Post by LabRat01 »

In post 92, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:
In post 41, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 36, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 30, LabRat01 wrote:do it
WIFOM says you're not scum partners:
If not,
as partners
, it would seem you've made too much of a conscious effort to try to distance eachother (through anti-distance...?)

Playful RVS vote eachother...
You going all about how you dug up their first scum game and read ten whole pages of it as part of meta research...
Creating an awkward dis-connection between you two, which I conclude is: 2xVT or 1 goon-1 VT interactions.
uh, that was connected to the game, but it was pre game
I prob wouldn't have had enough time to read 10 pages of another game after getting the RC even if I tried it
Why not?
What why not?
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:55 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 98, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:Also, where the hell is Creature? I just realized that he's in the game trying to see who we haven't heard from.
If Creature keeps up this activity, I think its very safe to assume that he is scum.

-Kor
does creature lurk as scum? is it like a general rule or just a shitter read
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:00 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

oh yay this game started!
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:09 am

Post by Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde »

In post 99, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 16, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 15, Carmen wrote:
In post 12, LabRat01 wrote:wanna check it for me?
Nah, it's not there.

VOTE: Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
aww, that's a shame VOTE: carmen
I'm p sure some form of it should be there though, cuz the bracket thingy is written in my RC
wanna check it again? or are you lying in order for someone to notice this "contradiction" and derp you as town?
I'm personally not really sure what to make of this post. I get it if its a joke, however, it feels awkward. It feels like the joke fell flat after he continued it on, and said that his vote was semi-serious, (which, why was it semi-serious?). That doesn't really sit well with me atm. Its reading to me like he's certain that Carmen is actually scum and trying to do that to get cleared as town, which, would imply that Carmen is scum as well.

I read Carmen's post as a joke, (which, admittedly, I'd have done too), and their post is fine. It's actually alright. It doesn't bother me. Lab's post does actually bother me however. I can see him thinking Carmen's post isn't a joke, (when I'm pretty sure it is one—unless Carmen is a god-tier scum-player and can get away with that), however, his reaction to the joke feels wrong.
That was a bullshit read based on my imagination of how a mafia’s reaction to getting a town alignment would look like. Carmen’s post was a joke, but it was written in a safe way, that could come from mafia who wanted to joke about it, but was too stressed to open-wolf right at the beginning of the game.
(by lying and saying that “there was nothing in their RC”, they could give themselves a bit more leeway than if they wrote “lol, it’s really there”)
I could explain it better, but I think manatee wouldn’t really like it
But yes, it is connected to how I see my role card and what I know about the host
This was never meant to be a joke, but after writing the post I realized that it could be misunderstood in a really wrong way. There isn’t anything more to it
What makes you think that scum would post that in thread though? Why wouldn't they PM Manatee or post it in their PT? What do they have to gain by posting that in the thread? FMPOV, scum wouldn't want to only because then they run the risk of accidentally outing themselves, and that would put town one step closer to winning, (only requiring one more mafia to be sent to hell to win).

I would've done the same thing as Carman in that situation; I'd have jokingly said "No, its not there, it says Mafia however". If you don't believe me on that, the newbie game with LCPL and myself, I jokingly claimed SK at the very start of the game. I don't really see RVS jokes as AI, but rather as NAI. It's RVS memes. Sure, Carman saying that is plausible suspicion, however, you aren't really taking into account the RVS aspect of it.

Additionally, if that post isn't a joke, then IMO, that makes it incredibly scummy, because I'm seeing it as you're pretty sure that Carmen is actually scum, and that was a slip. What benefit does Carmen (or the scum team) get if they are actually scum, and they do obv!scum early D1? Wouldn't it be better for Carmen to
not
do that then?
In post 100, LabRat01 wrote:
If not,
as partners
, it would seem you've made too much of a conscious effort to try to distance eachother (through anti-distance...?)

You going all about how you dug up their first scum game and read ten whole pages of it as part of meta research...
Creating an awkward dis-connection between you two, which I conclude is: 2xVT or 1 goon-1 VT interactions.
I prob wouldn't have had enough time to read 10 pages of another game after getting the RC even if I tried it
Why not?
What why not?
Why wouldn't you have time after the game started?
LabRat01 wrote:
In post 98, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:Also, where the hell is Creature? I just realized that he's in the game trying to see who we haven't heard from.
If Creature keeps up this activity, I think its very safe to assume that he is scum.

-Kor
does creature lurk as scum? is it like a general rule or just a shitter read
Yea, Creature, (as town) is able to obv!town himself fairly easily just by posting.
Scum!Creature however, typically lurks out of the game. Creature prefers to be town, not scum.
Ultimately, you have to look at his posting, however, if he hasn't really posted, and has just lurked, general rule of thumb says that he's scum.

-Kor
Hydra of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:14 am

In post 102, Irrelephant11 wrote:oh yay this game started!
Irrel, do you have any thoughts about the game so far?

-Kor
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 97, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:however, I don't really see it as the basis for a semi-serious(?) vote
Those were my page one feels mayn. They're obviously not gonna be killer cases with resounding substance and power.

(Please note: I purposefully didn't want my first vote to be random, regardless of how much I believed that player was actually scum)
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Currently looking at Dr J - yes, he's asking questions (some I don't understand how they're helping him sort a player) and calling players posts weird/odd/wrong - but is he attributing an alignment to each of these observations? Where are his conclusions?

I.e is he just pressing players for the sake of it? (scummy motivation).

I will come up with a conclusion in the next 41 minutes.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:48 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 23, Keyser Söze wrote:Godammit! Still haven't rolled scum with
the worst
(there were even improved odds too: 3 from 9!)
tw and I agree the scum chat is very sad without you
In post 31, LabRat01 wrote:do you think you'll be able to read him?
Played two consecutive completed games with him recently, so I hope that helps me.
In post 30, LabRat01 wrote:WIFOM says you're not scum partners:
If not,
as partners

this sounds about right for town!Keyser on page 2
In post 59, the worst wrote:Hmmm. I have a fair bit of experience with keyser so I might hold off on exactly how to read him here for a bit if that's alright (I promise, the end result will make up for the inconvenience. :D)

I kinda wish more people would come to play at this point. If you have any other hot takes lmk. I know volxen and Relly for example are good at producing content.
I'm here! You're not in my townreads yet, I'll let you decide what to do with that
In post 66, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 49, Lefty wrote:MU doesn’t even work on my phone unless WiFi

Rip
Yeah, what the hell happened to MU, even in some browsers it's broken.
In post 51, the worst wrote:Keyser my love if you had to dayvig someone based off rvs who would it be and why?
Bit too early for that :giggle: but a
send to hell
vote on Lefty was suffice. Ask me again when everyone has posted.
In post 57, the worst wrote:as far as Keyser goes, he's not someone I would townread off a derpclear or tone or anything like that
I'm glad you put the breaks on here... I thought you were showing me too much love :wink: x
Your vote on Lefty is either a good one or too easy
I don't feel much from Lefty tbh, which is maybe a little scum indicative
I don't love that tw asked you to pick a scum from earlyposters even though you already had (busywork?)
In post 68, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote: I am here, game started when I was asleep.
@Mod, could we have what phase it is put in the thread title?

(Ik that we should know, however, just so its always known and someone can't use the argument of "well I didn't know it was (phase), otherwise I wouldn't have hammered them!")
slight townlean for this (more because it's Korina than if it was anyone else)
In post 71, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 51, the worst wrote:Keyser my love if you had to dayvig someone based off rvs who would it be and why?
Don’t cross the line though or a tragedy may occur
Spoiler: nudity and severe congenital defects

That’s better
Spoiler: NSFW

ԅ( ˘ω˘ԅ)
so many animal avatars in the game...
oh
oh my
:eek:
:lol:
In post 74, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 54, the worst wrote:how do you read Key's entrance to the thread btw? I wanna try and sort him as quickly as possible so I can comfortably resume quoting The Usual Suspects and burninating scum.
Was the “I wanna try to sort Key as quick as possible” supposed to be an excuse for asking Left to post reads?

No?
but it def feels that way
OR it feels like your question to Lefty was just an excuse to show off your great town motivations.
Which one do you pick?

I don’t like the previous post either (the one I joked about). It’s prob not directly scum motivated, but it feels a really safe and non-personal way of questioning someone.
I really don't know what is being said here
Yep, I've read it three times and still don't know
In post 102, Irrelephant11 wrote:oh yay this game started!
Irrel, do you have any thoughts about the game so far?

-Kor
I'm catching up, thank u
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

dumb
somehow there's an extra layer of quotes there, can't seem to fix it
Hopefully my responses are clear
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:55 am

In post 106, Keyser Söze wrote:Currently looking at Dr J - yes, he's asking questions (some I don't understand how they're helping him sort a player) and calling players posts weird/odd/wrong - but is he attributing an alignment to each of these observations? Where are his conclusions?

I.e is he just pressing players for the sake of it? (scummy motivation).

I will come up with a conclusion in the next 41 minutes.
Part of this is because I’m in a hydra, I’d much rather bounce ideas off LCPL
then
give what we both agree upon, however, if you want my own personal thoughts on the matter, I think that Lab isbplaying scummy rn.
I’m trying to apply pressure onto him to see how he reacts.

If you actually read my posts, you’d see that I’ve said I find Lab to be scummy.
I’m also waiting to see what Lab has to say before I make my final conclusion, however, atm, I think he’s likely to flip scum.

-Kor
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:00 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 103, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:
In post 99, LabRat01 wrote:That was a bullshit read based on my imagination of how a mafia’s reaction to getting a town alignment would look like. Carmen’s post was a joke, but it was written in a safe way, that could come from mafia who wanted to joke about it, but was too stressed to open-wolf right at the beginning of the game.
(by lying and saying that “there was nothing in their RC”, they could give themselves a bit more leeway than if they wrote “lol, it’s really there”)
I could explain it better, but I think manatee wouldn’t really like it
But yes, it is connected to how I see my role card and what I know about the host
This was never meant to be a joke, but after writing the post I realized that it could be misunderstood in a really wrong way. There isn’t anything more to it
What makes you think that scum would post that in thread though? Why wouldn't they PM Manatee or post it in their PT? What do they have to gain by posting that in the thread? FMPOV, scum wouldn't want to only because then they run the risk of accidentally outing themselves, and that would put town one step closer to winning, (only requiring one more mafia to be sent to hell to win).
Lol, you’re reading it in a really weird way. You’re assuming that mafia doesn’t make awkward jokes because they’re afraid of outing themselves. That’s obviously not the case

Sure, they could have said nothing, but you cannot assume that “being cautious” will stop scum from posting jokes. It’s not that “they will gain anything”, it’s that “they thought it’s fun and they thought that they couldn’t lose anything by just joking around (while taking the necessary safety measures)”. Which I refuted by SRing them
In post 103, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:I would've done the same thing as Carman in that situation; I'd have jokingly said "No, its not there, it says Mafia however". If you don't believe me on that, the newbie game with LCPL and myself, I jokingly claimed SK at the very start of the game.
And yeeeah, I believe you would say that. I would have been totally SRing you in the newb game you and LCpl were in. The tone in your posts was really weird and your arguments tended to miss the point so damn much (at least in the first few pages)…
Btw, I was supposed to ask you for that in the beginning of the game, but I forgot. Could you link me to a finished scum game of yours? A good one if possible
In post 103, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:I don't really see RVS jokes as AI, but rather as NAI. It's RVS memes. Sure, Carman saying that is plausible suspicion, however, you aren't really taking into account the RVS aspect of it. Additionally, if that post isn't a joke, then IMO, that makes it incredibly scummy, because I'm seeing it as you're pretty sure that Carmen is actually scum, and that was a slip. What benefit does Carmen (or the scum team) get if they are actually scum, and they do obv!scum early D1? Wouldn't it be better for Carmen to
not
do that then?
And oh god, have I not said enough that it was not a fully developed read?
Were you expecting me to go all wishy-washy and explain myself in every post that I’m not actually that confident in it? Seriously, even if I wanted to do that, that’s just not how you push people
Jeez, just c’mon, that would be just bad
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:01 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 103, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:
In post 100, LabRat01 wrote:
If not,
as partners

Why not?
What why not?
Why wouldn't you have time after the game started?
I’m a slow reader, reading 10 pages (especially in a game with a lot of walls) would take me a few hours. Besides, I was rather active on the thread early on, so I would have to be distracting myself all the time, which would make reading that even longer -_-
Idk how much time was from day-start to the point when I said that I’ve read the game, but it shouldn’t be more than 0,5-1 hour
That’s just not a thing I’d be able to do
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:05 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 107, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 23, Keyser Söze wrote:Godammit! Still haven't rolled scum with
the worst
(there were even improved odds too: 3 from 9!)
tw and I agree the scum chat is very sad without you
honestly, that joke feels a bit off

but I guess he just started playing and is in the RvS stake, so w/e

more importantly, @Keyser you got cheated on... :thumbs_up:
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:09 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

VOTE: the worst
In post 76, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 55, Lefty wrote:What’s your take on Soze so far? Is the ‘I thought it was just two goons’ and then the break down of DrJ/Rat following that line of thought something you think they’d do/are capable of as scum?
You know, sth like that could prob be faked by a 5-year old.
Possibly younger

It kinda feels like you didn't want to appear useless so decided to write
anything
that might appear helpful without actually considering if it makes sense to ask about that.
Do not do it like that. If you want to do sth, you can comment on the stuff:
-I wrote about duck,
-keyser wrote about me&DrJ,
-DrJ wrote about me/keiser
-or w/e.
Just pick a wagon and go with it, there’s no need to be wary here
Sort of aggressive response, town points for that I think
In post 82, Keyser Söze wrote:I half answered it/revised post because of *ongoing game*...

But yeah, I went into this game thinking... ‘if I’m scum, I hope it’s with the worst!’

(I prefer scum hunting though, as VT my ideal role)
without a second thought about rolling scum with me? I'm hurt
In post 87, Keyser Söze wrote:Me and TW are in love with eachother right now, but his introduction was maybe 15% buddy-esque towards me (from his point of you I bet he thinks I was trying to buddy him too! (Maybe at 5% output though). But at least I’ve looked at other players! :giggle:
I don’t think his priority should be to sort me first, that was a surprising post from him.

P.EDIT will look at conversation now
What should his priority have been, you think?
ftr I maybe agree but want to see you go into it more
from Korina reminds me of town!him

-Kor
Though I feel like it's probably too early to say this

pedit: lol I was in the games Keyser and tw played together, so I was feeling left outttt :P
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:14 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 68, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote: I am here, game started when I was asleep.
@Mod, could we have what phase it is put in the thread title?

(Ik that we should know, however, just so its always known and someone can't use the argument of "well I didn't know it was (phase), otherwise I wouldn't have hammered them!")
slight townlean for this (more because it's Korina than if it was anyone else)
elaborate on this please
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:15 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Korina is kinda LAMIST-y as town, at least based on the one game we played together
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:15 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

labrat come vote the worst with me
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:16 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 74, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 54, the worst wrote:how do you read Key's entrance to the thread btw? I wanna try and sort him as quickly as possible so I can comfortably resume quoting The Usual Suspects and burninating scum.
Was the “I wanna try to sort Key as quick as possible” supposed to be an excuse for asking Left to post reads?

No?
but it def feels that way
OR it feels like your question to Lefty was just an excuse to show off your great town motivations.
Which one do you pick?

I don’t like the previous post either (the one I joked about). It’s prob not directly scum motivated, but it feels a really safe and non-personal way of questioning someone.
I really don't know what is being said here
Yep, I've read it three times and still don't know

The post could be read either as
“duck being unsure of his reads and asking Left to post his reads, so that he can sheep them”
(which makes no sense)
OR it could be read as
“duck asking Left for reads and then conveniently explaining WHY he’s asking him for reads, by showcasing his townie motivations”.

You don’t usually need to show off how townie you are when asking someone for reads
And I think it’s scummy
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:17 am

Post by LabRat01 »

clicked submit instead of preview...
ugh
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:18 am

Post by LabRat01 »

btw, I get the feeling that the players who haven't posted yet should be PMed to inform them that the game has started...
They might be just unaware of that cuz there was no day-start PM

dunno of it's possible to do that at this point of the game though :/
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:18 am