Super Smash Bros

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #195 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:20 am

Post by Davsto »

getting wild innit
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #202 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:42 am

Post by Davsto »

It'll be interesting to see how they play out in competitive legality. I'm thinking it's unlikely they'll be introduced since it's not on by default?

I bet the competitive community is absolutely thrilled about the stage hazard toggle. It'll make it more interesting to watch when it's not five stages lmao
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #227 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 226, Annadog40 wrote:If you get the retail you don't have to pre-order I think.
To get the piranha plant for free (for UK at least) you need to buy the game and register it with My Nintendo (the rewards system thing) by 31st Jan
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #241 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by Davsto »

okay so incomplete parts of the game have leaked but one bit that's been entirely salvageable is the music so all of it is available to listen to

and HOLY FUCKING SHIT

this game genuinely seems worth it just for the soundtrack?? 99% of the songs from previous smashes return, but like the new remixes are beautiful if a bit unbalanced (like 16 new mega man remixes but not a single new track for kid icarus [like not even any new tracks just taken from uprising which is a sin because that has one of the greatest soundtracks ever, though it's giving me hope for magnus or someone as DLC bc they say all dlc is coming with new music so maybe they're saving it for that]) but honestly it seems worth it just for the music, we have about 100 new remixes (and that's not including the new smash-original music or the wealth of tracks taken straight from their home games)

some new classic DKC remixes of stuff that's not just jungle level (we have snakey chantey and crocodile cacophony remixes and they are gorgeous, and the simian segue/bonus room blitz medley is just so great), the castlevania tracks are fire and there's a fuckin great version of kass's theme from breath of the wild

i'm just so looking forwards to listening to each one of these songs so i can choose what stages they go on and doing the whole my music thing by choosing the probabilities because there is so much good stuff in this game

i mean i'm excited for the game as a game obviously but the music has me so excited already i fucking adore it
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #242 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Davsto »

(also seriously nintendo get some wario master of disguise music in for his series like the game was average and had like 15 pieces of music but like half of them were absolute fucking tunes and could be so beautiful with a remix pls make it happen)
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #245 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by Davsto »

So i guess the dlc fighters for this are gonna be pretty wild
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #261 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Post by Davsto »

ive only just been able to start playing because of a holiday in italy and i have spent like 3 hours on the game and it's just me setting up which music on which stage tbh i liked the old style of just a few tracks appearing uniquely per stage plus lots of tracks were set as unlikely to appear on any stage so I'm fixing that to my liking
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #267 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Davsto »

I love how flexible the camera is yeah, how much of the stage you can see that you never would otherwise is insane (like in Castle Siege you can look off to the side and see they basically modelled the whole castle)
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #285 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Davsto »

don't overpower yourself in world of light and just do every match in one hit, try and get your power score roughly equal to the foe, you'll have the most fun then

but also don't just marathon it, do it between other modes
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #292 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:17 am

Post by Davsto »

i wouldnt be able to play dr mario, fox, falco, wolf, lucas, ice climbers, marth, roy, ike, corrin, villager, little mac, shulk, duck hunt, snake, ryu, cloud,richter, isabelle, ken

also arguably rob though he was in mario kart ds
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #295 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:49 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 293, Annadog40 wrote:You played a game in watch game?
I got a couple of the game and watch gallery games on virtual console - figured that counts
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #296 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Davsto »

so uh

banjo's in
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #300 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Davsto »

DQ Hero looks pretty decent too but like banjo boios
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #310 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:56 am

Post by Davsto »

hoes mad

I mean Byleth was a shoe-in for happening at some point, just mildly disappointing that they ended this first wave of dlc which was full of hype third-party characters which have either been wanted for years or were total welcome surprises with the good old newest fire emblem protagonist.

The moveset looks cool though - we haven't really had anyone wield an axe or lance and it's nice to finally get some representation of alternate weapons in FE when it's one of the main mechanics. Plus the stage is pretty. I'm happy she's in overall just think the order is weird and people would be less bothered (I say less bc the smash community has a real fire emblem hate train going) if, say, we had a hype finisher for this wave then Byleth as the first in the next set. But it doesn't make much difference because she was always going to be one of the dlcs at the end of the day.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #317 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Davsto »

her "sword" is used like a whip in half her moveset and she uses axe/bow/spear for loads too stop freaking out like it's an entirely unoriginal character I mean up+B looks sick and he'll be fun to play for sure
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #318 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Davsto »

Idk I just feel like people are overreacting this is like the last FE rep this game is getting, it's literally one dlc character with a nice moveset, idk why everyone's freaking out besides the whole "fe in smash bad" bandwagon
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #350 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:07 pm

Post by Davsto »

new Arms rep looks cool, never played the game (no interest) but I'm genuinely excited. The stage looks hype, heard good things about the music and the fighter looks really unique and that's always interesting and fun. No super hype Mii costume with music this time (vault boy kinda cool but not a fallout man myself)
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #358 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Davsto »

also (i think) rollback requires quite a bit of processing power on the console end and most devs are already trying to push the limit of what their console can do with their game. plus what i've gathered is that if a game isn't made with rollback in mind it requires quite a bit of base-level tweaking to sort it. obvs it's still a shame and a pain that online in modern fighters is as bad as it is - smash in particular has an online that could be improved in so many ways without going so far as to implement rollback, though a lot of that probably lies on nintendo as a company's end over the smash team.

idk i'm no expert. smash devs could do more for online i'm sure. but i think it's a p heavy stretch to accuse sakurai and co. of not caring about smash.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #373 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:58 pm

Post by Davsto »

i've never really played minecraft but still have a level of nostalgia for it given how big it was growing up and how a few youtubers i follow have done some fun minecraft series

It's pretty cool though and I'm really excited to see how he plays. And it's hype to get back to the insane 3rd party stuff after a few first parties, plus it's the first full surprise we've had since... Banjo maybe? So it was great to be super surprised as I'd really forgotten he was an option.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #374 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:04 am

Post by Davsto »

oh and odds are on the new remixes being phenomenal so hype for that too
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #377 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:47 am

Post by Davsto »

but steve is an anime swordfighter
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #381 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:04 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 378, Ythan wrote:Idk if this is a surprise, iirc Minecraft Steve has consistently been one of the highest placing bad suggestions in polls.
banjo's always been top of polls but he was still a big surprise. frankly every popular third party choice has been at the top of polls. every conceivable option for smash is talked about so much that it's looped back around to being a surprise again. But from my experience a lot of the talk was considering Dante, Travis, Gen VIII Pokémon rep etc., and Steve had kinda fallen off the radar to me so it caught me off guard which was great fun

Return to “The Arcade”