Most Infamous Mafia Games Of All Time?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:39 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Snakes of a Plane! was pretty infamously ruined by the moderator, bluesoul.

First, the game was rampant with moderator mistakes with vote counts, rules questions, absences, and so forth. He also actually locked the thread for a day in "observance" of "Snakes on a Plane Day."

Second, one role was the "Director" who actually had no loss condition (read: bad role). That player basically had knowledge of the set-up and nightactions, and could choose to "reshoot" scenes (i.e., cancel a night's worth of night-actions).

Third, the Mod then abandoned the game for four months. The Director took over moderating since they were the only one with (semi) knowledge of the set-up. This involved at least one replacement (me!) who could not actually get a role PM.

And fourth, at the very end of the game, when the game was down to 6 players, the Moderator returned (though he still did not send me a role PM). When we then dropped to 5 players on Day 8, as a "reward" to the Director for keeping the game running (who -- again -- did not have an alignment, and could not, in fact, lose), bluesoul then confirmed to the Town that the Director was "not a threat to the Town." In other words, in 5-player endgame he confirmed that one of the players who was legitimately up for lynching/vigging should not be lynched/vigged.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."

Return to “Mafia Discussion”