginning when the chords in groups of two sort of dig in a repetitive, alarm-clock kind of way, and they go into like a call and response with the drum rolls (and then it's replicated with the guitar in place of the drums in the third sections). The drums really stand out as good in this one throughout. Overall it has a really cool repetitive, insistent feel. The noise atmosphere in the middle was really great, and how it falls away into that section is definitely the strongest part of the song.
UK: I don't know how they do it, but CHVRCHES knocks it out of the park with their choruses every time. It's massively catchy, especially the phrases "as old as your omens" and "the way is long but you can make it easy on me." Synthpop normally really isn't for me but I've never disliked a CHVRCHES song.

--

Lebanon: Wow, I really thought i was going to hate it but it's actually kind of catchy in like a... Funkytown's evil twin way? the beat is annoying as all heck but the distortion on the low notes is cool and the rest of the instrumentation is pretty fun. It's kind of unpleasant but overall there were more substantive things I liked about it than most of the other songs. I'm in a weird place with this one but I guess you're getting my 8!

--
South Korea: hahahaha. alright. There is something undeniably compelling about the rising string sound.
Kenya: very clean voice i enjoyed it
Bhutan: good. vocals sound cheesy but it's overall good
--
Tanzania: Very nondescript, wish something more was done with the two part harmonies, fine
Hungary: okay
--
CAR: okay
Italy: Not a fan of the lead or any of the vocals actually. But the intro grabbed me
Madagascar: kinda
Lichtenstein: ehhhh
Burkina Faso: not really
--
USA: Just me or is the mixing terrible on this one?
Spain: This is not for me.
Greenland: Not for me
Djibouti: Unfortunately no
Byzantium: At least it was short!
Hong Kong: Maybe first time I didn't finish a song in song contest. Sorry but this really isn't for me.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #87 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Why do you always put Panzer's song at the bottom, is this some kind of tradition

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #120 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 89, Parama wrote:man a lot of our comments & rankings are pretty similar this time errant. it's not just you on USA btw, the mixing blows, i said the same in my writeup
Haha, i saw that-- i go back and check to see what everyone else said after i vote to see who i agreed with. But grats on the win!

--implosion
provided

Return to “General Discussion”