Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4350 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:07 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 4337, Chickadee wrote:Oooo interesting cop on RK. This is what I got.

My immediate reaction is "this is scum." IIRC, this is from right before Simon saves River in the movie, when the doctor's experimenting on/torturing her. More specifically, this scene is framed as a video being watched by the Operative (therefore RK = the Operative?).

But, given how the Simon/River video had such a nice tone for the HoB cop, IDK.

If RK is scum (especially a lone scum), though, it would help make sense of Nancy jumping back into a hydra after Tora left. And like I already said, I have found their posting to be lacking - redundant, confused/wrong, and just weird at times, especially with the insistence that there is or could be a second doctor (and therefore someone's lying/withholding their full claim - are they maybe projecting because
they're
the liars?).

Pedit: How does this still fit with being a Doctor Enabler, exactly?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4351 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4281, Chara wrote:the game would have ended already otherwise
?
This is a Parachute.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4352 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:09 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 4347, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 4345, Elsa Jay wrote:Then I guess whatever the Reavers are have a rolecop or something then, because they got no reason to roleblock a Daycop.
I realise this is very stupid considering I'm saying they invested the Daycop, but whatever.

Also, can you tell me what I gained from saying I hid on top of Thor and lost my BP? I'm Ascetic so it wouldn't have mattered much anyway wherever I visit since you couldnt track it.

Okay fine ... honest question..if you were in our place and the game continued.. town don't win, our mumbers start to dwindle. When would you suggest we lynch the survivor claim? How many townies can we afford to lose before we have to do it is the question?

Lylo? Lylo -1? Lylo-2? Lylo -3?

Bear in mind that we would only be guessing when lylo is.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4353 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:09 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4338, Elsa Jay wrote:I'm literally telling you the information I have for you. N1 I hid behind Cheeky. Fine. N2 is Thor. Lost my BP. N3 did jackshit. I'm alive.

What's so complicated in thinking Thor attacked my slot and HoB killed Thor?
Why wouldn’t you hide behind anyone N3? If you believe scum killed Thor, why would you assume you would be safe?
Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.
~ Alan Watts
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #4354 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Because I claimed Survivor, they didnt know Thor was opposing Scum, and I just got in the way before? The clearly didn't want to waste their time on me.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4355 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Flicker »

Yeah, scratch what I said about Elsa, RK seems like a better lynch now. The only town role I can see with that result is Simon, and we have a better Simon claim already.

VOTE: RightKnight
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4356 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:15 am

Post by BuJaber »

Is there some reason why y'all don't want to confirm Chara's claim before we move on? It'll take less than a day..
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #4357 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4358 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Malakittens »

Great so I’m losing either way because we aren’t going to lynch mal.

Yet town is so fucking ahead it’s crazy
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4359 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4333, RightKnight wrote:@Almost50, can use please confirm whether or not a passive LR, could show up as an action to a MD?
1- Please
bold
questions directed at me so I won't miss them.

2- I already did. I am treating the Lightning Rod as an
action targeting
everyone else. Jingle kindly even corrected me that this would be a self-mass-redirector, and RR agreed, so that's what it is in application.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4360 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:18 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4350, Flicker wrote:
In post 4337, Chickadee wrote:Oooo interesting cop on RK. This is what I got.

My immediate reaction is "this is scum." IIRC, this is from right before Simon saves River in the movie, when the doctor's experimenting on/torturing her. More specifically, this scene is framed as a video being watched by the Operative (therefore RK = the Operative?).

But, given how the Simon/River video had such a nice tone for the HoB cop, IDK.

If RK is scum (especially a lone scum), though, it would help make sense of Nancy jumping back into a hydra after Tora left. And like I already said, I have found their posting to be lacking - redundant, confused/wrong, and just weird at times, especially with the insistence that there is or could be a second doctor (and therefore someone's lying/withholding their full claim - are they maybe projecting because
they're
the liars?).

Pedit: How does this still fit with being a Doctor Enabler, exactly?
I wanted to play in a hydra, that’s what I originally signed up for. It looks like something medical, I’m assuming because it looks like a doctor’s office or hospital?

Why couldn’t there be a 2nd doctor? Why would Tails JK Chick and not ever say RR should verify his bg claim?

A50 already proved that we can’t take the clues literally with HoB not being in the Serenity trailer, right?
Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.
~ Alan Watts
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4361 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Jingle »

I'm fine with confirming the loved claim, FWIW. I'm just also aware that it's a stupid fakeclaim to make, so I'm operating under the assumption it's true for the moment.

Besides, I need to spend enough time to figure out mutual confirmations based on roles and actions, so I'm in no rush to end the day period.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4362 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4359, Almost50 wrote:Jingle kindly
I'm not kind. Rabble rabble rabble.
This is a Parachute.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4363 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:21 am

Post by BuJaber »

So the optimal strategy for town in a game with survivor claims is to hope the survivor is telling the truth. Got it, thanks for being honest at least.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4364 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:21 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4355, Flicker wrote:Yeah, scratch what I said about Elsa, RK seems like a better lynch now. The only town role I can see with that result is Simon, and we have a better Simon claim already.

VOTE: RightKnight
Is Simon the only doc in the story? Didn’t someone say there were multiple docs - not in the game but either in the series/movie?
~ Alan Watts
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #4365 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4351, Jingle wrote:
In post 4281, Chara wrote:the game would have ended already otherwise
?
Almost confirmed to me that if a lyncher is the only anti-town element left, the lyncher just loses. this is from the wiki.
it's the same for a survivor. if elsa's wincon is just to survive, then we shouldn't need to kill him.
assuming both of the claims are true, the game should be over if there's no other threats to town, with Elsa winning with us and Mala failing to lynch Mal.
the fact that the game continues means there are more threats.
whether that's some other party, or one of Elsa/Mala lying, that i can't say for certain.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4366 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4358, Malakittens wrote:Great so I’m losing either way because we aren’t going to lynch mal.

Actually, it looks like Lyncher is incompatible with town the way I intended to have you win anyway. :( A50 confirmed this to me when I asked to double check Chara.

Sorry, Mala.
This is a Parachute.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4367 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4363, BuJaber wrote:So the optimal strategy for town in a game with survivor claims is to hope the survivor is telling the truth. Got it, thanks for being honest at least.
haha.

this is why i suggest third parties stay hidden. funnily enough, claiming that you aren't town and asking town to be nice and let you win is not optimal strategy!
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4368 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4366, Jingle wrote:
In post 4358, Malakittens wrote:Great so I’m losing either way because we aren’t going to lynch mal.

Actually, it looks like Lyncher is incompatible with town the way I intended to have you win anyway. :( A50 confirmed this to me when I asked to double check Chara.

Sorry, Mala.
you wanted to eliminate all scum and then give Mala the win too, i assume?
yes, there's no way to do it without purposely leaving a scum alive first, which is not worth the risk in my opinion.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4369 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:28 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4364, RightKnight wrote:Is Simon the only doc in the story? Didn’t someone say there were multiple docs - not in the game but either in the series/movie?
There are no other docs who are Pro Serenity.

I said pretty early on that Almost could maybe have used an institute doc as a survivor, because they never actually oppose the Serenity (In fact, they all get murdered by the alliance) and that Niska's crew had the potential for having their own Doc role given Niska's whole slowly torture people to death gig. Neither is a good fit to flavor, and both were reaches to justify leaving EJ alone because I lowkey suspected that he was a town doc fakeclaiming to stay alive longer.
This is a Parachute.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4370 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:28 am

Post by Malakittens »

VOTE: Mala

Because honestly I don’t want to keep having to post in a game where I won’t win.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4371 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4368, Chara wrote:you wanted to eliminate all scum and then give Mala the win too, i assume?
Yup. I was hoping the game end mechanic of "All threats to town are dead" would let us give Mala the win too by leaving only mala as scum left alive. Didn't realize that it wouldn't work that way, and I'm sorry for the false hope. I agree with a confirmation of non Lyncher scum we can't afford to give Mala a joint win.

I feel like an ass, keeping you here for so long with no chance of payoff Mala. Sorry.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4372 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:32 am

Post by Jingle »

VOTE: Mala

Don't really want to end the day yet, btw, but there isn't a reason to keep Mala around anymore. :(
This is a Parachute.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4373 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:32 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 4370, Malakittens wrote:VOTE: Mala

Because honestly I don’t want to keep having to post in a game where I won’t win.
Help us find scum to end the game faster :)
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4374 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:34 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

It will be good when I get shot actually because you will get to see my flavour which should help silence other doubts about other slots or there being a another doc which is a ridiculous theory when everyone has claimed. I think we lynch Mala today to protect Mal and give her a break and then lynch the hydra because they won't have any roles to enable if I am dead. If I flip something not Simon that'll actually help more than flipping Simon but it seems unlikely at this point. Good luck guys Im pretty confident town wins now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”