Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3700 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

Thor's body has been found with a pierce through the heart. He was..

Spoiler:
Almost50 wrote:
Hello
Thor665

You are a Reaver. Each night you may target one other player and torment them to the point where they die of fear. You have a 2-shot Commuter ability though so you may use that if you don't want to kill on any given night.

You win when
all other players are dead
or nothing can prevent that from happening.

Important: There is a chance the game may end before you can accomplish your mission, so choose your victims wisely.

Even more important: To avoid flavour gaming; Town players have NOT been given their flavour.

“I ain’t going over there with them bodies. No rutting way. Not if Reavers messed with ‘em.”

Thread is now unlocked and it's Day 3

Day 3 Deadline (expired on 2018-11-15 18:45:00)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3701 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Almost50 »

Replacement
Replacement Announcement

Nancy Drew 39
is replaced with
RightNight
(hydra of Nancy Drew 39 & Mathblade) effective immediately.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3702 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:45 am

Post by RightKnight »

/confirm

#noTimeToReadShit

Nancy caught me up some but would love your guys’s opinions.
Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.
~ Alan Watts
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3703 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:45 am

Post by Flicker »

First off, high fives to Ari on that vengekill - great choice. :mrgreen:

Next, Thor's role PM means he was an SK, right? Anybody want to claim his kill?

Finally, are we doing a mass claim today?
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3704 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:45 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 3702, RightKnight wrote:/confirm

#noTimeToReadShit

Nancy caught me up some but would love your guys’s opinions.

~~Castle (Math)
Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.
~ Alan Watts
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3705 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:49 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 3454, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 3443, Thor665 wrote:Yeah, except mine is far more likely.
Scum images = scum
Town images = town.

Yours is less likely
Scum images = scum
Town images = scum

You see those as identically likely?
Thor is scum here. This is a huge misrepresentation of what we’re saying. There are several pieces of weak evidence. Since Chickadee claimed flavor cop, then it cannot be as simple as what he’s suggesting, and town!Thor would totally not make that mistake. It’s just a regular cop in that case. Bad logic, low (but opportunistic) level of posting and outrageous misrepresentation. This is Thor as scum.

Consider the implications and just how much opposition there was to lynching the only slot with a case against it.

S/he who has eyes to see...

~D
I'll just leave this here.

Thor being Reaver confirms some of the setup speculation we had and confirmation that he's scum like I thought means we have some checking on other things to do.

I think there's sufficient reasons to believe Chickadee is town and honest here, so good job whomever presumably saved her life. Given Thor's insistence on pushing the idea above, I feel even more confident that the clues she gets will be at right angles to what the person is.

@Chick - Obviously check whomever you want, but we could probably benefit from a check if you don't have a better idea.

~D
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3706 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:51 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 3705, Reasonably Rational wrote:
Scum images = scum
Town images = town.

Yours is less likely
Scum images = scum
Town images = scum

Thor is scum here. This is a huge misrepresentation of what we’re saying. There are several pieces of weak evidence. Since Chickadee claimed flavor cop, then it cannot be as simple as what he’s suggesting, and town!Thor would totally not make that mistake. It’s just a regular cop in that case. Bad logic, low (but opportunistic) level of posting and outrageous misrepresentation. This is Thor as scum.

Consider the implications and just how much opposition there was to lynching the only slot with a case against it.

~D

Thor being Reaver confirms some of the setup speculation we had and confirmation that he's scum like I thought means we have some checking on other things to do.

I think there's sufficient reasons to believe Chickadee is town and honest here, so good job whomever presumably saved her life. Given Thor's insistence on pushing the idea above, I feel even more confident that the clues she gets will be at right angles to what the person is.

@Chick - Obviously check whomever you want, but we could probably benefit from a check if you don't have a better idea.

~D

Oooh hi.

Wanna be Reasonably Knight and show me some of that prior spec?

~~Castle
~ Alan Watts
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3707 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:52 am

In post 3703, Flicker wrote:First off, high fives to Ari on that vengekill - great choice. :mrgreen:

Thor was obviously scum to anyone who has played with him in even a couple games. I mean ... I called it with certainty and my standard for certainty is really high.

I'm not 100% convinced there would be only one reaver, but it definitely is an SK win con. At first it appeared unfair but I think the warning is meant to get him to realize that if all of us who are aligned with Serenity are killed, then he would lose because of the other scum and thus he should be motivated to try and find and kill them first.

I'm not sure a mass claim is a great idea with 3 flipped scum and only 1 flipped town. I mean ... I suppose it should be considered given how many people have vomited claims already but ...

~D
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3708 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:54 am

In post 3706, RightKnight wrote:
Scum images = scum
Town images = town.

Yours is less likely
Scum images = scum
Town images = scum

~D

~D

Oooh hi.

~~Castle
I'm on the way out and will be phone bound for like 10 hours. If nobody else has gone back and quoted out the spec that's in game, I'll try and do it within 24 hours. We have some more in our hydra conversations that we haven't brought into the game yet. You know how Cerb and I are with that though.

~D
Show

RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3709 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:54 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 3707, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 3703, Flicker wrote:First off, high fives to Ari on that vengekill - great choice. :mrgreen:

Thor was obviously scum to anyone who has played with him in even a couple games. I mean ... I called it with certainty and my standard for certainty is really high.

I'm not 100% convinced there would be only one reaver, but it definitely is an SK win con. At first it appeared unfair but I think the warning is meant to get him to realize that if all of us who are aligned with Serenity are killed, then he would lose because of the other scum and thus he should be motivated to try and find and kill them first.

I'm not sure a mass claim is a great idea with 3 flipped scum and only 1 flipped town. I mean ... I suppose it should be considered given how many people have vomited claims already but ...

~D

Mass claim should only be used if a majority of people forgot their pants or if we are in dire straights.

Based on flips no way in hell the last is true. And I am hoping people liked pants?

~~Castle
~ Alan Watts
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3710 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:56 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 3708, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 3706, RightKnight wrote:
Scum images = scum
Town images = town.

Yours is less likely
Scum images = scum
Town images = scum

~D

~D

Oooh hi.

~~Castle
I'm on the way out and will be phone bound for like 10 hours. If nobody else has gone back and quoted out the spec that's in game, I'll try and do it within 24 hours. We have some more in our hydra conversations that we haven't brought into the game yet. You know how Cerb and I are with that though.

~D
Yep so see you in 72 years (sarcastic)

Looking forward to it

~~Castle
~ Alan Watts
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #3711 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:56 am

Post by Chara »

yay!
sorry you had to die, Ari. i'm saluting you for that excellent kill.
and Thor's wincon was also difficult, damn.

if i'm remembering his wincon correctly, Thor had no way of winning with the HoB. so i'm not sure you're correct, Cerb. he'd need to eliminate them all, and possibly other factions (though the latter would need to be an assumption on Thor's part) to make sure he's the final anti-town force in the game.
unless i misunderstood your point?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3712 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:59 am

Post by Chara »

that more has to do with Thor's resistance to your interpretation of Chick's claim and what that might mean.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3713 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:59 am

In post 3711, Chara wrote:yay!
sorry you had to die, Ari. i'm saluting you for that excellent kill.
and Thor's wincon was also difficult, damn.

if i'm remembering his wincon correctly, Thor had no way of winning with the HoB. so i'm not sure you're correct, Cerb. he'd need to eliminate them all, and possibly other factions (though the latter would need to be an assumption on Thor's part) to make sure he's the final anti-town force in the game.
unless i misunderstood your point?
It's a SK win con. Everyone has to die. It's a little harder than usual though because most SKs are not endgamed if all town die first (I think). That's how I read it. If he and the other scums had managed to kill all of us on Serenity, then he would have lost. He had incentive to scumhunt and kill scum.

~D
Show

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3714 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:01 am

Post by Chara »

yes, i did understand that part. he couldn't scumside. it looks like none of his kills went through, though.
both HoBs and his are unaccounted for this time, and unless Elsa has a gun i'm doubting Toog used his lightning rod again.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3715 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:02 am

Post by Chara »

i missed a few of the EoD 2 claims, i'll find them later.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3716 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 am

In post 3712, Chara wrote:that more has to do with Thor's resistance to your interpretation of Chick's claim and what that might mean.
It wasn't that he disagreed with our conclusion that outed him. It was that the logic he put forth was really bad (if his assertion was true, Chickadee is an outright day cop and not a flavor cop, and that doesn't make sense) and just not at all close to his usual standards. There was more to it, but that was what turned me on to him and I don't lightly post into the game thread that I'm sure someone is scum.

~D
Show

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #3717 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 am

Post by Chickadee »

Well Thor was gonna be my check today.

Since I’m claimed, I’ll listen to any requests for claiming but I do have some people in mind. I’d rather hear what other people think first though.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3718 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 am

In post 3714, Chara wrote:yes, i did understand that part. he couldn't scumside. it looks like none of his kills went through, though.
both HoBs and his are unaccounted for this time, and unless Elsa has a gun i'm doubting Toog used his lightning rod again.
If you think about it I believe you'll realize where the shots went. And which other claims just received a boost in credibility and where they probably were.

~D
Show

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3719 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:05 am

Post by Chara »

In post 3717, Chickadee wrote:Well Thor was gonna be my check today.

Since I’m claimed, I’ll listen to any requests for claiming but I do have some people in mind. I’d rather hear what other people think first though.
just don't check me or Elsa and i'm fine with it.
or Rational but that's more because they're obviously town.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3720 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:06 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 3707, Reasonably Rational wrote:

~D
If you compare Thor's PM to Light's (the kill I was congratulating Ari on, if that wasn't clear), Thor's definitely not partnered, anyway. The idea of there being another Revear out there is intriguing, though. I wonder - is it possible that this game has only one group scum (HoB), and multiple (lone) SKs? Seems unlikely but not impossible. I still think it's more likely there's one other group scum (Niska's crew, probably).

I'm also wary of a mass claim, but I feel like some people were set on doing it today, so I'm wondering if those people (Jingle? Other people I can't remember?) still want to.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3721 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:06 am

Post by Chara »

In post 3716, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 3712, Chara wrote:that more has to do with Thor's resistance to your interpretation of Chick's claim and what that might mean.
It wasn't that he disagreed with our conclusion that outed him. It was that the logic he put forth was really bad (if his assertion was true, Chickadee is an outright day cop and not a flavor cop, and that doesn't make sense) and just not at all close to his usual standards. There was more to it, but that was what turned me on to him and I don't lightly post into the game thread that I'm sure someone is scum.

~D
ahh, yes, i misunderstood and thought you were drawing conclusions about Chick's role from what Thor said.
that makes more sense to me.

as for the claims: i'll look into it when i have a minute. i believe you.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3722 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Chara »

hey Almost, Ethos is green in the first post. is there something you aren't telling us?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3723 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:11 am

Single group scum and multiple SK-analogues was my first suggestion regarding how the flavor of this could all work with a bunch of kills and the unique way the end of the game is described.

Also Chara, homie....~D only comes from Drixx yo. <3

-Cerb
Show

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3724 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Chara »

sorry Drixx! i misread the end of 3708. <3

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”