Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4375 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:35 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

VOTE: Mala
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4376 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:36 am

Post by BuJaber »

I don't agree with this plan. I'm pretty damn confident Mala is telling the truth.. unless that confidence gets shattered by something happening, why kill the non-threat when we know for sure there's a living threat?
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #4377 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:36 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

VOTE: Mala

Its a Mercy killing, Jaber.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4378 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:37 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 4376, BuJaber wrote:I don't agree with this plan. I'm pretty damn confident Mala is telling the truth.. unless that confidence gets shattered by something happening, why kill the non-threat when we know for sure there's a living threat?
It's both a mercy kill and hopefully a night full of info. We should expedite the night again.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4379 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:38 am

Post by BuJaber »

Yeah and once again I'm going to look heartless this game because I want the best chances for Town.

I'm sorry Mala but leaving the game early is between you and the mod. I don't want to help scum and I don't want us getting complacent.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4380 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:41 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4369, Jingle wrote:
In post 4364, RightKnight wrote:Is Simon the only doc in the story? Didn’t someone say there were multiple docs - not in the game but either in the series/movie?
There are no other docs who are Pro Serenity.

I said pretty early on that Almost could maybe have used an institute doc as a survivor, because they never actually oppose the Serenity (In fact, they all get murdered by the alliance) and that Niska's crew had the potential for having their own Doc role given Niska's whole slowly torture people to death gig. Neither is a good fit to flavor, and both were reaches to justify leaving EJ alone because I lowkey suspected that he was a town doc fakeclaiming to stay alive longer.
Dr. Caron, played by Sarah Paulson in the film Serenity, was a member of the rescue team that investigated the strange happenings on Miranda. Her recording of the event, noting the Alliance's inadvertent creation of what would become the Reavers, is pivotal in the film's climax. She, along with the rest of her team, is killed by the Reavers after their ship crashed.
Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.
~ Alan Watts
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4381 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 4364, RightKnight wrote:
In post 4355, Flicker wrote:Yeah, scratch what I said about Elsa, RK seems like a better lynch now. The only town role I can see with that result is Simon, and we have a better Simon claim already.

VOTE: RightKnight
Is Simon the only doc in the story? Didn’t someone say there were multiple docs - not in the game but either in the series/movie?
Are there multiple doctors? Yes. In town roles? I'd say no.

There's the Alliance doctors that tortured River (they'd likely be scum), that one doctor on Miranda whose transmission the crew found (I think she'd be neutral at best), the background doctors on Ariel when they do the heist there (not important enough to include IMO, and neutral at best), the doctors they meet in Bushwacked who treat Book and the stranger who turns out to be a Reaver (also Alliance, therefore likely scum), and that's about it IIRC. I guess you could make sort of a sideways claim of doctor enabler based on The Train Job b/c the crew gives the medicine back? But then you'd have to be crew, and also that seems like an awfully long stretch.

Pedit: Institute docs getting murdered by the Alliance? Is this from the comics, or is my rusty memory failing me again?

Pedit2: I'm not entirely opposed to mercy lynching Mala, but I'd prefer a near-instantaneous night, which it seems like scum has incentive to not give us (and which the mod might not give us, either). It also seems like a sideways version of my no lynch plan from before, which was already established to be ridiculous. I don't think we should be so confident we can win this that we deliberately lynch outside our scum suspects.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #4382 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:43 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

She could be the last scum who claimed Lyncher, if that helps your consciouses, everyone.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4383 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:47 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4380, RightKnight wrote:
In post 4369, Jingle wrote:
In post 4364, RightKnight wrote:Is Simon the only doc in the story? Didn’t someone say there were multiple docs - not in the game but either in the series/movie?
There are no other docs who are Pro Serenity.

I said pretty early on that Almost could maybe have used an institute doc as a survivor, because they never actually oppose the Serenity (In fact, they all get murdered by the alliance) and that Niska's crew had the potential for having their own Doc role given Niska's whole slowly torture people to death gig. Neither is a good fit to flavor, and both were reaches to justify leaving EJ alone because I lowkey suspected that he was a town doc fakeclaiming to stay alive longer.
Dr. Caron, played by Sarah Paulson in the film Serenity, was a member of the rescue team that investigated the strange happenings on Miranda. Her recording of the event, noting the Alliance's inadvertent creation of what would become the Reavers, is pivotal in the film's climax. She, along with the rest of her team, is killed by the Reavers after their ship crashed.
What was the name of the rescue team? So does this possibly point to a 2nd Reaver? Or unrelated?
Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.
~ Alan Watts
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4384 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

Attention
Attention, please!

Since it seems to be an overwhelming popular demand; all nights from now on will be 48 hrs rather than 72 hrs.

Thank you :)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4385 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Malakittens »

I’m not scum though you asshole aka EJ.

I thought just maybe, just maybe. Town would let me win with them since we were so far ahead, but obv not. I really don’t think town will auto lose with the lynch of Mal.

But then again I thought maybe this game wasn’t going to be heavily broken by Flavour but like every then game it seems like it has been
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4386 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Jingle »

RR is probably a full tracker at this point.

EJ, don't hide. You're not going to get shot, because you're a red herring for scum to hide behind if you're telling the truth. RR, target a scumread.

CT, you should probably protect RR just in case scum tries to glory shoot the tracker.

Buj claim is still kind of the odd one out and probably needs to be dealt with sooner or later, especially because A50 refused to answer when I asked if the town was Serenity and it's allies.

Paranoia on us at this point is pretty cute, but ultimately unnecessary given our confirmation of the a member of the Serenity crew bit a full thousand posts before the Ari flip.

EJ should be lynched at 5p, imo, out of paranoia that he's actually scum. If you need to confirm the masons before then fine, but focusing on catching otherscum first is probably more important.
This is a Parachute.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4387 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:54 am

Post by RightKnight »

~ Alan Watts
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4388 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Malakittens »

Yes I’m okay with eating a ban for language.
Yes I’m really pissed rn.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #4389 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:57 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

If scum kill me to take away my victory, I'm going to be very sad.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4390 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4384, Almost50 wrote:
Attention
Attention, please!

Since it seems to be an overwhelming popular demand; all nights from now on will be 48 hrs rather than 72 hrs.

As a mod, might I make the suggestion of adding to your rules set the option for all players to unanimously end the night at your earliest convenience by PM? It never actually happens, but it can theoretically save time in solved games and low player situations like the night before a 3p LYLO.

UNVOTE:

Buj has a point.
This is a Parachute.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4391 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 4389, Elsa Jay wrote:If scum kill me to take away my victory, I'm going to be very sad.
I really hope they do and I’m surprised they haven’t already

Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4392 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Flicker »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Please, stop beating this dead horse. Everyone who's familiar with the flavor knows who and what you're talking about, and you're not going to be able to argue that somehow you, who seem to have no flavor knowledge, are actually right over us. If you want to keep going down this path for yourself until you think you have something, kindly contain in to your hydra PT.

Putting you on ignore now.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4393 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:00 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4384, Almost50 wrote:
Attention
Attention, please!

When were they ever 72 hrs? and I thought the vote was for N4+? I am legit more confused by this, then anything else in the game thus far.

Is A50 teasing us here? :(
~ Alan Watts
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4394 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:02 am

Post by Jingle »

Suggestion: Mala, declare V/LA for the remainder of the game. No one will blame you for not wanting to take part.

If we accidentally lynch Mal somehow, Mala wins.

If scum end up killing Mal, it takes us off of evens without a No Lynch and nets us an additional mislynch. There's a good chance RR is Mal, thus a decent choice for a scumkill. Obviously we have to lynch Mala before endgame, but there is town utility in leaving her alive for now.
This is a Parachute.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4395 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:03 am

Post by Malakittens »

Always been 72. I was the asshole who asked for it to be decreased to 48. Lol

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #4396 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 4391, Malakittens wrote:
In post 4389, Elsa Jay wrote:If scum kill me to take away my victory, I'm going to be very sad.
I really hope they do and I’m surprised they haven’t already
Sensing high sodium levels... Cats shouldn't be able to hold that much in their system.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4397 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4388, Malakittens wrote:Yes I’m okay with eating a ban for language.
Yes I’m really pissed rn.
:(

I really am sorry. I can definitely understand your frustration.

It's why I advocate flavorless or publically independently assigned flavor and role games.
This is a Parachute.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4398 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:07 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4392, Flicker wrote:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Please, stop beating this dead horse. Everyone who's familiar with the flavor knows who and what you're talking about, and you're not going to be able to argue that somehow you, who seem to have no flavor knowledge, are actually right over us. If you want to keep going down this path for yourself until you think you have something, kindly contain in to your hydra PT.

Putting you on ignore now.
I should just vote you for unnecessary rudeness. If you honestly don’t care, if you are making incorrect assumptions or not, then that’s really good to know - that you’re not someone I probably want to play with in the future.

You’re not going to bait me, into getting our slot modkilled. Nice try though. :roll:
~ Alan Watts
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4399 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:14 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4395, Malakittens wrote:Always been 72. I was the asshole who asked for it to be decreased to 48. Lol
I must have misread that vote PM. I thought it was to change from 48 to 24. 72 hr. nights is whacked.

If it makes you feel any better, I wish we were lynching Flicker for acting nasty and obnoxious - for I still don’t even know what reasons? There’s really no need ever, for that kind of behaviour, imo. :/
~ Alan Watts

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”